Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Party To Behold [Complete]

Started by Casey, December 30, 2011, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey

"Clovis," he breathed out heavily. "I may have gone over-board," he admitted to her as she pushed aside his hair. He looked at her with his bright green eyes. A flushed smile formed on his face, and a chuckle escaped him. "A gift it may be, such a source of income, it is not." He shrugged off that concerned.

Clovis looked back towards the party, but realized it was not a place he fit in. He'd rather be amongst gardens and pets. In front of so many drunk aristocrats he felt uncomfortable and out of place. The gossiping, the value in making the most money possible, it was all lost on him. "My lady, I appreciate the time you've spent with me, but I must make my way back to my inn."

He stood, his legs feeling slightly like jello, but able to hold himself up. Clovis bowed to her politely, and then turned to leave.

Anonymous

Winter cut him off as he tried to give his real name again, smiling, "Hush my little Lawrence. You will ruin the mystery and enchantment of the evening." Winter patted his cheek, smiling, "That can be the curse of nobility. Do you have no land then?"

Her face fell when her new friend said he was leaving, "Already? But the party has hardly started!"

Casey

"It's Clovis Dussouier," he repeated a bit more firmly than he had the first few times. "I do have land. It's a purpose I lack. I'm determined to make a life for myself, not relying on others' money and prospects." Unwilling to discuss his personal life further due to fatigue, he promptly bowed and with a quick, "I'm sorry, m'lady," turned and left.

Anonymous

Winter blinked, surprised at his rapid and sudden shift in behavior. She hadn't meant to upset him and he had seemed to enjoy her light teasing earlier. But now he was angry and Winter felt awful for upsetting him so. She would have to find him. Dussouier. She would remember that name.