Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Feather and rock inn...

Started by Anonymous, May 03, 2005, 09:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"It's--it's just a story my master used to tell," Serafin said uneasily, trying as it were to 'cover his tracks'.  "The name just sounded a little familiar, one of the characters in the story.  But I'm sure it's just one of the many tales in a bard's memory that he made up near a hearth-fire."

Anonymous

The night elf leaned back in her chair uncomfortably. "Uh-huh," She said softly. Anylia wasn't satisfied with the answer, but she let it pass for now.

Night elf's were known for strange mood swings, this one did not try to hide that fact. She went back to her lady-like manner and now turned to the man who she personally thought liked to show off. Anylia smiled innocently to show she was paying attention to him.

She tried to keep her mind on the next introduction, but the hopefully-soon-to-be-told story kept nagging her attention away. Again, without waiting for his answer, she interupted, "Well, of course, after this fellow here introduces himself, I would love to hear this story of yours. I am a big fan of stories."

That was a lie. In fact, the night elf hated stories. Most of them were dull and all of them were pointless; well, except for this one. It would tell of how much this world knew of her. If it did so happen to be just a bard's tale though, then it would be interesting to see what kind of character carried her name.

Anonymous

Kestata was lost in his own thoughts of how his master had died then looked up then from his drink...

"oh, sorry...I'm Kestata Mesito. a bard from...I'm not sure where any more..." he said with a glance to the side. "i'm just passing through like you, on my way to the next town I come across. just wandering really..."

his gaze went back his drink...

Anonymous

"Oh," The elf smiled, "Well it's a pleasure to meet you Kestata. Now Serafin, what is this story of yours?"

Anonymous

(ooc:  i really will post a response, but i don't have time to think of a good one right now.  the library will close soon, and i'm forced to use their computers because i am temporarily monitorless, but never fear, i'll think of something soon i hope, and if i stay away too long before coming back to check, please send me a private message so i'll see it as soon as i sign in again.)

Anonymous

"Well," Serafin said, preparing himself to tell the tale, "my master--the bard Vladimir, if you have ever heard of him--"  Here a struggle with emotions upon saying that name flashed briefly across his face "--he used to tell this particular story during winter, when most people were indoors gathered around the fire.  It is a tale about a maiden whose name was Anylia.  She was a night elf as you are, milady, and she had stolen the heart of a man named Onzir.  Her face was as..."  

He began to describe Anylia in perfect detail, but he wasn't looking at her, and hadn't looked at her for some time.  He was staring somewhere into the distance, as if he were very carefully examining a speck of dust in the far corner of the tavern, reciting from memory the tale of Onzir and Anylia, the thought brushing his mind that perhaps his master was Onzir and Anylia this woman, but he was not fully certain; only she could say that.  But in the very least she brought back every memory of Vladimir that Serafin carried with him, and tenfold the pain of his loss.  

When his tale was complete, he fell silent again, the lute laying still in his lap, its strings untouched for a very long time.

Anonymous

((ooc: heh...sorry for the long absence...))

Anylia stared at the man for a while, caught with emotion. It was years since that inncident.(sp?...for some reason, I've been very forgetful lately... :( ) The detailed reminder of her past brought back new tears, but she forced them back.

Without saying anything, she stood away from the table and walked out of the tavern to what she new better as a traveler.