Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cheer Up Charm! ((Shea))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, December 31, 2011, 06:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor nodded to his comment in understanding. He supposed that they could be inspiring to some with their colour and brightness, their ability to come back every year with just the same boldness as the last. As for the matter that they had inspired Leslie's fashion, Windsor had little to no knowledge of such things. He had simply not taken any more notice in his clothing after taking note in the fact that the other man was fashionable.

Windsor let himself be led to the garden, a bit uplifted by the man's jovial attitude.

Though Windsor had no idea that plants could think, he felt a sense of welcoming at the garden. It was a beautiful place, as Leslie had said.

"It is beautiful...I can't believe I didn't notice these plants sooner."

miss_sanguine

"But what's this?" Leslie's eyes landed on a large bush that he'd not seen in the garden before. It stuck out from the rest of the plants, a grotesque brown color, its leaves shining as if coated with poison or slime. The flowers blooming on its branches shared the same color in brown, though splotches of black could be seen near the ends of the petals.

This plant had not been here yesterday.

Stepping toward it, Leslie cocked his head to the side, finger on his chin in thought. "Don't think I've seen this little . . . uh . . . unique beauty here before." A professional in his art in gardener, he had seen many plants of all shapes and sizes. Each was beautiful in its own right, but this plant here . . . this plant just wasn't pretty. At all. And he wasn't one to judge a plant on its appearance.

Not to mention he'd never seen its like before. Its thoughts were hard to decipher, which was new for him. Since a young age he'd been able to read the thoughts of plants, feel what they felt. It was almost as if this plant were . . . not of this world.

Ah. Could that be it? Was Shea up to her usual tricks again?

Afraid to touch it in case it proved to be poisonous, Leslie instead addressed the plant aloud. "And what might an interesting plant like you be doing here in this garden of flowers?" he asked with a polite smile.

And, to his mild surprise, the plant actually spoke back to him, not through feelings as other plants did, but out loud, though he could see no mouth. "Am I not allowed to be here among flowers, when I myself bear flowers?" it asked.

"Mm." He didn't know what to say. It was true that it bore flowers, but they were not in the least attractive. They seemed to poison the other flowers beauty just by their appearance. "I don't really have a say in what grows in this garden, seeing as how it's not mine. But I wonder in your appearing so suddenly. You weren't here yesterday."

"I came seeking a mortal, knowing one was bound to show. And to my pleasure, two have come."

In his discovery of this strange plant, Leslie had almost forgotten his new friend Windsor, but now he turned to looked at him. "You mean Windsor and I? What could you possibly want with us?"

"I will speak to you both. Windsor was it? Come here, Windsor."

Hearing a plant speak so formally made Leslie want to laugh. It really was quite amusing. This ugly plant speaking as though it were royalty. Perhaps it was. He didn't know. Maybe it was seeing a plant talk in general that tickled him.

CastlesInTheSky

From the very moment Windsor caught sight of the plant he was in a state of puzzlement. What in...what was that? He had never seen such a plant, all brown and blotchy as well as rather unpleasant. Figuring it was from some exotic forest unknown to him, he eyed it and decided that he was at a good distance from it with little need to go nearer. Leslie seemed to be inspecting it as well. Oh, if the gardener didn't know what it was, that was a bit strange.

As Leslie actually spoke to the plant, he attempted to ignore how strange the situation was and supposed he was just voicing his thoughts aloud. Hopefully. Earlier he had been speaking of some 'Shea' person, now talking to a plant like it was an acquaintance. Lovely.

Windsor felt his mouth drop open and his brow furrow as the plant spoke. With a voice like any person. What...what in...and he supposed that he knew much about the world? He had lived in Serendipity and supposed he had seen nearly all the magical oddities there were to see, but a talking plant? Leslie didn't seem quite so eccentric anymore. Now he supposed it was logical that he was talking to a plant if it talked back. During their conversation he couldn't help but just stare at the plant, though he managed to keep his gaping mouth closed now.

Oh, gods. It was talking to him now. 'Seeking mortals'; that sounded disturbing in itself. For what? A stew? To absorb into the soil? What in the hell could a plant want of him?

Confused as ever but following the example of Leslie, he tried to appear polite and not so utterly lost as to what was going on. After all, if this...being of strangeness was addressing him as 'mortal', then it was either extremely self-important or was some sort of deity or other immortal being. He was heavily guessing on the former.

"What is it that you want?", he asked the plant with a polite tone.