Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blacksmith's assistant at your service...[open]

Started by Anonymous, June 23, 2009, 07:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Lynn bent to shovel out the soot from the fire pit before her boss would come back from his break. She wondered when, and if, she would get her break but she was not a she to her boss but a he and young so there would be more hard work to come as usual. It all started a time before when she woke up on the streets of the city in men's clothing not knowing who she was or where she was except for a letter in her pocket.

Lynn Oliver
Born the Twenty-First of June
17 years ago.
Sunny child I wish you well.

Then all hell broke loose when she accidently started a pub on fire because she was thirsty and could not pay for the drink she bought. Lucky for her the blacksmith said he could turn her around—actually Oliver around because that is what she said her name was—and she never was punished greatly.

She stood tugging her knitted cap to her head which disguised her brown curly locks from ever showing and wiped under her nose with the back of her hand. A line of soot covered her upper lip now like a thin mustache; she looked like a child trying to be like his father.

Lynn, or Oliver as she is known, started the fire again with a snap of her fingers. The fire roared to life and she smiled ignoring if anyone had come up behind her: she had always been entranced by fire.

((Hopefully this interests anyone....))

Anonymous

Revis walked through Cerenis in search for the local blacksmith. Had been meaning to get a few things fixed like his daggers. If they couldn't get fix, then maybe he would get a few new ones instead. Might even find a sword of some sorts or something else  that he might want or something.

He would have the money for it since he had a some very successful days in the art of moneymaking with sleight of hand. He had asked someone for directions, but the person musted of been drunk since he hadn't seen a blacksmith place yet.

He muttered a few curses under his breath. He then looked around and was delighted to finally see the blacksmith shop. Maybe the directions were that faulty after all. He walked into the shop and noticed only one person. Before he could get a good look at the person he heard a snap of fingers and heard a fire roar to life. He wondered what type of person this had to be to be able to do that. Hopefully not some sort a mage wannabe. Those could be just as bad as mages. Revis the cleared his throat and said," Excuse me I'm looking for the blacksmith." Revis' gray colored eyes then swept over the room giving it a look over.

Anonymous

Lynn heard a man behind her and spun around. Her eyes widened and she caught her breath; the blacksmith was still out.

"Hello," she said clearing her voice. She was terrible at trying to sound like a man so she blamed it on puberty. "My master is out but..." Her boss would kill her then that sexist pig would find out what she really was and then kill her again. She bit her lip. The man was going to leave; what if it was the opportunity to prove herself so that she could dress normal...but she hated dressing normal...women's clothing itched and rode up in odd places.

She took a deep breath and spoke: "But maybe I can help you out? I'm the assistant." That sounded idiotic.

She scratched her head through the cap, smeared more soot all over her face with another itch and smiled. She was terrible with people but she wanted to show that she could do anything...even if she was trying to prove herself to a sexist blacksmith who was stuck in a time that did not exist anymore.

Anonymous

"Pig, just stay.  I'll just get the pipe and be back in a bit.  I'll whistle if I need you okay."  Hachen said to his pig who was hiding in a hole under a bush.  "Remember last time you tried to enter this town, just stay."  Hachen got up and saw no body around so he set off into the city.  He put his hand in an outer pocket which now contained a broken wand, he dropped it off a building and it broke but he almost had the material to mend it, he just needed a few meters of iron pipe the width of the wand.  He found the blacksmithy easily enough and when he entered he saw the two people so he politely said, "Don't mind me, take your time." and he kindly stepped out for them to hash business, he knew some blacksmiths liked to be secretive about their dealings lately.  He just leaned against the building and watched the clouds roll by.

Anonymous

Revis raised an eyebrow at the person's voice. So this person was a young boy, he would have thought a woman, but he hadn't seen many women working in a blacksmith shop. Still that possible still meant the boy was most likely an apprentice. Aw, well beggers can't be chosers.

He didn't want to have to wait to long with having to get anything, but he would have to possibly by either seeing if the apprentice was skilled enough to do what he wanted done, or if he would have to wait for the blacksmith to return.

When the apprentice had said that he could possibly help Revis had started to say something before another person had walked in. Revis gave him a quick look over. He gave a nod to the person in thanks for letting them be and then turned back to the young apprentice. "Yes, I needing to get my daggers repaired. If they can't then maybe you would have some here of good quality for sell." Revis then grinned and thrust his hands forwards and four daggers appeared in each of his hands like magic. "Price is no problem for me."

Anonymous

Lynn smiled acknowledge the man who had just entered. She took the daggers. "I'll do what I can," she whispered turning around back to the fire. It would not take her long to fix them: all she had to do was heat the metal allowing the metal to meld back into place with a few good whacks and dip them quickly into the water to cool. She would sharpen the edge of the blade with the grinder and, voila, the daggers would be fixed.

She began her work over the fire slowly heating up one of the daggers. She watched the blade heat; the handle grew warm under her hand but quickly rid the heat with a quick whip of water under her hand. Water control was a wonderful thing even though she was better at fire. She moved quickly to the anvil making quick sharp whacks until the metal was perfect. She moved on to the grinder, pumping the peddle, and ground down the edge to the perfect sharpness.

She moved on methodically with the other three daggers with deep concentration. She was enjoying herself.

When she was finished she turned back to the man handing the daggers back wrapped in a red cloth for safety. "There you are sir. That will be...two gold pieces per dagger...so...eight gold pieces...I think," Lynn blabbered on. She took a moment to shift her knitted cap and as she did so a lock of brown hair slipped out and curled before her face. It dropped below her chin taunting her. In sudden panic, she tucked the curl back up in the cap. "Yes eight gold pieces."