Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Moonlight on dark water (Rhi-Rhi)

Started by Anonymous, August 29, 2010, 05:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Nah, it doesn't really hurt when you're going at it, anyway!" Hatame said with a smile and, after a pause, he gave a stretch and a yawn before he pulled back the covers to crawl in after Uxia. He pulled the towel off his head and let it fall to the ground by the bed.

For all his suggestive comments, however, Hatame kept his distance even in that bed, turning onto his back and resting his hands on his chest. Comments were one thing, but he wasn't going to actually try to push for anything, and he shifted a little so he could keep from touching her too much. Of course, he was naturally a cuddly sleeper, a habit you picked up when you were really a gryphon, but he understood human boundaries--which especially seemed to apply when you were naked.

He was quiet for a few moments, eyes closed as he tried to drift off and forget what Uxia had said. But after several seconds he finally cracked, the comment too good to pass up.

"Hey? Uxia? Guess what?" he whispered, nudging her with his elbow. "We're sleeping together."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Once Hatame was in the bed, Uxia shifted closer, glad for his warmth. The inn's blankets were cold and she had already spent one night curled against him, another wouldn't make a difference. At his comment, Uxia let out a small sigh, "Yes. If that makes you feel better, you can tell everyone all about it."

Rhindeer

"Mhmm, it makes me feel very better," Hatame said on a yawn, not at all minding  when Uxia scooted closer. He was starting to fade, words growing thick and distant. "I'll be sure to brag loudly in the morning."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Whatever." She really didn't care and it wasn't long before she was sound asleep, her back pressed up against Hatame's chest for warmth. She slept long and hard, not waking up until late afternnon, slowly coming awake.

She still felt sluggish and exhausted, her body heavy. Draining herself that far war hard and it would take some time before she recovered all the way.

Rhindeer

Luckily for Uxia, Hatame wasn't a very restless sleeper. He didn't move around much in his sleep and so stayed mostly in one place until morning--even if he did cuddle a little closer for body heat during the night.

When he could no longer ignore the light streaming in through the window and into his face, Hatame groaned and put the pillow over his eyes. Though he'd slept like the dead, he felt like he could have slept even longer, for years, and his body felt all heavy and sore and fatigued. He was laying on his side, his back to Uxia, and with another groan he realized that his morning friend had also paid him a visit.

Which was usual and generally a fun waking up exercise, but kind of annoying and inconvenient with Uxia right there. No, he was no prude. Yes, he did respect limits and boundaries!

Closing his eyes, still not quite ready to crawl out of bed, he tried to bring that slug demon to the forefront of his mind. If ever there was a mood killer, that ugly thing sure did it.

Anonymous

Sitting up, keeping the blanket up against her breasts, Uxia took her time waking up. Everything felt heavy and stiff and sore. Glancing over, she saw Hatame was still curled up asleep next to her. Deciding not to wake him, Uxia slipped out of the bed and padded over to the door, opening it up a crack.

It was pretty dead inside the inn, but the girl who helped last night, the daughter of the owner most likely, was cleaning some tables. Waving her over, Uxia ordered them both a large breakfast and discovered their clothes were still being cleaned, thanks to all the blood and gore caked on them.

Thanking the girl, Uxia went back to the bed, crawling into it again and wishing it was less bright.

Rhindeer

Hatame stirred when Uxia got out of bed, but he otherwise stayed put--except to pull the blanket over his head, as well. He never was an early riser and hated it, preferring the night; noon was a perfectly acceptable time to wake!

Unfortunately, once he was up, it was impossible for him to drift back off, and with Uxia returning and jarring the bed more, it was a lost cause. With a sigh, Hatame sat up in bed and at least had the grace to hunch over to shield his issue, which was mostly gone by then, anyway. The slug thing worked! That and the reminder of all that gore and flesh and junk all over him--which he had been too tired to care about before!

He let out a loud yawn and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, then flashed Uxia a tired smile. "Good mornin', beautiful."

Anonymous

"Oh, you are awake." Uxia struggled to keep from blushing at the beautiful comment. Her looks weren't often commented on and it startled her. She just needed to remember he wasn't actually calling her beautiful, it was some stupid pet name he used. She had spent enough time with him to realize he just talked like that.

Still unused to the link, Uxia had no idea that flustered, confused emotion was trickling along it to Hatame, "It's not morning anyway. It's almost 3 as far as I can tell. I ordered us food and our clothes still aren't ready. So we're rather stuck in here."

Rhindeer

"Ahh, it's morning to me!" Hatame said with a dismissive wave and a grin. "Close enough! Three, ten, what's the difference?" With another yawn and a big stretch, arms over his head, he flopped onto his back and sprawled out.

"I'm fine with waiting. Nice to have some time to just do nothing, huh? And hey, it gives us some time to get to know each other proper! Why don'tcha tell me about yourself, love?" he said, rolling onto his side and propping himself up on an elbow so he could watch her.

Anonymous

"I'm not your love." Another small ripple of discomfort and embarrassment trickled down the link as Uxia frowned at Hatame. She hated how aggressively friendly the other man was, it threw her off. She shrugged one shoulder, "There isn't really much I have to tell. I work for the Order as a demon slayer and a healer."

Rhindeer

Hatame shook his head. "No, no, no. I already know all that. You already told me. What I mean is, well...tell me about you. Whatcha like to do? What're your hobbies? What's your favorite color? What's your star sign?" He winked at her as he said that last one.

"You know, stuff about you. All I know right now is you're a brave, hot, demon-slaying warrior I'd like to know a lot more about."

Anonymous

Uxia shrugged again, frowning slightly, "I don't really have hobbies. I live for my job." It flustered her, the way Hatame said all those things. It threw her off balance and she didn't like that, "I practice my fighting and magic when I have time. Or do stretches and meditation."

Rhindeer

Hatame furrowed his brow and frowned. "No...hobbies? I mean, there's nothing you just like doing? Like painting or collecting shells or sewing or playing stones or hitting up a tavern after a hard day's work? Nothing?" He shook his head. "I don't believe that. There's gotta be something."

Anonymous

Uxia shrugged, "Believe what you like. Doesn't matter to me. I don't have time for that nonsense." She had her views on it and she needed that distance from everything or she wouldn't be able to devote herself to the Order with her entire being.

Rhindeer

"Nonsense? Whaaat? Now, thinking that nonsense is nonsense is what's nonsense, love. I mean, there's nothing you just do for fun? Just because you wanna?"

Anonymous

"What?" Uxia frowned, getting lost as Hatame spoke, "It doesn't matter. I don't need anything else. If you are bored, I'm sure you can find some way to entertain yourself." She wanted to do some stretches, work out her stiff muscles, but she was still feeling a little weird about being naked around Hatame.

He stared.

Rhindeer

"I'm naked and in bed with an equally naked woman. I'm the farthest thing from bored," Hatame said with a grin, flicking a meaningful glance over her body even though it was (sadly) covered with a blanket. He reached over and pat her on the head. "I'm easily entertained, m'dear. You'll learn. But that is not the point."

Cheek resting on his hand, his expression turned more serious. "No one needs much of anything but food, shelter, air, and company. So that's a moot point. It matters. You only live once--well, you only live once in this body, depending on what you believe--so you should take advantage of it and enjoy the body you have."

Anonymous

"No." Uxia leaned forward, stretching out her back, breasts pressed into her knees, "I'm fine with how I live."

Rhindeer

"Because--correct me if I'm wrong--you don't know anything else," Hatame said. "Me? I believe in making an informed decision. Give things a try and then you can say if you're truly happy with what you have now."

Anonymous

"I don't need the temptation. That's all I feel like discussing about this." Uxia swung her legs off the bed and stood, stretching again, "If we are going to be stuck in here, I want to at least get to do a little work."

Her body was painfully sore and stiff. She was just going to have to ignore Hatame and his weird looks while she loosened it up. Maybe he would get bored and go entertain himself.