Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Recent posts

Sirantil Valley / Re: Mirror, Mirror
Last post by MadEmperor - March 25, 2024, 12:57:54 PM
Dan smiled at the rather heartwarming moment before becoming more serious. There was much to do. "As much as I am loathe to shorten your tender reunion, we need to make haste to the refugee camp to meet with my parents. There is no telling how much time our subterfuge has bought us."

"Can this rebel group get us somewhere safe, assuming they are still around? It's clear that simply keeping our heads down and obeying the law wasn't ever going to be enough for some of our countrymen, not as long as men like Lord Vannier target us for merely drawing breath." Lowell sounded bitter and it was clear from Beatrix's weary sigh that they had had that discussion many times in the past.

Only now, the idealism and righteous anger of the young seemed more undeniable. Something had to change. Beatrix straightened up. "It seems we have no choice but to reach out to these rebels of yours if we want to survive this."
Hivan Ocean / Re: On Stranger Tides
Last post by MadEmperor - March 25, 2024, 12:21:18 PM
Percy shook his head briskly. "She merely wants one last moment with the two of you before you leave. For old times' sake, I assume."

Thrax nodded to the first mate. "I think we can manage that. We don't have much to take that we don't carry with us, other than the extra supplies we'll need."

Percy nodded. "Then I'll tell her to expect you. She'll be in the captain's quarters until we get close to shore, so go sooner rather than later."
The Thunderblacks / Re: City of Stone
Last post by MadEmperor - March 25, 2024, 12:09:41 PM
Ein barked a laugh. "Perhaps a ruby of some unusual brightness but you have a point. If there's any indication of my Adelan blood, it's the hair."

Vander huffed in agreement.

"And how do we explain you, boy?" he asked the animal. "Would they even believe the truth? It is a rather strange series of events."
Niahi Woods / Re: All Creatures Great and Sm...
Last post by MadEmperor - March 25, 2024, 12:01:39 PM
"I would imagine so. The energy has to come from somewhere after all. I may not understand the finer points of magic, but I know you can't get something from nothing," Ivan responded with what almost passed as a small smile.

He grew quiet. "I feel it, you know—the magic coursing through this body. It feels like a roaring flame, warming me from within and begging to be used. Should I submit to the temptation, I would turn my back on everything I have been taught—on everything I thought was important."
Sirantil Valley / Re: Mirror, Mirror
Last post by DragonSong - March 25, 2024, 11:45:27 AM
It didn't take long for Kit to find them, and once he had he immediately curved his neck around Kiara and tugged her into his chest with a low, thrumming croon.

"Easy," Kiara chuckled softly, though she was clearly just as happy to see him.

"Well, you could...ahh..." Kiara pressed a hand to her temple, brow furrowed. "There was--in the other world, there's this artifact. The other me was hired to, ah, acquire it so that this rebel group could help you all..." She sighed, shoulders slumping and shaking her head slightly. "But I never got the message. So maybe Vanier's stranglehold on the region is too strong in our world...shit, I'm sorry, it's all I can think of."
Hivan Ocean / Re: On Stranger Tides
Last post by DragonSong - March 25, 2024, 11:39:27 AM
Hana was well content herself to enjoy the moment, though of course it couldn't last.

Sighing, she pushed away from the rail and turned to face Percy. "Alright, alright," she huffed. "We'll get moving. Cap'n need anything from us before we dock?"
The Thunderblacks / Re: City of Stone
Last post by DragonSong - March 25, 2024, 11:36:44 AM
Almost despite herself, Nani felt her lips twitch up on one side in a hint of a smirk. She reached over to give a lock of his fiery hair a single gentle tug. "Something tells me it might be this--I can't say I really know anything about gargoyles, but judging by...well the rest of you..."

She waved a hand at him to indicate the living-stone appearance to his skin, then shrugged. "I don't think I've ever seen a rock in quite that shade of red."
Niahi Woods / Re: All Creatures Great and Sm...
Last post by DragonSong - March 25, 2024, 11:33:41 AM
Krysta nodded and bobbed over to perch on a small lip of earth jutting from the wall of the den. "Alright, if you're sure."

She drew her legs up onto the lip and yawned, then shook her head briskly. "Ah--sorry. Using that much magic takes it out of me, I'm afraid," she chuckled lightly with a tiny shrug.
Tuor Ocean / Re: Just a Man and his Rowboat...
Last post by DragonSong - March 25, 2024, 11:31:20 AM
Morgana gritted her teeth, but things were moving too fast for her to continue arguing with the sea witch about her control over her son--not that she was even entirely sure what she was arguing, she just...this just felt wrong.

When Nik looked to her, she tightened her grip on his own hand in silent assurance. She was half-jogging to keep pace as Cora--quite literally--seemed to be dragging them along. She stumbled when they wheeled around a corner, but held onto him all the tighter.

The moment they were inside the next room and he was all but shoved into the chair, she sank down next to him on her knees and moved her hand up from his to clutch at his arm.

Dark eyes once more liquid and bright, she reached up with her other hand to cup his cheek in her palm. "Anan'mar," she murmured. "I--I will help." She leaned in to press her forehead to his. "I'll help you. Whatever this is...we'll do it together."
Moraki Desert / Re: Bricc of Ages: Or How I Le...
Last post by Hyacinthus - March 25, 2024, 11:14:36 AM
"Silence."

The voice that answered Snarg was not Siege's, he could at all remember it properly after the night he'd had. It was not a voice of warmth, mirth and boundless naivety; By contrast, it was a cold, almost unnervingly controlled tone. Just as youthful, yet with such a depth of innate bloodlust and hatred that the single word near seemed to cut the air no different than a blade would've.

It was a vaguely familiar voice, which at long last had a face to match it— the voice of the one who resided inside the armor.

Snarg had seen true; Armor lay sprawled across the sand-coated ground , some plates of it half-buried in the shifting sands, the rest too large to meet the same state. Scattered and discarded as it was, no doubt Snarg still recognized its massive scale and familiar design. Yet there was no life to be found in it; the armor was properly empty now, and collapsed accordingly.

The sun's glare shifted harshly in Snarg's direction. It didn't suddenly shift; the steel of the blade poised at him from across the room tilted slightly, as if the young woman holding it was calculating the best possible angle from which to cross the room in a single flying step and take the disoriented man's head with. Hypothetically.

"Gather yourself. Catch your bearings. Do not raise your voice, or I will kill you." Her voice was little higher than a whisper, but it was crystal clear all the same. Somehow, regardless of the words she spoke, regardless of the volume of her tone, one thing was clear— the wrong move, the wrong word, the wrong look— anything would be enough for the swordswoman to strike at the moment.