Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not What it Seems

Started by miss_sanguine, December 15, 2011, 09:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss_sanguine

The relief at having his hands freed was nothing compared to the pain he currently underwent, though that too was fading as he lie there.

"Oh, yes. I'm fine," he said with bitter sarcasm. "I love lying on the floor and feeling like someone's taken a knife to my side--which, ironically enough, someone has. Gods, Cat Man, what were you thinking?"

Then the doctor was shouting some more and Kabe winced. Once again his head pounded, each stressed word from the man's mouth barbed like a prickly plant.

"Stop shouting, man!" he said dryly. "If anything, he broke me, so you should probably get around to fixing that instead of adding the explosion of my very head to my list of ailments." Pain ebbing to something he could bear, Kabe rolled onto his back, arms splayed out beside him. It wasn't so bad down here, really. Maybe a bit hard and uncomfortable, but he didn't see himself getting up any time soon until he didn't feel like throwing up all over the place. The migraine didn't help.

He turned his head and looked at Cat Man, the man's terrified face truly amusing, making him smile. Oh, Cat Man. Full of new--if not a bit annoying--surprises.

Juno

"I thought it was a good idea!" he pleaded, trying desperately to keep defending himself, "You just- You just have no sense of humor!" Julian soon realized, though, that he was smiling, actually smiling. He wasn't quite sure what to do with this now. He had an angry, flustered doctor across the room and the injured, grumbling, yet smiling, Kabeyage right beside him. Normally he would have just bolted, but what bit of sense was in him said that he'd done a major no-no with all of this.

At least the doctor quieted enough in his fury for the pleading of his patient so that Julian was sure he'd at least live the next few moments of his life out. "Did I break you?" he asked slowly, tilting his head to the side to look down. His gaze focused on the side he knew to be hurt, briefly wondering if something had reopened amongst the nonsense he took as just fun.

The thought occurred to him that it would probably be demanded that he clean up everything and put things back and such and replace whatever had been broken or lost. No, he definitely didn't want to be around long for that and would probably find some way to weasel his way out if it came to that, sensible and mild a punishment it was.

miss_sanguine

No sense of humor! This made Kabe laugh, truly laugh--at least laugh as much as he could without bringing too much pain to himself than what he was already in. Oh, if this man only knew how much of a sense of humor he had. The moment he'd squeezed out of his mother's womb he'd had a smile on his face and a joke on his tongue.

"Break me? No, you didn't break me. I was already broken." This said, he reached up and grabbed the collar of the man's shirt, using the other's weight to pull himself up into a sitting position. Kia, it hurt, but that worried look on Cat Man's face was too much to bear. How could one relax on the floor when a man with huge kitten eyes was staring down at him?

"Don't you have any pain-killing herbs, doc?" he asked through gritted teeth, hands to his side once more. Something that'd knock him into another world, anything. He didn't need to think straight right now; he just wanted to feel better.

miss_sanguine

Closing this due to inactivity. If you'd like to start it up again, PM me.