Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Shadow in the Sun (Closed)

Started by Lion, September 19, 2011, 09:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Maybe it's a chance some people might take for your breasts.  Maybe I'd have better luck in the desert if we traded chests for a week.  Not that it matters.  I'm an idiot, forget I said anything of it."  Hysaeda shook his head and shook his head at the water skin.  The loaded horse carried a skin of it's own and he took it off before tossing it over to her.

"Why is it that you want to travel so much?  Is life not so satisfying where you're from?  What do you do anyway?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

"Why would you want my breasts? They're pretty heavy-OH! You mean so they can sleep with me!" Panya laughed, finally getting it, "People here are so uptight about sex. They never have it and get so weird about it. I'll never understand it."

His other question gave Panya pause, "Oh, well, hmm...it is just...the same where I'm from. It's so closed off, I want to see more of it." With a huff, she blew a hunk of hair out of her eyes, "I'm part of my God's harem. But I don't like him much."

Lion

"You might be right about that.  But would they be uptight about it?  I doubt there'd be much else to do in the desert.  Aside from dying of thirst...or hunger."  Hysaeda frowned and his stomach growled.  He didn't even remember the last time he ate.  

Hysaeda narrowed confused eyes at her.  "Your gods harem?  I don't suppose he's a 'real' god is he?  What kind of god is he?  What kind of power does he have that makes him godly?  I can't imagine it's anything pleasant or exciting if it makes you want to leave."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

"Oh, I don't know. There is always plenty to do, but, you would think they would be less strange about sex. Or breasts. I don't get the obsession everyone has with it. But, well, I guess if having breasts helps me out, I'm glad."

She shrugged her shoulders, not sure how to answer his questions about Charik, "He is our God. Of course he is real. He rules us. It's what the Gods have always done. Haven't you ever met a God before?"

Lion

Hysaeda nodded.  He wouldn't have understood it either if he'd been in her position.  He wanted to be stubborn and take off with the night wind.  A gust touched his skin and he shivered.  He didn't like it out here...it seemed so, empty.  He'd forgotten that life lived here, somewhere far away or deep in the depths of endless sand.  It'd been so long since he'd last crossed the desert, he hated himself for forgetting, but there was no helping that.  Only to move on.

The discussion on this 'god' unnerved him a little and he wondered back on that shiver and if it really was from the wind.  He knew people could be fanatic about their idols, some more than others.  But he doubted the authenticity of this god.  Perhaps she was some kind of cult member and he became wary of her.  He considered her question for a while, bowing his head in thought.  "No, I have not seen a god.  Had visions, yes.  With the naked eye, no.  What does he look like this god of yours?  Does he have a name?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"Oh really? What kind!" Panya found that very interesting. She had never heard of anyone having visions of a God before. She couldn't imagine Charik doing anything like that. The sun was starting to set and the air was growing colder. Panya shivered a little, glad the heat wasn't as vicious as it had been, but the nights got very, very cold.

"His name is Charik. He's half snake." She patted her thigh before realizing it made her seat less secure on the horse and went back to gripping its name for dear life, "No legs. And he's so loud! Always talk talk talking. Like a bird."

Lion

"Just visions.  Not for your ears though.  Just the way things are," Hysaeda said simply and honestly.  "I see, then.  A naga with a god-complex.  That makes sense.  And you say he rules you?  In what way does he rule you?  With his words, huh, his body?  If all he does his talk, I don't think that makes for a very wise ruler."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"What do you mean? He rules us. He..." She paused, pursing her lips and trying to think of how to describe it, "He runs our kingdom. He makes sure we are taken care of. I suppose mostly with words, he doesn't leave the palace a whole lot. And, well, Isi really does most of the work. But he's a God, he has more important things to worry about."

Lion

Hysaeda found humor in everything she said.  It seemed so convoluted, the way she said it, but at least he'd give her credit for keeping her faith and attempting to explain it to him.  He almost didn't know what to believe for himself anymore.  For his god did not work the same way as other gods did, if that's really what this naga thing was.  "More important things?  Like making sure you stay faithful to him, worship his every move?  Does he know you're out here in the desert?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"In the desert? Probably not. He knows I'm out adventuring, but I'm not sure he really gets that there is a desert here for me to muck about in." Panya laughed and shrugged, "He's stupid and annoying, but he is our God. What can you do?"

Lion

"He must be very understanding," Hysaeda remarked.  "But I guess there's not much you can do.  Sometimes you can't choose your god; sometimes your god chooses you.  And maybe he's not as responsible as he should be.  But maybe that's not his fault either.  Not that I'm any expert on the subject."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"Me either." Panya gave another laugh, shrugging and waving her hand, "That is the realm of the Gods and not for us to bother with. There are much more exciting things to talk of than Gods. When we get to the oasis, we shall celebrate! We have just had a wonderful, heart pounding adventure and made away like kings! And I'm on a horse!"

Lion

Hysaeda actually grinned from amusement at her and he gave a small chuckle at her enthusiasm.  "Seems like the story of my life," Hysaeda muttered and nudged the horse off into a run.  The cool air was such a welcomed changed to the overbearing and deathly heat of the sun.  Hysaeda never though he would welcome the moon, like he had this night.  Dust flew up from the hooves of their horses as they rode on.

The sand became sparser and bits of vegetation began to spew up from cracks and soon they came upon the oasis.  A small village of about ten or fifteen or so tents were built around the wide expanse of water, which gleamed like liquid silver in the moonlight.  "Here we are," Hysaeda said.  "I don't suppose you want to get something to eat would you and I think the horses need their rest."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

When the horses took off, Panya shrieked, clinging with legs and arms to the horse, rains flapping as it rode after Hysaeda. She had never moved so fast in her life and it was thrilling and terrifying all at once. She was very lucky that her horse was passive enough that it just followed along, going slower than the other horse, but fast enough she wasn't left behind.

Once the horse stopped and lowered it's head to much at some of the grass, Panya lifted her head, wide-eyed, shaking and pale to look around her. She slid off the horse, rather ungracefully, her knees giving out as she sunk to the ground, hand over her heart, "Oh! Oh! That-you-so fast!"

Lion

Hysaeda slipped out of the saddle without a problem but heard a stumble and glanced his amber-red eyes over to his new companion.  What the hell was wrong with this girl?  He furrowed his brows and walked over to her.  "Are you some kind of ditz or kook or something?  Haven't you ever ridden a horse before?" he said, holding out his hand to help her up.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Panya shook her head, heart hammering in her chest, "I don't know those words, but I've only ever been on a walking one."

She lifted her head and gave a shaky laugh, "I didn't...I've never gone that fast before in my life." Taking his hand, Panya stood, though she leaned against Hysaeda, her knees still weak, "It was very exciting! Like a first orgasm, wonderful, breathtaking and shocking!"

Lion

Hysaeda pulled her up and shrugged.  "Horses are all right, but I'd rather walk if I can.  In the case of the desert, horses are faster and more efficient.  And they make delicious jerky when cooked and spiced just right, just so you know.  Seeing as you're still here, why don't you make yourself useful and go gather some supplies for a fire."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Panya looked around, still feeling shaky and on an adrenaline high. She chewed on her lower lip, a little unsure, "Um...like what? I don't know what to get. There isn't really any wood..."

The times she had been traveling in the desert, she had traveled with others and they had taken care of the fire.

Lion

Hysaeda looked at her with incredulous eyes and he said in a blank voice, "You...don't know how to light a fire?  Hm."  He grimaced a little and set his mouth.  It was almost beyond belief, and yet it didn't take long for him to recognize why.  She seemed the type that had always had someone take care of her, or at least do things for her where that was concerned.  He didn't care much to be taken care of, not after having learned how to survive on his own.  "Well, if you don't know, now is the time to learn.  Let's go find something to burn."

Hysaeda stepped through the life of the oasis.  Yes it would be hard to find something to burn here and furthermore where to burn it without setting the whole place on fire.  He leaned down and inspected what vegetation grew there plucked pieces of it where he found it was dry enough.  "You see this?" he asked and showed her the dry leaves he held in his hand.  "When it feels like it wants to crunch in your hand, that's when it's good enough to burn.  When it's dry, there is no moisture inside of the plant to keep the fire from burning continuously.  See if you can find some just like this."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Panya followed after Hysaeda, watching him search. She held onto his wrist with one hand, keeping it in place while he studied the leaves, head slightly cocked, "And we don't want moisture? That makes sense! So I want to find dry plants, or just this one?"

She lifted her head and grinned up at the man, "I am learning much today! Normally Bri does all this. He fusses so much! And at home, there are slaves. How did you learn so many things?"