Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Off to See Wizard! [Open! ^_^]

Started by Anonymous, August 05, 2009, 09:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She had a sword. The huddle of people crowded behind her. Whimpers did not go unnoticed to her uncovered ears. Fear radiated off of them into her back, almost as thick as the snow in the valley. Maybe it was from them. From the look in Yisa's eyes, maybe it was really from herself. The thug charged at her again. Yisa rolled to the side so that he didn't charge directly at the others. Thankfully it worked, though the steel of his blade bit hers with great fierceness. She dug her heel into the ground involuntarily. It was all she could do to keep from buckling under his force. He brought the sword down again, this time he did force her to the ground. He lifted it a third time. Somehow despite her fear, Yisa managed to evade it enough and slam her own sword to his head. It was just the blunt side, but the tip managed to nix his face. Pulling a foot back, she kicked him in his treasured spot as hard as he could. This time, the grip on his sword wavered completely and he sunk to his knees with his hands over his area. She stood up without much thought to his pain filled eyes and swung her sword as if it were a baseball bat at the back of his skull. Only the flat side was used, but it did its job of successfully knocking out the final bandit. There had been three of them total, as far as she knew.

Large clouds of breath came from her mouth as her lungs tried to keep up with her pounding heart. The slit she cut through the layers of her commoner's dress let her legs move more freely, but the cold would be biting at her soon. He sleeves had long since been rolled up to keep from hindering her swords path. Her boots were layered with fabric. She couldn't feel them good since the cold had long since numbed them. Yisa didn't dare move. Her sword was still held in both her hands. Another sword covered in an ordinary cloth was soundly secured on her back. Little did she realize, it was this the men were after. It was this she would guard with her life, until she found its rightful owner. It was this that her quest for excellence never ended.

Movement was seen in the corner of her eye. She waited until her breathing had returned to normal before fixing a smile upon the approaching man. The sight of her carefree smile did not put him at ease. "Why didn't you kill these offenders?"

Yisa's eyes slid open as her care free smile fell to confusion. She let the tip of her sword rest in the snowy ground. "Kill them? Why would I do that?"

The man fumed, his face turning beat red as he let out a tirade about hiring children for protection. It all rolled off of her like water on glass. Except for the important parts like his wife was sick with something only magic could cure. For this reason he chose to traverse the harsh conditions of Sionad Tundra to reach Hyoite, or maybe even a few camps before that. Yisa was coming along to help the cross without harm. Clearly, he was not happy with his decision. She never interrupted her in his tirade, no matter how outrageous his remarks would make some.

"Ah right..." She said as she looked elsewhere and nodded her head. Her blissful eyees turned back to the man. "And who are you again?" She paused when the man let out a growl to the sky. "You okay mister?"

"AM I Okay??! Are You OKAY?!?! This is the Seventieth time you've asked that supid question in the past week!!"

"Oh....so who are --?" He glowered at her. She waved away the question with a hand. "Alright, I can understand your need to protect your identity. As for the bandits, I wasn't hired to kill. I was hired to protect you." Confusion practically wafted off of her. It was plain to see in her opinion.  Yisa gestured to the fellow and his two comrades crumpled on the ground some distance away. "These people are no older than your oldest child." An easy smile came back to her face as she continued, "They might've had reasons to steal, but they had no intention to kill. You've no reason to fear, I've got everything under control."

"You don't know that that was their only reason!"

"I know that you are safe. That is knowledge enough." She slid her sword back into it's scabbard at her hip. "We should get moving. There's still have a lot of ground to cover." With that, she walked toward the other people huddled by their wagon letting the older man follow at his leisure. She was shocked to see that he stepped in front of her.

"No more! I'm not traveling with you anymore! My ulcer can't take it. We're close enough to make it on our own." Taking out a pouch of coins, he tossed it at her. Yi' caught it in one hand. "That's your pay. I hope to the gods you get your sanity back."

The man walked off, leaving Yisa with her money. Her bag was dumped off the carriage and they trotted off. Only a chestnut brown horse was left aside from it. "Goodbye! Hope she gets better! Take Care!!" She called after them in a wave. The carriage sped up. Yisa walked over to her pack and put away the coins. "That had to be the strangest farewell i've ever seen. Welp, no use stickin' around here." Settling the pack on her back, she headed off in a direction at a whim. The horse walked beside her. Absently she stroked the beautiful horse's back. Why they would leave such a nice animal behind was beyond her. She had a strange feeling that she's ridden her before. Yi' didn't know exactly where she was going, but her instinct told her this was the way.

Anonymous

There was a sound up ahead and a black mass went flying down the hill before Yisa, followed but, if it was possible, a dark mass that seemed to jump from shadow to shadow, reaching the bottom before the other body did.

Adriana appeared beside Yisa, a knife of pure darkness in her hand. She almost attacked Yisa with it but stopped at the last moment, dropping the knife and pushing the girl away from her just as pure magic, in the shape of an arrow, shot in between them. "Hell! When did they start using magic?!"

A boy appeared, similar looking to the girl, in a flash of light. "Because when trying to catch a Keeper, the most effective way is magic." He stated matter-of-factly, drawing his sword.

He glanced at the other girl and blinked, "Uhhh...Adri?"

"She was there. I saved her ass." She stood and her eyes turned completely black, hand moving up to point at the top of the hill. "Darkness above...make them fall below."
She smirked and moved in front of Yisa as more bodies seemed to fall down the hill. She wouldn't straight out say it but she'd protect the innocent girl till they were all gone.

Lukas slipped to the other side of the girl as the men picked themselves up and started to circle around them. He looked at the girl, taking in the two swords and the fact that there was also a horse. Great. "I'm sorry we got you into this...fight if you wish, if not we will protect you." He lifted his hand in a mock image of his sister and smirked slightly, eyes going white.
"Close your eyes little one." he told Yisa before muttering something under his breath. A flash of blinding light covered the area, making the Hunters stumble around. It was then that Lukas and Adriana attacked.

Anonymous

Yisa looked up at the sound produced ahead of her. Her eyes tried to catch what exactly it was, but it was moving fast, as if jumping from one shaded spot to the next. She let go of the reins to her horse and walked forward some more with interest. She didn't notice the horse making a low sound of protest before gripping rein in her teeth and following a safe distance away.

Suddenly, Yisa came to a stop. Her eyes went wide as a person there with a blade formed from the mass and  started charging at her. "Oh," Yisa blinked before giving a smile, "Well Hello the-!!" She was shoved back just as an arrow flew between them. Her eyes went to the horse which narrowly also missed the attack. "Talk about a strange meeting," she called out to the horse who gave another low whey of agreement before walking towards the blond and the black haired teens. Yisa turned her head back toward the black haired girl when yet another teen pooped into existence. "Ack!!" Yisa stepped back in surprise. Quickly her expression settled. "Can you do that again?" She asked in interest.

There wasn't much time for an answer as the battle was soon upon them. Without realizing it, Yisa drew the sword at her hip. The attacks seemed to be focused on the other two teens, but Yisa was close enough that a few of the attacks came her way. She deflected things with her sword and made good attacks to keep others away. Her main focus came to be in protection of her horse who stuck close to Yisa, delivering precise kicks to anyone who came too close to her. A wave of magic arrows came their way. Yisa outstretched her hand and forced them away. This sent even a few of the attackers back a few feet. Yisa's moves were without thought, it all being solely based on instinct. She felt the connection with her sword on her back. Thanks to it's powers and the Covenant between them, she and those she protected would find it very hard to get injured.

Anonymous

Adri smirked slightly as she fought, aiming to disable, not to kill. She only killed when they got back up and came after her again. Then she had no mercy for them. Slowly but surely her brother and herself and the strange little girl got rid of the attackers. Most of them ran. Finally some intelligent ones. she commented silently to her brother.

Yeah no kidding. He grinned slightly and started to heal a wound on his sister's shoulder. She was always reckless and got in trouble a lot, not thinking of what will happen to her. Lukas turned to the other girl and smiled kindly, "Are you okay little one?"

Anonymous

Most of the things rushing towards them were taken care of at a distance. Mostly due to the fact they turned tail. The others who had came towards her she dealt with in a fashion just as strange as she was. After the arrows had been deflected, Yisa ran towards two heading in her direction, pulling her sword at her hip out for good measure. She never seemed to outwardly attack her opponents, but to graciously fall over them. Her was of fighting was a classy kind of clumsy, making it hard to tell if luck was on her side or if she was just that good. She didn't stray far from the odd pair who'd appeared from no where, but it seemed as though she could hold her own.

Yisa turned towards the male of the pair, stopping in the middle of dealing with one last attacker. She swung her sword on to her shoulder. "Huh?" There was a sudden movement in her sword as it went forward a few inches. Confusion in her eyes, Yisa turned to find out what was going on, and why there was weight on her sword. Behind her stood the horse somehow who was lowering her rear leg. A groan came from her shoulder as she noticed the attacker had ran into her blade. She wasn't the one to see the chestnut mare kick him toward the blade. Casually as ever, she moved the sword from her shoulder so that the being could lay on the ground.

" Me?" She said as if recalling the boy's question. Without a thought, she stepped near his wound and tugged out the blade. Ignoring the yell from the person, she turned towards the pair who had fought beside her. An innocent smile showed brightly on her face. "I'm just dandy! How 'bout yourself?"

Anonymous

((I hope you don't mind me dropping in... ^_^))

A clash of steel up ahead made the hellhound raise his head from where he'd been snuffling at the snow. Shaking his fur, an act which in itself almost caused a blizzard, he picked his way towards the fray. Being large was an advantage most of the time, but in winter it could be a pain. As he reached the area where the snow had been trampled flat, his form seemed to blur, and a large, dark-haired man stepped into a space behind the crowd, watching the battle silently. Fighting was... interesting. Fighting meant that there could be danger. It was his job to protect people from danger.

After the argument that followed between the swordswoman and her apparent employer, Gabriel followed her at a distance, regretting that his hellhound form would be too conspicuous to use. The 'hound part of him also regretted that the swordswoman probably wouldn't take too kindly to him taking a bite out of that horse... No. Bad dog. Bad. Horses were not for food... okay, maybe wild horses... sometimes...

He jumped as a bolt of magic flew past his nose. He growled a little, reverting out of habit to his 'hound shape. A black shape shoved the swordswoman out of the bolt's way--no, not a shape; it was a girl. A boy appeared right next to her. They began speaking, but were cut off by a wave of attackers.

Finally. Something Gabriel knew how to deal with. Snarling, he bounded towards the (new) battle, putting his size to good use as he leapt on one of the opponents, and grabbed another in his jaws, shaking it like a normal-sized dog would a rat. As quickly as it had begun, though, the battle ended, leaving Gabriel feeling rather awkward. He sat back on his haunches, dropping the thing in his mouth.

Um. What now? he thought desperately.

Anonymous

((YAY! ^_^ It's just fine and dandy! As Mist17 isn't an active user, I'll just work around it as best as i can.))

She listened to the other teens responses with half an ear. The rest of her hearing was on the chestnut mare who was looking off at the same point. Something about the steads breathing told her she was watching something, but not frightened by it. One to always trust her instincts, Yisa looked at the mare, then followed her gaze. Behind the teens was the largest hound she'd ever seen. It stood larger than the horse that seemed so familiar to her. There were fallen foes all around it. Apparently he also aided in the dispatch.  

Without fear, Yisa stepped closer to him. She bypassed the siblings and looked at him. A smile toothless smile began to spread on her face as she came to a stop a safe distance away from him. The way he sat looked as if he was waiting to see what else there was to do. Yisa opened her mouth to talk, but a strange feeling came over her instead. Protect... the word slithered across her thoughts in a strange manner. "The People!"

Her eyes blinked at her rather odd introduction. Closing her eyes, Yisa gave a sheepish smile while scratching the back of her head. "Talk about a day of strange things," she said to herself.

A sudden change came over her. Her head turned to the two fighters with serious a blazing sense of duty. "I have to return to my charges. Until the next time we meet." The mare had stepped be beside her. With ease, Yisa took boosted herself onto the back of the horse. With that, the horse and she took off in the snow, heading back in a new direction entirely. She didn't question it, but put her trust in where the horse lead her. After away from the main area of the battle, the horse slowed to a trot, then to a gentle walk. Her ears swirled toward any strange sound that approached. Yisa, for the most part, remain blissfully ignorant of of the silent threats the snowy area presented. She was mighty thankful for the warmth the beautiful horse provided her though. She wasn't sure how it happened, but that would be the last time she let her skirt get cut again.

((Feel free to have him follow! ^o^))