Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Along trods a stray

Started by Anonymous, January 15, 2012, 07:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

While many used the forests simply for traveling purposes, simply staying within it was a common thing for some. A certain humanoid fox, for example, was prone to making such places his home. After all, 'twas a type of place that he fit in much better than the cities of the realm, as much for his form as for his general detachment from many of the niceties of normal society.

Strange, perhaps, that he was a fire mage to boot... but it wasn't yet something that had become any particular issue. Except perhaps with the family that had disowned him, but that was a different story altogether.

Whatever the case, he was comfortable here, even in the impending hours of dusk. Wolves and bears and the like weren't likely to hurt him... probably... for the fact that he was one of them, of a sort, and a certain degree stronger for the most part. Without that worry, he could go along without incident, curiosity and wanderlust standing as the only true driving forces behind his treks. 'Twas the 'curiosity' part that had him reach the particular point he was at... a scent, specifically, that he'd started to follow quite shortly ago. But one of many that were unfamiliar to him, which meant something, or someone, new to see!

Onward, then, to sate it. After all, whatever he came across, it wasn't as if he'd be worried about anything. Particularly not the hints of the smell of something burning; likely just a campfire, and no worry for a fire mage, whatever it was.

Anonymous

Love was taking a walk. Mostly because she had left Nell back at camp and needed a break from his talking. That boy never seemed to stop. But he was back at camp and she was enjoying the simple fact that he wasn't blithering or complaining in her ear.

Love hummed softly to herself, absently gathering up some firewood for later. She was still a little nervous, wanting to keep moving as she has used a lot of magic back in the city and she knew the dragon would be close. But Nell had about had a fit at the pace they had been keeping, so today she had stopped early.

Moving through the trees, she paused at the site of a...man? Love blinked, not sure what she was looking at exactly, "Uh...hello?"

Anonymous

The fox blinked once as well, though it was rather a matter of distraction than curiosity on his part. It happened relatively often, wandering after something somewhat afar and being caught slightly off-guard by something close that he wasn't actively paying attention to. Oh, he'd noticed it, but simply paid it no mind until it spoke.

Well... she spoke, he accurately corrected that little passing thought.

"Oh... hey there. I guess you must be from that little camp someone made ahead or something?" he inquired, his head cocking a little to the side in curiosity as he took in the sight before him. He wanted to say 'human,' but somehow that didn't feel completely right. There was something slightly different in the scent, but not one he could place. No matter, if he couldn't tell then it wasn't important. Besides, the woman appeared quite human.

"Well, guess it's not too bad a place for that anyway, not too many of the more dangerous kinds of animals around or anything..." he observed somewhat thoughtfully, quite oblivious to the fact that his definition of 'dangerous animal' differed somewhat from most. "Oh yeah, and I'm Kai, by the way. There's anything you need around here, I probably know where to find it," he proclaimed, a light, closed-mouthed grin appearing on his face.

Anonymous

Love lifted a pale, red brow lifting, "Oh? Spying are we? Trying to catch a peep of something?" Crossing her arms over her chest, she cocked her hip out, a little amused and enjoying getting to talk to someone not Nell, "I'm Love. Besides spying on camps, what brings you out to these pretty little woods?"

Anonymous

"Huh? Not really spying, I just smell the fire a little ways away... dunno what I'd be taking a peep of, though," he replied, scratching a little at the back of his head. "Well, anyway, nothing in particular that brings me out here, exactly, I suppose... just wandering from place to place. How 'bout you? Don't see people around the forests very often unless they're going somewhere," he inquired.

Anonymous

"Ha! I like that. You give me a non-answer, then expect me to answer you." Love laughed at that, leaning against the trunk of a tree, "That hardly seems fair. Maybe I'm just wandering, hmmm?"

Anonymous

"Well, don't really see why you wouldn't be. It's fun to wander, see all sortsa new things and all that," he cheerfully nodded, not seeming bothered at all by the little retort. 'Twas just like him to be so free-spirited and unconcerned, after all. "Though... I live in the forests, so I'm not sure there's that much left for me to see except for all the towns and such. But who knows?" he shrugged, thoughtfully glancing up to the sky for a moment. Still the light, quite telltale (for him) scent of a fire nagged slightly at him. He ignored it, at least for now.

"Oh, right... and we're in one of the little 'territories' around here, so I've sometimes gotta check on things," he idly added, scratching a little at the back of his head. Wolves, he recalled... or was it that of a bear? One of the two. Probably. 'Twas hard to keep track of so many animal territories throughout the world, after all.

Anonymous

"What?" Love had been following him until he suddenly switched gears. She frowned, cocking her head to the side, "What in the hells are you talking about? What territories?"

Woods and nature were not where she was in her element. Honestly, she had been raised up in the mountains, then fled to the sea. So she was still learning about forests.