Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Feather and rock inn...

Started by Anonymous, May 03, 2005, 09:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

watching the door from his corner...Kestata enjoyed his drink which he got for only a copper and a story. the darkness from the night seemed to crawl in through the windows. the drunks were quiet and unconscious just the way he liked it. it gave him free roam in there pockets when the going was slow. there were a few travelers and there beasts in the paddock which he thought he'd visit later. he always had a nack for hearing the speach that other could not.

"to hear a horses coments about there day is so much more interesting then the rider" he thought.

he went to finish his drink when a figure came through the door...

Anonymous

Shana walked into the inn, hoping that it would be a friendly one.  The Feather and Rock Inn - it couldn't be that rowdy with a name like that could it?  She saw bodies strewn across the ground - drunk, but not dead.  There was a man sitting by himself in the corner, drinking something.  No one was manning the bar so she didn't bother going there first to ask for a room, instead she tentatively approached the man in the corner asking, "Excuse me, could I possibly sit here?"

Anonymous

"by all means" he said as he slid a chair out with his foot for her.
by the look of her she was a bard. the tell tale lute on her back gave her profession away.

"it would be nice to have some company, I just got off the road today and i'm looking for some new songs and storys" He said with a glint in his eye."and by the look of you know a few."

he got up and moved to the bar and reached for the guitar he had hidden behind it for safe keeping and put it on the table between them and went back. noded to the drunk under bar tender and leap over and got him self a mug of foaming ale and turned...

"would you like a drink?"

Anonymous

Serafin made his way into the main room of the inn and looked about himself.  The hand that grasped his oaken staff was beginning to tremble a bit from how much he depended on it to keep him on his feet, and he soon had to use both hands as he searched desperately for an empty chair.  When found, he began to go toward it, but after his many hours of travel his misshapen legs would support him no longer, and with an embarrassing 'whap' of his staff slamming to the floor, he stumbled to his hands and knees, gritting his teeth against the searing pain as he suppressed a curse, his hands closing into knuckle-whitened fists.  He struggled in vain to get back to his feet, the staff striking the floor once again as his knees buckled.

Anonymous

hearing a crash of wood on floor Kestata leaped over the bar and grabed the man by his underarms and helped him to the chair that Kestata was orginaly in.

"Allright there sir?" he asked with as much care as he could muster " that looked painful"

Anonymous

"Thank you, my lord, for your assistance," Serafin replied, shutting his eyes tightly, his face a bit paler than usual.  "I'll be all right in a moment."  He took a few deep breaths.  "I am sorry to be of any inconvenience, but you have been very kind.  I knew that I could not go much farther, but I had to try to make it here anyway, before nightfall.  There are too many wild animals about to make camp under the stars alone, and even the presence of a companion is often not enough."

Anonymous

Anylia walked into the inn casually. As she stepped inside, she took a moment to notice what kind of dump it was. Drunk men were sprawled across the floor, no dought one of them was the bar tender. A few people stood in the corner, but she paid no mind to them. The elf walked over to the bar and poured herself some ale. Eh, the bar tender probably won't even notice, she thought. Anylia took her jug and walked over to an empty table. A drunken man lay on it, and she carelessy pushed him off. After leaning back on the chair so that only two legs remained touching the ground, Anylia put her boots on the liquor covered table and silently drank her beverage in a relaxed manner.

Anylia really had no intension of actually drinking the liquid, but she was thirsty, and had unfortunately run out of water the day before. Ale certaintly was a vile drink, and the elf felt a need to spit it back out, but she swallowed it anyways, as to not to make a fool of herself.

This certaintly was a boring place, and Anylia just happened to be bored all ready. And drinking a disgusting drink wasn't going to cure this. Her natural night elf ways caught on and she decided to eavesdrop on the group in the corner. Surely, it can't possibly be as boring as the rest of this wretched village.

Anonymous

Serafin gave a half-bow of greeting to the stranger who had just entered the inn.  The pain was certainly not beginning to wear off, but it was slightly more tolerable than when he had first tried to get up.  He was now almost used to the embarrassment his infirmity often caused him, but it still was a bit humiliating in very public places--but then again, most of the people in this tavern were passed out drunk anyway.  To take his mind off the intense ache and the occasional searing muscle spasm, he took out his lute and began to tune it ever so softly so that its errant strings would not disturb the few who were not unconscious.

Anonymous

The night elf slightly cocked an eye brow at a man who had bowed at her entry, and politely made a small gesture of a bow in return. It wasn't in a night elf's nature to be polite, but then again, she was in human territory so all she needed to do was play along.

The man pulled out a lute. Anylia was surprised at the beauty he played. She hadn't heard a lute being played in a long while. In this case, the man played so softly, it felt like she was only imagining it. The soft tune slowly began to create a meltdown, and Anylia slowly drifted off to sleep.

Anonymous

The sight of a dark elf brought back so many memories, Serafin thought as he began to play when the lute was properly tuned.  Playing helped take his mind off the physical pain a little, though seeing a dark elf brought on a pain of a different sort, one that had remained even when he did not have to make use of his crippled legs to walk.  He wondered if he should speak to her, but he decided that he had better wait until later.

Anonymous

Seeing the older man take out his lute, Kestata couldn't help but grab his gitar and play a counter tune, the music slowly became clear to him as they played.

"do you deal in tales as well sir" he asked with a bit of childish glee.

suddenly a drunk got up with a stumbling push off. the man looked around and glared at Kestata. he saw a dagger in the mans hand and slowly got his wakisashi out of its sheath. the man came at him at a wavering run. as the drunk got close enough Kestata jumped to the side and slamed the hild of his wak into the mans temple. the drunk hit the ground hard.  seeing the man down good, Kestata sheathed his blade and took the drunks dagger, fliped it and grabbed it by the point and threw it into the top of a door.

"he won't get that tonight" he murmered as he sat back down and attended to his drink.

Anonymous

Serafin watched the encounter with slightly widened eyes.  "I--well, that was certainly kind of you to spare his life," he said somewhat uneasily, somewhat with a touch of amusement.  "And yes, I do deal in tales, sir.  It has been a while, but I do every now and then...just not as much as I used to..." As he spoke, his hand absently trailed the detailed design of the woodwork of his lute.

Anonymous

She had no idea why, but all of her dreams were vivid memories or reviews of her magical teachings when she was young. At least, all of them up until now. Her very strange dream started out like normal. She was looking into a book about shape-shifting. Although the elf thought this was a little strange, because she knew little about shape-shifting. But then again, maybe that's why she was reading the book. A recongnizable tune reached her ears, and Anylia looked up from her book into a blinding light.

Blue flames burned her hair to the roots, and crawled up her fingers. Behind them left a dusty track of soot. As a night elf, Anylia held no fear; after a while, most tend to loose that emotion. Still, she struggled against some unknown power to run. Soon, everything around her became white. So white, infact, that the elf had to squint...even if there was nothing to see.

The music she heard before was still playing when Anylia opened her eyes. Her face was cold, but her birthmark burned when she touched it. Seconds later, it dissappeared. Now it struck her that she had a nightmare; a very strange concept for a night elf since they were usually the ones creating them. Anylia hoped she hadn't done anything to make a fool of herslelf. For now, she had no real idea unless one of the strangers here decided to tell her.

Blood covered the ground and a dagger was stuck into the wall above the door. She turned around to look at the men in the corner. A dead man lay on the floor. Anylie figured that the crippled man hadn't done it, so she looked to the other stranger. "No need to show off, stranger," she said in a very lady-like voice. Anylia sat up and walked over to sit by the group.

Anonymous

Serafin hadn't thought Kestata had done more than give the drunk what promised to be a terrible headache come morning, but when he noticed the newcomer's reaction, he took a second look and saw that the man's life was in danger.  "I can't let it happen again," he murmured, setting down his lute as he struggled to his feet and made his stumbling way to the unconscious man's side, despite nearly passing out from trying to walk so soon.  "If only I had known this then..." he said as he put a hand to the man's bleeding temple and muttered words of healing.  The wound closed slowly, and the man's breathing returned to what would have been normal for a man who had merely passed out from too much ale.  Serafin made a relieved sound, but the effort at getting to his knees beside the man, coupled with having to concentrate despite the pain on healing the drunk, left him somewhat light-headed, and he put his hands against the floorboards to steady himself, trying to take deep breaths.

Anonymous

Anylai watched the older man heal the drunk. Oh, she thought, so he wasn't dead. Either way he was too close to it for comfort. She could handle watching someone being tortured, but watching someone die was very different.

She hadn't noticed it before, but now, as she thought about it, the elf had felt something. It was almost as if, when you watched someone die without helping them, their falling soul takes a little bit of your's along with it.

She watched the man's breathing become more regular. Who was she kiddinng? She just woke up from a nightmare, she's probably still shaken. Anylia rubbed her temple and wished that she could just fall asleep again.

Anonymous

"I guess I hit him harder then I thought." kestata said to the old man.

Anonymous

(ooc:  why does everybody think serafin is an old man?  his profile says he's only 23. and has anyone seen shana?)

"It is all right, sir," Serafin said, managing to get back to the chair himself.  "You were only defending yourself."  He looked at the three who shared the table with him.  "I don't believe any of us have been introduced to each other.  So let me be the first to say that I am honored to meet you all.  My name is Serafin, and though I am no stranger to these parts, I am merely passing through.  Like any traveling bard, the entire world is my home."

Anonymous

(ooc: I only called you "older" because I ran out of things to call you. I apologize for the lack of understanding on my part. I guess shana's not in this anymore..?)

"I am Anylia, a night elf. I too, am only passing through." The elf said, standing to give a slight bow.

(ooc:Grr...writers block...)

Anonymous

(ooc:  tis okay, kinda funny though, hehe, no worries)

"Anylia?" Serafin repeated, his memory catching the word.  "Can it possibly be that--" He shook his head.  "Never mind, it was only a story I once heard."  He was looking a bit sheepish as he waited for Kestata to introduce himself.

Anonymous

Anylia's head snapped back into the direction of the crippled man. She didn't wait for the other man's introduction. Something inside her flared, but she worked to remain calm on her exterior. " A story? What kind, may I ask my friend, Serafin?"