Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Grace for Doves.

Started by Anonymous, July 23, 2011, 01:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Her mouth opened in shock. What she did! It was obviously what he did to her! She gave him a reputation of a tiger lover and something something. She was sure it was good. She even made a point of walking funny for the better part of the morning, and while her thighs did hurt from all the running yesterday, the people didn't have to know that. It was a win-win! She stroked his manly ego to his troops and she... Well she was sure she got something out of it besides nasty name calling.

"Cap'n." She leaned in, "No one is saying anything bad, per se. And I helped it along, walked funny all morning and it was your fault, too!"  Rai'nish leaned back and put her hands behind her back. "Anyway, Sir, I have an important fault to mention." Taking every ounce to look regal and with her back straight, "I cannot fish, but I have heard that you are good at it. So, I decided to seek out your tuta...e..lage. training. Ing. In the art of fishing. I was hoping you could teach me, Cap'n." It was all bullshit, she hadn't heard anything, but if she had him figured out like she thought she did, he wouldn't say no to being better at her than something! and then she could talk to him. Without all the various shaped ears around here.

Lion

Dram wanted to hit her.  Hit her hard enough to bury her face in the dirt and leave her there for a week!  Let the rains come and wash her out!  Dram just gazed at her with narrow, mad eyes, feeling himself get madder and madder.  Just knowing she was just gonna say something stupid or rub it in his face!  She didn't know what she did!  How she humiliated him!  But then, what was this!?.....Fishing?  What the hell did that have to do with anything?

"Don't you want to have lunch here?  Food's hot and fresh," he muttered motioning around him.  But she seemed rather insistent and he looked at her like she was strangling a chicken.  "Fishing ain't that hard, girl.  But if you're too dumb to figure it out yourself, I'll show you how.  Get yourself whatever stuff you think you might need, and let's go."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Rai cleared her throat and leaned in. "Sir, it's very important that I learn how to fish. There might be a time where I am stranded and there will be nothing but rivers of fish and I won't be able to get one." The look of pure joy on her face when he agreed to it. Pure joy with a hint of evil sneakiness. Rai'nish didn't get much, packed a small backpack with another pair of clothing, some gloves and a well worn piece of cloth that could be used as a towel of sorts.

It took her all of three minutes to get her things and return a look of determination on her face. Once she got him away from here she could apologize properly. Or annoy the living crap out of him again. It would depend on which seemed like more fun at the time.

Lion

Won't be able to get one huh?   And suddenly Dram grinned internally at a thought that satisfied him more almost as much as beating the hatchling at something.  Here was a perfect opportunity to leave her there!  And let her do or die on her own!  At least then he wouldn't have to be further humiliated by her.  He didn't want to have to murder her, so abandoning her in the wilderness for her to survive on her own seemed like the best bet to getting rid of her short of bloody murder.

When Rai came back, Dram was ready and waiting at the edge of the camp, with nothing more than his kopis and his utility belt around his waist.  He had his arms crossed over his chest and when she came up into view, he smirked sardonically.  A grin that quickly faded into his natural frown.  "You sure take forever.  C'mon it's a long walk to the waterfall, we better get going."  He motioned for her to follow before walking down through the trees.  After a half an hour of silence, Dram looked back at her and said, "Are you sure you really don't know how to fish?"  A little suspicious.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Forever? Rai glared for a moment before she schooled her features into a nice less-than-grumpy look in which she turned to Dram. A sort of smile. "Yeah, those three minutes sure took a helluva long time, right Cap'n? I think I was going at a snails pace I took so long." She followed him like she was supposed to, only occasionally checking out his butt. Gods above protect from him if he ever caught her doing it. He'd probably turn her face inside out.

Him talking startled her and she stared at him with wide apple green eyes before she opened her mouth and no words came out. "Yes. I really don't know how to fish. And you seem like you know lots of stuff, and you're the only friend I have here..." She used the term friend lightly, he wasn't her friend at  all and she knew that. But he didn't know that she knew that. Maybe she could see just how friendly she could get him to be. It was like a project! What fun. Rai'nish moved closer, pressing the side of her breast against his arm and her left against his.

"So. You'll still teach me how to... Fish... Properly, right?"

Lion

Dram looked at Rai with incredulous eyes as she had the gall to touch him, let alone talk to him!  After what she did!  Dram didn't even want to look at her, he didn't want to be within an inch of her but there she went anyway and he flared in an odd mixture of embarrassment and anger.  He wanted to wring her neck right then and there, but he instead cross his arms over his chest and grit his teeth together.

He stepped further away from her, at least three feet and visibly relaxed, setting his arms down and began the uphill climb that would take them to the fishing spot that he preferred to hang out in.  It was actually well secluded and better off than most.  It gave him a place where he could be at peace and enjoy a bath or a swim without being bothered by anyone.  That was...until he brought the pest along.

"Yeah, yeah yeah, I'll teach ya," he muttered irritably, just barely buying her explanation for not knowing how to fish.  "Now stop talking the rest of the way!"  He snapped at her and went on ahead.  About a half an hour passed before they reached the massive hill they'd been climbing that grew steadily uphill the further they went.

The sound of rushing water met them and the sun was high in the afternoon.  He appeared through the trees and motioned for her to take a look at the waterfall that poured into the pool below.  "Well, what do you think?"  He, himself, didn't wait long for an answer before he dashed toward the edge and somersaulted off, diving into the water below.  When he resurfaced, he looked up at the cliff and motioned for her to come down.  "Hurry up!  Ain't got all day you know!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Rai kept her trap shut the whole way, except for a few times to open her maw and take in a deeper breath, but then she'd cast a quick glance over to her Cap'n and close her mouth again. When they finally got to where they were going, Rai didn't know until Dram asked his question and then jumped. Off a cliff. Her jaw dropped open, was she that terrible that he had to jump off a cliff to get away from her!? "Dram!" The word left her mouth before she could really help it and she skidded to a stop when she heard the distinct noise of a splash.

That meant water.

Which meant he didn't dive into rock to get away from her, which was a slightly comforting realization. Rai'nish frowned as she leaned over to look at the water below with a rather strange expression on her face before she rolled her shoulders and closed her eyes before taking a few steps back. She could do this. No problem. If only she'd opened her eyes. Rai'nish managed to step on a rather rounded rock, and her leg shot out from under her and with her eyes still closed she hit her leg against the side before she slipped down. Holding onto the edge while her eyes were wide and her breath came quickly. She was going to die. Her leg hurt and her fingers aching.  

They slipped, and before she knew it cold water covered her face, her back stung and she couldn't breath. Which meant the first thing her brain made her do was take in a deep breath, a deep breath of delicious water. Which made breathing harder. Her hands grasped out for anything, for something and they lightly stroked Dram's thigh before she went limp, her body rolling over so that her back was to the surface before she floated to the top. Her bright blue hair looked pretty with it clouded about her head while she slowly drowned.

Lion

Dram did not expect her to come down so fast and in the such an ungraceful manner.  Here he thought she was some hotshot who didn't need any help with anything.  She was already better at everything else he tried to get the upperhand on her!  And that infuriated him to no end, but he suddenly looked at her with wide, surprised eyes when she hit the water with a flailing splash.

When she resurfaced on the water with her back up and face down he grinned and laughed aloud.  "Okay, Rai, jokes up, get out of the water now," he said after a moment.  Another moment and he frowned.  "Okay woman I said get up now, that's an order."  When she didn't he looked at her with narrow, speculative eyes and swam to her.  "Shit!" he cursed and grabbed her out of the water.  He turned her over and checked for breath.  There was blood rising to the surface of the water and he grew even more concerned.  "Shit, shit shit.  If another recruit dies on my hands, Seranth is going to be pissed.  C'mon meat bag wake up!"

Dram same to the edge of the water and dragged her up with him, laying her on her back on the shore and slapping her face.  "C'mon!  Show me something!  Anything!"  He hoped he didn't have her mouth to mouth but he was quickly running out of time and options if she didn't at least open her eyes soon.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Rai could see the light. Her chest felt tight and she wanted to move her arms to tear away the whatever was keeping her from breathing, but she couldn't reach it. She was trapped in her own body, and she didn't know what to do. The smack on her cheek stung and she felt her head roll to the side. Was she dying? She was dying. Rai'nish simply laid there while her brain screamed for oxygen and Dram tried to smack her awake.

Lion

Dram smacked her face as hard as he could short of punching her, but nothing was working!  Why was nothing working!?  He grimaced and looked at her mouth.  "Damn you, gods, for making me do this," he murmured and started pumping his hands at the center of her chest to get her to cough up water.  Then he leaned down and paused as he tipped her head back and opened her mouth.  "If you remember this, meat bag, I'll beat you until you forget it!"  Then pressed his mouth to hers and blew a deep breath of air into her lungs before starting the process over again.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

It took a few breaths before her body remembered how to cough and the water gushed out of her lungs. Soaked was a good word for what she was at the moment. Soaked and sick looking.  She felt the tingle of pressure from her lips and let her eyes open to stare up at the sky. In an effort to get more air she was breathing heavily and she turned her head to the side to cough some more. She was on her hands and knees before she finally finished coughing.

A loud gasp and she was on her butt again, only this time she was clutching her leg. "Ah! I broke my leg!" Rai'nish gasped and let her mouth drop open to stare ahead, shocked, her hand came away, the palm covered in blood. Well, it wasn't covered so much as there were a few streaks, but it was more blood than she usually had on her hand, so it caused her to panic. She swallowed to keep her throat from hurting and she looked up at Dram. Of course she knew he saved her, and she knew his character well enough already that he would kill her for having to give her CPR. So she kept silent.

"Cap'n! I broke my leg! Falling down! AND," Rai'nish wiggled, "my back feels like I got slapped fifteen times." Landing on water from that height would hurt, Rai'nish just never realized how much.

Lion

Dram spit violently away when she finally woke up and coughed water from her lungs.  "Blah, bleh, blaaacchhh!" he spat and rubbed his mouth clean.  He didn't believe he had to do that, but it was better to have her alive than dead.  Well, at least for now it would be.  If she died, it would either be in active combat or alone in the woods and far away from him!

Then she started going batshit crazy and Dram looked at her with wide eyes as she made her display.  "Let me look at that!" he said savagely.  He examined her leg carefully and pursed his lips at the amount of blood that had resulted from the wound.  "What are you talking about broken?  It's just a scratch!  But just wait a moment, I can dress it for you.  You crybaby."

Dram reached for his belt and pulled out a bundle in an oilskin.  He sat down and put her leg on his lap.  Unwrapping the oilskin he pulled out strips of cloth that were free from the water and he cut a long strip with his sword.  Setting that aside, he pulled a vial from his belt and poured a few droplets of a blue serum onto her leg.  "That's to prevent infection.  It stings a little so brace yourself," he said carefully.  He then grabbed the cloth and carefully wrapped it several times around the wound, making sure it was snug enough to put pressure on the cut.  He knotted it in front and pat her leg. "There.  That's better, isn't it?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"NO." Rai'nish stated, calmly, quietly. Okay, she was loud and she had squeezed her finger nails into her palms, that stung! It stung on her already hurting leg! He might as well just shove his fingers into the cuts. "No, it is not better!" Rai'nish didn't move her leg from his lap though and closed her eyes, flopping her forearm over her eyes to keep them closed while she kept her breathing even.

"It stings." She whined quietly before she sat up, her leg still in Drams lap. "Cap'n." She swallowed and looked at his lips before she looked into his creepy, creepy red eyes. "I have a confession."

Lion

Man she had a mouth on her.  Dram rolled his eyes and ruffled his Mohawk, drying it out a little.  "You're such a whiner!  I was doing you a favor and all you can do is complain.  It's no use trying to help people when all they do is cry and moan about stuff!  You got a real big mouth on you, you know that?  Don't you ever once have anything grateful to say?"  Dram didn't want to hear about anything she had to say about any confession and he slapped the newly dressed wound so that it stung.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Lion

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"I am greatful!" Rai'nish called looking offended. She didn't call him any names! Or cuss him out! Of course being polite wasn't her number one objective but still! Rai frowned and crossed her arms over her chest before she glared off to the side only to jolt when he slapped the wound. "Mother ffff-" Rai'nish squiggled away, glaring at him, "Well now I'll never tell you! Even if you ask me to! That confession? Ain't no confession anymore!"

She stood awkwardly after she managed to, her wounded leg just lightly touhing the ground to keep her balance while she wobbled anyway and glared at her captain. "Thank you for dressing the wound, but you don't have to be so damn angry all the time!"

Lion

Confession, schmession!  Dram didn't really give a damn to hear what she had to say because she was being more ignorant than he was!  And he knew ignorant!...  Wait.  That didn't really mesh together!  Fuck it, it didn't matter.  Dram was still pissed and he wanted to beat the crap out of her but that was because he just needed something to take his anger out on.  Instead he just cursed and punched the ground and looked at her as she tried to stand.

Then his anger melted away and he stood, frustrated with her. He caught her at the waist and put one of her arms around his shoulders.  "Look, okay maybe I'm wrong.  But when someone's trying to help you, even after humiliating me like that, it wouldn't hurt to show it once and while, you know?  Sorry for hitting your wound, but it really isn't that bad.  You're not going to die....not right now at least."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"I didn't mean to humiliate, you if it's worth anything." Rai'nish cleared her throat and looked at Dram. Why was he so close? Rai'nish smiled and leaned her head away, while not trying to be rude. Sure she slept beside him naked, but they hadn't actually gotten jiggy with it. Dram didn't know that though. Did he think that he was being all cuddly because she wanted it? Oh no!

So, Rai'nish leaned heavily on him, pressing her side against his and looking down at her still see-through top. Well, he didn't appear to be putting any moves on her, so maybe she was just being paranoid. She'd have to tell him eventually that they didn't screw. Eventually. Maybe when he was over it. That'd be a relief then, right? Right! Rai'nish maneuvered herself to press her forehead against Drams chest. Might have been weird, but it was how she'd learned to show gratitude. If he wanted to he could easily break her neck.

"Thank you. For all the help. And I know it's just a scratch, but if I freak out over the little things I won't freak out so badly if I got stabbed or if my leg got sliced off. " Rai winced at the idea of losing a whole leg (As opposed to just half of one) and then she moved her hands to Drams waist and stayed. "Just... stay quiet, and take in the sounds. And just... Know that I thank you, because while the scratch wouldn't have killed me, I would have drown and... You saved my life. I'm indebted to you."

Lion

Dram looked at her with funny eyes as he realized something from this angle.  He could definitely break her neck if he wanted!  Oh...and he could get away with it too!  No one would come looking for her!  Well, with the exception of Seranth and maybe some of the other trainees and stupid meat bags.  But nobody in Dram's troupe would dare question him or his judgment.  Not if they didn't want to run laps for the rest of their lives.  He thought about it for a moment and after looking at Rai'nish and that damn look in her face, he grimaced and accepted something he would never openly admit to anyone: he was actually starting to respect her.

She leaned heavily on him and he wasn't sure he was comfortable with her presence as close as it was.  He was just trying to keep her from letting her face get a taste of the ground, but he sure has hell wasn't above letting it happen now that he thought about.  Would definitely be worth the laugh.  Dram was still and stared away at the water with wide, confused eyes when she moved her hands to his waist.  He froze, not know just what to do.  He certainly wasn't used to be touched so gently.  If it was a punch or a slash or a stab, he could handle that.  But gentle embraces were not his forte.

It was a good five minutes before he even found a sound to make.   He was getting such weird tingling feelings all over him and in his belly and he wasn't sure he liked it, but he found himself hugging her back, if a little awkwardly for he didn't really know her out there except that she was a cunning manipulative shrew that seemed to be bound to make his life a living hell.  Dram looked at her shirt and just stared at them before he cleared his throat and let go of her.  There back to normal!

"Damn right you're indebted to me!  If you wanna stay in my troop, you're going to have to prove yourself even harder.  I bet you've never even been in a real fight before, have you?  I bet you don't even have the scars to prove it!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn