Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Loves long walks on the beach and candlelit dinners

Started by Anonymous, August 25, 2011, 10:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glimmeringpearl

Glimmer had to think more quickly. She pressed the end of her fin to the sand and arched her stomach and chest off the land, inching her way to the water. Frantic, trembling fingers splashed in the water, wriggling toward it. Just a few more inches. She began to flop around again, desperate to get into the water.

Anonymous

Noelani paused, unsure what to do and they could hear the frantic sounds, "What's happening? Are you alright?"

Glimmeringpearl

"G-Get away!! Or... Or I'll do something! Don't come any closer." Stranded on land, the mermaid flopped about furiously in panic. She had to get away or she'd be fried like codfish and they'd eat her. She was too young to be eaten by them!!

Anonymous

Noelani froze, holding their hands up, "I wont come any closer. I mean you no harm. Are you injured? I can't tell what's happening, I'm blind."

Noelani hated saying that, hated when their lack of sight made her weak.

Glimmeringpearl

The mermaid's tail flopped with a loud noise, in shock and she went perfectly still. "You're worried if I'm injured when you can't see..." She muttered, mostly to herself by the volume of it. She turned herself to face the human, cautiously. The human looked nothing like the depictions of them on walls and other such places in the sea. In fact, this one looked a lot like her....

"Human, I will allow you to come closer if you promise not to eat me!"

Anonymous

Noelani's expression turned puzzled, having heard the mermaid's comment, "Well, yes. Why wouldn't I be worried? And why would I want to eat you?"

Glimmeringpearl

"I am a mermaid, human. So... Keep your jagged teeth in your mouth and I will allow you to advance closer." She said and finally slid into the water, slipping over toward her. "Here I am. Come close to the water, human and we may converse. How is it you do not see any longer, poor creature?" Her coral tail sways around in the water.

Anonymous

"I don't believe my teeth are jagged, but I promise I have no intention of biting you." Noelani moved until their feet were in the water, then they sat down, enjoying the warm water, "I was taken ill as a child. But I don't mind, it's given me the ability to see things which most people can't."

Glimmeringpearl

"Oh," Said she, a simple sound of mild pity. She scooted closer to the blind girl. "Maybe when I become a full-fledge mermaid, I could sing over your eyes and heal them."

Anonymous

"Oh, I don't mind really. I get to see things no one else can." Noelani cocked their head slightly, the rest of that sinking in, "You can heal people with song?"

Glimmeringpearl

Glimmer scooted closer. "Yes, we can. Mermaids, that is. However.... It'd be hard. It takes a long time to sing it and..." She looked out to the sea with the waves crashing on the shore. "It might not work here on land... You'd have to come underwater with me and... You might...." She didn't want to say the word drown. Why couldn't humans be made to go and be in the joy of water....

Anonymous

"I think that it doesn't sound like it would work for me." Noelani shrugged and smiled again, "I'm not worried. I have other advantages. So you are a mermaid then? Can I ask what exactly a mermaid is?"

Glimmeringpearl

The girl paused. How would she describe herself. "I guess... I look a lot like you but... I have a fin instead of..." She tapped Neolani's leg. "These."

Anonymous

"A fin? Hmmm." Noelani tried to imagine that, but it wasn't really working. Giving a shrug, they smiled again, "That must make swimming easier. I love to swim, though it upsets Enoka so much when I do. They thinks everything is going to be my death.

Glimmeringpearl

"How do you know where you're going?" Asked the mermaid, thoughtfully grooming herself. "Wouldn't you... Get lost?" A note of concern in her voice was evident, but not pressing.