Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Moonlight on dark water (Rhi-Rhi)

Started by Anonymous, August 29, 2010, 05:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"You three? Against that thing?" Hatame tossed Uxia a sidelong look over his shoulder, green eyes wide. It had killed her companions and nearly killed them in the process. Had whoever sent her known how dangerous that thing even was?

Looking straight ahead again, he shook his head ruefully. "Well...you did what you came to do."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Yes. And we should have been able to kill it. We were careless." Uxia stiffened on Hatame's back, feeling her pride had been insulted, "We are the Order of the Moon. It is what we do. I have hunted greater things than that beast."

Rhindeer

"Order of the Moon?" Hatame tilted his head curiously. "What's that? And, well, Order of the Moon or not, it was a tough bastard. And a demon. We were lucky to get out of there at all, Uxia."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

The fact he hadn't heard of the Order didn't really surprise her. While they were well known, it was uncommon to meet people that didn't know of them, "It's an ancient order dedicated to destroying demons and undead."

His last comment irritated her, but she knew that was just pride. Foolish pride had gotten her friends killed and she needed to not cling to it. She was silent a moment, taking a deep breath, "You are correct. I wasn't strong enough. I apologize."

Rhindeer

Blinking in surprise, Hatame frowned back at Uxia--or at least did the closest approximation of one. "What? No, no, that's not what I meant. You were plenty strong. I just meant--" He cut off, deciding the demon was stronger probably wasn't what she wanted to hear right now, not judging by the irritation his last comment had sparked. Which he supposed made sense, considering this 'Order of the Moon' was all about demon-killing.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. We got out of it," he said instead, and picked up his pace.

It was a while longer before they reached the village, and by then Hatame felt close to dropping. He heaved a loud sigh of relief as he trudged past the gates and scanned the area tiredly for an inn or tavern or something. "Have you been here before?" he asked on a yawn, the last word slightly distorted by it.

Anonymous

"Once. We just passed through." Uxia chose to not comment on the rest of what Hatame said. She didn't really want to be drawn into a debate about her lack of skills. Once she was rested, she would train. Train long and hard until there was nothing else, just the smooth empty stillness.

She slid off Hatame's back, her legs weak though she did her best to not show it. Taking a deep breath, she scanned the area. There was a simple one room inn up the road a ways. She pointed, "There. Let's go."

Rhindeer

"Think they'll be okay with, er...a gryphon going inside?" Hatame asked as he headed in the direction she'd pointed, his legs so tired he could hardly feel them anymore. "Alright, lemme rephrase: whatcha think they'd be least okay with? A gryphon or a naked man?"

Anonymous

"Gryphon. Do you need clothes?" Uxia paused, hands going to her own laces, "You can probably fit mine." She had a skirt in her pack she could wear. She disliked skirts, but sometimes they needed to blend in and the skirt made it easier for Uxia.

Rhindeer

Hatame glanced down at Uxia's hips, not at all trying to hide the fact that he was watching. Hey, it didn't matter what form he was in; his mind was the same and he could appreciate the female form just as well either way. "Yeah, I sorta left mine behind, so...sure, let's give it a shot!"

Y'know, both for practicality's sake and, hey, he wouldn't mind getting a peek in doing so.

...Though this wasn't really the time or place.

He looked both ways, scouting the area, but not many people were out and about right now. Still, it was best not to take any chances. He spotted a rather secluded spot behind a small building and jerked his head toward it before trotting over to it. "You got extras or something?" he asked, though he didn't think she would have offered if it meant walking around bare-assed. Hopefully they worked, though! Her hips were wider than his so he was hopeful.

Not that he minded walking around naked; he didn't have that sort of all-too-human shame. It would just be inconvenient if it got him arrested.

Anonymous

"Yes." Uxia didn't really notice Hatame's stare, her mind never really considered sex much, so things went right over her head. She followed Hatame behind the building and started stripping out of her pants, "They are covered in demon, I apologize."

Being naked had never been a sexual thing for Uxia, so she had no problem stripping down to her underwear, passing over the pants before rummaging around and pulling out the rumpled skirt.

Rhindeer

In a matter of seconds, Hatame had shifted out of his gryphon form and into his human one, naked as could be but not at all caring. His legs nearly buckled after expending that last bit of precious energy and he had to brace himself against the wall, pressing the side of his head against it and closing his eyes until he regained his bearings. Ugh...his exhaustion was always more noticeable when he shifted into human form, having all his weight suddenly shift to two awkward limbs rather than being all evenly distributed across four.

"Mm...demon. Delicious," he murmured, cracking his eyes open--and catching a nice eyeful of a stripping Uxia and her nice, strong legs. He hoped she'd turn around--oh, she was bending over, niiiice, nice ass, now if she'd just--no!

He grimaced and looked away, guilt stabbing him in the chest. This was not the time or place to be ogling, dammit! She'd just lost friends. They'd been through a tough situation. She was grieving; he could still feel the loss trickling through their bond. The rustle of clothing got his attention and he looked up again in time to see her passing over the pants.

And also getting another eyeful of Uxia in her underwear. Even as he accepted the pants, he stared, and couldn't help but wonder if she'd also lend him her shirt and--no! Dammit, time and place!

Running a hand over his face, he jerked his eyes away again and focused his energy on getting the pants on. They fit, though they were loose in the hips, but they would do. Looking back at Uxia, he flashed her a grin. "Y'know, I wish I could say this was the first time I'd worn women's clothing."

Anonymous

As she got the pants, the bond leaked across and odd mix of emotions. A curious burst of arousal followed by guilt, both of which puzzled Uxia. She wasn't really sure what there was to get turned on about and what the guilt was for.

Misunderstanding, she watched Hatame try on the pants to make sure they fit alright. They were too baggy around most of him, but they at least kept him covered, "You don't have to feel bad for borrowing my pants."

His next comment had her blink at him, a small smile playing at her lips, "What? Really? You must have been an ugly girl."

Rhindeer

"Hmm? I don't feel bad about that." Hatame tightened the laces of the breeches, trying to fit them better.

Her remark on his appearance earned her a bright grin and, giving up on the laces, he slowly ran a hand up and down his chest and belly. He winked at her. "Ugly? Darling, I make a downright ravishing woman."

Anonymous

"What's the problem then?" Uxia tugged her skirt out, shaking the simple fabric out. Pulling it on, she tied it off. It was unflattering and dull looking, but it served its purpose. At Hatame's little pose, Uxia snorted, "I find that hard to believe."

Packing up her bag again, she wavered slightly, still bone tired, "Let's go. I don't think I can stand much longer. I need food." Hatame would follow if he wanted, so she started for the tiny in, trying to wipe her face clean with her shirt sleeve. She hadn't had time to clean off the demon gore from her. The big hunks were gone, but blood and small bits of flesh still clung to her upper body and her braid was crusted and thick with it.

Rhindeer

"Better believe it. Maybe if you're lucky you'll get to see it one day." With another wide grin, Hatame followed after her, putting a little swagger in his stride to try and cover up how his legs were shaking and how unsteady he was.

As far as demon gore went, Hatame wasn't much better off. He hadn't had time to clean himself of the gunk, and when he shifted, it only transferred from his fur and feathers to his skin. His dark skin was covered in dry, crusty demon blood and his hair was thick with it, the white bangs stained red.

They must look quite a sight.

It didn't take long to reach the inn, but in his current state it felt like forever. Staggering to the door, Hatame pulled it open and held it open to let Uxia go through first. "Hope ya got money on you, too."

Anonymous

"Don't worry. I have enough." The order paid well and Uxia had very little needs, so she spent very little. Despite her shaking legs and trembling muscles, Uxia stiffened her back, head high as she strode into the room.

A sudden hush feel over the room when the two gore stained travelers entered. Uxia quickly located the innkeeper and marched over, her voice steady and cold, "I need food. Lots of food, a bath and a place to sleep for my friend and I."

Before the man could speak, Uxia held out several silver coins, more than enough for what she asked for, "We have killed the demon plaguing this place and need rest."

"Uh...yes. Yes ma'am." The small man stared, eyes going between the woman and the half naked man, quickly pocketing the coins, "I..uh...we have some stew...vegetables and fire roasted potatoes..."

"That is fine. Bring a lot." Uxia turned her back and took a seat, arms gripping the table in the effort to stay upright. She wanted to sleep, but she needed energy first.

Rhindeer

Even covered in blood and guts and ready to pass out on his feet, somehow Hatame managed to swagger through the room and to the table. He dropped into a seat across from Uxia and winked at a serving girl that passed by. Cute girl. He hoped she'd come back over.

As soon as the girl was out of sight, Hatame slumped forward against the table, arms folded on it and head bowed. Yeah. Time and place. He could barely keep his eyes open and head up, like he would even be able to enjoy sex right now. Normally he might like that, a vigorous and life-affirming session after a rough and dangerous encounter, but all he could really think about was sleep.

He propped his chin up on a hand, eyes lidded as he looked at Uxia. He had to at least stay awake long enough to bathe. All this crustyness would lead to a terrible rash. "If I pass out in the bath, you'll rescue me, right?"

Anonymous

Uxia felt about how Hatame felt, her back straight only through sheer force of will. She glanced over at Hatame and her lips curled in a small smile. It was hard not to around him, he managed to crack jokes even when this tired.

And she could feel he was just as worn out as she was though that strange, new connection they had. Well, that and that he wanted to sleep with the serving girl.

"As I just spent all that energy saving you, I am not about to let the bath water get you. Do you think you could help me get my hair clean? I can help you with yours."

Rhindeer

"Whaaa?" Hatame's eyes widened, no longer quite so sleepy looking. Help her? In the bath? With her hair? Did that mean he'd get to see her naked?

Score!

"Hair? Oh, yeah. I can help you clean your hair. I got lots of experience with...hair." He laughed and tossed his dirty hair over his shoulder. It was fairly long, reaching down to about mid-back and free of its loose ponytail after the shifting he'd done. "I got a lot of my own. So sure thing! I'll do you and you do me?" he added with a grin and a wink.

Anonymous

"Yes. I just said that." Uxia gave Hatame a puzzled look. Why was he making all those faces at her. The girl returned with food for them and Uxia ignored Hatame for the moment, devouring the food with gusto. She was starving, her body needing fuel.

It wasn't until her second bowl was wiped clean did Uxia speak again, feeling warm and full, "Sweet Kia but that was good. I hope that bath is ready."