Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

My stick! [Rina!]

Started by Rhindeer, October 24, 2011, 03:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Speeding down the street at a dead run, Mataki laughed and glanced over her shoulder at her pursuers. It was like a game! Just like the games she and her brother used to play when they were pups, only that had been over a stick or a bone and not a carved hollow stick with some holes in the top. You picked up the stick and tried to take it from each other and chased each other around, and it was loads of wild fun! Which was kind of what was going on now, except she was in human form and the person after her didn't seem that happy.

Oh well! She was swifter, always had been the quickest in her pack, and some people were sore losers.

She'd taken the flute because it had been right out there in the open, right on a table, and it made the most interesting sounds when you blew in it, as the person tending the table had shown her. And he'd given it to her! Handed it right over, so she'd taken it. And now apparently she'd initiated a game. Huh. Humans were so odd! But Mataki went with it, grinning and darting in and out of alleys. It was her stick now, dammit!

Turning a corner sharply, she had been unable to see that it wasn't clear and wound up barreling right into another woman. She had time enough only to let out a surprised yelp before they both went crashing over each other and to the hard ground.

And she clutched her stick the entire way down.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Shahira was really starting to hate this city. That thought went through her head as she went down hard, a figure slamming into her at full speed. The fae woman collapsed and there was an alarmed yelp from Zahi.

The sturdy demon grabbed at Mataki, tugging her away from his master while making, upset, grumpy noises. Shahira just gasped, trying to get air back into her lungs, vision blurred, "What the hells?!"

Rhindeer

Body curled protectively around her stick, Mataki snarled as the creature grabbed at her and started to squirm and thrash until she'd scrambled away from it, baring sharp teeth at the thing.

"Get yer muddy paws off me!" she growled, hopping to her feet and shaking her hair out of her eyes, the motion oddly dog-like. "And you, lady! Watch where yer goin'! Ya almost made me lose!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Lose?!" Shahira sat up, rubbing her ribs, long hair tangling in the dirt around her, "Excuse me? You are the one that ran into me so I get the apology. Brat!" She couldn't believe the audacity of the thing!

Rhindeer

"My stick!" Mataki clarified, whirling to face the woman and holding up the flute, expression indignant. "Ya almost made me lose my--!"

That was when she finally got an actual look at the woman and her eyes widened, mouth still open and forming the word she never actually said. She dropped her hand back down at her side and gawked, then let out a slow whistle.

"Whoaaa...you're pretty," she blurted. Here she'd been expecting more of the same dirty humans she'd seen all over the place, not a woman who looked like she'd been made from the forest.

Anonymous

Shahira took a deep breath, ready to snap at the stupid woman when she suddenly got called pretty. That knocked the wind right of her sails and Shahira blinked for a moment, then smirked, smoothing her long green hair back, "Well, yes, of course I am."

Rhindeer

Slowly, Mataki crept closer, expression curious and enthralled, green eyes wide. "How'd ya get your fur that color?" she asked, head tilted like a dog that was trying to figure out a foreign sound. "I've never seen anything like it."

Slowly, she reached out to touch the woman's hair, wondering if it would feel like leaves, too.

Anonymous

Shahira's hair was silty smooth and cool to the touch. She almost smacked the girls hand away, but the flattering pleased her too much, "It's my natural color. It is lovely, isn't it?"

Rhindeer

"It's so soft!" Mataki said, happily petting her lovely hair. "How does it grow like that?"

Anonymous

"It's just hair. It grows out of my head." Finally! Someone who was treating her right! Shahira leaned into the touch, pleased and content, "I'm so glad you appreciate it."

Rhindeer

"I didn't know hair came in that color!" Mataki said, then peered curiously at Shahira. "With my kind, it only comes in a few colors. I was lucky because I got two. But we don't get flower-colors like you."

Still petting the woman's hair, quite curious and content about it, she completely forgot about her stick--and the fact that she was being pursued--until she heard the shouts. Her head shot up and if she had large ears in this form, they would have been pricked forward and alert.

"Damn!" She grabbed her stick and growled low in her throat. "They're still comin'!"

Anonymous

Shahira was cut off in her reply when Mataki growled. Her yellow eyes narrowed, lips pulling back, "How rude!" She was being gushed at and complimented! And these stupid assholes were ruining it. Turning, Shahira balled her hands into fists, "Zahi! HERE!"

The squat, fat demon was at her side in an instant, staring up at her in adoration, slobbering heavily. Shahira pointed as the angry men rounded the corner, an affronted looking bardish looking man in the lead, "Get rid of them!"

The demon gave a throaty, wet bark and took off at the men, landing on one of the men's chest, attacking.

Rhindeer

When the fat little demon arrived, it took all of Mataki's willpower not to squeal in glee--which wasn't a good idea anyway since she ought to be running. She only paused when the little imp bowled over the bard--and sent the other two running with shrieks of terror.

Mataki clutched her stick to her chest and let out another snarl, watching the spectacle. "That's right! It's mine! Now go away!"

Anonymous

The bard managed to crawl away from Zahi and tear after his friends. Shahira called him back with a word, stroking his head absently. She had been enjoying her attention and pets and now that was ruined.

Clearing her throat, Shahira moved a little closer to Mataki, "You were saying about my hair?"