Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How to con the con

Started by Anonymous, February 01, 2011, 01:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Glaring over the rim of her glass, Shahira absently stroked Zahi's head. Her last meal ticket had dried up. Mostly because Morgan couldn't keep a handle on his temper and now they were back to stretching the last of that gold.

"I hope you're happy. You just had to eat him and we had to leave town. And we're back in this dump."

Honestly, she didn't actually mind Selevea that much. But that wasn't the point and she wasn't about to let Morgan think she wasn't royally pissed off. The small, fat demon at her feet made a pleased grunting sound, leaning up against her leg.

"We need to find someone rich and pretty that we can stay with again."

Rhindeer

Morgan bared his teeth in a grin. "Oh, I'm elated, thanks for asking," he purred and pat his belly, which was still quite full. "It was worth it every bite." And it had put him in an uncharacteristically good mood, too. It always did when he got to carve his frustration into someone else's skin. If he couldn't do it to Shahira, then Shahira's 'suitors' were second-best.

"I don't see why you're so pissed, anyway. It's not like you can't just charm some other stupid meat sack," he said, wiggling his fingers in a mystical fashion and rolling his eyes.

A meat sack Morgan would make short work of, if he had his way. And he would, eventually. He couldn't stand any of them for very long; they made Shahira too happy.

Just like that slavering Zahi. Morgan's mood soured a little as he glanced down at the little demon, lip curling in disgust. Stupid, disgusting, worthless thing. He had yet to figure out a way to get at it, but he would.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tally

A giggling young woman bounded up to the bar and jostled Morgan in the process.  She didn't seem to notice, whirling around as Zephaniah came up behind her and ordered her a drink,  She'd had one already, and half of his, and he was looking to charm the young maid out of her inhibitions before his coin ran out.

"What does the palace look like," she said, breathless from being in the presence of the King's most trusted sorcerer.

"Words cannot do it justice!  The diamond of Arca, the grand jewel upon the crown of our fair Serendipity!  Sapphires and enchanted quartz crystals dust its sides so that it glitters in the light of the sun, a beacon of light and beauty and civilization.  It can be seen for miles away!"

"Why ever would you leave such a place?"  She downed about half her ale in one breath.  She might have been a simple country girl, but she could take her drink for sure.  He was so glad he'd found her. It was tough to find folk in the cities who'd take amusement at his stories.  They were all so jaded.

"The King's hospitality is grand.  But as lavish as my rooms are with their imported silk and their large, cushioned beds, I cannot stay!  Wealth is a curse my dear, a curse. To wallow in such extravagance would surely impoverish my soul!  No I must be out, among the people, aiding in any way I can and extending the gods' blessings to others.  Wealth belongs to us all, of course!"

He produced another coin and ordered them a fourth drink.  He tossed the piece to the bartender as though it were nothing, as though he had hundreds of them to spare.  He was actually quite low, though.

Anonymous

"Because it's a pain." Shahira glared at Morgan, highly displeased with him. Stupid, short sighted fool. She was looking forward to the day he was no longer useful to her, when she had a better demon at her beck and call, she was going to destroy Morgan. And laugh over his mutilated corpse.

"I am going to make you pay for that little stun-" She paused, finally noticing the loud man and his...tart. Shahira never liked pretty woman. While she was always better looking than they were, she disliked the competition. Her eyes narrowed, giving the girl a dark look as she listened to the man talk.

Well, well. Here was her new ticket. Ignoring Morgan now, the half-fae stood up, moving over to the man and butting between him and the girl, turning on her considerable charm, magical and otherwise, "My my. You sound like a fascinating man. Such stories! I would just love to hear more."

Rhindeer

Morgan opened his mouth to gloat a little more, but someone bumped him then and he cut off with a sharp hiss. He whirled, but already he girl was bounding past to join some pretty-boy. Baring his fangs in annoyance, he turned back to Shahira but then she was rising to flock to the guy. The fuck? He could feel his tail bristling in agitation as he watched her practically throw herself at him, and what was so great about him, anyway?

His claws left rents in the wooden table as he pushed himself to his feet and followed after her. Not because she cared what she did. Because he didn't. But because he didn't see what the draw was. So he had palaces or knew kings or whatever, big deal.

"Fascinating?" Morgan growled, shoving his way next to Shahira. "He looks weak."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tally

Zephan's farm girl scowled and elbowed her way between Shahira and Morgan, giving them both dirty looks.  Zephan, though, could not have been happier.  He had an audience now.

"Ah, where to start, my lady!"  He caught up the woman's hand and kissed it.  She surely knew how to dress to catch a man's fancy, and that hair!  An extraordinary color, like the shadows of a deep forest.  Too bad that petulant...demon...fae, creature thing that she'd been sitting with chose to follow her over.

"I have ventured to lands uncharted by any mapmaker's hand in service to the King.  Fenway and I, we have seen strife and joy, danger and peace together!  Why, we were merely ten years old when we declared ourselves blood brothers and vowed to prevail through any tribulation together, no matter how dire, no matter if we were a thousand leagues apart or a stone's throw from one another.  We each strive to protect the realm in our own way, he from the throne, and I by treading these dangerous roads alone, snuffing out evil wherever I may find it."

Anonymous

"Shut it Morgan. Fenway? Really?" Shahira made a pleased sound when he kissed her hand. This one knew how to treat a lady. Though that sow was going to get fed to Morgan later, piece by bloody piece. How dare that human bitch touch her like that!

But for now she reigned in that urge. She didn't want to scare away her new meal ticket, "Such a powerful man." Reaching over, Shahira ran her hand along his arm, "I do love powerful men."

Rhindeer

Morgan scowled and folded his arms over his broad chest and scowled at the man. He sounded so damned full of himself but he looked like some...some...fae pansy. And Shahira was all over him! Him! She was giving him far more attention than she'd ever given him! Not that he cared who the bitch got wet over, it was just annoying witnessing something so embarrassingly pathetic.

He snorted and rolled his eyes. "We supposed to know who this Fenway bloke is?"

Tally

Zephan slid over, turned his back on Morgan just a bit.  He didn't need someone like that around casting aspersions on his grand tales of adventure and valor.  Whatever had gotten the fellow so cross, he could take that sour disposition elsewhere or hush up.  He had no call to ruin Zephan's fun.

"Aye, Fenway, our magnanimous king, the greatest Serendipity has seen in all its illustrious history if I may speak my mind!  He holds all the wealth of our fair kingdom in his palm yet remains as steadfast as he was when we were young men."

He tucked a strand of hair behind Shahira's ear.  "Ah, but we must remember those wise words spoken so long ago:  if power is the fading sun, then the eagle surely flew at dawn."

He made sure to nod sagely after that.

Anonymous

Shahira had been getting into the man's speech, not really believing all of it, but he seemed to be a fascinating man, but that last bit stopped Shahira short. She stared at Zephan, her expression puzzled, "Wise words? Who said that?"

Rhindeer

"A dumbass. That doesn't even make any sense," Morgan growled, and rolled his eyes again just to show how disinterested he was. In case the first time didn't convey it well enough. "The fuck's an eagle gotta do with anything?"

Tally

"A nameless and ancient demigod, a denizen of the frozen wastes in the vast and unexplored reaches north of Hyoite, where the land is always in shadow and the air is so cold it will freeze the blood in a man's veins!  This unimaginable creature, this...mountainous primal beast sleeps there, awaiting the Final Day of the world when he will awaken and bend the immense vortex of his mind against the servants of chaos.  I was near death, blinded by driving snow and hunted by a pack of winged arctic dire wolves—venomous dire wolves!  In desperation, I dared to tread upon his sacred domain.  Frost coated my skin, my clothes.  It piled in drifts taller than my head!  I...ah...I..."

Frost did indeed coat his clothes.  He'd gotten carried away and a layer of it had crystallized upon his hands and up the sleeves of his coat.  He brushed at it, sending flakes of ice into the air and onto the floor.

"Uh..."  It was no use, his trail of thought was broken now.  "Anyway, he told me that."

Anonymous

"Oh...really." Well, this one was dumb, but Shahira wasn't really sure she minded that. Better that then clever. She had started to press closer when the frost appeared and her yellow eyes flicked down, "Ah, well, you're a mage I see."

Smiling again, she slid one dark hand up his arm, "I find mages very attractive."

It was around then that Zahi had finished his food and the bulky demon waddled over on his short legs, wanting to be close to Shahira again. Taking a seat at her feet, it stared up at Zephaniah and opened it's mouth in a wide, toothy grin.

Rhindeer

Morgan felt his eyes glaze over as the guy went off, his vision blurring as he just sort of stared at him without really seeing him. And...women liked this? Shahira liked this? Because all he was hearing was a lot of "blah, blah, I like the sound of my own voice." And something about wolves and snow.

He snapped back to the present when the stream of words was broken, and he blinked to clear his vision and flicked an ear irritably. He rolled his eyes as the man brushed ice off his coat and let out a derisive snort. "Wow. Looks like you just got back and everything," he said, and shot Shahira a disgusted look. Attractive? Really?

He had been about to remark on that when Zahi came waddling over and he hissed at the stupid creature, tail bristling, before glaring at Shahira. "Why did you have to bring that thing?"

Tally

Zephan cleared his throat.  He'd rather lost track of where he had been.  Damn clingy frost magic.

"Ahem, yes well...the arcane has laid claim to my family blood line since time immemorial, well beyond the founding of noble Serendipity—what the hell?!"

Zephan scrambled up onto the counter top of the bar.  He'd just so happened to look down and caught an eyeful of some dog-beast-demon-chimera thing staring at him.  "What is that?!"

Anonymous

That startled Shahira, who was trying to ignore Morgan. She didn't even get a chance to snap at the stupid demon before her target was on the table, freaking out.

"What? Zahi? He's just a low level demon. What are you doing?" Crossing her arms under her small breasts, Shahira was not very impressed.

Rhindeer

Morgan's eyes narrowed and rested a hand on his hip, head slightly tilted and lips quirking in a smirk. "I thought ya faced down dire wolves?"

Tally

Those two might have said something.  Zephan wasn't sure about that.  He was too busy waving a bar rag at the gremlin.  "Shoo, shoo."

Anonymous

Zahi wagged it's stumpy tail and reached up, grabbing at the bar rag, liking this game. He made a happy grunty sound and Shahira rolled her eyes, "Look at that Morgan. He's more frightened of Zahi than he is you. You are losing your touch."

Rhindeer

With a hiss, Morgan bared his long fangs at Shahira. "Maybe if I kill it then he'd be afraid of both of us!" he growled, irritated.