Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Time to reflect

Started by Anonymous, September 26, 2011, 05:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Yes." The boy gave him a puzzled look, confused as to why the man looked so surprised.

Anonymous

"Really?..." said Jailith. "I did not know... Anyways, take toys and share with rest of children, okay?" He stood up, giving the boy one last smile then casually walked back towards Noelani. He sat down next to her, stretching a little.

"I not realize you had child." he mentioned to her.

Anonymous

The children quickly split up the toys and began to play, rapidly talking in excited voices. Noelani nodded her head, staring off in the distance, "I have three. They are my heart."

Anonymous

"Hm...Not sure, guess I just never thought of the possibility of you being mother..." He had to admit though that with the truth brought to light it made quite a bit of sense, she did seem to have a caring and nurturing nature that fit a mother quite well.  It made Jailith think of his own mother, a subject that was very sorrowful to the man. His face and whole spirit seemed to be depressed from it's earlier relaxed and peaceful state it had been when interacting with the children.

"So you love your children huh...." the words were barely above a whisper, more to himself then to her.

Anonymous

"Of course. I love all my children." She gestured to the group of them, "We all do here." She cocked her head, slightly puzzled, "Is your homeland different?"

Anonymous

"For loving children?" asked Jailith. "No, it not different. I wonder though if my mother would still love me though...." Again his whole countenance grew heavy with sorrow and grief.

Anonymous

"I'm sure she does. You have chosen a life of violence and vengeance, but I doubt that makes her love for you any less." Noelani would never stop loving her children, all of them, those she bore and those she helped raise. She might be disappointed, but she would never stop loving them.

Anonymous

Jailith scoffed inwardly. He wished he had the confidence that she bore. He couldn't though, he knew what he had done and the consequences that followed those actions.

"I wish so sure I could be." he sighed. "I don't think I can...Not with what I know..."

Anonymous

"You are tricked by a spirit. It happens, we all make mistakes. But a mother loves her child and helps him move past it. Sometimes we must be stern, to teach our children right from wrong, but that doesn't make the love less." Noelani reached over and patted Jailith on his hand, "You blind yourself to love with your hatred. That is all."

Anonymous

"I just..." Jailith stopped for a moment, unsure what to say. "Well, let me ask this, would you forgive one of your children if they killed you, if they responsible for your death?" Jailith knew it was a heavy question, but it was something that preyed upon his mind, he couldn't help asking it.

Anonymous

"Yes. Because I know that would be an accident. Or they had a good reason. They are my heart, they would never hurt me knowingly. No one here would." She smiled and shrugged, "It is sad. That you have such...walls around you. That hide your heart from others until you can't see the love."

Anonymous

A heavy sigh escaped from Jailith's lips, unable to be held back. "I suppose..." he said, voice a very solemn tone. "But if I not to keep up walls I-" his voice stopped, not wanting to say those words. Yet he thought them in his mind 'Or I may end up killing you and anyone else who gets close.' Not knowing what else to say Jailith's gaze turned downwards to the ground, arms resting on his knees as his mouth remained closed for that time.

Anonymous

Noelani gave a small shrug, "You worry too much. When you are ready, you will find love."