Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let's Get to Work

Started by Anonymous, June 05, 2010, 07:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Then we leave for the caves then. I'll meet you there obviously. I wouldn't ask of Morrigon to carry anyone besides her rider.", Angel said with the utmost seriousness in her voice.

Of course, This would take awhile by foot. Perhaps an hour or two if she used a much quickened pace. Angel may be clad in armor from the hips up but she was one of the fastest knights on the force regardless of the fact she was a magician. Of course though, She was no match for a dragon...FAR from it. Morrigon would be there in a few seconds if not faster by the looks of the distance on the map. She didn't mind it though. She needed to wait for Aria anyways and the time she would use to run to the Raider's base would be plenty enough time for her to return.

"We leave then?", Aria said stretching a bit before her trek across the Thunderblacks.

She was a strong woman...that much was obvious. She'd fight the Devil himself if she had to for her kingdom and without fear. A bunch of ragtag bandits were meant nothing to her. What they were doing was unforgivable and she'd make sure they'd pay...one way or another.

Anonymous

"Well, if that's what you want...but I think it's better for us to go as a group. That way we can both arrive at the main entrance at the same time." That way if they got suspicious of his arrival, they wouldn't be able to really do anything about it. They could attack at the same time, have the dragons watch the other exits, and there would be no one to escape. In his opinion, one that really mattered, it was a much better plan than have her hoof it.

Besides, waiting till a bit later was good anyway, since the raiders didn't often operate at night!

"Oh we'll wait for your dragon, Angel." Paenloch said with a wave of his hand. Morrigon got comfortable, setting down on her stomach with her front claws folded in front of her, almost like a cat would. Paenloch sauntered over to her and took a seat at her side, his back to her and grinning slightly. "Comfortable dear?" Came the comment from Morrigon. "Have a seat Angel...tell me a bit about yourself. It's not every twenty years I find someone willing to hold conversation with me." It wasn't that long ago since he had actually talked to someone, but really, if he could make her feel a bit sorry for him...all the better right?

"I might even share a bit about myself, if you can believe it." It would be one of those exchange of informations that was sometimes necessary in his world. He had to admit, he did like having something new to talk to, something that wasn't a dragon either, who either looked down on him, or was disgusted with him.

And this one was quite vulnerable to his powers! All the better.

Anonymous

Angel didn't mind that plan at all to be honest. She didn't want to waste Paenloch's time, that was all but if he didn't mind waiting. Aria also would make Angel feel better. Angel's bond with Aria may not be enough to block such a powerful telepath's power but she wouldn't be a sitting duck completely. He seemed nice enough but many could play the part. It wasn't his appearance or his obvious lust for emotions but it was his powers that worried her. Magic was one thing that struck fear into others who did know but telepathy was a different story. Magic COULD be combated with other means other then magic but without an equally or stronger mental power, A person was powerless to stop such a talent that Paenloch held. Angel was a smart girl, a magician needed to be strong in body, mind and spirit, but she had a feeling this wasn't enough...not even close to it.

"If you insist, that would be fine with me.", Angel said before she stepped over and sat beside him.

"Well...My life isn't that interesting to be honest. I have lived the life of a warrior, a soldier, then a knight but am still young and have much to learn being I am only in my mid-twenties. I am however half-elf which will ensure a much longer lifespan then an average human but I am no Immortal like the true elves or the like.", Angel said, finally resting back for the first time this day.

"You said it wasn't every twenty years someone was willing to talk to you...I assume you are indeed immortal or close to it?", She said with puzzled look on her face that needed an answer.

Immortals and the like always interested her. To live for such a long time...was it a punishment? Did it bare such rewards as incredibly knowledge? Did one love the freedom of never having to worry about death at least by age or sickness? Being a half-elf, Angel had a large resistance to the signs of aging or sickness but was not an immortal by far. Angel wondered also...what WAS Paenloch? Was he just a different kind of human or elf or was he truly something...different?

Anonymous

So she was afraid. That was good to know. If you had fear to your advantage, if you had the control of fear, you could control a person. She was nervous and worried about him, about his power, and he loved that. Being feared...it was absolutely delicious. That's what this girl was too...afraid of him, and he could control her with it. Nothing would be more perfect than having this little...soldier wrapped around his pinkie finger. The only thing he had to do...was...oh. During battle. Yes. Now he had a firm idea of what to do. How good would this be? Terrific if that. "Careful little Moth, don't fly too close to the fire." Morrigon warned him quietly, which he would take into consideration. He just wasn't sure he'd listen.

"So young, so still so fresh, still trying to figure the world out. What it is to be twenty..." He shook his head, chuckling to himself. That would be something now wouldn't it? Being twenty again, he could almost imagine it. Almost. It had been so long ago really...and he didn't even have a physical body for that matter when he had been twenty. She probably couldn't even perceive that, and it wasn't as if it was because she were stupid, but because it was something that wasn't part of her world.

"So far I have been around for...oh my...must be eight thousand years or so...and age has not touched me yet." Paenloch took her with a small shrug, not really interested in his own physiology. He never bothered to really understand it, just as most people didn't bother to understand why they only lived for so long before dying.

He looked over to her, smirking slightly. "Cosmic Phantasm is what we call ourselves. We're creatures born of an eddy of emotions...hence my...mmm...desire to feed on them. When you're nothing but a floating mind in a chaotic swirling void of emotional energy...you tend to want more." She was strong with her thoughts, and they were getting clearer. She should have expected he might be listening...though, he always could have guessed her next question. He'd let her come to her own conclusion.

Anonymous

Angel looked at Paenloch with a smile, It was funny really how easily he looked into her mind and answered her question. He knew a lot about her already and she knew it. But if he thought it was fear in her heart, he was mistaken. Fear was immobilizing, weakening, and was not thing something Ange felt. If he tried, successful or not, to probe her mind and control it, she'd fight with her last and would first burst into flames killing herself then allow someone to control her. If he was such a strong telepath, he would know her resolve. He could be much stronger then her...sure, no one should believe they are invulnerable but to underestimate her was foolish. She wouldn't jump to conclusions but was sure he had something to hide. She wasn't the telepath here...he was...

"A Cosmic Phantasm?...So my assumptions you weren't entirely human or human at all was correct...", Angel said looking into his eyes for a moment, taking him in for that instance.

"But you people shouldn't so quick to judge and I am a prime example of that. I have done so in the past and have...for a lack of a better term, been burned because of it. It's a smart thing and a sad thing at the same time. People SHOULD be able to trust others quickly but this world isn't like that....far from it...", She finished with a grim look on her face.

She had hope for the world...but everyday she realize hope was a funny thing. It allows us to accept fate, however tragic it might be. She'd do everything in her power to make this world, Adela in particular, a better and safer place to live. But there was only so much one woman can do...

Anonymous

Paenloch did know her resolve, he knew that she had a command that few actually did. She really would burst into flames than let him actually use her in anyway she didn't want him to. That of course...meant that she had to want him to do things. Heh. That was a particularly interesting thing, he never really had to do that sort of thing before. It was interesting to think about...just the idea of manipulating someone so? It was positively delicious really. He wasn't going to try anything here...not yet...he had to be sure he could actually do it...he had to be sure he could even try it. Maybe manipulate her...just a tad at first.

It would have to be done during the battle, when her mind was most focused on other things.

"Very smart little soldier. Though, I'm not exactly trying to hide it...everything is a rather dead give away." He wasn't exactly human or elf looking, not even close. He could have picked any sort of form of course, but this one just...stuck out in his mind for some reason...and now here he was.

"No, you're absolutely right...people should trust others quickly but...you shouldn't should you? You have no idea what some people are, what they might want...no, to trust another right away is a terrible idea...it may be rude but...it is the way things must be." He told her simply as he closed his eyes. It was funny really...he almost felt...guilty...no...bad maybe? He felt bad that he would just help to solidify her distrust of strangers.

If he got so far of course.

"You know, I don't often like meeting new people, but this so far has been quite pleasant. I'm glad I decided to get a closer look at the fight...never would have found such a fair beauty." He grinned underneath his cowl at her, his eyes alight with mischief as he winked at her.

Anonymous

Angel sighed at his smart little come-on. She had heard them all before, a woman in her status always had come-ons like that aimed at her. Angel didn't find herself attractive or ugly to be honest. She didn't care about what others thought, only what she thought about herself. If she was happy with who she was, which she was, that was all she needed. Proving her worth to the men of the army was just an extra perk with a job well done. But Paenloch...He was obviously different. A smart, smooth talker. A manipulator obviously of people let alone women but he had that swag that made all that obvious yet probably irresistible to most women. Angel was different, no matter the looks, the status, the strength...it took much more to win her heart then gifts and smart comments and batty eyelashes.

"Lucky for me I suppose.", She said with a sarcastic smile before looking over at Morrigon.

What a fine beast...Not many Dragons like her anymore in the world or Aria for that matter. Once they covered this world but now they are were a proud few compared to before making them even more of a sight to behold. People didn't understand how special a bond was between a rider and the dragon unless they were a pair such as them or Angel and Aria. But like Rider like Dragon and Angel couldn't help but feel these two have been up to no good for quite some time. Angel had made sacrifices before though and if she needed to put herself out like some sort of mental bait to make this world safer then so be it. She just hoped she wasn't putting her trust in someone who would betray her.

"Listen, You know what I am thinking Paenloch and I am no fool. Let's get this straight. I don't really care what you do as long as I am not ordered to stop it but don't play with me. Regardless of the fact we are allies for now, I will not be a puppet like I bet others have been in your time. Be frank, What are looking to get out of this if I may be so bold?", Angel said with a most serious of faces aimed at him.

"I have been betrayed before, But as you can see I am still here regardless of the underhanded schemes of others. I am not someone to mess with regardless of my age, race, or gender. Do you understand?", She said with great strength behind her words.

"If your reasons behind helping are evil ones towards Aria or I, Then we part ways now and I will ignore the fact we met. If not, Then I will accept you and Morrigon as an ally for now and perhaps further but the Gods be my witness, I am not playing a game.", She said, not blinking once during her words.

Anonymous

A male could try, couldn't he?

Paenloch was really just trying to pass the time before the battle, and really this was one of the ways that he knew how. Messing with a person's mind. He was good at it after all. The compliment wasn't anything special of course, he could have tried to was poetic if he wanted to. He of course, found no reason to, since she was one of those...prudes. How fun they were...he'd broken one or two in his time...even one that claimed she was a princess. She wasn't of course, once he got into her mind he found she was just a hand maiden. She had still been incredibly fun too...but alas, that was so long ago. She seemed one of those rather prudish ones, and would be an incredible challenge.

"Oh my, such harshness. I like it." He grinned and chuckled to himself, shaking his head. She was a feisty little thing wasn't she? If only he could really get her to be something. That however wasn't going to happen now was it? At least not with her current disposition...maybe he could...change that. But as he thought before...not right now.

He laughed as she started to stand up to him. That was really interesting, and very bold of her. He couldn't say he really didn't expect her to get to this particular stage so quickly. He listened, and watched her, very carefully, wondering what she was trying to get at. Betray her? Well he never claimed to be on her side of course, so he couldn't betray her. If she thought he was on her side, well that was just silly. This wasn't really even a claim of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" because...well, the raiders weren't his enemies. They were his food source after all...why take that away from him?

"It's not a game? How silly of me to think so. I'm not sure you could call them evil reasons...but can you blame a creature, born from hatred, from lust, from anger and jealousy, from raw unburdened emotions? That's all I am. An immortal being, with great mental powers that gives me dominion over lesser minds...can you blame my personality? My reasons? My wants and desires? Think of it as a challenge...that's what you do don't you? Rise to the occasion?" He took his Halberd from beside him, holding one finger up. Slowly the finger began to morph, extend into a long razor sharp claw. "I'm not playing a game either Angel. I am bored, I am horny, I am giving up a food source, and I am oh so powerful. This is how I relieve myself of boredom Angel." He began to run the claw along the halberd's blade, sharpening the blade.

"Life...should be about a balance. I'm helping you, be grateful of that. You should consider yourself lucky that I actually respect you for being a dragon rider. Your magic is strong...but your mind is untrained...I could shut you down right now and do whatever I pleased with you...while you just watched." Paenloch laughed as he continued to sharpen the halberd. "Upfront and honest though...I won't. It's not fun. You're a good soldier, a beautiful woman, and an interesting conversationalist. Something I rarely get to deal with for...obvious reasons I'm sure. So just relax. You are safe though while this little mission happens. Afterwards...we'll just have to see." Paenloch set the halberd down beside him and looked at her, smiling under his cowl.

"But I will try to get inside your head. It's what I do. However...we are your allies, you couldn't hope to have anyone better. You may have magic and a dragon, but those caves can be the death of you if you aren't careful." He explained to her carefully, his eyes locked onto hers, his face looking as serious as it could with it being half hidden.

"This doesn't have to be unfriendly, we don't have to be enemies. You just have to remember that I am different, that I am very...very different."

Anonymous

Paenloch's words seemed true enough and as he said he had nothing to hide. With a small huff, Angel crossed her arms and gave him the one over once more. Was she truly willing to put Aria in such danger...She did not care about her own well being so much but her partner meant the world to her. He was right about one thing for certain though, Dragon and Fire magic withstanding, The caves could still be dangerous even for them alone and if she was truly wanting these Raiders gone then an alliance of some sort had to be made. He assured her of his talents and willingness to be allies for the time being but his admittance of underhanded wants and desires left room for mistrust. Untrained mind or not, She'd try her best to keep it safe from him. Memories he could have, He could see all the way back to her first days if he wished of her, but she would rather die then allow any creature, human or not, to take advantage of her. No matter what she said though, it seemed he had his mind set on what he was going to do...or attempt to do at least. For now...They were allies and that's what she wanted to hear.

"Fine...That will do for now I suppose. I don't mean for us to be enemies at all, if I required your help or not. I do not make unwanted enemies and you can do what you please just not with me...", Angel said before relaxing her expression a bit to a more friendly one.

"...But thank you for sharing all of that with me.", She said...wishing he hadn't mentioned his horniness at least...

"Whatever you are, I'll put aside because for now you are an ally.", She said before looking up to the sky with a pleasant smile.

Aria had returned, The large diamond scaled dragon descended from above. A beautiful creature with emerald green eyes, three horns, and claws and teeth that shimmered like the precious scales on her back. No wonder these creatures were one of the most hunted in the land...their scales alone could make a man a lord or much more in any land but the cost was great. Facing one of these creature meant certain death to the untrained and even the greatest of Dragon hunters felt fear when in contact with something of Aria's magnitude and strength.

"Aria...It's good to see you again...", Angel said with a caring voice as her partner landed gently onto the ground as if she didn't weigh tons.

With their bond, Aria was filled in almost instantly of the happenings and what went on during her short leave from the area. No thoughts or words were needed for the two of them to converse...just their hearts and Aria gave Angel all her concerns and "word" in a split second. Angel brushed her companions nose gently to insure her it'd be alright and as long as the two were relatively close, Angel's mind was more heavily guarded. Aria was completely safe from such techniques however...even magic was relatively useless but her mind is what this breed of dragon pride themselves on. It's how they survived for so long with such a high bounty on their head. Angel though...was a different story.

"Well, It seems our party is gathered. Will you and Morrigon show us the way?", Angel said, feeling much better with Aria there.

Angel was safe...being so close to Aria but when they split up during their plan to invade the cave, that distance would be enough for Paenloch to be able to take completely advantage when he so desired once again. These thoughts however weren't really important right now. Angel would enjoy the ride as always and would battle as if it was her last against the Raiders. That was her first priority...

Anonymous

Oh she could definitely end up getting herself killed if she attacked the stronghold by herself. A dragon wouldn't be able to fit in the caves that they used, the raiders having specifically chosen it for that exact reason. It meant that Angel would be really without her dragon...and in the darkness of the caves, twisting, winding routes...she'd no doubt end up skewered...or even worse. A female knight amongst all those debauched individuals? Wouldn't go over very well for her. Really she was actually safer with Paenloch, despite him enjoying a challenge, he could see when he would really be beaten. Sure, he had some pretty tricks that he could do with his mind, but there was always his survival instincts.

"If I can't be brutally honest, what can I be?" He told her with a laugh. She was uncomfortable with the idea of him being aroused was she? Interesting indeed...it was all natural however, and why she couldn't understand that was beyond him. Maybe he'd get her to open up later...take a look in that brain of hers to see what was what.

There had to be some very interesting explanations.

"Glad to hear that. I wouldn't want to be your enemy." Oh far from it really! An enemy was one thing...but she seemed to take her job seriously, and being called an enemy could mean anything. Dungeon time for one thing, and without Morrigon around it would be a dismal experience. Not to mention, how would they define "life imprisonment" if he could live forever?

The return of Aria had been felt long before she had been seen. She was a rather good dragon when it came to her mental capabilities, but Paenloch hadn't survived on just his good looks and wit alone. He wouldn't dare try too much against the dragon, it would be wrong. After all, he couldn't do anything with Aria. She was in no danger from Paenloch. Angel however, was a warm blooded female humanoid, which spelled trouble from the Cosmic Phantasm.

The exchange between Aria and Angel was a quick one, and had Paenloch not been paying attention, he would have missed it. Such a strong bond, like the one he shared with Morrigon...but an emotional one. A deeper emotional one. It was strange to see such opposites...Paenloch was almost a little jealous of it. "Really? You want a deeper emotional connection with me? Then why not open your mind and let me in dear Paenloch, I could show you a world like they have." Morrigon taunted him quietly, just getting a grin from him. "I may be old but I'm not stupid." He simply replied, getting a slight chuckle from the large dragon.

"We'd be more than happy to." Paenloch replied as Morrigon helped him onto her back, holding the reigns with one hand, the halberd with the other. The great dragon gave a few hard flaps of her wings and was airborne rather quickly. With Morrigon leading the way, it gave Paenloch time to test the strength of Aria's mental fortitude. It was impressive of course, as were a lot of the dragons, and the backup that she offered Angel was rather nice...the only problem being Paenloch had found the weaknesses of her mind beforehand. She was emotional, it made her defences weak, and it had given him time to set out the tendrils. Granted, he couldn't make her do anything, or feel anything anymore, like he had when she kissed him...but...he could still do this.

"Once we land, Morrigon will take Aria to one of the other exits, then she'll fly around to the last one. When Morrigon is in place, she'll give me the signal, and we'll be able to move in. It will give me time as well to tell what sort of creatures are within the cave...raiders have been known to take on interesting...pets." Paenloch explained quietly to Angel, though for the girl it probably sounded like he was right beside her, talking into her ear. Some found it disturbing, some found it fascinating, who knows what she would think it.

Anonymous

Angel watched Paenloch mount, Morrigon and take off knowing she would need to do so as well. Angel, however, didn't require reigns or even a saddle. Her powers linked Aria to her more then simply emotionally but physically when she needed to ride. To knock Angel off of Aria was no simple task...not at all and Angel could stand on her partner's back as if it was the firm ground below. This made casting magic as easily as if she was placed on a stable surface and no matter the sharp turns and spins Aria took, Angel was there.

"Let's go Aria. Follow them please.", She said, not really needing to but it was always nice to speak to her friend every now and then.

They took off behind the other two quickly and used the break in the wind Morrigon was created to simply coast behind her gently. There was nothing Angel enjoyed more then riding. It made her feel such a way that words couldn't begin to describe the joy that she felt. If she wasn't following others and if she didn't have to keep her eye on Paenloch, She would have closed her eyes and simply enjoyed the wind beneath her hair. Today though she rode to battle...more then one it seemed.

"That sounds like a fine plan.", Angel thought, knowing all too well that Paenloch could hear it after his mental words were uttered.

She didn't mind his powers...She respected them but as long as it simply was just memories he was grabbing and words he was uttering. She couldn't bring herself to completely trust him and for good reasons. Even he said what he was and to be honest...She wouldn't normally resort in using such an alliance but she was out of options. With that scout group of Raiders taken in and her being without reinforcements, The Raiders in the base would move and hide elsewhere making it nearly impossible to locate again and she couldn't allow that.

"Let me know when we reach the stronghold and I'll alert Aria to get into position.", She mentally uttered with a smile looking forward to battle.

She WAS a Knight after all...Battle is what she did...

Anonymous

Paenloch wasn't as lucky as Angel, not having the ability to simply fuse himself to the dragon under any conditions. Even if he COULD do that, he still would have reigns. What if something went wrong after all? Paenloch didn't have the ability to stop himself from falling wildly to the ground anyway, so why bother risk it? Why bother take the chance...sure, Morrigon was able to rescue him easily no doubt...but free falling always felt odd. Perhaps it took him back to a simpler time...a time when he was just a mind floating in space.

As good an explanation as needed.

"Such a lazy flyer, you don't ever see me coasting behind other dragons." Morrigon commented to Paenloch, who just had to laugh. It was a rich sort of laugh, a laugh right from the core. While he could be a creature of intense hatred, of anger, jealousy, of pain and suffering...he could be one of laughter and happiness...he just...wasn't often. Yeah.

"Glad you agree, I'd hate to have to change such a plan." He spoke with humour in his voice, which must have been a tad...strange to hear. He was starting to feel a bit...ugh, he wasn't even sure. It must have been Angel, if he fed off emotions, he often...started to exhibit them, and she was so...bubbly. Maybe that was why he was afraid of cities...of being infected with such positive emotions. Negative ones filled him up the most after all, but he couldn't imagine feeding solely off positive emotions.

"When we get there, we'll land first, then Aria and Morrigon can get into position." Paenloch explained once more, wanting the plan to go perfectly. He didn't want for something unexpected to happen, for them to deviate from the plan.

"Did I just feel...excitement from you? No...battle lust. Are you excited about the upcoming battle? Oh I'll make a Phantasm out of you yet." Paenloch joked with her as he turned around to look at her, waving with his halberd. She was right though...the battle was going to be fun.

Anonymous

"Understood...", Angel's mind uttered the response before getting a clear view of her surroundings whilst standing on Aria's back.

The Thunderblacks was a fine place, perfect for Dragons with the large expense of land and very few hiding places for prey but that also was the same case for these Raiders. They found probably one of the only true hiding places for them to operate from and normally such strategic placement would impress Angel but what they were doing was wrong. Taking advantage of the weak and completely helpless was something Angel couldn't stand. The Raiders knew it was difficult for the Knights and Soldiers from Ketra to get to the Thunderblacks and that the people were helpless to stop them. Pillaging, rape, murder...These were just a few things they were all wanted of and Angel was sure to make them suffer...at least before she handed them over...or what was left of them at least. That was one of the perks of being a Knight...Judgment was oh so sweet to pass onto those who deserved it.

"Hahahaha, Is it that surprising? I am a Knight after all. I wouldn't be one if I didn't enjoy battles at least somewhat. It has been some time since I have fought such numbers of enemies with such few yet talented help.", Angel said mentally before smiling and looking at her hands.

They burned...It was that time. She would fill that cavern with flames by the end of this day. The White Flame was a gift yet a painful and dangerous one. If Angel didn't practice everyday and expel the excess fire within her, It would either get out of control or kill her...burn her from the inside out. She had nearly experienced this before when she first had gotten the gift as a child. Not knowing what it was, Angel thought nothing of the burning sensation she felt in her hands until she nearly burnt down her home one night. Angel's mother thought that with Angel being half-human, she wouldn't acquire the gift and there would be nothing to explain but oh how she was wrong. From that day forward, Angel vowed to never let it get out of hand again...

"It doesn't take a telepath to feel you are excited as well Paenloch. Let's make this battle a wondrous one.", Angel finished before signaling Aria to prepare for the coming battle.

Anonymous

Oh she was a silly little thing wasn't she?

The dragons had been smart creatures to live in the Thunderblacks, a sustainable fortress for them really. There was nothing there that could really hunt them easily, it kept all the nasty predators away, and it gave them the much needed space. Of course...there were some things in the mountains that really hindered the creatures...like cave systems they couldn't get into, and the ones they couldn't flush prey out of using their breath attacks. Of course, people had to leave eventually, so the dragons would win in the end, they could outlast and outsmart.

"You think yourself so pure though, in such a white light, and here you are, with such a shadow casting across yourself. I'm not saying it is terrible at all, the exact opposite of course...it's a very sexy fit." He laughed quietly in the back of her head, looking over his shoulder once more to view his potential...target. Just what she was going to be anyway?

He could decide that later, right now he had well...something to deal with. A little battle was going to take place...then he could worry about what she was.

"Oh my excitement was never meant to be hidden. Well...heh, nevermind." It was a dirty little joke that would take a while to explain no doubt. He decided to just keep it to himself however. He gave a tug on the reigns, causing Morrigon to suddenly start toward a mountainside. "Here is where we get off Angel. Morrigon will lead Aria to her position once we have landed." Paenloch explained before Morrigon started flapping her wings, slowing her until she was just upon a ledge in front of a large hole in a cavern. Paenloch let go of the reigns and slid off of her back onto the stone below. He held onto his halberd and gave a nod to the dragon, who nodded back to him. Paenloch chuckled to himself and then looked to Angel and Aria.

"Go with Morrigon, Aria. She will take you to the exit now, you must cover it and ensure none escape." Paenloch turned to his new companion and grinned, hefting his halberd onto his shoulder. "Do you want to go in there, ask them to surrender their arms, or shall we just...attack the first one we see?"

Anonymous

"I never said I was pure. I am a knight, not a saint.", Angel thought before nodded at Paenloch's cue to land.

But landing wasn't necessary with Angel, Not exactly. With a quick pass where Paenloch had landed, Angel simply jumped off Aria with not so much a worry in the world. The fall would clearly injure if not kill her...if she hadn't done this time and time again. With a quick snap, flames burned below her feet causing a sudden updraft for her to land with a small thud on the cliff surface unharmed. A quick landing could make or break a Dragonrider and Angel knew that all too well.

"Go Aria, Be safe...Give them hell.", Angel said as she saw off both Dragons with a gentle smile knowing such powerful creatures would be alright, especially together.

"No...We use the element of surprise and tear them asunder. Aim for injury, not death please and try to quickly seal off their exits if you can. If you can't...Then do what you must. I'd rather see them all dead then see another civilian caravan pillaged as bodies lay about in the wreckage. I had orders to "take care of the raider threat". There was no REAL indication they needed to be alive.", Angel said clenching her fists as she prepared for battle.

Angel hated to use such tricks to blow away an enemy but they were clearly going to be outnumbered...but never outmatched. She'd show them that crime resulted in harsh punishment...either jail-time or death for the lot of them. No Court hearing, The judgment is passed down by Angel and Angel alone. This was one of the largest perks of being a Knight...making those who deserved nothing suffer.

"Oh...But I steal for my family...my children...my...", Angel said mocking some pleas she had heard before.

"A load of crap, Stealing is one thing but pillaging, killing, raping...These things are simply not necessary and is what has sealed their fates today.", She said as if she was a completely changed person...no pity for those who shown no mercy to the weak...

Anonymous

She did think she was pure though, maybe just pure in body, but maybe she was not pure of mind. How interesting. He kept his thoughts to himself, not wanting to say anything wrong. After all, he was trying to be...nice...trying to convince her otherwise. Though he had already said he was anything but that, but for now he was playing along with her.

And she wanted to be quiet about it? Morrigon was good at being quiet for such a great beast, but this woman was making fire, hot enough to stop herself from falling quickly. It was a bit of a showy little thing, but he made no mention of it. She should have just...done what he had done...but it was too late for that now, wasn't it? Not that he much cared of course, if it attracted the raiders the fight would just begin sooner.

There wasn't a thing wrong with that in his eyes.

"So..." Paenloch reached to scratch the back of his head in confusion. Don't kill them, but kill them because it was okay? To hell with it, he was going to do whatever he wanted with them. They were weak anyway...their minds so soft and so easy to crush. He smiled to himself at that thought. So very easy to crush. He reached out with his mind to listen to theirs, to hear their thoughts and to know how many were there. He started to sift and sort the different voices, the different thoughts of the people that they would be attacking. Eventually he had it all sorted out, and was surprised by a few of them.

He was shocked by her sudden outburst, his eyes looking to her and staring at her. She was a very strange creature wasn't she? He liked that though, he loved the strange ones. Heh heh. She was the strangest one so far though.

"Well, aren't you just a fiery little thing. I hope you're ready though...I count thirty four humans, three elves, six beast people, a goblin, and what I believe is one very large, very dangerous tiger-like creature." Paenloch rattled off the numbers to Angel, watching the cave entrance carefully and peering into the darkness. This was going to be a real adventure. He lifted his halberd and headed for the entrance. "Well, let's go have some fun, since it's the only kind you want to have." He told her, his tone almost bored as he spoke. It wasn't exactly boredom though, it was actually more like...emotionless. He was preparing for the battle that would be happening soon.

Anonymous

Angel took in the information Paenloch spoke and kept a mental number and picture of them in her head. Her hands burned as she pressed her middle finger against her thumb, preparing to snap a flame once she saw her opponents. She stepped aside Paenloch closely and looked about the cave with such a focus that it seemed the fire would blast out of her eyes instead of her hands.

"I'll assault the creature once I see it. From experience fighting these raiders, I believe it will be our biggest threat but that doesn't mean we should underestimate or forget about the rest. Though I will say this, Human's tend to run and panic when their friends are aflame.", Angel thought, hoping Paenloch was still peering into her mind as before.

And there she was...In the cavern...about to have one hell of a fight...

"Let's begin...", Angel said, rubbing her fingers together gently when she saw her first group of opponents...

Anonymous

She could definitely be a scary thing couldn't she? Not that he minded of course, it was quite...interesting to see. All he had to do was keep that adrenaline rush going in her, eventually her body would become so sensitive, yet it would want to keep moving, keep working, keep going. He could use that against her...oh how he could use that against her.

"You'll do no such thing. The creature is hungry, on a chain, and kept at a distance with swords and spears. I will handle the creature myself, I can handle it. You worry about the men who can hurt you." Paenloch explained to her. The beast, from what he could see, was beautiful, there was no point in letting it be killed at this point. Besides, letting it be sent into the mountains to cause fear and panic. Something could come of this that was good at least.

"Yes, let's get started. And don't use the fire, draw your sword or whatever weapon you have, you want them alive remember?" Besides, if she wanted to kill them, she would do that with fire. It would give him nothing to do, and then why bother asking for his help? Deftly he spun the halberd around in a circle before dashing at the first group of opponents. There was only six humans, two beast men, and an elf in this little group, and they had not been prepared for the assault. They just had weapons, their armour still laying around. Excellent.

Watching Paenloch fight was like watching a graceful acrobatic at work. The halberd was not weapon, but simply an extension of his body. It swung and sliced with such accuracy, his body twisting and contorting to dodge the attacks sent at him. The sound of men screaming, of metal smashing against metal was heard in the little group that Paenloch was fighting. As she said, no killing, and so he didn't aim for anything vital, no stabbing in the heart, no aiming for necks, no slicing of any vital veins or anything important. For such a tall person, Paenloch appeared to have this whole thing down pat. Beast men fell first, having used both his long claws and halberd to slice both arms and legs to disable them. They were the ones that he worried about, because they could be quite powerful opponents, take them out first and worry about the humans and the elf.

The loud twang of a bow caught Paenloch's attention, and his shoulder as an arrow stuck out of it. It was automatic however, the pain cluster was cut off, endorphins were sent into the blood stream, and his adrenaline was pumping. "Any time you want to join me would be nice. They're all focused on me so it gives you a chance to STAB THEM WHEN THEY AREN'T LOOKING." Paenloch's voice in her mind was loud, as if yelling at her through clenched teeth.

Anonymous

Angel enjoyed the way Paenloch fought and was impressed in his prowess on the battlefield but this wasn't the time to sit around and let a stranger do all the work. She couldn't help but laugh a bit at his, "Don't use fire", comment and she flickered her fingertips a bit sparking a flame...a bit different then her normal...BURN EVERYTHING spells. She was a Mage-Knight...Not a fool. She knew how to handle opponents without burning them to ashes. She saw an arrow pierce Paenloch's shoulder and sprung into action, knowing all to well Paenloch didn't really NEED the help but this was her fight originally, not his.

"On it sweetheart...I'll help you take out the arrow later.", She thought playfully before brandishing...a whip made of fire.

This wouldn't kill them...no, just burn them where it struck and would make quick work of the elf who fired an arrow at Paenloch as well as a few humans. Angel spun for a moment, giving the whip momentum, before launching at archer and his bow. It burst into flames quickly and before he could react any further, Angel lashed the whip out once more, smashing the curved fire against the elf's chest. From the force, The man spun and fell to ground now smoldering a bit but he'd be alright.

Just then, four others, all human from the looks of it, charged at Angel, trying to break her range and forcing her into melee but Angel was a knight...not a little mage girl in a tower studying magic. Her fighting style was a mix between dancing and ribbon work if one were to look at her. Her graceful movements and careful placing of her hand made the whip dance about her, lashing out at her opponents one by one while keeping them at bay. Angel, however, wasn't a war god and even with such skills, she failed to realize another human in the shadows of the cavern throw a net upon her to stop her graceful assault against his allies.

"A net?! Really...Do I look like a wild boar?", Angel thought to Paenloch but had a serious tone to her "words".

The net wasn't meant for boars or even humans but for dragons. It was made of some sort of heavy steel and it was obviously flame resistant as her whip only sparked upon the many lines the net had. She tried to struggle free but the weight alone was nearly forcing her on all fours and the Raiders only edged closer with their blades. Angel only looked at them and decided that...until Paenloch came over to aid her a bit...she'd rather keep them at least a bit away.

"Incendia Exuro , Extraho Flamma , Unus Secui Abyssus Aestuo..."

As these words left Angel's mouth, she filled the area under the net with intense flames which didn't break the net but caused the weaving in the net to work like a funnel to spread the flames about and around her...keeping the raiders at bay but she wasn't sure for how long and this was painful, even for her to endure.

Anonymous

He didn't know the capability of her powers really, the exact power that she had over fire, so he was worried that it would get quite out of hand, and end up just roasting everyone including himself. He wouldn't actually doubt it really, considering that she probably didn't see him in the best light. One less psychic psycho out of the world, nothing wrong with that was there? He'd just have to be careful, a little wary of her particular attacks. Hopefully she wouldn't use that aggression that she had upon him and end his life.

"It's only an arrow, I'll deal with it when needed." This arrow was slim at least, it wouldn't be too painful, and it wasn't poisoned either. Oh how good that was too.

He was too focused on his own opponents to really pay attention to what his fighting companion was up to. There were some odd sounds going on, but he wasn't really able to look away from his opponents. He was too busy ducking, dodging, and defending against the attacks of the swordsmen and one axe wielding raider. The axe man was dispatched quickly with a nasty slice down his back and across his legs, cleanly disabling him. The halberd was nice and sharp, which would do well to cause painful stinging for him. He'd be down for a while.

"Anything but that, lovely Angel." Paenloch sent back as he turned his attention to her for just a moment to see her in the net. He could only smirk slightly before his attention was back to a swordsman who was attacking him. Paenloch simply batted the sword from the man's hands before reaching out and grabbing the fellow by the neck. His invasion into the man's mind wasn't difficult, he was looking for the right spot in the brain that controlled motor functions. The man struggled, but Paenloch's arms kept him at bay as he tried to find the correct spot. Finally, the man fell limp, his eyes open still and full of fear. Paenloch discarded the man's body and hefted his halberd, looking toward Angel under the net, fire all around her to keep men at bay.

Plucking an axe from the ground, he hurled it toward on of the men around Angel. It sliced into the man's shoulder blades, sticking out like a new appendage, which caused him to yell in pain and try to grab at the weapon in his back. That's when Paenloch charged, with the men distracted, confused, and now with one disabled by an axe...it was anarchy and chaos. The swordsmen around her were easily to dispatch, most of them scared by the fire and the tall halberd wielding psychic. It took only a few moments to either break arms, or cause disabling wounds. They weren't incredibly creative wounds of course, but they would all live.

"You can turn the fire off now Angel, and take the net off. It doesn't really suit you. Now leather and chains...that's a different story." He commented as he stood not far from her, out of the range of the fire and her wrath. Just in case she didn't particularly like his comments.