Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Bitterest Heart Refuses To Be Saved (Dris)

Started by Anonymous, October 25, 2009, 12:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Saeilith watched Shadow walk off and disappear into the shadows of the coming night. He just stood there staring for a while then he sighed. "And I didn't even get a good bye hug!" He laughed at himself. Sael sighed and walked off, back home, back to Amber.

(Time Skip here then? Maybe like two weeks?)

The sun had just risen, and Saeilith was oddly enough, returning to where Shadow had once disappeared. He had a hunch that she would reappear, but he might not be right . . .

Anonymous

Shadow frowned at the rising sun. The night was over, her time had ended. She stalked through the trees, and cut onto a path. She kept going, and suddenly, she spotted Saeilith. She went onto that path that he was on. She didn't know why the hell she was still there. One part of her wanted to run off, and the other to stay. She decided to stay. "Hello. Why are you here?" She didn't say it with much emotion.

Anonymous

Walking along the path, Saeilith took in the trees, the birds, everything. Something he hadn't done in a long time. It was when he heard Shadow's voice behind him that he almost lost all of his composure. "Well now, I was looking for you." Saeilith smiled. "Guessed I found you."

Anonymous

Shadow shook her head. "No, I found you." She walked over to him. "Missed me?" She started walking away. "Well, tough luck." She smiled to herself. She felt like bothering him as a kind of 'payback' for him bothering her. She just walked off. She didn't feel like running, because he would follow anyway.

Anonymous

Saeilith groaned as Shadow walked off. Payback was a bitch? He was going to make it fun. For a while he didn't follow, he just stood there and listened to the music of the forest. Then he began to walk leisurely the same way that Shadow had. Maybe with the big gap between them, when Shadow stopped and wondered if he was going to follow or not, he would pop out at that second.

Anonymous

Shadow realized he wasn't following, and thought, 'Ah, so he figures two can play at this game.' She began to walk faster, then ran. She ran in some random direction, as in these places, it didn't really matter where. She stopped. She had a feeling he was going to pop out of nowhere, but that was the fun of it.

Anonymous

Saeilith strolled along. It was a game. It had always been a game. Here he was, though, keeping his emotions under control, his love, and playing a game. A game of all things. He continued along, then he started to job. Then he began to run and run. He would surprise her.

(Ooc:// Sorry been so long, computer is messed, and been really busy, don't expect me to post too often for a bit, maybe the next two days then nothing.)

Anonymous

Shadow yawned, and sat down. She would wait for him to appear out of nowhere or hide and pop out sometime. She was a patient person..(sometimes) after all. She then lay on the ground, looking up into the trees. Ah, what nice weather...then, without knowing it, she fell asleep.

((I'll be gone too for a while! XD ))

Anonymous

Saeilith continued to run. But a sudden figure caused him to overshoot his destination. He backtracked to find that Shadow had fallen asleep on the ground. Sael laughed quietly and sat down on a rock a few meters away and waited for her to wake.

Anonymous

Shadow woke a little later, eyes opening slowly. She stared upward at the bit of sky visible. She realized Saeilith was there and turned her head towards him. She shook her head and sighed. "Why can I never outrun you, no matter what I do?" The hard look she gave him softened, just a tiny bit. "Why don't you just let me go?"

Anonymous

Saeilith was lost in his own thoughts. Jumbled all around. He really had no idea why though. His sat there, in a maze that he created. Why couldn't he get out? Why? He realized the answer just as Shadow came to. He listened to what she said. But it almost did not click to him. Then everything rushed back to him and he  shook his head in confusion. " Why I can't seem to let you go you ask?" Saeilith grimaced at what he was going to say. " Is it so easy to let go of your heart? Even one that is bitter and rotted? I think not."

Anonymous

Shadow's expression became one of anger. It was not directed at Saeilith, but towards herself. "Let go of it? I don't have a heart! Inside me it is hollow and dark, cold and empty! I don't feel love, I feel pain! A raw, terrible pain that reminds me my heart was ripped out and I was left to bleed..." She remembered it like it had been just yesterday. They were just walking in the forest, when he turned around and pinned her against a tree. Then, he got a knife in his hand. It glinted in the moonlight. He said, "All along, I was against you. You didn't see my lies? You truly are in love with me...pathetic." He stabbed her in the chest. While Kasumi was screaming from the pain, she knew she couldn't die. She couldn't escape the pain. The man stabbed her multiple times, threw the knife down into his fallen oppenent, and stalked off. Later, she hunted him down in a blind fury and killed him. The moment she killed him and vowed she would never love again, she became Shadow. Kasumi was dead.

Anonymous

Saeilith looked away. He didn't want to see her like this. She may believe that, but he knew deep within him, that she had a heart. A hunch. He walked forward, right in front of Shadow, knelt down, and put his ear to Shadow's chest, listening for the familier beating of a heart. Oddly enough, he almost agreed with Shadow before he faintly heard it. He removed his touch and glanced away, trying not to meet Shadow's eyes. "You may believe that you have no heart." Sael said. "But you are wrong. And it was not your heart I was talking about." He paused before finally looking into Shadow's eyes. "This could go on forever, me chasing you." He took a few steps back before continuing, not because he was scared or anything, just to give her space. "But you will not win, not when you have a heart." He bowed and sighed. "You see, whether or not you believe that you have changed, that you are no longer like you were before, I will be here to bring you back into the world so that you may live again."

Anonymous

Shadow stiffened as he walked closer. She didn't attempt to move though. She said, after he spoke, "No. You're wrong." She sat up. "I AM living. I don't need love in my life to live. In reality, I don't WANT to live at all." She started running away, and went to the river that she almost fell in earlier. Something went wrong in her brain. An overload of sorts. She wanted to stop remembering shit from the past and stop living shit in the present. The only solution? Dying, attempting to die, whatever. She leaped in the air, hoping to fall in the icy, flooded water and join its blackness.

Anonymous

Saeilith watched as Shadow stood up. He really had no idea what to do with her. Tie her to a chair and wait for her to come to her senses? That probably wouldn't work. His mind was working overtime, he failed to notice that Shadow had walked off. But suddenly, he felt a sudden jolt, as if someone no longer wanted to live. He broke his chain of thought and looked for Shadow. He just saw her as she jumped into the water and nothing. "Shit!"

He ran and dove in after her. The cold water hit him like a wall, but he was determined beyond all that he had before. He reached down deep and grabbed Shadow and dragged her back onto land. Checking a pulse, he swore he couldn't find one.

Anonymous

Shadow didn't mind the cold sweep of the water. It made her at ease, strangely. Rarely did one dive into a river to breathe water. She didn't care about the fiery sting it made in her lungs. It would pay off....It was fading, after all......

She was floating in a void. The nothingness wasn't good or bad...it was, well, nothing. She smiled to herself. Ah, it had worked...was this the afterlife? If it was, she didn't mind it too much. Suddenly, she saw a scaled head emerge from the darkness. It said that she was going back to the living. It needed her for further use. She was pissed. Shit. She figured out a way to die and the demon still wanted her alive. Shadow's eyes opened after a few minutes. She hated the return of the searing pain in her lungs. She glared at nothing and coughed a lot of water out.

Anonymous

Saeilith was suprised. Shadow just suddenly opened her eyes. He was relieved, happy, confused. But he didn't care. Not if Shadow was alive. He carefully reached forward and hugged her. Trying hard not to hug too tightly, or anything. But it was getting cold, and this way, he was happy, and he was keeping her from getting sick.

Anonymous

Shadow squirmed away from the hug. "I'm wet. You don't want a hug from me." She shook her head. That experience had reminded her she was a servant of sorts. A servant of a demon her father befriended. She was bound to him. She couldn't fool around here. "I really can't be here with you. Even if I really wanted to mess around here, I couldn't. I need to serve..." she didn't know what to refer to him as...and she hadn't refered to him as master in a long time. "...my master." She began to walk off as if she never 'died'. There was a purpose in her step, as if she was going to a particular place.

Anonymous

Saeilith watched her go. He really had nothing to do but wait for her to figure it out. He looked down into his hands, where he held an ancient artifact that did just what he wanted. Removing anything he wanted. Including the binds to a demon. He sighed, if only she loved him back. Sael sat down and waited. It could be days, months, years, but he would wait, even after she finds out that she is no longer bound, and even if she still runs, he would wait.

Anonymous

Shadow stopped. Something felt different. It felt terribly similar to before. She felt a huge dread and took out a knife. She cut her left arm. It didn't heal like it did before. She ran over to Saeilith and yelled, "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST DO?!" She gestured to her arm. "DEMON=IMMORTALITY! BAD!" She shuddered. She felt more pissed off than ever before. Serving the demon ment she got to be immortal. She did not want to be a mortal. Hell. No.