Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Stand Out

Started by Anonymous, June 11, 2009, 09:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Ahhh!! Ah ha ha ha!" Greenish brown hair tossed through the air in a circular motion, vines crawled along the floor trying to catch the feet that bearly touched the floor. A small upturned nose winkled as lips curved into a smile. Bright green eyes narrowed in a playful stare.
Open up your eyes take a look at me
If the picture fits in your memory
I've been dreamin by the rythym like the beat of a heart
And i won't stop until I start to stand out

The winds through the leaves in the trees whispered through the trunks and branches of the forest, whispering the words that only the nymphs slightly pointed ears could hear. One rather tall and lanky one imparticular jumped forward and did a releve on one foot, falling forward and tossing her hair.
If the squeaky wheels always gettin the greese
I'm totally devoted to disturbin the peace
And I'll do it all again, when I get it done
Until I become your number one

Laughter continued for the nymphs through the music. Then, the music began to die. It became scratchy like an old record, their beat was thrown of making them now move awkwardly. Looking around she heard the hiss of flames and the burning smell of smoke. Her emerald eyes went wide.
No *crackle hiss hiss crackle* means of escape
Gonna break every rule I'll bend them all out of shape
It *hiss crack crack*w' just a matter of when

You get the message that I'm tryin to send
Many of the nymphs in their trees were beginning to cry, some nymphs were to never leave the tree. Others could, their tree a magical home inside. The fire licked their skin and burned their fingers. First Ashleigh shouted orders to the apple tree nymphs, they were made for battle. "Find water! Find water fast!" Next she moved to the imprisoned nymphes and created extra vines around the trunk to protect it. "It will be ok." She whispered.

The fire danced closer and closer, she could almost see male figures walking toward them hand outstreached in a lusty but dangerous way. "NOO!" She had been so busy worrying about her friends she had neglicted her own tree, it was almost on fire. The flames were making her weak, to walk forward seemed to be the worst task to be given. Sweat made her skin glisten.

Then, everything went black just as she dove to be by her tree. Her pale body fell to the floor, the vines closing around her, letting only one half o fher face and a hand become visible.

Lion

[Hope you don't mind me dropping in here.  Thread looked interesting so I thought I'd check it out.]

He didn't do a lot of traveling, but when he did, he ensured he went far.  Thorn needed some time away from the city, away from the madness of odd jobs and little pay.  The work he'd been doing lately was, to be frank, quite an embarrassment for a man of his caliber.  He was a psychic for crying out loud!  How the hell could moving boxes be of any use to him?  Now, he wasn't one to usually complain about a job but when it started to get where he couldn't even use his natural-born talents, that's when he really got ticked off.

So, as far as he was concerned, this whole excursion into the Draconi was a much needed break from the indifference of the civilized world.  He could handle himself out here if he had to.  There was more to fear in cities than in the deep, dark unknown.

But something was different here and now.  His sense picked up the putrid smell of smoke in a nearby area.  Now he wasn't one to rush into the heart of danger, but he heard voices in the vicinity and that was enough cause to spur his powerful legs to run toward it, if only that he might help someone.  But what he saw was not what he was expecting.

Already smoke engulfed the area, a thick torrent of an opaqueness that was extremely heavy on the eyes.  "Hello," he called out into the smoke, hoping for an answer.  But when he received none he strode steadily forward, avoiding the sharp pangs in his lungs when he could help it.  It wasn't until he tripped over something along the ground.  He grunted his pain when his body flailed to the ground.  Turning his head, he spotted something that resembled a body covered in vines of a sort.  "Hey," he muttered, nudging the body.  "Hey!"  When he didn't see it respond to him, he climbed to his feet, reached down and grabbed up the female form only to find the vines locked tightly around her.  Quickly, sensing the flames coming near along with the presence of several others, he reached for his dagger and cut the vegetation caught at her feet.

He then dragged her out, slumped her up over his shoulder and carried her away from the scene.  Away as swiftly as his legs could take him for it was an imminent certainty that they surely would have both burned had they stayed any longer.  When the smoke cleared from his senses, he set her body down on the ground, readjusting her so that she might be more comfortable.

The clearing he had settled her in was narrow and the sound of rushing water nearby touched his ears.  Carefully he knelt beside her and cut the vines from her face hoping that she might breath or come to.  "Hey," he called again, hoping to get a response out of her this time.  "Come on, wake up!"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

[Hope you don't mind me popping in]

Hachen and his pig were simply following the road, going around Draconi forest, he wasn't about to let his little pink companion get them lost in there again but he was about to dive in again because his pig sniffed the air and darted off into Draconi before the fire started, and Hachen followed.  

They were far but they ran hard and although getting exhausted Hachen found more resolve to follow his pig when he saw the smoke rise.  Humans are at it again, he thought racing towards a river he'd been to many times before, pig stopped and started to follow him.

Hachen and his pig bounded into the clearing where Thorn and Ashleigh were but they weren't looking their way.  Hachen reached into his pocket and pulled out what seemed to be a simple stick from a pocket in his coat and pointed to the water.  He then moved the stick to point at where the fire was and after a few seconds the ground started to shift and make a canal going towards the fire to extinguish it.

Hachen told his pig to stay and he ran off after his canal to keep the humans from relighting the flames and stoping this madness.  The pig looked around and spotted two people, when he noticed one was hurt he ran over to see if she was okay.

Anonymous

(Kalli's going to join in too.)

Kalli took in the situation carefully. She had been there anyway, walking about the forest, but when it became clear that there was an emergency, she rushed toward Hachen and Thorn, her brown eyes flashing a fire nearly as intense as the flames trying to engulf the forest.

"Didn't you hear her? Get some water you idiots!" Kalli knew such language wasn't necessary, but what else could one call two men who just stood there and did nothing while flames raged? "I will stay with her. Perhaps my heal spell will help. Now, please, get some water! Don't just stand there!"

The girl in Thorn's arms did not appear to be moving very much, if at all. Kalli was concerned, but she knew that there were others in need of help too.

Anonymous

((mind if I drop in?))

Reym sat on the thick branch of the tree, watching the smoke plume rise into the sky. He tapped the side of the ornate mask he wore with one claw, and said in a low, stern voice, "Now, old friend, what mischief have you gotten up to today?"
He'd come out to the forest to hunt, as he did nearly every day, and he wore the mask depicting the fire spirit as a matter of tradition. It was supposed to grant him that spirit's blessing and protection. Not that he had a strong belief in the spirits, but it was tradition, and he wasn't entirely sure he disbelieved either.

He hopped to the ground and dropped to all fours to run toward the smoke. It allowed him greater speed and stability in this thick forest. The fire spirit was known to the boetheri for his destructive tendencies, but also his compassion. In short, fires rarely started themselves, particularly on such a fine day as this. Someone is abusing its power, either by accident or intent, either way, if something isn't done quickly, there will be little forest left to hunt in!

As he approached the blaze, smoke and ash filled the air, causing his eyes to water, and making it difficult to see or breathe. He spotted a large tree upwind of the smoke and leapt into it, using his strong claws to climb it swiftly, only stopping when he'd reached fresh air. Here he had a good view of the surroundings.
Peering down, he could see figures in the midst of the smoke. They seemed to be scrambling to fight against the flames, and at least one of them appeared to be hurt. Still, they seemed to be holding together for the moment. He turned from them to scan the rest of the blaze, to see who else might be lurking about.