Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Recent posts

Sirantil Valley / Re: Mirror, Mirror
Last post by DragonSong - March 27, 2024, 06:47:40 PM
"Yes. Those rebels." She sighed. "I know it's kind of mad, but...what choice do we really have right now?"

Kiara frowned, though the expression was more confusion this time than anything else. "Wait wait wait—what do you mean the remainder of your life?"
Draconi Forest / Re: Lost Fledgling [MadEmperor...
Last post by DragonSong - March 27, 2024, 06:45:43 PM
Lanaya jerked get attention away from her grimoire and to her apprentice. "I—"

She exhaled slowly. "I...have another friend. Another member of my flock, but he doesn't live here with the rest of us. I asked him about your...condition soon after you arrived. I'd hoped to have heard back from him about something, but..."

She sighed, her shoulders slumping a bit. "I'm...sorry, Grimr. I'm worried that—that I won't be able to help you. That it might be better if..."

She couldn't even say it. She didn't want to send him away—for either of their sakes.
Hivan Ocean / Re: On Stranger Tides
Last post by DragonSong - March 27, 2024, 06:35:56 PM
"Silent as the grave, us two," Hana agreed, still laughing a bit herself. She tried to sober herself and straightened up a bit. Snapping into a quick, only slightly sarcastic salute, she said, "Percy told us you needed us—reporting for final duties, captain!"
The Thunderblacks / Re: City of Stone
Last post by DragonSong - March 27, 2024, 06:26:50 PM
Nani's brow furrowed as she stared up at the spire, considering. Calculating.

"...Island hopping."

She looked at Ein, starting to smile a bit. "We can do this. We treat it like island hopping—I'll teach you."

She glanced down at Vander, then back up. "You'll have to carry the dog though."
Niahi Woods / Re: All Creatures Great and Sm...
Last post by DragonSong - March 27, 2024, 06:23:41 PM
Krysta rolled her eyes theatrically. "Stars, where do you get this stuff?" she huffed, more to herself than to Ivan.

Were their really mortals who thought this? Well—obviously there must be. Ivan didn't sound like he was spouting it off the top of his head. And he'd said something about being "taught".

She shrugged and shook her head. "Well. I suppose it doesn't really matter if you listen to me or not—it won't change the way the world works. Magic just is."
Reajh / Re: Are You Calling Me a Sinne...
Last post by wandering_giraffe - March 27, 2024, 01:37:00 PM
Vaelin stopped, and sighed.
"I may not be the same man. I do promise that I won't harm your daughter. Or you.
I'm sorry, Ryn. I really am. I...I felt threatened. And I took it out on you."
Vaelin extended a hand towards Varryn.
"Can we start over? For Ilia? For us?" He asked softly.
Sirantil Valley / Re: Mirror, Mirror
Last post by MadEmperor - March 27, 2024, 01:14:49 PM
Dan raised an eyebrow. "You mean the rebels that tried to kill us? Those rebels?"

Grav was, indeed, looking a little worn out. Still, he nodded. "I can't afford not to. Not until we end this."

Beatrix watched him for a moment and seemed to resolve herself to something. "I vowed long ago to not use my magic, even when no one could possibly find out, but this... is a unique situation. I can give you an energy boost to compensate for your fatigue, at least for a time."

Grav blinked. "You don't need to put yourself at more risk than you al-"

She cut him off. "It's alright. What's the worst they can do that isn't already being attempted? Besides, I'm old. The remainder of my life is worth risking to protect everyone here."
Coastal Serendipity / Re: Latent Dream (Summervale) ...
Last post by GoblinFae - March 27, 2024, 01:09:04 PM
The healer raised his brows, a brief look of amusement passing his features at the knowledge before nodding his head. Theodore would be in excellent care then. The Baroness for her part however waved Fletcher off, commanding him to do what was best while she tried to sort out the payments and clothes and healer all in one go.

Theo on the other hand started to come in and out of consciousness while Fletcher was absent getting the carriage together. In fact the entire getting into the carriage, getting home, and getting into bed were a blur of lights and faces and dizzying movement. His hand still throbbed and ached something fierce. "It hurts," he groaned, finally admitting to his pain while trying to sit up in bed. "Did...is the outfit ok?"
Draconi Forest / Re: Lost Fledgling [MadEmperor...
Last post by MadEmperor - March 27, 2024, 12:56:25 PM
The diminutive bird-boy went to work, serving up his culinary concoction with a bounce in his step. While he wasn't quite happy, given his situation, he was still closer to being optimistic than he had felt in a long time. He knew why she was poring over her grimoire over and over, and it was perfectly obvious she was out of ideas, but he believed she would do everything she could to find a way. The least he could do was act like he was as okay as he could be.

"Maybe you could ask the birds if they know anything? It's a long shot that they would be that observant of people, but what could it hurt?"
Coastal Serendipity / Re: Latent Dream (Summervale) ...
Last post by Nightcrawler - March 27, 2024, 12:48:31 PM
Fletch breathed a palpable sigh of relief. "Thank you," he murmured. "It's the last thing he needs after this." He took the bag and stowed it safely in his coat pocket. A quiet laugh hissed through his nose. At the end of the day, these people of medicine: they were all the same. Every last one. "I was married to a healer. I know the drill," he assured the man. "And...thank you again."

He turned away from the healer and took a deep breath, bracing himself for the worst, before addressing the Baroness. He left no room for argument. "Ma'am. The healer insists that Th — that Master Theodore rests at home. As I'm in charge of his safety, I have to agree with him. I'll alert Bartrand to ready the carriage."