Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Bitterest Heart Refuses To Be Saved (Dris)

Started by Anonymous, October 25, 2009, 12:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Saeilith smiled when Amber blushed. He got her back . . . kind of. Sael took a deep breath, and rolled off to the side, into a sitting position next to Amber. "Is it really that unexpected?" He shrugged. Maybe it was. "I am glad that you did accept it though." When he heard Amber grumpily talk about him winning the fight, he laughed. "Haha, maybe I did. Maybe next time we have a "fight" you will win."

Anonymous

Amber shook her head. "Nah, I'd probabaly lose again." Then, she sat straight up and said, "...that's odd.." She heard footsteps in the hallway. Fast paced. It sounded like her father was going somewhere quickly. Too quickly for something normal..."It's probabaly nothing..." She mumbled to herself.

Anonymous

Saeilith yawned. He was happy again. Well, without Shadow, he was only half, but happy enough. While he didn't notice anything wrong about the father walking  somewhere fast, Amber did. Whatever it was, something was wrong. "Amber . . . how about you follow your father and see where he is going." He shrugged again. "Better to be safe then sorry." He stood. "I will go get Shadow, and we will also follow."

Anonymous

Amber shook her head. "Shadow isn't here.She left somewhere." Amber always knew if Shadow was around. Well, almost always. She said, "We can follow by ourselves." She stood and opened the door. Amber's mouth fell open and she dropped her sword that she picked up. She saw her father, shocked, down the hallway, in front of a shadowy figure. Her father said, "It's you.." The figure replied, "Yes..I have returned." The figure stepped foreward and who stepped out looked quite a lot like Amber. She was tall, and had a strong, important air about her. She was in a dress that had oranges, reds, white and blues. She looked at Saeilith and Amber standing in the doorway.

Anonymous

Saeilith nodded. Amber did always know when or where Shadow was near. What seemed to frighten him was that the woman standing past the doorway looked strangely like Amber. Then he remembered Shadows words. About Amber's mother. The mother who had disappeared. Sael took a deep breath. A sharp intake. He couldn't stop himself. This woman, who had vanished suddenly, just decided to come back? What was this? Sael knew something didn't feel right, but he didn't say anything. He wouldn't say anything. He just stood there at the doorway, and whatever Amber did was up to her. Saeilith was no longer here, he was gone. He had lost himself into the world of what happened.

Anonymous

Amber shook her head, knowing what Saeilith was thinking. "That's not mother..." Suddenly, there was a feirce roar that shook the earth violently. Her father took three steps backward. Behind the woman, the air itself seemed to rip, forming a gaping hole into another place unknown. Amber took a small step backwards. "That is..." The woman dissapeared, as she was an illusion.

A huge fox-like demon emerged from the hole, and entered. The demon had 5 tails, and odd looking patterns similar to tattoos on its fur. They glowed with magic, and faded to black once the demon emerged completely. Amber's father looked up at the demon, saying in a rather defeated tone that didn't seem to fit him, "Please don't be angry with me..." The demon glanced at him, then looked at Saeilith and Amber. The demon came foreward. Amber lowered herself in a sign of respect and said, "Mother, it seems you have returned."

Anonymous

Saeilith was still no where to be found. It was obvious that while his body was there, his mind was not. It was because of all the power of that demon that was Amber's mother. It burned his heart. The reason for this, Saeilith had the power of demons, he had once been one, just for a few hours, and it was enough to give him this power, to live forever, to have extraordinary power. It took him a few minutes to burst back into his body.

What he saw when he awoke was a demon. While it looked incredibly scary, it also looked . . . familier almost to Saeilith. Something was wrong with him. Sael closes his eyes and thought. That was it! He had met her in his few hours into demon world. Or maybe it was just a look alike.

Anonymous

Amber's mother nodded her head to Amber, then looked at Saeilith. She nudged him, due to his unresponsive state, and said, "Who are you, human?" She sat down, all 5 tails wrapped around her. She didn't sound unfriendly.

Anonymous

It took a bit to realize that Amber's mother was talking to him. It took even longer for him to gather his messy thoughts, his jumbled puzzle. Saeilith shrugged. "Saeilith, just a human, as you said." Sael gave a crooked half smile. "Then again, I could be someone important. Probably not though."

Anonymous

Amber's mother chuckled a little. "Hello, then." Amber said, "He's my husband, mom.." Her mother looked at Amber and tilted her head, saying in an amused voice, "Well, I never thought I'd see the day you find a man! Ha!" Amber rolled her eyes slightly.

Anonymous

Saeilith cocked his head. "Yes, I am her husband." He repeated what Amber had said. A few seconds too late obviously. "While I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I don't think anyone here believed that YOU would appear again, so don't make fun of my Amber." He wrapped his arms around Amber at that point.

Anonymous

Amber's mother growled a little, playfully. "Hey. I didn't have much choice in the matter. And she's my Amber too." She stood up and stretched a little. "I see you're a nice person. Feel free to stay here as long as you like..." She trotted off, saying to Amber's father on the way, "Talk a little! At least talk to them while the're here."

Anonymous

Saeilith watched as Amber's mom walk off in a slight hurry. He also noted that the father followed her, despite her order to talk to him and Amber more. He looked at Amber. "Well I do hope we can get over our fights as easy as that previous one." Sael grinned, it was nice to grin again. "Of course I am but being sarcastic here."

Anonymous

Amber chuckled. She looked in the direction where her mother went. "I've missed her. She taught me a lot of the things I know, even if she's a bit strict sometimes. It's good to know she's okay." She glanced at Saeilith. "So, do you like them?"

Anonymous

Saeilith smiled lightly as he listened to Amber. "Liked them?" Saeilith frowned. "Liked who?" Then it hit him. "Ooh, liked your parents?" He grimaced, that was slow of him. "Yeah, they seem very nice . . . I think." He shrugged. "Doesn't really matter that much. They don't have to like me that much."

Anonymous

Amber gave him a sideways glance. "But, it's better if they like you." She looked back foreward at the sound of footsteps coming down the hallway. Her father passed by, frowning slightly. He said to Amber when walking past, "Don't let your sister in."

Amber knew he didn't like Shadow in the weapons room; simply because of an old fear of her getting to things she shouldn't have.

Anonymous

Saeilith smiled. "I guess it is better for them to like me isn't it?" He shrugged though again. "While they may or may not like me personally, I will always remain indifferent." He watched their father, well her father walk off after tell her not to let Shadow in. He frowned a bit. "How about we go talk to your sister?" He paused. "We do have a bit to discuss . . . "

Anonymous

Amber closed her eyes, and an odd energy formed around her. There was a bad feeling to it; it was as if her hate was so strong, that it penetrated the air around her. "I'd rather not today. It's not a good day. Tomorrow, perhaps." She began to walk away, passing a part of wall that Shadow had put her name on. Amber ran her hand across it, it making a sound like fingernails on chalkboards. The name had 4 horizontal scratches through it now. She mumbled something to herself, continuing.

Anonymous

Saeilith watched Amber's expression darken quite a bit. Probably not the best thing to say just yet. He nodded. "Yes, maybe another day." He watched the scratching and Amber leaving. Give her time. Saeilith walked out of the house. More like spent a few minutes trying to find the exit. He looked around. "Hey, Shadow, I am back."

Anonymous

Shadow appeared behind him. "I can't stay for long." She kissed him on the cheek, whispering into his ear, "I want Amber to hate me. It's a fact I cannot deny. Perhaps I am evil....but it's just how I am." She looked away into the trees. "Amber's been through more than you can imagine; she just doesn't remember it all..." She walked a little away and her back was to Saeilith. "That's the one justice I did to her; took away the memories she's better not having."