Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

.:*Dancing Waves*:. {Dris}

Started by Anonymous, August 07, 2009, 04:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The cool breeze from the ocean danced across the beach, chasing away the heat of the day.  The sands of the beach sparkled dully in the light of the setting sun as did the waters of the ocean itself.  Even with the busy port of Cerenis so close to it, with ships coming and going at all times of the day and night, it was still a peaceful place to be, and people could be found walking up and down with lovers or family in hand.

Isis stood on a rock some ways away from the port proper.  Long locks of raven hair whipped in the gentle breeze, tickling at the skin of her bare back, as cerulean eyes looked out upon the fiery waters.  Her skin and the long scars on her back, which usually seemed to be so pale, shone with a golden light, giving her the appearance of having a bit more life in her than most said she did.  The white skirt and chest piece that she wore took on the same appearance as her skin, showing gold instead of white.

It had been her original intention to come out to the beach for some peaceful practice of her favorite art of all, dancing, but the natural beauty that surrounded her at that moment had distracted her.  She had a great respect for nature, seeing as much of her magical prowess dealt with it in the first place, and she would often take time out of her day simply to admire it.

A soft smile, so rare for her these days, spread across her lips, and she took in a deep breath, tasting the salt on the air.  With so much going on in the world those days, it was a nice change of pace to find something that seemed so pure and untouched.  It nearly brought her to tears.

Stretching her arms above her head, she finally began to do what she had set out to do to begin with.  Isis hummed to no one in particular, clearing her head of all thoughts except the dance that she was to be practicing.  The humming itself was a song that went along with the dance, slow and deliberate with a sensual touch to it.  It went perfectly with the smooth twists of her hips and wave of her arms.

And at the moment, she didn't really care who watched her.  She was too far gone in her own world...

Anonymous

The bright, almost white sun had finally reached its highest point, its peak at midday. Gray, wispy clouds spotted the sky, as if there were holes in heaven itself. A refreshing light breeze washed over the land close to the city of Cerenis ruffling tree branches and cooling off the city and a small group of men and woman that just entered Cerenis, the wind knocked a leaf from its perch at the highest point on top of an olden oak. It sauntered vaguely downwards as the wind pushed it in unexpected ways. It fell toward the small group of mageknights and knights as one man raised his hand and the lone leaf fluttered into his hand. This one man was probably the most important man in the enire city and in his own group. He was the Regent of Serendipity.

Drauis Hethryn, the Regent, sighed as he walked along with his small group of mageknights, and knights. It was quite refreshing to have finally escape the Serendipity castle, but with all the men and woman around him, trying to . . . protect him, Drauis guessed, he was being smothered. As soon as they reached their destination, Dris slipped away, heading toward the beach. It was after he past the port when he finally heaved a breath of relief. He walked for a bit before stopping and turned to look at the gleaming, indigo sea. It was far more beautiful then he had thought when he had last seen it. Snatching a deck of cards out of thin air, that was after all, his second profession, and began springing them back and forth from hand to hand. But soon he grew tired and put the cards and away and decided to lay down and relax. Almost without him knowing, he fell asleep.

Dris awoke to a dream that he wanted to stay in. It was but a dream though. Drauis sighed and sat up. It was not every day that you dreamt about a beautiful young woman dancing in the sand. Staring into the blue-green sea once again, he glanced up at the sun and was not at all suprised that it had moved quite a bit. He could estimate that about an hour had past. The regent sighed and decided to begin heading back when he noticed it. Someone was humming the same song that he had when he had been a child. Following the melody, he found a woman.

That was not what caused his eyes to widen and his jaws to drop slightly, which he closed hastily. The woman who was humming and dancing was the same one that had been in his dreams!

Anonymous

All sense that she had of the outer world faded as her body twisted and twirled in time to the music that she hummed out loud.  She paid little, if any attention, to the sensations that she felt in her mind, something that she would usually use to keep an eye out for herself even if she wasn't physically looking around her.  It was a situation that she knew she might later regret if she were to be attack, but she would take her chances.

She simply wanted to enjoy the feel of her muscles stretching and her limbs reaching out.  It was a way that she communed with the natural world around her, and indeed, if some were to look at her at that moment and out at the waves of the ocean, it would almost seem as if they were one.  It would seem as if the pull of the moon were affecting her body as well.

With a final sweep of her arms, Isis, slide her knees and off the rock she had been dancing upon.  her back arched, and she reached back behind her with her arms, stretching herself over her feet to touch the sand.  There weren't many people who were flexible enough perform such a move, but she prided herself in being one of the top dancers in the land.

At least that was how she viewed it even if others didn't.

A content smile came to her face, and she finally opened her eyes back to the world around her.  The sun was setting, and night was coming quickly.  The thought crossed her mind that maybe she should be heading back to the main part of town and to her lodgings, but she quickly dismissed it.

Her cerulean eyes, reflecting the last of the setting sun, scanned the beach about her as she sat back up, and settled on the man who stood looking at her with quite an astonished look on his face.  She cocked her head to the side, frowning a bit.  How long had he been there watching her?

Isis rose to her feet.

"Hello," she called out, keeping a safe distance from him," How long have you been there, sir?  I haven't really been paying attention to my surroundings very much and didn't notice you there!"

Anonymous

It was quite something, it was full of life, full of beauty and elegance. It was something that Drauis had not seen in a dance in his lifetime. It was . . . unique, powerful. He was so entranced by the young woman dancing the dance he forgot to stop staring and looking like a mentally retarded . . . idiot. He quickly blinked his eyes a few times and tried to look away. But he couldn't, the dance and the woman herself were mesmerizing. It was like natural magic. He had an urge to just forget about everything. He had never felt this way before.

It was after the beautiful woman had stopped dancing when he was finally able to move his gaze. When he finally looked back, the woman was staring back at him, a gaze of curiousity on her face. Dris blinked repeatedly before finally decided that everything that had happened had passed and only what he said now could change anything. Thinking quickly, he took a few steps foward.

"Sorry for watching without your permission, your dance was very beautiful," Dris called out. "I have probably been watching since . . . actually, I don't know, for a while I guess." Drauis paused, this was not sounding well, he had to fix this so he could talk to this woman normally. "My name is Drauis Hethryn, the Regent of Serendipity, this was a place I used to come to as a child, I was quite suprised to see you here!" Dris looked up into the heavens. "This was my retreat from everything."

Drauis looked down and smiled. "That melody was one that I used to hum as well, where did you hear it?"

Anonymous

The raven haired dancer backed away a few steps, her eyes narrowing a bit.  It wasn't that she was unwilling to talk to him, but she had a certain amount of distrust for any new person that walked up to her.  She was simply being careful and watching out for herself.

"It's quite alright," she replied, looking him over," I don't mind if someone watches my dance.  I was simply surprised that someone was out here at this time of day."

She could feel the nervous energy coming off of him, and it made her smile a bit.  The Regent of Serendipity was nervous about talking to her?  It didn't make much sense to her, considering she was a nobody, but she was still flattered.

"I'm glad you liked it so much though," she continued, walking towards him at a smooth and graceful pace," I come here a lot to practice and get some alone time.  Though I love this town as my home and don't mind entertaining people in the square, crowds do tend to make me nervous.  Coming here gives me the chance to relax."

She turned and looked over the shimmering waters, smiling.

"But I can not tell you where I first heard that song," said Isis, her tone becoming tinted with sadness," In fact, I would not be able to tell you anything of myself before five years ago."

Anonymous

(OOC: Is it all right of we create a past for her a bit here? If it isn't I will change the end. PM me if I need to.)

Damn, it was embarrassing. Embarrassing to get caught watching someone do something extraordinary EVEN with their permisson, it was embarrassing. Drauis took a deep breath and let it out. This seemed to happen to him a lot. He always found himself in difficult positions. No matter where he was, in Serendipity castle, in Arca, anywhere. It was just unlucky wasn't he? Dris let out another sigh as he thought up a reply to the dancer's past.

"You don't remember anything at all before five years ago?" Drauis asked, a bit suprised. "That is . . . sad, I am sorry for your . . . loss."

Drauis was a bit embarrassed again, he couldn't think of ANYTHING better to say that it was said and that he was sorry for her loss? That didn't even fit well! Mentally kicking himself he sighed again and finally looked in the beautiful woman's eyes. "It seems that in the confusion, I have forgotten to ask for you name, Miss . . . ?" He paused. "What is even more strange, the sound . . . a friend of my and I created it, her name was . . . Isis."

Anonymous

(OOC: Create a bit of a past for her?  Why not?  I was trying to think of a way to expand the character anyway.)

Isis froze where she was, her cerulean eyes widening till it seemed as if you could see into them forever.  Did this man before her know her from her past?  How was that possible?  She hadn't come into Serendipity till five years ago, the time that she last remembered!

She shook her head, back away from him for a moment.  A man named Malious, whom she had met in a recent trip to find some information on her past, had told her that it was possible there was a reason she didn't remember the first fifteen years of her life.  He had said that she might not want to know what had happened to her.

After first meeting the most enigmatic man, Isis had begun to consider his words, though she was too proud to admit it to him.  Maybe he was right.  Her past might be so horrible that it would twist her mind and make her something that she was never really meant to be.  Or maybe...

The raven haired dancer shook her head again, now more nervous than if she were dancing for all the royalty of her country.  Again she stepped back, trying to speak but stuttering.

"I....I..." she stuttered, finally taking a deep breath to calm herself," My name is...Isis Veil Illia."

Anonymous

Shock. His world was falling. Or was it that his mind was in shock. It felt as if his head was being split apart and momories, momories of his past that he had forgotten over time came back to him. It did not hurt physically, but the pain of forgetting about such things pained him from the inside. It was, possibly, hurting his heart. Everything came together when she said her name. Everything finally clicked into place, every memory in its rightful place, every name, every place, every song.

"I . . . sis?" Dris whispered, his eyes widening as he stumbled backwords. " . . . Veil . . . Illia?"

He fell onto his knees. This couldn't be happening. How could this have happened? Drauis was remembering. Isis Veil Illia . . . had been his childhood friend, probably the only one he had, his best friend, when he was small. But she had moved, it had broken his heart to watch her go. He remembered when she had told him, how he had started crying. Everything was so sharp now, everything was . . . there, in place. His mind felt like it had to keep repeating that. He had slowly stood now. His eyes watching Isis closely, as if he could see into her soul with only his eyes.

He stood there watching for what felt like years, knowing naught a minute had passed. His mind was in turmoil, but one thing had stood clearly out among the rest. He walked slowly foward, and hugged Isis Veil Illia.

Anonymous

At first, Isis didn't know quite what to say.

She had no memory of the man before her.  To her current knowledge, she had never seen him before that very day, and it was a bit disturbing to hear that he was someone she had known in her past.  It had been she who had been looking for connections to her lost memories.  Never in a million years would she have expected them to find her.

Isis watched as Drauis fell to his knees, and she wondered exactly what was going on in his mind.  It wasn't in her practice to go into a person's mind unless they were desperate need of her help and powers, but for the first time in her life, she really wanted to know the exact thoughts crossing his mind.  The shock on his face made a lot clear to her, however, and she reframed from doing so.

The raven haired dancer stiffened as Serendipity's Regent hugged her.  It was a strange sensation to her, to have someone's arms around her.  Physical contact with people was something she didn't usually indulge in, especially since the psychic connection between her and others became stronger with skin to skin contact.  The wave of emotions that washed over her from him was nearly overwhelming, and she gasped.

"You know me?" she whispered, trying to catch her breath as the wave of emotions had hit her full force," You know where I hail from?"

She reached her arms around and hugged him back.  It was the only she could, not knowing when he was going to let her go, but indeed she as grateful for this little miracle.  Drauis was someone who could aid her.

Anonymous

It was a dream come true. His best friend who had moved away and completely disappeared from his life was back! It was truly a miracle. He never wanted to let her go in the first place . . . who would? Their best friend! Who would let them go willingly without any sadness? But now . . . he didn't want to let go at all, he wanted to hold her for the rest of the day, the rest of his life; never letting her go. But that would just make him selfish wouldn't it?

It surprised him when she wrapped HER arms around him. Drauis was a bit surprised, but not anything he couldn't handle. To meet his best friend that he hadn't seen for over ten years where they had first met in the first place and became friends. How ironic. It was actually kind of nice. But there was a nagging feeling in his head, what had happened to her memories? Why could she not remember him? Or anything before five years ago?

He let go slightly and took a step back. He knew of her abilities and he also knew it strengthened with contact. He had discovered that in a kind of harsh way a long time ago when he shook her hand and she shrunk away and kicked him. He smiled slightly at the memory. Dris could not believe that she had forgotten all these memories!

"Ah, sorry, I forgot about you . . . powers." Drauis sighed. "And yes, I do know you, I knew you for maybe six or seven  years before you moved away from here. We were friends since . . . I was only four! Ah, those were the days . . ." He paused and gathered his thoughts. "You were my best and only friend that I had, we were almost always together to play, talking about our parents or stuff like that, I was heartbroken when you left, I was afraid I would never see you again!"

Dris couldn't help it. He reached forward again and hugged Isis again, disregarding her abilities again; he would apologize later. This time he hugged her firmly, but not tightly. I single drop of water hit the sand. And this time, he had begun to cry. But not of sadness, but of happiness.