Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Take me out, to the blacks, tell 'em I ain't coming back.

Started by Anonymous, September 19, 2010, 01:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Dull and dreary, that's all it was right now.

It was getting to be the evening, not that you could tell time very well right now. The dark clouds above were spilling forth a downfall of collected tear drops, and every so often the sky would be lit up with an enormous bolt of lightning, and then a rumbling heave of thunder to split the dim sound of rain smashing against rock. All in all it was a rather beautiful display to watch, though mostly it was only nice to watch inside. If you were in the Thunderblacks, there were few and far between safe places to watch such an awesome spectacle of nature.

Between caves inhabited by Dragons and bears, you had to hope you really came across a nice place to rest your weary legs. Of course, there was one place that few knew about, a place that was really quite a dangerous place to venture into. Carved out of a mountain side, deep in the Thunderblacks was the Castle of "He Who Walks Both Worlds." Of course, most who knew him would call him Lord Zekyllot out of fear and respect for the creature.

Born of fire and darkness, of hate, rage, and disgusting lies...well, one could understand why he was such a powerful creature. He took hold of such emotions, of such falsities and embraced them at birth. A true power to be reckoned with if there ever was one. However, one of reserved glory though, hiding in the depths of the mountains. A Daemon was never satisfied with what power they had, they always wanted more, and that's where the humanity came in...the realization that too much power wasn't always a good thing. It could lead to hubris, to a downfall of epic conclusions...to the loss of all that power.

So nestled away he sat, his seat of power a small one, but one that would not earn him destruction. The Lord Zekyllot, his skin a dark burnt colour strode effortlessly through his castle. Golden irises with dark red pupils gleamed in the torch light of the magnificently crafted halls as he walked. The whole thing had taken years to construct properly, had taken many lives, and much magic, but it now was more castle on the inside than most castles actually were. His long wavy black hair flowed backwards as he walked, poking up from the dark locks was a broken horn on the right side, though destroyed it still looked as if it were quite sharp.

He walked with no purpose at this time, he could feel the daemonic heritage in his body wishing for more, for a wanderlust, to seize more power...and at these times he could be his most irritable. Perhaps he would seek out one of his servants and put the boot to them...though as he looked down at his finely crafted leather boots he decided against it. His outfit was composed of a regal doublet of black with gold trim and splashes of a deep crimson, and a pair of white silk leggings that disappeared into his boots. He did decided on a waistcoat today, one of drab grey just because he could.

No need to look too regal today...it was just him and his servants after all.

He did decide to go and investigate the front gates however, he always loved a good storm, and while there were two sort of balconies at the upper levels, they were being rained on, and he didn't much care for that. The front gate however was well into a bit of a tunnel, which would provide some cover to watch the storm. Once outside, he found himself sitting on a rock just near the mouth of the small tunnel...ahh...so beautiful. Here has able to survey a good portion of the Thunderblacks, as well as the winding path that eventually led to his little domain.

A perfect night so far.

Anonymous

Rayne silently watched the castle of stone from behind a boulder, for some reason this place made her nervous...like really nervous. She finally deicided to move to the small cave she saw not far ahead. With a few fluent movements Rayne made it to the cave mouth. It was damp and dark inside but all the better, since there was most likely a demon running around.

Rayne sat up against the left wall since it wasn't a cave at all it was a small tunnel. But Rayne didn't dare find the end of it for her own safety. Rayne had found this place when she was trying to find Zek for another man who was going to pay her a good price to deliver a small wrapped package. But saddly Rayne ahd set out with out it and had noticed it was still home when she was already at the Thunderblacks. Rayne was terrified being here and had no idea why she had agreed to do this stupid mission, and besides she was a circus preformer she shouldn't be running around doing missions.

As Rayne sat there slowly dozing off she jerked awake when she felt some unknown weird feeling in the pit of stomach. She quickly stood up and looked down to find a odd looking worm that was covered in little hooks. It was crawling up her bare arm. Then the worm worm stoped and bit her! and tried drilling into her skin but she quickly pulled it off painfully and throw on the ground and began stomping onto it till she was certain it was dead.

Rayne was hungry,tired and cranky so she began heading towards the end of the tunnel. Rayne's wool stockings were getting really itchy and annoying and that made her even more grumpy and negitave.

Anonymous

It was really quite a night right now, and he was glad to see it so powerful. Storms were always nice, they always reminded of himself. Strong, powerful, a force to be reckoned with. They were the perfect natural epitome of constant power. Sure, Earthquakes and volcanoes were both pretty powerful, but they were rare. Storms however...happened often.

And they could be pretty destructive, and could lead to many things, such as fires and floods.

As he was getting somewhat lost in the thoughts of storms and destructions, but was instantly aware of someone approaching. And...just...walking by him. The person didn't even bother stopping, didn't even acknowledge him for that matter. It had been like he was invisible, like he hadn't existed to the person...to the woman. This wasn't very often. A woman just walking by him...and then...was she sitting down?

Zek stood up and walked slowly toward her and took a seat near her again, resting his chin on his fist while his elbow rest on his knee. He watched her as she just...fell asleep. She. Fell. Asleep. At first there should have been hatred and anger toward this woman, but instead there was morbid curiosity.

After all...she had just walked by him without even acknowledging him and fell asleep. There had to be a very good reason for this.

He waited for her as she sleep, watching her carefully, wondering what the hell she was doing up here. When she woke up, he almost jumped with her, wondering what had woken her up. Maybe it was the Daemon sitting near her? Nope...turned out to be a worm on her arm. ah. Those were the fun worms that he liked to use on people occasionally. They were fun after all, and just ate into the body until full.

"You picked a bad spot to fall asleep." Zek said as he slowly stood up, letting fire slowly leave his body, just enough to let his body give off some heat and fire...and for his eyes to light up and glow. "Bad for you...good for me." He told her in his silky smooth voice. Oh yes...very good for him.

Anonymous

Rayne almost screamed but she quickly put her hand to her mouth as she whirled around quickly to see who had spoken. It was infact a Daemon. Rayne imdeditally thought it was Zek then confirmed it by saying to herself in her head 'of course it is if it wasn't Zek would kill the rival daemon anyway'. Rayne hugged her stomach to make sure she didn't shake.

Rayne watched him a second then said "And you picked a bad person to mess with!"
She was stating to regain her courage before it drained completely away. Rayne took her let arm and felt for her dagger in her bag.  Then she rembered when sh was at the river it was swept away by the current. Rayne knew she had to get out, but how? Rayne couldn't think of anything so she focused on Zek, how was she at least going to stay alive? Or untouched? That was impossible.

Rayne looked around as she thought of her next move,she couldn't think of anything. So she deicided to do a different aproach, RUN!!!! she turned around and tried running away down the tunnel.....

Anonymous

The woman's sudden bravery was laughable, as she had looked and acted rather terrified at first. She was even hugging her stomach before! Zek knew that this woman was going to be something fun, but he would have to find out why she was here first. After all, you didn't come to the Thunderblacks without a reason. Most people were just lost...though some were looking for dragons, or to cross the ranges to get to La'marri or Ketra...but for her to be here...this was an out of the way area...so it definitely made him wonder.

With his tail twitching madly behind him, he watched her carefully, one hand raised, a wreath of fire now circling around it. Hmm...just what to do to her? He had to incapacitate her of course, to stop her from escaping, but then how would he go about doing that?

The answer was already given to him though, as she began to run...away from him. Down the tunnel. "Yes, run down the tunnel toward my front gate, because that's what works." Zek rolled his eyes at her apparent idiocy and tossed the wreath of fire behind him, letting it spread outward and create a barrier...just in case she got past him when he cornered her. He was so glad that magic fire could burn without a fuel source, in places where it shouldn't...like on rock in a damp tunnel. Now for the girl. With his tail swinging behind him, Zek headed down the tunnel after her, humming softly to himself, a smile upon his lips. New entertainment, how nice! And it had come right to him!

Anonymous

Rayne realized her mistake quickly as she swore under her breath and thought why didn't I think this through better? Rayne kept running but then she had an idea....but it was stupid and she didn't quite want to do it. Then all the sudden Rayne fell to the ground and obvisouly had fainted. It was the weirdest thing in the world but when Rayne was little she practiced making herself faint. The next phase of the plan when she woke up in about an hour was to act brain washed and like she was in love with Zek. Rayne shivered slightly as she laid on the ground, odd images flashed through her minds eye as she seemed to be in a fevered sleep.

Rayne curled silently into a ball quickly after she fainted. She always did it was just a habit for her. When Rayne was thinking up this plan she really didn't want to do it she didn't quite know why she was so agaianst but the fact was she had been very against it. Well maybe it is because he is a Daemon she thought right before she fell to the ground. Rayne's white hair was sprawled wildly out behind her head, her arms holding her knees to her chest. Half way to her journey here Rayne wished with all her might she hadn't worn the clothes she was wearing now. She was wearing a white shirt with a tight light brown bodice tied tightly to her chest with leather strings, her legs were almost completely bare exept for her light brown lshorts that went high above her knees. Rayne had thought it was going to be very hot on her journey but in fact it wasn't that bad, but treking around in her heavy her boots was.

Anonymous

Zek just continued after his target, merrily making his way toward the strange woman. She must not have been very bright, and that bode pretty well for him. Now if only she was religious and feared for her immortal soul, which he could most definitely destroy. Not that he would right away of course, he had to have fun at first, he had to really enjoy himself first! He was a hedonist after all, and if he couldn't have his fun then what was the point? Right now he was definitely having fun.

When he neared the trapped woman he noticed that she had suddenly...died? Was that even possible? Had she died from fright? While a distinct possibility as the heart could be weak and gave out, it wasn't particularly fun. After all, if she was dead then there was little fun that he could have. Tch. As he got close and knelt down he raised an eyebrow. She wasn't dead...no she was still very much alive. How interesting was that? Hmph. Still boring as ever! Now what was he supposed to do with her? After a quick little magical spell, he soon had servants coming to grab the unconscious woman. Once back inside his castle he had the woman placed into the dungeon, pulled up a chair outside of her cell, and waited. His tail flicked behind him, irritated slightly, wondering just what this crazy woman was doing near his castle.

There must have been a reason.

Anonymous

Rayne woke up and looked around clearly still tired. Rayne sat up then quickly slumped down and made herself look miserable. Rayne then slowly stood up and blinked sleep from her eyes and then she went up to the bars and pressed her face into them " Let me out!" she snaped. Rayne didn't like being in here. It scared her in a way. Rayne grasped the bars tightly in her hands.

Rayne stared coldly at Zek " Let me go!!" she growled again. Rayne then let go of the bars and paced around.

(( sorry it is like super short but I wanted to get it in before I go to lseep tonight)

Anonymous

Zek waited and waited for the woman to wake up. A servant would come by every five minutes and ask him if he needed anything. Sometimes he'd get a goblet of wine and blood, sometimes a light snack, or he'd stare at the young woman in his dungeon, hoping she'd burst into flames or something equally interesting. Anything other than lay there like a corpse. Corpses weren't fun. They didn't feel pain, they didn't react to stimuli, they didn't do anything of interest really. She wasn't awake to be tortured, to be hurt, maimed, raped, beat, anything! She wouldn't react in the normal way, begging for her life, for her innocence, and for mercy.

Oh how he loved it when they begged for mercy.

Finally she began to wake, and Zek could only grin. About blessed time. She took her sweet time didn't she? Zek just laughed when she screamed to be let out. How cute! Really it was.

"Let...you go? Oh my...even though you're in there...and I'm out here...well I guess I better listen then shouldn't I? Yes because despite you passing out and being locked in my dungeon, you must have the upper hand. Well I apologize, I'll let you out right away." Zek said a scathingly mocking tone. He didn't move though, because really, he had no intention of letting her go. Not yet anyway.

"Can't let you go, that'd be in poor taste. Besides, we've just met, it would be impolite of me to let you go. Maybe if you answer all of my questions to my satisfaction I'll let you go. We can start off with the big two questions. Who are you, and why were you wandering near my castle?"