Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I call to thee, o spirits! (Rina! HAH!)

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2009, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"You should be afraid of bears, as a woman that is. Did you know that when you enter your monthly cycle, they can SMELL it and are attracted to it?! What cruel nature there is!" Pal said dramatically, though...completely serious. Sure, bears couldn't actually hurt him, no normal natural creature of the world could but...he still didn't like them! He could end up hurt somehow, or missing limbs, or something like that! Something bad.

It was probably lucky that something had happened to Dal before Pal'zerus had a chance to ask what Zoran meant by his comment. It sounded interesting and juicy...but now he was more focused on the problem with Dal. Just what was going on back there anyway?

"Thy wouldst need to...lift mine robe...and I hath tied up at the front." Dal peered around Senka for a moment and sighed. "If any of thou look, there shalt be great pain." With that, Dal pulled off her robe, holding onto her untied breast band. She had to shift it around so that Senka could tie it up at the back, and hold onto her robe at the same time. How inconvenient was this? She had sworn that it had been tied up properly but...ugh, she couldn't imagine this happening during a seance or anything like that, it would be so embarrassing!

"So, Zoran eh? Y'know, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were almost cross at me." Pal took a few steps toward the spirit till they were right next to each other. "We could be great friends, pals even, no need to have such hostility toward me." Pal reached out to pat the spirit on the shoulder...and oddly enough there was contact between the two. A strange sort of...electricity between the two of them. For a moment, Zoran would probably be able to see through Pal's eyes for just a second...to feel his body, the strange mist of Pal's power. Pal jumped back almost a good two feet, even with holding onto the large sword.

"Good gods! What the hell was that?!" Pal exclaimed as he looked to his hand to Zoran. Dal had also jumped at Pal's sudden exclamation, though luckily Senka had finished tying her up and had put her robe back on. "Doth everything be alright?"

Anonymous

"What?!" Senka felt her cheeks heat up at the mention of her monthly cycle. She was not sure she felt comfortable hearing Pal talk about that. She looked over her shoulder, giving the wraith a dirty look, "I really did not need to know that."

Turning back to Dal, the entropymancer helped Dal secure the breastband, doing her best to not stare. Dal trusted her to help her and Senka was more than capable of keeping her mind out of the gutter.

Zoran glanced over at Pal, his expression unamused. He did not like the creepy wraith. He didn't like how he spoke to Dal, or looked at her or flirted with her. Dal was a lady and this wraith seemed to forget that. He started to respond when Pal touched his shoulder.

The spirit went still, for just a moment seeing himself through the wraith's eyes, stunned by the strange flash of being inside Pal's odd body.

"ZORAN!" Senka's voice was shrill as she whipped around, forgetting all about Dal. Her heart was pounding, her face going white as she stepped closer to him, reaching her hand out.

"I-I'm okay. It's okay Senka." Zoran shook himself, reaching out and taking his sisters hand. That had been just strange, "I don't know what that was. I've never experienced that before."

Anonymous

"How do you think I feel, being in the presence of all these wonderful ladies who could, for no other reason than being such fine ladies, bring ruin and death!" Pal exclaimed as he waved his arms in an over-excited, over dramatic fashion. He wasn't trying to be crude or anything, but it was a worry. Bears! Women could bring bears, and by accident! It was terrible.

Dal's face was a little flushed, a tad bit darker than normal. She was quite embarrassed by this whole situation, and it didn't help that Zoran and Pal were right there. She had not meant to just start...flashing them the moment they freed Pal. She didn't meant to start flashing them at any time! This was just...bad luck. That's all it was.

It was quite a shock to Pal even, he felt as if his entire body was suddenly losing control. Things had even gone dark for a moment there...it was as if he wasn't...he wasn't sure. For a moment there had been darkness, then it almost seemed like he was moving out of the way...out of his body. Out of his own body. No way. He knew what that...roughly meant.

"You can take my body!" Pal exclaimed as he looked to Zoran. "That's what it was! You were taking my body! I'm just...a bunch of magic and spirit...stuck inside a skeleton under this robe...and you're a spirit...ah hah hah!" Pal clapped his hands together, the gauntlets smashing together loudly. "Thou canst easily share thine body then?" Dal asked as she peered curiously at both Pal and Zoran. "That's right! Well, it's not really a body...kinda...I mean, it can turn INTO a body...but that's not important. What is important is now we have to respect some personal space here...because I only touched you and you started to push me out." Pal told the spirit as he carefully eyed him. A spirit who could auto-posses a body was a bad thing wasn't it? Especially when there technically was a soul already in it.

Strange times indeed.

Anonymous

"...Just....shut up." Zoran gave Pal another dark look. The creature was annoying and it was weirding Zoran out to be talking about....womanly problems like that. And how they related to bears. Which was just extra weird.

And he wasn't really sure what the deal with Dal was. She seemed really freaked out about something and they weren't allowed to look.

'What? I can...take your body? I didn't mean to take it." He had never taken over anyone but Senka, "You can make a body? And I could borrow it? That's amazing!"

Anonymous

"I can't make a body...I can become a body. Watch!" He reached up to his hood and pulled it back. Dal averted her eyes quickly, thinking they would see something disgusting, but instead of being a weird skull covered in mist and magic...it was...a head. An actual face and everything. even his gauntlets had changed suddenly into human hands! Dal gasped as she regarded the wraith through her blindfold. The transition had been so smooth and so fast, it was as if he had never been a wraith at all. He had strange hair, originally black but with streaks of red and blue to it. His eyes were dazzling, charming even...just like his normal wraith eyes, his left eye was a cardinal red, and his right eye was a an ivory white.

He wasn't altogether bad looking either, he appeared to be quite handsome, if a little young looking. "See, if I pull my hood back, I become a body...I was told it was to keep all the magic from escaping." Pal explained with a large grin, pearly almost...skeletal white teeth showing as he did so. "But you. You can't take my body unless I say." He said as he turned to Zoran, reaching a hand out to touch the spirit. His hand went right through. "Good. You can't take my body as a human!" That was a little better to know.

"Wouldst Zoran be able to turn human if he wert to posses thine Wraith form?" Dal asked, rather curious by this new development of Pal's. It was rather odd in fact, but it wasn't particularly bad. Inf act, it would probably open up a whole lot of things for the spirit. That is...if Pal were willing to share. "Of course! It's as simple as pulling back the hood. He would be...a wraith basically! Hm. Zoran De Netari. Not a very typical name for a Wraith but...could work! Anyway! Are we okay? Can we go?" Pal hefted his sword again, eager to get the hell out of here.

"Aye, everything art back to normal, we shalt once more be off." Dal told him with a nod. The Wraith grinned and nodded. "Then let's go! Get you ladies out of this place. He winked at the two females before pulling his hood up and starting off again down the hall. "He art a very sure creature...he shalt be a handful." Dal murmured quietly to her friend Senka.

Anonymous

Both Senka and Zoran gasped at Pal's transformation. Neither had ever seen anything like that before. And Senka was rather surprised he was good looking, though that still didn't forgive him any for calling her a boy. It did make her a little disappointed he had thought she was a boy though.

She glanced over at her brother. He could posses Pal. Not forever, but he could be a human male at least for a little while. If Pal allowed it. Zoran was staring at Pal, a look of raw hunger touched with sadness was naked on his ghostly face.

"W-would you let me? Posses you? For a little while? Please?"

Senka turned to Dal, having almost forgotten about the other woman and she nodded, giving herself a mental shake, "He is that. He's an odd one."

Anonymous

Pal just looked at Zoran with one eye larger than the other, the Wraith equivalent of raising and eyebrow. So he wanted the body? Wasn't that something interesting! Not that he could blame him of course, Pal was a handsome devil after all! A very handsome devil indeed. "Maybe later Spookypants, I'm free after years of confinement. You at least got to move around. I need to stretch my legs and arms and abs and buttocks and neck and all my other body first." He'd want to run around and have some fun first before letting someone just take his body.

Someone who had, if he remembered correctly, told him to shut up and had glared at him like he had committed a heinous act.

"He doth like to taketh the light and shine it 'pon himself." An attention grabber, that's what Pal was to a T. The creature loved to have people pay attention to him. No doubt after his confinement and imprisonment, he would no doubt relish the attention. The trip up wasn't as slow as it had been before, Pal appeared to be able to simply get the creatures to move without much effort. Of course, one or two needed a good swat from his broad sword, but he didn't need to kill any of them. When they reached the mouth of the cave, the broadsword was sent back into the fog and Pal ran outside into the sun. "Oh sweet fresh air! How I missed you!" He grabbed two handfuls of sand and just...felt it between his gauntlets.

He was finally free. Dal was smiling as she observed the wraith revel in his new freedom.

Anonymous

Zoran gave a nod, though he couldn't quite get that look of want off his face, "No, no. Of course. I understand." It was hard to not try and climb into Pal's body right then, but Zoran could wait. To be a man while in a body. He could sleep with a girl, really sleep with her the way he was supposed too!

Senka gave a small laugh at Dal's comment, "That is an understatement." He was growing on her though. Annoying, yes, but not so bad. Other than thinking she was a boy. That really was it. She was getting a flesh crafter to give her bigger breasts.

Outside, Senka had to admit that it was nice to be in the fresh air again. She could only imagine it was worse for Pal, having been trapped for who knows how long. Taking a deep breath, Senka shaded her eyes, giving them time to adjust to the brighter outside.

Anonymous

Zoran could always try, but Pal was quick, and could always pull his hood back and become human. That would stop him. However, the spirit was a respectful sort, and wouldn't just...take this away from him. It would be mean and rude and not nice. Pal would be very upset, and throw a stink loud enough to wake the dead...without any...magical abilities.

"At least he art a kind and decent soul. T'would be terrible if we wert to unleash something horrible 'pon the world." Dal didn't mind the strange spirit that much. He just seemed like an excitable sort, his rudeness was obviously because of his situation, he probably hadn't anything to talk to in a while. He seemed childlike as well...but at the same time, had a good grasp on what was going on...to some degree.

She looked over at the wraith, who was now on his back, rolling in the sand like a cat would. The young seer giggled in amusement as he made a pleased sort of sound...much like a cat. He did have a strange playful side to him, it reaffirmed her believe of him being somewhat childlike. Finally Pal stood up and brushed himself off. "Thou art finished with thine display?" Dal asked the wraith who nodded. "Very much so!" He replied as he clapped his gauntlets together loudly. "Then we shalt now return to mine vessel." She pointed to the ship anchored not far from the island, then to the little row boat on the shore. "Yeah alright!" Pal was quick to run to the shore and push the boat into the water. "Let's go ladies!"

With everyone in the boat, Pal took it upon himself to row. Of course, half way to the boat one of the oars snapped in half, so he was forced to get them there with one oar. The strange thing that Dal noticed was...it had been termites. They were quickly thrown into the water to drown...but it wasn't the place for termites. Something fishy was going on, but Dal couldn't quite put her finger on it. "We'll be fine!" Pal said as he alternated sides with the oar, careful not to smack Dal or Senka with it as he did so.

It took them a little longer but they were finally at the boat, Pal using the pulley system to pull them. Everything was done and Pal was leaning against the mast, his hood down and grinning. "This is by far the best day I have ever had."

Anonymous

Senka just shook her head at the wraith's actions, smiling as he rolled around on the ground. Though if he let her brother borrow his body, she would forgive him for the boy comment. Her brother seemed distracted the rest of the way back to the ship, hardly even noticing when the oar snapped.

"Termites? Should we be worried Dal? They must have been there a while to have weakened the oar so badly..." Senka was rather surprised. She didn't think this was the right area for termites. Though, she was no bug expert.

As she started to climb onto Dal's ship, her foot caught on the edge and Senka 's other foot managed to hit a slick of salt water. With a surprised cry, Senka landed face first onto the deck. Sitting up, she brushed at the salt water soaking into the front of her clothes, her face red, though she was uninjured besides some minor bumps. She turned to give the edge of the boat a startled look, "I can't believe I did that. I'm not normally so clumsy."

Anonymous

"I doth not believe it to be a problem Senka, I shalt concoct some potion whilst on the ship just in case. They couldst be just from the island, since there wert such a numerous amount of insects." Yes, termites on a wooden ship was a bad thing, but the ship's wood had been treated to ensure that termites wouldn't find it all that delicious. Though...the smaller row boat wasn't something that had been treated...so they could have gotten into it.

Dal would handle it once they got back to the ship. Pal seemed determined to keep rowing anyway. That was fine, at least he seemed to be helpful and useful.

Dal gasped in surprise as Senka suddenly stumbled and fell onto her face. The seer was rather quick to help her friend up, rather surprised at the sudden action. "Thou art uninjured, which at least art a good thing." Dal commented as she helped her friend up. Pal actually looked a little...guilty as he coughed uncomfortably and just...quickly started to fiddle with the anchor chain.

"Senka...stay up here and keep off thine ankles just in case thou hath sprained them. I shalt go prepare a poultice for both thine ankles and the ship." Termites eating the ship wasn't something good, but Senka's ankles swelling up and her being in pain was also a bad thing. When Dal had gone below deck, Pal approached, though...he seemed to keep about...ten feet away from Senka. "I'm...I'm sorry that you hurt yourself Senka. Ahm. You should be fine though right? I mean nothing life threatening! Coulda happened to anyone!" Yeah, just keep saying that. Could have happened to anyone...who was within ten feet of him.

Anonymous

Zoran stared at Senka, confused and worried. Senka was many things, but she wasn't normally clumsy and she had grown up around ships. "Are you sure you are alright Senka?"

The entropymancer nodded, "I'm fine. Just stunned mostly." She was pretty sure her ankles were fine, she had stepped a little weird, but they didn't seem sprained, "I just feel stupid. I can't believe I did that." Reaching out, she took her brother's hand, "Don't worry. Dal is just fussing."

Zoran nodded and stroked her hair as they waited for the medium to come back, "Maybe today was an unlucky day?"

Anonymous

"Yeah, just unlucky! Nothing more." Pal said with a grin and a nod. Sure, anyone could put together that all the bad luck started when Pal was revived but...no one seemed to even see that connection, which he was grateful for. It was only a few minutes later when Dal was reappearing from below deck with two jars, one small, one much larger, which she immediately handed to Pal. "If thou couldst start slathering this poultice around mine ship, I wouldst be most grateful." She told the Wraith with a small almost...flirtatious smile. He seemed to like her, so she was sure that she could convince him to do things he normally wouldn't.

"Sure! I could!" He grinned and rushed off to start rubbing the strange mix onto different places of the ship. Dal approached Senka and knelt before her, taking up her ankle to inspect it before she began to rub a deep green, almost sweet smelling lotion onto it. It was quite cool actually, probably to help reduce swelling. "Thou shouldst be fine Senka, tis nothing too serious, and we art lucky for that." Really it could have been so much worse...but a little swelling? Nothing too bad.

"Thou shouldst not walk 'pon it just yet. Let mine poultice work and then thou mayest do as thine please." Dal told the woman sternly as she looked up at the elf, still massaging the woman's ankle with the mixture.

Anonymous

Neither Senka or Zoran had even thought to connect the bad luck to Pal. Not yet anyway. For now it was a coincidence as far as they were concerned.

Dal's hands on her ankles had Senka flushing a little, her eyes on Dal's dark hands moving over her skin. The swelling was very minor and the pain wasn't that bad, not anywhere close enough to distract her from Dal's hands on her, "Oh, it isn't bad at all. Thank you Dal." At least she managed to keep her voice from wavering.

Zoran leaned over Dal's shoulder, watching with interest, "How long will it take? Before she can move around?" He didn't like when Senka was injured and he fidgeted behind the medium, "Are you sure it's not serious? That she wont been her ankle wrapped?"

Anonymous

And no one knew his secret. Pal was quite pleased about that, everyone just seemed to think this was all random though, that it was just a period of bad luck. Really if he stayed away from them all, he wouldn't have a problem.

But they were woooooomen!

Dal smiled up at her friend and nodded. "Tis mine pleasure Senka. Thou wert injured on mine vessel, so I shouldst care for thee. And thou art mine friend, I wouldst hate to know thou wert in pain." This would make sure that she didn't have any damage to it. If Senka was crippled, even for a few days, Dal would feel terrible. Little did the trio know, Pal would probably feel worse about it. While his bad luck could be...fun in some ways, it was still terrible when someone got injured or hurt because of him.

"Tis quite alright friend Zoran, thy sister shalt be fine. This poultice shalt relax her muscles, and prevent her from doing any more damage." Dal explained to the spirit as she finished applying the poultice to her ankle and stood up, looking to Pal who was busy right now applying the termite control on areas of the ship. Really, Pal knew there probably wouldn't be anymore termites, the oar had been a very isolated incident, but he didn't want them to figure out he was bad luck after all.

Anonymous

"Don't worry. It really doesn't hurt anymore. I promise." Senka patted Dal's arm to reassure her. Her ankle really did feel much better. Now she was just stuck sitting on the deck until her paranoid brother and the medium said she could move.

"Zoran, stop fussing. Really. I'm fine." Senka smiled at her twin, waving him away, "Go help Dal with something." The spirit gave her a worried look before giving Dal his attention, "Is there something you would like me to do Dal?"

Anonymous

"Thou couldst try to reel the anchor in." She told him with an impish little smile on her face. It was fun to tease the spirit once in a while. "Thou couldst search the ship, see if we hath anymore undesired insects onboard." He would be useful for that sort of thing, sine he could pass through solid objects and search for say...termites...or one of the beasties from the cave. Maybe a small insect or two had come to the ship somehow, and were now feasting on food and growing bigger. "Thou shouldst start with our food supplies." Dal suggested with a nod of her head. That would be the most logical place to look.

"All finished!" Pal cried enthusiastically as he came back with an empty jug. "Thank thee Pal. Couldst you pull the anchor in p'raps? We shouldst get underway soon." Dal asked the wraith, who nodded and grinned. "Can do!" Though, he had to pull his hood up, to get that wraith strength back that would help him reel in the big anchor using the wheel and crank system. With that all satisfied, Dal began to get the mast and riggings ready. They'd be able to head out soon.

Anonymous

Zoran's expression fell when Dal asked him to pull up the anchor up before he realized she was teasing him. Giving her a flat look, the spirit sunk down into the lower part of the ship to look for bugs. Haha Dal. Haha.

Senka carefully stood up, testing her ankle. It still felt fine, Dal's potion doing it's job, "Is there anything you want me to do Dal?"

Anonymous

She wasn't without a sense of humour it seemed. Pal might have been rubbing off on her, he was an infectiously happy sort of creature that seemed to like joking. At least her jokes were...well, they weren't THAT bad were they? Maybe a little tasteless but it was all in jest.

"Hmm...thou couldst p'raps clean the kitchen? It art a tad messy after mine potion brewing." At some point, she wanted to write a few pages on Pal, about his race. For now though, while they were all busy with things, it could wait. Maybe after they enjoyed some supper they could have a little...chat with him.

Anonymous

Senka nodded, "That I can do. I hope the next island we stop at is filled with half naked, gorgeous men that have an ancient history of massage. Instead of...pervert bugs." The girl gave the island one last dirty look before she headed below as well.

Things would be much more interesting with Pal around. That was sure. Senka was starting to warm up to him. But so help him if he ever called her a boy again...