Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Now why would I do that? /Crono/

Started by Anonymous, September 19, 2010, 03:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Torch had a sickly slump to his walk, had struck out twice today and was thinking of quitting for the night. But then lady luck smiled on him a scholar was walking down his road and he seemed very cluttered he wouldn't miss a few papers. Now, what hour was it? Torch looked for the bell tower nonchalantly  and bumped into the man."Oh my, my deepest apologies sir! Here, here, let me help you clean up your books." The old man spoke in a angry tone."You damn well better you klutz!"These people are pretty prideful aren't they? Torch gave a smug look as he placed the last book on the mans pile. "Sorry again sir I didn't see you coming."The older man kept walking not even a goodbye, rude guess he wont need these. He unrolled a small parchment.Plans for a new road system to lessen traffic... Interesting, perhaps he could sell this back to the people.

Torch kept going looking over the paper a simple sketch but- "Ahhhhhh!" A voice let out. A few shoutings and he heard a two pairs of heavy armored feet clashing down the street. In a flash Torch had stuffed the sketch in his bag. "You there, stop we have reason to believe you have stolen from someone." Torch smiled no reason to run just deny.He put on a heavy accent one that would be found in the tundra up north. "Oi and why would I steal I'm one of the best bounty hunters in the homeland. I was just passing through your city to get supplies nothing more." He began to poke one guards chest.

The guards were unimpressed but were coaxed into believing the story. "And what might have been stolen anywho?" The guards looked over his shoulder. "A sketch of some routes." Torch threw his hand above his head. "What would a bounty hunter want with some god fearing drawings?!" He gave a hearty laugh when he saw the man walk up behind the guards. "That's him arrest him now!" The guards looked Torch over. "What would this fine upstanding man need your drawings for." The man stamped his foot into the road. "He took it I know he did he's no more then a common thief!" Torch had to calm his temper he hated being called a thief. It was comparing a water downed moonshine to a fifty year old wine. "Perhaps your silly paper blew away on a breeze?" He looked to the guards who were stifling laughter.

Anonymous

"And maybe his 'silly paper' got caught on your sticky fingers." The two guards turned to snap salutes as Leslie came marching up. She gave them a couple of flat looks until they started shifting before finally speaking. "I expect better than this from you two." She dropped her voice. "Keep an eye on the accuser and keep him from being too noisy." She flicked a thumb at the other guy and the two walked off to try to get the guy to calm down and under control.

"As for you." She gave the bounty hunter - if that's what he even was - a hard stare. "Look, I don't want to be here any more than you do. The quickest way for this to go down is for me to search you real quick." Leslie gave a sigh to show that she didn't believe that the guy would assent to that. "Other than that, you have the evidence against you. So it's either we get this done quick and easy or I take you in for a little more forceful searching."

She really hated these 'he said she said' accusations. They were nothing but a bitch to deal with and angers tended to flair. "You have my word that if you are found innocent, your accuser will not be let off lightly." Why couldn't people just obey the law? It would really make her job easier. Well, it would free her to actually going after the big breakers so it wouldn't be easier but it would be a better use of her time.

"So can I just take a look through your bag. I'll have one of the other guys give ya a pat down. It won't take more than a minute or two then you can be on your way."

Anonymous

Finally someone worth my time, hmm a women and not a ugly one at that. As he women gave odes he felt aspiration for the women taking charge. But then his heart sank he kept his gruff face as she spoke nodding to show he wasn't brain dead. Torch knew he had been caught that was simple, it's what he held in his bag other then the sketch that had him worried a few papers he had swiped were from Adela good papers in where magical dragons could be found. If this guard found them he would lose the sale of those paper and he didn't want to lose that sale. He thought quickly time was not on his side he gave a sly grin he wore to well and cocked his head to the right. "You Connlaoth women are some of the most beautiful women I've seen." He swung his pack over his shoulder dropping it on the ground. Please excuse me it's been a while since I've had a drink."

Torched reached into the pack grabbed his tan flask which he had placed right next to the parchment quickly moving his fingers he punctured the paper and had a hole that split the paper into two. This motion although feeling like a century to Torch was less then a few seconds and gave the impression of searching for his water skin.  He stood up sipped from his skin hopping with every fiber of his will that he had slipped away. "Refreshing, now you might want to be careful, there might be a snake in there I always seem to pick up a critter or two on my travel." Torch gave a friendly smile and gave this guard her way to the bag.

Anonymous

It wasn't the first time a crook had tried to compliment their way out of a bind and it wouldn't be the last. She just crossed her arms and waited for the guy to get his 'drink.' Leslie knew full well that he was trying to hide something, that grin had said so itself, but she allowed him to try to hide whatever it was. It wouldn't really matter in a few moments.

After he was done, she took his pack and promptly dumped its contents out onto the ground before bending down to sift through them. She was looking for a piece of paper, and found it without too much problem, but something else had caught her eye. It was another paper that seemed to have been ripped. She picked it up as well. "Well, it seems the man was telling the truth." She said it loud enough for her voice to reach back to the two guards keeping an eye on the scholar.

"I told you!" The older man practically bristled. "I demand this man see punishment!" The Captain spared him a glance before handing his paper up to him. "Yes, yes. We'll take him into custody to await trail." Where was that other piece? She shifted through the pile of stuff. "Don't brush me off so easily!" The man all but yelled at her. He really did have a high opinion of himself, didn't he? One of the guards put his gauntleted hand on the man's chest. "There's no more we can do now, sir. You'll be notified when your testimony will be needed." His tone said that he would brook no argument.

As the scholar walked away grumbling, Leslie found the other piece of paper that seemed to be ripped from something. "Trying to hide something were you?" Leslie smiled up at the guy. It wasn't a very friendly one. "As my companion said, you'll need to be taken in for stealing from the guy but I'll be asking you a few questions myself after I see to this paper." She nodded towards the thief and the two guards moved to take him.