Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Bitterest Heart Refuses To Be Saved (Dris)

Started by Anonymous, October 25, 2009, 12:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Saeilith was at peace. Well . . . not that kind of peace. But it was all just peaceful. Then Shadow came stomping in. She shouted, she screamed. But Saeilith remained calm. He opened his eyes and looked deeply into Shadow's eyes, far deeper then he had before, straight to her heart. This way, she would have trouble looking away. "I only took away the demon, you failed to notice that your immortality has stayed."

Anonymous

Shadow blinked. She didn't feel like re-jumping into the river. Or stabbing herself. "But, Master, he was my master. You can't just....rrr.." She was so used to his presence in her it was damn weird for him to be gone. "I did NOT want you to do that." She looked at her sword. "Just, whatever you do....Don't ruin my sword..." She looked at it like it was her best friend. To be honest, it was her best friend. It kept her alive. It let her do her job. She wouldn't be who she was without it.

Anonymous

Saeilith smiled. "It seems that you no longer feel like killing youself don't you?" He paused, trying not to sound like a know-it-all. "But that is just the effect of the device taking away your . . . master." He sighed. "I am sorry though, that I had to do that." He looked confused when Shadow talked about her sword. But he got it soon enough. "As if I would." Saeilith sighed. "Why can't you just give in to me? Its not really that hard."

Anonymous

A fire came into her eyes as he asked her to just give in. "No. I'm who I am, and I'm going to do whatever I can to stay that way." She closed her eyes. "Hm...but, now that he's gone...it's emptier inside me." She walked over to him. "I need something...to fill this emptiness inside..." She kissed him with apassion. It was the passion of a woman who had never truly done such a thing for 250 years or so. "But, don't think you're my master now.." She whispered into his ear.

Anonymous

Saeilith raised an eyebrow. "I never said that you had to change who you were, I can't stop you." He shrugged. "I just wanted to see you in a different light, in a different form." Sael cocked his head and blinked. "I guess I am right now." At that point, Saeilith did not notice that Shadow had walked up to him. Though he did hear her words. Then she kissed him. What a feeling coursed through his body. He was on fire, but it felt good. As she removed her lips from his, she leaned in farther, her breath wrapping around his ear. "But don't think you're my master now." He heard her say. This time, he kissed her. "Nor will I ever will be, or want to be." Sael smiled. "But as long as I have you in one way . . . "

Anonymous

Shadow grinned. "But, you don't have me yet, kid." She sighed. "Look here. You know, no matter whose side you take, you'll get hurt. You have so many people after you right now, it's kinda sad considering all you wanted to do was help me." She looked into his eyes. "I'm going to ask you one more time. Please don't get in the way of my sister's vengence. She will kill you if you get in the way. I'm saying this to help you. Just don't. Plus, you have my father and a dragon demon to deal with. Quite a handful." She looked up at the sky. It was noon. "I'll meet you again at midnight. I have work to do...." She dissapeared in a cloud of darkness.

Later, Shadow came as she said. She stood in the middle of the clearing they were in before that day, her hands bloody along with her sword. Her eyes seemed redder than usual. She looked at the sky. A red moon. She had quite the job today. Difficult. But, it didn't matter. Her wounds hissed and healed, as usual. Only Amber could kill her. And it would stay that way. She looked around for Saeilith.

Anonymous

Saeilith gave a small half of a smile. "Well, Amber, for one, she, as far as I know, has not completely forgiven you, but I have convinced her to not get her revenge on you because it will only damage her soul." He paused. "though you may not believe a word I just said." He sighed. "I can deal with your dad and that dragon demon too, they may be strong, or they might not, but I will deal with them if they come after me."

"I'll meet you again at midnight. I have work to do...." Shadow disappeared without waiting for an answer. Sael shrugged. He had nothing much else to do. He  went to town and got a quick pack and filled it with some food and clothes, he might be camping there for a while. He returned to the spot quickly, and waited. Saeilith must have fallen asleep for the next moment, he was sitting against a tree, and it was night. At that point he saw Shadow again. He stood and quickly called out. "Shadow?"

Anonymous

Shadow looked up at the red moon. "Hey, kid. How are you?" She seemed dead tired, from both physical and mental exhaustion. "Can you stay...over there? I don't trust anyone these days." She sighed. "It's not midnight yet....I'll be fine then..." She sat on the ground, looking at Saeilith as if he were going to attack her at any moment.

Anonymous

Saeilith nodded. He was not one to evade someone else's territory when they did not want to . . . unless it was for a gain or there was no other choice . . . or it was for their own good. Sael watched Shadow watch him, with a glare that seemed to tell him that right now, he was the enemy. He would not do anything to hurt her or make her more tired.

Anonymous

Shadow stood like a person rising from the dead when it became midnight. She walked over to him in a manner that seemed more like gliding. The ghostly pale light from the moon made her look otherworldly. Her crimson-black eyes almost seemed to glow. She said in a ghostly whisper, "Is it true that you want me to love you?" She extended her hand gracefully, and a light reddish glow appeared on her fingertips. "If that is true, take my hand."

Anonymous

There was naught a thought on his mind as he watched Shadow straighten at midnight. He watched carefully as she walked toward him, much less, float toward him. Her voice echoed as she spoke. And before she had finished her words, Saeilith was already reaching forward, to take her hand. He would not back down now, how could he? Love was love, and he would do anything for it.

Anonymous

As Saeilith's hand grasped hers, the world before them turned into a void, as if a shade had been pulled away. The world, after fading to black, began to show color again. Everything was darker than before. But, they didn't seem to be where they were on the mountains, either. The moon was low, and red as blood. There was what appeared to be a lake, water black as ink and still as glass. She said to him, "This is the realm of Shadow, my place." The literal location of it was impossible to name. It was the place in between here and there- unknown.

Anonymous

Saeilith barely noticed the change until it had completely finished. Though a bit suprised, he did not show it. The world, here, it seemed, was darker, and much more sinister it seemed. But he did not care. He loved Shadow, worlds were of little different. "Quite a place you have here." Sael said. Not the least bit sarcastic. He continued to hold onto Shadow's hand.

Anonymous

Shadow looked at him with a serious expression. She guestured to the moon. "The moon...it used to be white...it has run red with the blood of those that have died by my sword." She walked up to the shore. She pointed to the moon. "You see, it's going to set soon. When the moon sets..." She closed her eyes. "That is the end."

Anonymous

The serious expression confused him a bit. He did not know what to say. The moon? Talking about how the moon had run red because of all those she had killed. "What do you mean that 'that is the end' when the moon sets?" Sael was confused still.

Anonymous

Shadow lowered her pointing hand, her eyes still closed. "That when the moon sets, that is the end...of me." She opened her eyes slowly and stared at the moon that looked like it was daring to set in a few hours. "It is low on the horizon....that means the end is near. But how near? Days, weeks, a month perhaps."

Anonymous

Saeilith just stared. He stared far longer then he remembered ever staring at anything or any person in his life. Then he slowly reached forward and wrapped his arms around Shadow and gave her a tight hug. When he released her, there was a flame in his eyes. "Then I will find a way to make you live forever."

Anonymous

Shadow hugged him back. When he released her, a flame appeared in her eyes also. "Do not even try. You don't understand the fine print. How I die cannot be avoided without someone dying. It's a sacrifice, Saeilith. You can't have us both. She'll find me..she'll kill me. When that moon sets...you must decide. Me or her or neither." She turned and said, "Oh, and what will she do when she finds me with you? It'll be chaos." She looked up into the starless sky.

Anonymous

Saeilith hissed and his voice grew stronger, this was something that he would not be beaten in. He would not let anyone die at all. Sael would never let anyone that he loved die again. His fists were clenched tightly, so tightly that blood dripped down from his hands. Oddly, his anger only grew. It seemed that it would not back down, he could no longer stop it. His eye began to turn from red to gold. His eye patch fell off. His hair began to turn blood red. Power coursed through him and he could not stop it. His expression turned dark. He would not, EVER LET ANYONE DIE AGAIN. His blood that dripped out evaporated before it could fall now. His skin was hot now. Sael screamed to the heavens as his bones realigned, but he could not stop now, he would have Shadow, or else he would die. Hissing in pain, Sael growled out. "I will have you no matter, what, Amber, and you! I can't live without both of you!" He grimaced in pain. "I know I am selfish, but even if it means binding you to me to keep you alive!"

Anonymous

Shadow whipped around. She felt the anger in the air, it penetrated her like an arrow. It made her neutral seriousness dissapear. It remained on her face, but inside her, her anger was raging, boiling. She knew who she was, and she didn't like it. She was....originaly...If he knew...

Shadow yelled at Saeilith, "You don't understand! You don't know who I am! You have us both already, and yet you only have one! I AM AMBER!"

It was something even Amber didn't even know. Their father had split the evil from Amber's soul and it had transformed into a being. Shadow knew, Amber, in the end, would kill her, to rid herself of the evil in her soul...