Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Midnight ..... Possibly M....

Started by Anonymous, June 22, 2009, 04:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The young fledgling's scales where as black as night, yet they had a beautiful rainbow hue to them in sunlight that was shining down on his muscular body. His dark blue eyes where wide with pain and terror, his right wing had been broken in during his capture. Silent hot tears ran down the sides bony cheeks, his mouth was muzzled shut with by chains, but small muffled sobs could be felt resonating deep within his throat.

By the size that he was which was not much bigger than a work horse accept he was much lower to the ground he couldn't be more than twenty. From all fours from his broad powerful shoulders where was a mere five feet. He would grow a lot bigger when he was older of course, perhaps as big as big as small house, right now he was still just small toddler in dragon years... maturing at the two hundred. This dragon's scales where still soft and would not begin to harden until another hundred years, and another fifty after that he would begin to develop small horns around his head and other bristles around his body as he began to grow in size and finally when he was mature he would be able to spit fire... this was a long long way off yet.

The dragon looked up at the captors fearfully his body trembling, the Market was busy, but no one seemed to want a dragon with a broken wing, four big men towered over him frowning, one began sharpening a spear.

"We can't feed it," one reasoned.
"No," agreed another somberly,
"He, won't survive in the wild with that wing, he'll just starve..." sighed the third, as the fourth stepped over the dragon neck and raised the tip of the spear above the back of its skull, preparing to give the dragon a painless death...........

The young dragon lay helpless his shimmering black body chained the ground his long whip like weighed down unable to move move... he closed his tear filled eyes resigned to his fate..... death by cold steal.....

----------------------------
OOC

Looking for a dragon rider Or a sorceress Or Elf Or Witch Or Shifter

Or even a human, but keep in mind, they better be able to handle a very distressed dragon that is lively to bite anyone that comes near him wether their intentions are good or not.

Which ever character you bring in, they will need to be able to keep a tight grip and watchful eye on him because he will be a handful.

Anonymous

Cathy hummed a tune as she paid the merchant and put the apple she had just bought in her basket, wishing her mother hadn't decided that since she was 16 and nearing adulthood she had to learn responsiblity. Apparantly, her mother thought she had her head in clouds to much and spent so much time day dreaming that she was afraid she couldn't do anything for her self. Which so wasn't true. And her mother was wrong about her short-attention span, she didn't have a short-attention span, she just paid attention when things interested her. And just because her wings still sometimes got caught into tree branches, which stoped for most fairies about 8, didn't mean anything ethier. It wasn't her fault that the flowers outside thier cottages were so beautiful it made her want to look at them instead of other certain things....like trees with very long branches. She sighed and walked on, going to her next stop; fish.

This was about the most boring job ever, no wonder her mother complained about it all the time. It was quite easy, and she guessed she should be happy that her mother had given her such and easy task, but it was so boring and mudane it made Cathy feel tired even though there was very little actual work involved. She idly started humming a tune, trying to keep herself awake and make this at least a little fun. She watched as she passed market booths, not wanting to miss the fish booth. She stopped and gasped as something caught her eye. Her eyes widened...it was a dragon; a very young dragon with four men, with one with a spear...aimed at the dragon's skull.

"No!" Cathy screamed and closed her eyes in fear. She couldn't fly to save the poor thing; fairy wings could only go so fast and she wasn't excatly the strongest fairy ethier and wouldn't be able to fight the man of off him. "Don't kill him!" It was just a baby! It looked so young...so young, how could anyone kill someone so young? She whimpered as she closed her eyes harder, waiting for the cruel deed to be done.

[Hehe, sorry if that's not what you wanted...Cathy was dying to save the poor thing. :P]

Anonymous

The shrill scream spooked the terrified spook the young fledgling and he twisted sharply and made a loud whimper of pain. The men cursed and struggled to keep him still. The man holding the spear scowled, and glared at the fairy, "You going to put it in your room little girl?" he asked, but he didn't wait for her to answer, "GO ON GET YAH LITTLE TRAMP! You could have killed somebody! this a dragon! NOT A PONY!" He scolded.  

Midnight's blue eyes were in terror, he flinched feeling something at his flank and reacted violently, by maliciously through his weight into the object... which turned out to be one of the men's leg. A loud sickening 'pop' range out.... that loud distinct sound of the breaking of bone and cartilage. The man fell screaming in agony, holding his crooked leg that had been crushed under the dragon's weight!

The man of the spear turned, "Gall! Some one get a dam doctor!" he ordered

---------------------------------------------

OOC  Um... lets see, I don't she's going to be able to handle him.... and if she lets him out the chains the dragon is lively to kill someone... he really scared and will bite. ( which would probably be the end of Kathy )

Maybe if you brought in another character... some one who actually can help the dragon and keep him in contral?

Anonymous

«I am a doctor.» a voice eccoed from the entrance to their stand. But instead of treating the wounded man he inspected the dragon. The man who stood there, His cape as black as the night exept for the grey coloured symbol of a skull grasping a ball of fire.

The smell of a more matured black dragon reached its nose and from the looks of this mans red majestic yet hungry eyes. There would be no escape. «It's nothing major, just a broken wing. But then again damaged property hardly goes for full price.»

Switching his gaze down to the only armed man in the group «In your chase considering the mental state of the object in question as well as dragon type.» his mouth widened into a grin, exposing a set of daggerlike teeth along with eyes so deep and insatiable that it was impossible not to look into them, Burning his image into this mans brain and retina while his left hand magically healed his partner.  

"With consideration to your courage I'd pay you 350 gold for it. Then subtracting that sum with your comrade's health and the fee for my skills." The grin widened and the air around them intensified. Makeing it hard to breathe for the human.

«Zero gold.» The voice was now clawing itself into his very ears. Yelling for him to accept the deal.

Anonymous

«I am a doctor.»

The man with the spear turned, his the expression of relief quickly faded from his face and he stepped back, his fingers tightened around the spear pole uneasily.

«In your chase considering the mental state of the object in question as well as dragon type.»

The trapper swallowed hard, seeing the stranger's daggerlike teeth.

--With consideration to your courage I'd pay you 350 gold for it. Then subtracting that sum with your comrade's health and the fee for my skills.» The grin widened and the air around them intensified. Makeing it hard to breathe for the human. --

«Zero gold.»

The man nodded dumbly... he didn't know why but for some reason he felt like he was going to cry and wet himself at the same. "Th-th-thank you for all your help," he squeaked. He glanced over his shoulder but his friends had already fled, dragging their wounded comrade behind them. The trapper gulped again and looked back toward the doctor and smiled weakly, "We I am glad it, it has a, a good home...  eh Doctor," he paused and then finally darted off.

Midnight lay quivering and chained to the ground, he was not used to the noises of the city. At the moment he was muzzled, his claws had been also been filed to down to dull nubs, as for his long whip like tail it was weighted so that he couldn't lift it to strike anyone.

His blue eyes rolled upward his attention at the moment at the stranger that was standing over him. Midnight hissed at first and tried to wriggle loose, but it was no use and finally he settled down, his nostril's flared wide working up a dust cloud with each panicked breath.

Anonymous

Hachen was walking with people staring at him as he talked to his pig which made him face away from the dragon, when the guard pushed the fairy away she was pushed into him but he was able to stay on his feet.  "Hi."  He said helping her right herself.  

When he looked up the doctor made his appearance, but nothing much in Serendipity suprised him anymore.  When the men fled he noticed the pinned dragon trying to escape but to no avail.  When the dragon calmed down Hachen took out his wand and pointed it to each of the chains, the muzzle, and he even moved around to point it at the weighted tail.  

Then all at the same time the chains broke, like someone cut the metal, the muzzle was sawed off and the weights were broken and fell to the ground releasing his tail.  Hachen smiled at the handy work of his wand then looked up to the dragon.  "Are you okay... mentally that is, the doctor seems to have you handled physically."  Hachens pig watched the scene unfold sitting by the fairy's feet.

Anonymous

Cathy winched and toke a step back as she was yelled at. She had no earthly idea what a 'tramp' was; she remembered when a dog got in her neighbor's garden had called the dog a tramp. Cathy's eyes raised in confusion. "Why would you call me a dog?" It was probabaly some insult, but she rather liked dogs and had no clue why being called one would be an insult; dogs were always such sweet, lovable animals. In fact, she assumed baby dragons to be no different. She had never met a dragon up close before, but she knew that adult dragons were very dangerours indeed. But, this little thing was just a baby...surely it could be raised to be good, sweet, and loyal like a cute, little puppy. And he was such a cute little guy...all injuries considered.

"But he's just a baby-" Cathy started to protest untill she heard a new voice. She gasped in shock as she saw the dragon crushing the man's leg. She winched and closed her eyes. Ok...true, that WAS a strong little guy; WAY stronger than a puppy. She looked up and saw a man wearing a cape with a skull on it. She wondered why a doctor would wear a cape with a skull on it...she wasn't sure if she'd trust a doctor who wore things with skulls on it. His cape reminded her of the the stories her mother used to tell her when she was very young; the bad witches and wizards always wore a black cape with some sort of symbol on it to symbolizes death, like a skull. Before she could really think of this, she was pushed into someone by one of the guards.

"Hey!" she said, angerliy and then she turned to the person she had been pushed into, "I'm Cathy," she said and her eyes slightly brightned up when she saw a cute little piggy. Now, if only the poor little dragon were that size, then it'd be easier to help him. "Awww..." she cooed, petting the pig, "What's your name, little guy? If only that poor little dragon were your size.."

Anonymous

Watching gleefully as the men ran away atleast they got to use all the potential those legs had to offer. Glad he wasnt human his concern shifted towards his remaining company, a fairy, a pig and another human seemingly not frightened at all by his apperance nor by hatchling.

Amused he watched the kid point some piece of wood at the chains, the mussle and the weights on his newfound pets tail but he never deviated the gaze far away from the dragon.

Letting all that murderous pressure focus that way so the dragon would stay put for awhile longer.«Does your magical energies increase by focusing it within a piece of wood? Have you ever tested other materials?»

With a steadily increasing smile into something humanly impossible whith a self content laugther escaping his throat. «Do you want me to heal your broken wing and feed you?»

Listening to Cathy talk sent his mind spinning down the right tracks. Maybe he should invite her to follow along. She had such wonderful ideas.

Presenting a dark leathery boot right in front of Midnights dangerous jaws. «My,my how dirty. Lick it clean and call me master while asking politely like a good dog.» He sadisticly laughed on.

«Even the little fairy wants to pet and cuddle you.»

Anonymous

"It doesn't amplify my magic a bit, in fact I don't even use my magic.  Spells are inscribed on the inside and it has its own magic which I use to keep myself from losing stamina or little tasks that could be quickly fixed."  

Hachen put the wand in his pocket and turned to Cathy, "He responds if you say pig."  Pig's ears perked a little but they went down a bit when a large boot cast a shadow over him.

Hachen didn't like what he heard about the boot.  Before Midnight could respond he stepped in and said, "You're a doctor, whatever is wrong with your tongue you can fix to lick your own dang boot."  He looked up at the dragon with a defiant smirk.

Anonymous

The doctor looked at hatchen, leaving the boot for Midnight to do as he pleased, lick or bite it mattered little. The dragon wouldnt leave here without being bound to his every whim anyhow. Darkness wellowed up inside him and he presented himself to the two plebians. A small bow for the fairy that could give him funny ideas and the glair of death onto the nuisance bringing pets and playing defiant.

«Doctor Kaelstraze Exander Blackwing at your service. For now call me Kael, Titles come later when you are done humouring me. After that it varies from Master to Supreme Lord of the skies.» His hand emblazeing the words as if anyone actually spoke of him so highly.

Speaking to the fairy first he smiled a dragons smile of tooth and fangs. «I must say i like your style fairy and would welcome such a brilliant innocent mind to the fold. The price is servitude and my demands are few. The food is free and you even get a pet dragon.» Pointing his finger at Midnight while gleefully placeing his boot closer to its fangs.

As for you Insect, his voice grew darker as the finger moved to Hachen leaving no room as to who he meant. «I see why you hang around a pig, to me and most of my kind your similarities are striking. You are just as much a buffet to me as that pig is to any hungry man in this city. Listen well.»

There was a loong lasting dragongrowl in the background now as the doctor became slightly bigger, his back sprouting wings and his neck growing thin. The face elongated out and the skin became black as the blackest night, sprouting claws, muscle and malice.

«I am the expensive kind of doctor. Unless you change my gender and give me the much needed maternal instincts i lack, there will be a price for saveing his life and useing some of my precious mana to fix his wing. That price is servitude. To offer up part of his long future life in serving me. If he does not. I will pluck the chicken of his valuable scales and eat the rest.»

«So little flea, do you wish to pay the price for the wounded wing?»

<<OOC: i would welcome a gender change but by all means if you cant then theres always ways  out of these situation that are not as obvious. Suprise good ol Ric HAHAH ;) >>

Anonymous

Hachen watched amazed that the dragon thought he could make himself seem threatening just by making himself larger.  "You think I'm at the same level as pig?  Well usually people place me lower than my pig, or any pig for that matter, which by the way is quite a noble creature.  Anyway, I must say thank you for placimg me higher than others of my own species."  Hachen let Kaelstraze continue and when he asked if he'd like to pay Hachen smiled, "Well my name is Hachen Raine.  Now why would you want something of your own species to be your slave.  Wouldn't you want someone with powers you don't have to serve you.  That way you seem more powerful to other dragon, which you seem like the type of dragon to show off.  So, what would a powerful dragon like you want the power to do that would be of equal value to the freedom of that dragon?"  Hachen asked sly smile on his face.

Anonymous

Cathy frowned as she watched the doctor, who she wasn't even sure was a doctor, laughed at the dragon and put a boot next to the little thing's jaw. "Stay away from him!" she said, taking a step foreword, a bit afraid the doctor was going to hit him with the boot and she hated people talking to animals as if they were second class. Animals had feelings just like people did, she knew this for a fact.

She frowned and turned to Hachen, "I don't trust this guy," she said quietly, so hopefully the doctor wouldn't hear, "Do you? I don't think he's even a doctor." She had to giggle a bit as the pig responded to the word, but frowned as the doctor bowed to her, which made her wince away. Even bowing and acting polite, this guy seemed creepy. And his name sounded like some evil villian from the stories who would lock the princess high in a tower and force her to do his biddings.

Cathy jumped back a little as the creepy doctor talked to her. Demands? Servitude? She wondered if he had a very tall tower where she would stay, waiting for a prince to come save her. "Servitude?" Cathy asked, not liking the sound of this, "I thought you were a doctor..." she backed away a bit; the doctor's smile creeping her out, "I don't have any medical experiance."

She turned and looked back at the poor, weak little dragon. What would become of him, she wondered. Maybe someone else could help him...not this guy, of course. She didn't trust him with the poor little creature. She knew the poor little thing could die...but she didn't trust this man and didn't want to work with him. He would probably force her into the highest tower where she wouldn't be allowed to leave.

Anonymous

While waiting for his answer Hachen leaned over to Cathy and whispered, "I find it hard to trust him too, but you can trust me.  I'll get you and the dragon out of this mess."  He thought somehow as an after thought as he looked up at Kaelstraze.

Pig meanwhile stayed by Cathy but his attention was turned elsewhere, he didn't want himself or Hachen caught off guard by something from the slowly accumulating audience.

Anonymous

"Why i want him to serve me? Because newly shed baby dragon scales carry the same potency as female black dragon scales. And I want scales with that kind of potency." Kael thought a little, just to get the right words before transforming back into his human shape. "Trust is earned Cathy. If I demanded trust of my subjects then servants wouldn't be able to serve before growing past the expiration date." Opening up the bag he had brought with him, pulling out a jar of green goo, binding the dragon hatchling to it. Literally bathing the wing in it before cracking the entire thing back where it should be.

NO doubt the dragon would feel pain and become violent but the slime solidified, preventing him from moving anything but its head. "I told you that I am a doctor, so I don't need anyone medically experienced. We would end up arguing and id eat you alive. You could become my apprentice, should you so desire. But what I really need of you is company."

"If someone needs help and I have the skills to aid them then I will help. But my price is high. As I told you before Hatchen. Make me female and I promise you that the hatchling will live and be released when it can fend for itself."

Anonymous

Hachen thought for a moment, make him a female, is that even possible?  "Do you know of anything which can turn yourself into a female.  You seem so eager to change gender that you might have researched into this, information would be helpful."  Hachen said still combing his mind thinking of anywhere that the power might be.

Anonymous

Cathy's eyes widened a bit at his words. Did he hear her? She shurnk back a bit, this situation feeling more and more weird and just not right. She wanted to leave, but she seemed frozen to the spot. Besides, she had to make sure the little dragon was safe. All night fairies, and she assumed all earth fairies, had a special connection to animals. They couldn't read an animal's mind of anything, but they could talk to them; which made them think of all animals as dear friends. None of her people could leave a hurt animal in the hands of someone who seemed evil. It just...wouldn't be right to leave an animal in the hands of someone who could hurt it. "You..." Cathy said, thinking of the brave princessess in the stories she loved so much as she stood up as straight as possible, trying to look brave, "Will have to find someone else...I have a family...I can't just leave them. I've never really worked in my life." Maybe that would convince him to try to find someone else; he didn't want her. She really didn't have any experiance with work...she left that to her parents while she played.

Cathy's nose twitched slightly as she saw the doctor put green glob on the dragon. She certainitly never remembered a doctor putting green stuff on her when she broke her ankle last summer. "What's that stuff?" she asked. She turned away and winched as the wing was cracked in place, then her eyes widened and she turned back to the doctor in an instant as his next words. She honestly didn't remember him meantioning anything like this...maybe she was just too concerned for the dragon. Was his only plan really just to become female? He was bribling the dragon's health up thier nose for that?

Cathy suddenly found herself giggling uncontrobally, unable to help herself. She thought this man planned to lock innocent females in castles and cause the destruction of the world and he just wanted to become female? "If you just," Cathy said, as soon as she stoped herself, "want to become female, what would you need me for?" As soon as she had said that, the giggling started again. Her emotions were a mix between realief and humor that all this man wanted was to be female.

Anonymous

"There is a very rare cursed fruit known as the mademoiselle fruit. It blooms every 250 years or so, Within the Kishahn jungle, but its location is relatively unknown to outsiders.

Other than that I haven't figured out a way to become a real female, as far as I'm concerned its literally impossible so I figured it would be easier to rip off baby dragon scales than comb a giant jungle for a blue boob like fruit for the next 250 years."

Sitting down next to the dragon hatchling. Burying his face within the palms of his hands. This conversation was talking a turn for the worse. While honestly was best with this kind of people, it wasn't really in his nature to treat them as equals.

He wanted the fairy to come along, her ideas where wondrous but such a relationship wouldn't work out. He would have to kidnap her once Hatchen left. If He ever did.

"If your family isn't dependant on you for income then naturally you are free to form your own opinion about when to leave them. I hope you won't regret your decision."

Anonymous

Hachen, being the adventure lover he was, could only come up with one response.  "Well, it looks like I'm off to find a rare fruit in the jungle.  One last thing though, how will I find you when I acquire the fruit?"  While waiting for a response he tried to interpret what Kael said to Cathy, he thought it didn't sound good for her.  However if he meant to harm her, why was he waiting?