Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Finding a way home (open!)

Started by Anonymous, August 08, 2009, 03:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

He was totally lost.  And really aggravated about it, too.  He'd never been so far from the jungle, or even outside it before.  Theinen had only escaped from those two kidnappers two days ago, and they were probably still nearby.  And still looking for him.  Not that the thought had crossed the young naga's mind.

No, he was curled up in the middle of one of the roads, just outside Cerenis, lazily basking in the morning sunshine.  It was colder at night here, and the wind...he hated it.  Hated being cold, hated feeling tired and sluggish.  And he was probably blocking the road pretty effectively, just loosely curled up, his upper body propped up on his yellow and white scaled coils.  Not that he really cared that his position could be blocking the path, or was really aware of the problem.  Thei just knew it was warmer right here, and it made a darn good basking spot.

He was not moving until every inch of him was warm.  

((Anyone who wants can jump in and poke the snakey))

Anonymous

Adjusting a bandanna that covered his head Riley was walking from one of the taverns in the area. He was humming and bouncing his fingers to some sort of music in his head as he walked down the street. He had arrived at Cerenis about a week ago. He had filled up on drinks, some good fish, and of course that one bar matron. She was really lovely, blonde hair, big...brown eyes. She was just gorgeous! Then of course her dark haired friend had to show up, with those odd light eyes. He was a sucker for that, no doubt about it. Then all sorts of interesting fights had come up.

The short part of the long story was that he probably shouldn't be in Cerenis anymore, at least till they forgot about him. Instead though, he was walking along just trying to think about where he would like to visit next, and if a crew would be open. He was sure something would pop up, adventures always seemed to work that way coming out of no...

His foot came into contact with something hard and he found himself face first on the ground. He pushed himself up spitting dirt in front of him. Rolling over he looked back.

Oh wow...A naga. You don't see those much anymore.

"Sorry," Riley said rubbing the back of his head trying to manage a crooked smile, "I didn't see you there. Must have been up in the sky somewhere."

Anonymous

Hmm?  The sound of someone hitting the dirt brought Theinen out of his half dozing basking session, and he uncurled slightly, stretching as he turned around and lazily draped his upper body over a few coils.  The young naga regarded Riley curiously, his gaze lingering on the man's ears and tail.

"Sorry," Riley said rubbing the back of his head trying to manage a crooked smile, "I didn't see you there. Must have been up in the sky somewhere."

The boy uncurled finally and moved over to Riley, still quiet as he sized up the other man.  The very tip of his tail flicked back and forth as he raised himself to eye, remaining silent for a few more moments.   "What are you?"  The black and brown banded fur pattern wasn't one that was familiar.  But at least he wasn't one of the kidnappers.

Anonymous

William Arrownome was walking beside his horse and pig talking to them.  He couldn't understand them and they could't understand him, but somehow all three could respond and seem to carry the same conversation by some stroke of luck.  Will's horse, Naboo, stopped and the pig not too long after.  Will kept walking and noticed his animals stopping.  He looked up ahead and watched as a naga start to rise from the ground.  They were a good distance away so it seemed like it rose out of the ground.  Will looked at the two with a smile and kept moving onward, he had never seen a naga up close before.

Anonymous

Riley was laying on the ground watching the Naga, his weight was supported on his elbows as he leaned back slowly. His eyes were wide a look of nervousness on his face. The Naga was looking at him almost like he was sort of hungry, but curious at the same time. Sometimes Nagas had interesting appetites. Though the look this one was giving him leaned more towards curiosity, he was still nervous.

Then the Naga sort of answered his question with a question.

"You know, that isn't a bad question. I'm kind of like a raccoon and human..." he was thinking about saying had sex and gave birth to really weird offspring, however he wasn't sure of the naga's humor, "smooshed together." He pushed himself up and pushed his hands together giving a visual example of smooshed.

"A mutt if ya will. I don't think they have a name for me yet." Over the Naga's shoulder he noticed someone heading their direction, that made him feel a little bit better...

Was that a pig?

Anonymous

Lucky for Riley that Theinen wasn't the kind of naga that ate people.  

The boy sank a little lower, realizing that he was making the man nervous.  He drew his coils together, curling himself up again.  At least he was warm now.  But...a raccoon?  He'd never heard of such a thing.  "What's a raccoon?"

Whatever a raccoon was, they weren't in the jungles he called home.  He glanced up at Riley, looking a little hopeful.  Maybe this fellow could help him find his way home?  "Hey.  You can help me get home!  My dad will reward you, I'm sure!"  Yeah, he'd latched onto the idea, not even stopping to consider whether Riley could or would help him, totally excited about the idea of getting home.

And he hadn't even noticed the man approaching behind him yet.