Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Idiot trying to make a friend! - OPEN!

Started by Anonymous, August 29, 2009, 04:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Zaniyah walked down the forest pass looking up in awe of the life and really old looking buildings. She walked over the foot-bridge stopping to look over the side in the middle, entrapped with how the light reflected the bright yellow ball that she called the sun. "How the water shimmers and sparkles" she whispered as she watched the fishes swimming slowly and hypnotizing motions.

Her stomach at that peaceful moment chooses to start to grumble reminding her that she had not eating in a couple of days. "Oooh" she moaned, "so hungry! I wonder where I can find some food in this place." Of course a couple of days to her were really just last night. She just comes to Sanctuary to see the awesome remains of the dragon that was said to be here, but she decided that after being here it was not such a bad place. Really peaceful she thought, I wonder where all the people are though.

In the distance she saw the temple with what looked to be like someone in front of it. Her ears twitched in her excitement, whoopee she thought final someone to talk to. She ran down to the other side of the bridge with the long tails of her patched up pink coat flapping in the breeze, her old black boots taking her down the well worn path. She was running so fast she almost took out a couple of birds.

Zaniyah started to slow down a couple of feet away, as she wanted to make a good impression. She jumped behind a tree to tuck her beige shirt into her black breeches, doing up her coat's cracked wooden buttons. Pulling her hair back into a messy ponytail as half of it had falling out while she was running, "I can do this" she whispered to herself oh I hope I can make friends at least she thought as she stepped out from behind the tree. Just as she was a fifty or less steps away from them she fell face first onto the dirt path "BUGGER" she yelled.

Anonymous

((Sorry if this sucks >_<))

Long ears twitched idly.

Dark almond coloured eyes carefully perused the small book in hand. However, that was not the focus. It was the noise actually...the noise was distracting her. On a day that she wasn't working, she had decided to visit the Sanctuary, and in all the beauty and peacefulness, she would of course be the one to find the noise. Her eyes narrowed as she tried to bring her focus to the writing on the book, but found her ears twitching and twisting to find the source.

When you were a Quickling, you found yourself able to do some things that other couldn't. Like turn your head so fast that you could look at something without arousing their suspicion. The trick of the whole thing, was to not snap your neck in the process, or make it sore in the morning. Both were bad options, and she had once sprained her neck by doing such a thing. Those were her younger days however. Now she was a little more experienced.

Today she had dressed a little more modestly than she normally would. She felt this place was ancient, and like forests, she thought it earned a little respect. She wouldn't wear a dress though, they tended to annoy her to no end. She wore a simple pair of dark green breeches, neatly tailored off at the end to allow her hooves to freely fit through. She wore a nice tunic of course, nothing immodest, it covered her quite nicely the lighter green garment. She did have it tucked into her pants of course. She wore a thin leather coat over the whole thing, for most people it might be a normal coat, but for her tiny form it was more of a trench coat than anything. The belt hang useless and she only bothered to button the middle button up.

A hand ran through her short pixie-cut pink hair, something she found incredibly useful, and as some had told her, rather cute. It kept it out of her eyes, and that's all that mattered. There was not much happening with this strange person that was approaching the temple she had taken residence in front of. She wasn't exactly sure of the rules, and she did not feel like desecrating a temple by entering it. Still, it was shade, and the cool breeze around it was nice.

Something broke the silence.

Something loud, and perhaps slightly angry. It was the young creature who had just finished smashing her face into the dirt. Snapping her book shut and doing the leather binding up on it, she turned to look at the poor young woman.

"You know, it's left foot, right foot, left, right, left right, and so on. I can't really blame you though, I had a hard time walking when I was young. My feet just kept...running ahead of me." Her voice was a tad fast, and a bit high, but she wasn't exactly being mean...she did understand the plight of walking, it could be difficult after all! Still...face planting into the dirt...that took a bit of skill. Or it could have been because of her coat...the long tails of her coat might have caught. Tsk.

"Lemme help you up." The small pink skinned creature was suddenly at her side, crouching down as she put her book away into her coat and holding out her other hand to the woman.

Anonymous

Zaniyah's ears twitched when she hear someone say "You know, it's left foot, right foot, left, right, left right, and so on. I can't really blame you though; I had a hard time walking when I was young. My feet just kept...running ahead of me." Her face turning a lovely shade of light red her hair falling into her face as some of it had fallen out of its tie again. She looked up through her choppy bangs  with her one eye that showed was a silvery-yellow with a cat-like pupil while the other a plain honey-brown, just in time to see a pink skinned creature offer to help her up.

All Zaniyah could do was stare she is pretty, sooo pretty and cute she thought to herself. Trying hard to keep her implosive nature to grab at the creature in front of her, as it was her nature to do such things bad habit as it was. While grabbing the pink hand that was offered, she got up onto her knees. A smile planted on her face showing of her oval shaped face and her soft blond with pink highlights falling out of her tie. Her ears twitching ever so often at noise that the birds made and the wind blowing the grass and branches.

"Hey there, my name Zaniyah but my friends call me Zani," she giggled a bit putting her hand that had grabbed the offered one behind her head. "I made quite the fool of myself tripping over my own two feet did I not? So what's your name if you do not mind me asking?" she questioned the other trying to make light of the fact she was embarrassed. Her ears twitching again as she waited for the others reply.

Anonymous

The staring.

It was always staring.

Despite the fact she could become a blur of pink through accelerated motion, there was one thing Fyuni could not do. That was to get people from staring at her. It always happened, and she of course, could understand. Some creatures were so strange that she had to simply stare at them as well. However, she was very good about it, and she could be discreet.

Unlike this mismatched bundle of ratty clothed person before her. Fyuni helped the person up though, deciding not to say anything more to her at this time. She had given her a slight lecture on walking and then another on staring might come off a bit over-zealous and perhaps a little...rude. Rude mostly.

"Zay...nee? That seems oddly appropriate for a rather zaney looking creature like yourself." The quickling smirked slightly as she stood up and made sure to re-button her coat up, as the darn thing had come loose as she had knelt down. "Feeyouknee, my name, I'm told is Fyuni, which I suppose is a nice enough name, and it feels like it's my name so...Fyuni...just Fyuni." Her people didn't have surnames like a lot of the humanoid races did. There weren't as many of them, so it seemed ridiculous really. Trees after all only had one name...so it never made sense to add a second name.

"What are you here for Zaynee? Just coming to enjoy the quiet nature of the sanctuary?" It was a good question to start with, it wasn't too obtrusive after all. Not that Fyuni needed to know, but she was a bit curious. After all, this was such a gentle place, she didn't know why she really wanted to come here, so maybe Zani here had some reason.

It'd be nice to know that she had also just been drawn here as well by some whim.

Anonymous

Zaniyah looked at Fyuni her head tilted to one side; she smiled again her face turning back to its normal tanned colour as Fyuni asked her what she was doing in sanctuary. "I am here my good Fyuni to see the awe-inspiring remnants of the dragon. Also take in the life of the nature around, and the old ruins that hide within the new life that is growing around it" Zaniyah stated in a loud and cheerful voice.

She stood up show herself to be a height of five foot three. Zaniyah's ears twitched again as she just notice that she was slightly taller than Fyuni who she would guess to be about four foot. Hmm... I wonder what race she is....maybe she's a mutt like I am. Zaniyah thought to herself. For she knew it would be rude to just ask Fyuni. Zaniyah brushed of the dust and wiped her face in the sleeve of her patched up pink coat to rid herself of the dirt that she could feel upon her face.    She swung her arms about like a youngster, bright and breezy merrily grin on her face turning around in a complete circle.

Zaniyah then piped up in her loud jolly voice, "Why are you here, are you her to get away from those that do not understand? Do you know where the dragon bones are? Would you like a honey stick I have some in my pocket they are really good, my friend Nadia gave them to me?"

Anonymous

Fyuni couldn't believe this young creature...well, she could believe her words, she couldn't believe the creature itself in terms of personality. She wasn't sure what it was, but there was a slightly honest look the mutt. She was very excitable it seemed, and she talked almost as fast as Fyuni used to. Fyuni still did, but she had to get to know the person a little better instead of just opening her mouth and spilling her guts. She had done a bit of maturing but in her heart of hearts she was still just a Quickling.

"The shrine you mean. It's...some work of art, I'll admit, back in Draconi and around the Terrin mountains we never had anything like that just lying around." If they did though...well, anything as beautiful as the shrine they may very well do the same thing that had been done here. Turn it into holy ground of sorts.

One thing about this woman, Fyuni's fingers twitched from. Her clothing. All patched up like that...it really made her want to fix it, or in the very least, make her a new one. However, she didn't know this Zani very well, and she didn't much want to just start offering coats and seamstress repair to her. Not yet. That might come later. She would admit though, that if anyone came across them, the level of cuteness might be too much for someone to handle.

"I..." Fyuni had processed all the questions, she still couldn't believe how this girl talked though. "I've already eaten today, thanks though. I came here because I have no outstanding work to do, and I thought I should have a little break today. The shrine's over this way, if that's what you really want to see...it is actually quite beautiful." Once again her reply was very fast, and it was hard to even imagine how fast the Quickling's tongue had to move not to trip over itself. Fyuni decided the best thing to do was to help guide Zani toward the shrine. They had to go inside, past gardens, which Fyuni would openly admit to being rather beautiful.

"They do take very good care of plants and trees here, they have such beautiful gardens don't they? I only wish that I could have something as nice as this at my house." She sighed wistfully, but perked up once the shrine was in sight. The dragon shrine, the centre of the entire sanctuary. It was really quite a sight, more so with the raised wing that created a canopy for the skull and the couple of ribs...and her sensitive ears could hear the babbling spring water that bubbled from the depths of rocks within the shrine. "Quite beautiful...to think in death that a Dragon could still retain such a fearsome beauty."

Anonymous

Zaniyah looked at Fyuni ears' twitching in excitement waiting to hear the replies to her question. She listened as Fyuni told her that the shine was 'some work of art' and how back in Draconi and around the mountains in Terrin they had nothing like it. Wow, it must be really pretty then, so Fyuni must be from around Draconi then Zani thought.

Zaniyah noticed the twitching in Fyuni's fingers, I wonder why her fingers are twitching, if she's itchy she should just scratch it already otherwise it will just get worst. Zain's ears dropped a bit at the tips when she heard Fyuni, who she hope later on would become her new friend, refusal at the honey sticks. She understood that if you were not hunger one should not eat or they could get a sore tummy.

Zaniyah's ears perked up again when she heard about the shine being over this way, she could not hid the excitement that shined in her eyes at the thought of seeing the bones of a dragon. She shifted on her feet side to side in small steps.  When she noticed Fyuni walk she took some steps to keep up this time watching where she put her feet down. As she did not want to fall again her face still her from her first meeting with it and she was not looking forward to another.

As she walked beside Fyuni , she noticed that Fyuni's eyes glittered like stars on the clean night skys. She must really love the nature here, of course after she thought she heard Fyuni tell her that those that lived her take very good care of the nature around here. She nodded her head in agreement when she hear Fyuni ask her if she thought the gardens were beautiful, she did not miss the wistfulness of when Fyuni comment how she wished that she could have something as nice as these gardens at her house.

Zaniyah's ears fell at that, she did not have a home. Well she did but she could not go back as her mother had told her that she was not welcome and that she had no daughter. Oh, well

Her mouth dropped open showing off her canine teeth, her eyes widen so much it look like they were going to pop out of her head. Standing in a struck by 'Oh my, this is totally breathtaking' and 'so cool' pose. She saw the dragon's remains what with one of its wing raised in a fashion that it created a canopy for the skull and the couple of ribs that were shown.  She could hear the water running down it but to the naked eye you had to look close to see it.

Zaniyah's  ears twitched as she heard Fyuni state that is was quite beautiful, that even in death that the dragon could still retain such beauty.  Zani by now was jumping up and down she suddenly yells, "IT IS SO STUNNING, AND TO THINK HOW OLD IT MUST BE!" After a few minutes of running about like the idiot that she was her hair by now had fallen out of its tie allowing her hair to fall to her mid-back.  

She ran back to Fyuni and hugged her saying thankyouthankyouthankyou over and over again for showing her the rest of the way.

Anonymous

While it was true that she had originally been from around Draconi forest, she now resided in Ketra. Luckily she was very fast at adapting...well...mostly adapting anyway. She was still very much a quick-to-anger Fae, with a sharp tongue, and an easily annoyed nature. However for some reason, Zani didn't annoy her all that much. That was a good sign. Granted, if she had been annoyed, she probably would have just run away from this person, disappeared in the blur of an eye. However something was calming her down here...

The Quickling smiled, having noticed that Zani was being very careful how she walked. It was obvious she didn't want to end up face-planting into the ground once more. It amused her, to see the...Zani. To see Zani acting so careful. The girl was at least a delight to watch. As long as she was amused, things would go over rather nicely.

She wasn't actually a very big lover of nature, despite her rather calm demeanour from this place. She would rather have a long flat grassland instead of trees everywhere.

Amazing how that worked out.

Fyuni was trying to spend a lot of time figuring out what Zani was. She seemed like a mutt of some sort, not in the bad way though. She just seemed like she was a large composition of things. Fyuni couldn't place her heritage, but she was sure that it was probably interesting to say the least. The canines spoke of some beastly nature in her, those sharp little teeth of hers were not human.

Her companion seemed to lose all inhibitions it appeared when she saw the dragon shrine. It was a shock to her system, causing Fyuni to jump, literally. Fyuni was instantly four feet away, almost faster than the eye could follow. It had been so tranquil and so peaceful but suddenly Zani was yelling. Despite having moved fast, it was apparent that Zani could be faster. She was suddenly hugging the Quickling, which surprised her quite a bit.

"It's uh...it's no problem really..." Fyuni bit her lip, nervous, surprised, and very unsure of what she should do. Awkwardly she put one arm around the girl, patting her on the back. "I'm just glad that you uh...that you liked it..." This was a new surprise of emotions really. She had no real idea what to do in this situation but...Fyuni would figure a way out.

"Um...I think I'll take one of those honey sticks now..."