Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Silver Rose -- Judas' Room [Private]

Started by Anonymous, October 14, 2011, 05:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

On the second floor of Silver Rose, down the long hallway and the last door on the right, is the room that belongs to the 'Thief for Hire', known only as Judas.

His room was a rather simple one, though the belongings that could be found spoke that Judas liked owning nice things. Both windows in the room were covered with heavy pieces of rough fabric and several animal pelts, stifling out almost any sunlight that might peek into the room. The fireplace was kept full of smoldering embers, but only allowed to burn warmer in extremely cold weather.

His bed was very large and sturdy, and surprisingly soft for someone who wasn't very rich. Though the comfort of his bed was due to Bramley and Rosael's crafting abilities. If the bed weren't soft, Judas would constantly ache. They often teased him by asking if he wasn't a wayward prince. He wasn't, of course. The bed was piled with many pieces of varying fabrics, as well as several pelts and furs.

At the foot of the bed there was a large, beautifully carved wooden trunk, with an odd sort of lock, apparently made of red-stained bone. This lock had been obtained from a sorcerer back in his own world, and would only open should it taste his fresh blood.

There was a long desk with an oil lamp on it, several small, tattered books written in the language of his native land. On the end of the desk closest to the bed, there were several weapons of varying types and sizes, the smaller of which were scattered about the desk along with many tools for picking locks, and several locks that he had taken apart. There were also several leather belts with places to hold things, and small vials containing different types of powders and liquids.

On the end of the desk closest to the door, there were many scraps of leather, along with different tools for working with it and solutions to apply in order to change the hardness of it. He mostly made small, meaningless decorations when he was bored, though some people liked buying them. Several already made ornaments laid about the desk.

The room was kept dimly lit unless Judas required more light for something he was doing, though that didn't happen terribly often. The room also felt rather cold most of the time, which Judas preferred.

Anonymous

Ashlar had taken the saddle gingerly from Judas, although in stature the kitsune was much smaller, he hefted the thing with little trouble. He had expected it to be heavier than it was, and wondered how his master could find the thing truly heavy. Ah, but he didn't know all there was to know about his master, and his master didn't know all there was to know about him.

The boy followed in silence, frowning at Judas' back as he was told that his master's work was dangerous. Now, he had just gotten a new master, and his new master was actually nice! He didn't want anything to happen to Judas, he didn't want to go back to the cages. As he entered the room he looked about curiously. His natural instinct was to look around and explore his new sleeping quarters.

"Ah, where would Master like the saddle placed? Ashlar gets to sleep in here? It is very nice, where does Ashlar sleep?" His mind hadn't really thought about the huge, cozy-looking bed, that was for his master. Even when his job had been to warm his master's bed, rarely had he been permitted to sleep there afterwards.

Anonymous

"Just set it down, I don't care where," Judas replied, pulling off his cloak once the door was shut behind them.

He tossed his cloak over the chair in front of the desk, revealing the leather armor he wore over his clothing. He began unfastening buckles and shedding the hard leather first, then the soft leather. Many small weapons and a few larger ones came off his person as he stripped down to only the light, soft layer of clothing he wore directly against his skin. He left the articles he'd removed scattered over the desk, chair, and floor around it, not caring to tidy it up as he'd just be putting it all back on again before he left.

"You can sleep in the bed if that doesn't bother you. I'm a light sleeper though, so try not to move around a lot. I don't have much to amuse you..." He opened up a much smaller wooden trunk than the one at the foot of the bed and left it open.

"Mira makes all sorts of strange metal trinkets. You're supposed to take them apart without breaking them, then try to put them back together. They're kinda fun, but they get frustrating pretty fast," he told Ashlar, before moving to sit on the bed.

"Is there anything you want to talk about?"

Anonymous

Ashlar looked around before gently placing the saddle down near the desk, since that was wear his master was discarding all his clothes. It didn't bother him that Judas was stripping in front of him, it wasn't like he hadn't seen naked men before, but then as he subtly watched, his master didn't fully undress anyway, so it hardly mattered.

As soon as he had set the saddle down, Ashlar had been looking around, with his hands behind his back, not touching anything. When Judas mentioned him sleeping in the bed with him, he tured to look at his master. Shifting from one foot to the other he cast his eyes down to the floor.

"Ah, Ashlar would enjoy the comfort of such a nice bed, but is Master sure that he doesn't mind?" Sharing a bed with a master long enough to fulfil his master's needs was one thing, but to actually sleep in it? He wasn't sure how to really take that. The moving shouldn't really be a problem, Ashlar slept like the dead, or so he'd been told.

As Judas sat down on the bed, Ashlar took a seat in the floor in front of him. Sitting comfortably cross-legged and looking up at him. The first thought that came to him was that Judas had promised he could have a bath, but his master was tired and it could wait, but he was certainly not getting into that bed dirty!

"Mm, does Master have questions for Ashlar? Master can ask Ashlar anything about himself. There must be things Master wishes to know about Ashlar?" He had finally pulled Wallaby, his stuffed puppy, back out from where he had shoved him under his shirt. He hugged the toy to his chest and looked up at Judas with one ear perked, one ear drooped, and a slight tilt of his head.

Anonymous

"I don't mind at all," Judas said with a small smile. "Ah, I forgot about your bath, didn't I?" he asked, rising to his feet and heading for the bedroom door.

"I'll go see that a bath gets made for you. Why don't you stay here and look through that box for something that interests you?" he asked, before stepping out of the room.

Not too terribly long later, Judas returned to his bedroom. "Bramley's getting your bath ready. It's outside behind the house. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to rest while you're bathing."

Anonymous

Ashlar opened his mouth to protest. His master should not put off resting just so a slave could have a bath! Of course, Judas told him to look through the box he had been shown and his teeth clicked shut instinctively. As soon as his master left the room he walked over and peeked inside at the little metal puzzles. His ears flickered in curiosity, but he didn't try any of them.

It wasn't very long before Judas had returned, informing him that his bath was being prepared. Oh dear, this wasn't the way it was supposed to work at all. Bramley was drawing his bath for him? He should have done it himself, not have it done for him. What was a slave to think?

"Oh, Ashlar does not mind if Master rests. Yes, yes, Master is weary and should rest. Ashlar will see to himself."

After grabbing up his new clothes Ashlar disappeared quickly, darting back out the way he had come in and doing his best to avoid anyone. The last thing he wanted was to be confronted by an occupant of his master's house that didn't approve of his presence. It was easy to find the bath, and as soon as he did, he thought he was in heaven.

Almost an hour of scrubbing and relaxing and just enjoying himself passed. Finally Ashlar reluctantly left the tub and put on his new clothes. He hadn't wanted to disturb his master, and he'd been enjoying the bath, but he didn't want anyone to get worried and come looking for him. That would have been so shameful. Picking up Wallaby and hugging him tightly to his chest, he once again crept through the house, back up to the room he shared with Judas.

He thought about knocking, then thought better of it, in case his master was asleep, and simply slid inside the room as quietly as possible.

Anonymous

Sometime that night, Judas dressed himself to leave. Equipping the necessary tools for his job that night, he left.

He didn't return until after the sun had already risen. Judas went up to his room sporting a rather nasty sunburn, revealing it to be bad over most of his body, even though he had been clothed while in the sun.

After dressing down to only his under-trousers, he sat carefully in the chair at his desk and began dabbing a somewhat white and iridescent watery liquid onto his skin using a soft scrap of cloth.

Anonymous

Ashlar had curled up near the foot of the bed upon his return from his bath. The day had been an exciting one and he was thoroughly exhausted. He shouldn't have been so quick to sleep, especially since he should have been alert so that he could have tended to his master's needs, should any have arose. Still, as soon as he curled up, he sank into a deep sleep and remained motionless.

When Judas got up, dressed, and left, Ashlar was oblivious. When Judas returned, Ashlar had not stirred or moved from his spot, still sleeping peacefully. Wallaby was hugged tightly to his chest. As Judas undressed there was a faint stirring, the flick of an ear here, a wiggle of his tail there. The boy curled into a tighter ball for a moment, before one hand reached out, searching across the bed, as if looking for something...or someone.

After a few moments of searching, Ashlar jerked straight up in the bed with a gasp, looking around wildly. There was no recognition in his eyes of his surroundings for a moment. After a moment his senses returned to him and his entire body seemed to wilt slightly. For only a moment, there seemed to be tears in his eyes, but with a blink they were gone, easily missed.

Suddenly he realized that Judas was there, and remembered everything that had happened. His eyes widened and he gasp and shuddered as he looked on his master. "Oh no, no, no. What has happened to Ashlar's dear, dear Master?"

The boy got up and nervously approached Judas, not sure if he would be an annoyance or not. "Does Master need any help? Oh please let Ashlar be of some assistance! Ashlar has been so useless to Master so far."

Anonymous

"Sunlight," he replied with a wince as he applied the liquid to one his his badly burned ears. "I didn't wear my cloak. It would've gotten in the way. I found myself still out in the open with the sun already rising."

He winced again, pausing in his application of the medicine. "If you want to help you can put some on my back..."

Anonymous

Ashlar listened to the explanation with a frown. Oh how awful. He looked to be burned from head to toe! The excuse was a poor one, though. "Gotten in the way? Master, if your cloak could have prevented...this..." He stopped talking, but the frustration was easy to see on his face and in his eyes.

The boy nodded curtly when he was told that he could apply the medicine to his master's back. "Yes, Ashlar will be happy to help. Ashlar can put it on Master's back. Ashlar will be very, very gentle."

Anonymous

"My cloak is thick and heavy. It would've knocked something over, and I'd have been killed. I don't think I'll be taking work from him again, though. I told him I don't like going into houses when there are people sleeping inside."

With a loud, pained hiss, Judas applied the medicine to his other ear, jumping at the sudden pain. "Serves me right I guess," he muttered, before handing the wet cloth off to Ashlar.

Anonymous

Ashlar frowned still, but accepted the explanation without further complaint. A good slave should not have questioned his master's actions to begin with, he reminded himself. Actually, he was forcing himself to repeat the admonishment to himself over and over again, trying to ease the nauseous feelings that had overcome him.

Keeping his sudden sickness down and continuing his self-berating, he took the wet cloth and slowly, carefully began wiping the burned skin with his small, delicate hands. He started at the shoulders and neck, and would carefully work his way down, hopefully while causing as little discomfort as possible.

"Ashlar is sorry. Ashlar should never, ever question Master's actions. Also, Ashlar hope he is being gentle enough..."

Anonymous

"You're allowed to question me," he replied. He tried to smile reassuringly, but ended up hissing as Ashlar ran the cloth over a very sensitive place on his back.

"Oh Gods that hurt," he hissed through gritted teeth. "I'm not going without my cloak again. It just isn't worth it..."

Anonymous

Ashlar sighed as Judas told him he was allowed to question. Of course his master didn't understand. No one had explained about the collar. Well, Ashlar really didn't feel like spelling out all the little quirks of his slavery at that moment. All he wanted was to help his master feel better.

Each pained hiss that passed Judas' lips made Ashlar wince. Continuously he tried to be even gentler with the cloth, while still applying sufficient medication. "Master could always take the cloak and then leave it outside until he is finished so it does not get in his way?"

Anonymous

"I can't risk doing that to Isa... My cloak is made from his hide and hair. Someone with significant magical abilities could use it to kill him. He broke a very important dragon law by having it made for me... I can't allow his life being in danger just because he chose to help protect mine."

He sighed and shook his head some, his ears flopping just ever so slightly with the movement. "After I've managed to rest a little, could you please get Bramley for me and ask him if he could help me get a bath?"

Anonymous

Ashlar frowned as Judas explained to him about the cloak. Well wasn't that interesting? Those ears drooped further as he put on the most apologetic expression he could muster. "Ashlar is sorry, he didn't know."

He nodded absently, trying to pay close attention to what his hands were doing. He really didn't want to hurt his master any more than he was already hurt. Slowly he pulled his hands away. "Of course, Master. Ashlar will be happy to. Just tell Ashlar when you are ready for your bath and Ashlar will take care of it."

Anonymous

"No need to apologize for not knowing," Judas replied with a soft, tired sigh. "I hope you aren't upset with me for not waking you up before I left. You were sleeping so soundly I didn't want to bother you."

Anonymous

Ashlar shook his head slightly. "Ashlar is not upset with Master. Ashlar was happy to rest. Ashlar is always happy to rest, but only when Master does not need him."

Anonymous

"Then rest as much as you like. I'll wake you if I need you," Judas laughed, his ears twitching. The movement of his ears caused another pained hiss.

"I think I'd like you to go fetch Bramley now, please."

Anonymous

Ashlar was quick to jump up at the request and darted from the room. After a few minutes he returned, switching back and forth between a smile and a grimace. He was happy that he could serve, but upset that his master was in pain.

"Ashlar did as Master asked."