Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bending Fate [M] [Goblin]

Started by Juno, March 05, 2012, 02:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

The sudden bite to her was surprising but he certainly did not understand the cause of it all of a sudden, especially directed at him. It was rare for him to see a woman acting, to him, in such a vicious manner. "Forgive me," he began, willing to forget about her insults for now for the sake of his current desires. "I did not want to alarm you with speaking too bluntly in such a delicate matter.

"It seems as though I am housing a liar, traitor, and possible thief. This saddens me greatly, but recent events do not seem to point to many other conclusions. I merely wish to know the details of what meetings you have had with Toren. It is important that this is documented to the letter and I only seek your aid in this." Reaching across the desk, he pulled a few sheets of paper towards himself and prepared his quill for note-taking for the sake of looking the part and looking prepared.

"Could you start at the beginning, please? That is, if you are willing to work with me on this," he finished, his gaze set expectantly upon her.

GoblinFae

"While Petal may be what I am called it does not mean I am as fragile as my name implies. I find it more alarming to converse with one who is too caged with their words. I understand discretion but I must say you are quite well-versed in this dance, sir," Ladybird informed him, her eyes staring defensively into the space between them, clear and guarded, almost daring him to look away from her.

Her ire had been diminished some with his willingness to be more open however, her outburst had also given her cause to reign herself in and return to the side of caution. It was true there were many rumors in town about this particular noble, Ladybird was not keen to find out just how true they may be.

"I am more than willing to assist you, Mister Reolaras. Although, I am afraid I will not be much help. My meetings with your servant have been brief and trivial." She sighed, allowing her eyes to close, her face to relax, as she thought back to the beginning. Not a muscle twitched or crinkled. She had nothing to hide.

"Our first meeting was in the town square. I had been finishing my deliveries for the day and had noticed that as Toren passed by me with his horse that he had dropped an envelope into a muddy puddle. I quickly retrieved it and returned it to him. I had not expected to see him again after that. We were but strangers. Our next meeting was later as he returned back into town yesterday. I had seen from my doorstep the state of his injured mare and approached him to assist. I do not like seeing animals harmed and I knew that I had the ability to help. I am sure that looking back on the matter, you would agree with me that having her healing and able to work in the future is far better than having her permanently maimed and unable to journey as far and bare a rider's weight. Toren accepted my help and allowed me to care for her leg.

"Agehneim," her eyes flashed open briefly at the name before closing once more in thought, "came while I was still working and proceeded to make a nuisance of himself. Your servant stood up for me and reminded the apothecary of his business with you. Something about it not being finished, I believe. After that both left and I did not see either of them again until this evening, when my presence was requested."

Ladybird opened her eyes once more to watch Akakios. She had done as he had asked and hoped to be on her way now. It was getting late and her cheek and arms ached badly. It took a great deal of self-control not to reach up to either to rub them. Instead she reached up and brushed her hair off one shoulder, unknowingly revealing the dark shadows of Agehneim's administrations on her neck.

"Will that be all sir? While I am glad to assist you in any way I can, I am afraid I have had a long day. The journey back to my home is will make it longer still."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

While Ladybird spoke Akakios tapped his quill to paper without actually writing one thing. He watched her, just waiting for her to give the sort of indication he was looking for. All he needed was a sign that she was lying or hiding something and he would have been off like a hound at it. She was good, though, as far as he could tell. She didn't seem nervous. She didn't seem angry anymore, either, and she wasn't the least bit fidgety. There was nothing, to his dismay, that he could see that would indicate her to be a bad liar.

"Rest assured your assistance is appreciated, Petal, and your time and efforts will be compensated. I do agree with you that it is better for any livestock of mine to be in the best of health and all that, but that really wasn't what I wanted to discuss with you," Akakios began again, setting down the quill and sitting up in his seat as he eyed her hand motions and the mark that was revealed to him. Narrowing his eyes a bit at it, he leaned to the side a bit to make sure he was actually seeing what he was seeing upon her. "You are still very much necessary, but I'm afraid I cannot in good conscience let you travel on foot at this hour, especially considering where you came from.

"I will make arrangements for you here. If you really have had such a long day you should be getting some rest. I wouldn't mind resuming this conversation after they've gotten breakfast in you tomorrow. To spare you some embarrassment, though, I must tell you that the mark upon your neck is quite unseemly. I understand the manner through which you received it is probably highly personal, but it does disappoint me you did not divulge its existence on your own. I thought we had an understanding between each other," he spoke with a sincere tone of regret, feeling betrayed already by what seemed to him to be a very vague sense of cooperation on her part. "And that speaks volumes about your relationship with your acquaintance.

"A proper room will be arranged for you to remain at, though, until we get all of these pesky details sorted out. After that you will be free to return home in all the safety that can be had in the sunshine." Akakios swept the sheet of paper off the table, folded it, then set it at the corner nearest to him, and the quill was set back in its proper place. After that he finally rose and rounded the table to offer the woman a hand up. He didn't even bat an eye at the potential for seeming rude with all of his muffled demands and comments about her.

"Have you yet dined tonight, though?"

GoblinFae

The young woman bit the inside of her cheek as she allowed a lie to slide of her tongue. "I thank you for your hospitality. However, it will not be necessary. You see I have distant relatives who live close by. I am sure they would be quite offended if I didn't stop by, being family and all," she informed him as her eyes dilated and moved to view a point slightly to the right of his head.

Her already weak smile faded into confusion though at the snide and derogatory remarks that Akakios was making. "Mark?" she repeated questioningly, reaching up a hand to touch first one side of her neck, then the other. "I am afraid I do not understand what you mean."

A tiny, blue head poked out from the collar of her dress and gently flicked its forked tongue against the marred flesh of her collarbone. 'Smelly ones dids it, the sibilant tones of her familiar declared angrily.

For a moment Ladybird's gaze became unfocused as she tried to understand what Fern meant before recalling the carriage ride to the Reolaras estate. Her eyes flashed in anger before cooling into a stony gaze.

Refusing the hand offered towards her, the young woman fluidly rose to her feet as a small hand reached to pull Fern from his current hiding place and to carefully wrap him around her wrist again. "I too was under the impression that we had an understanding Lord Reolaras, but it seems we were both mistaken. While I have been nothing but truthful," her cheeks flushed slightly at the slight fib about family she had told, "you have done nothing but insult me and imply false things about my character and my honor. And while we are on the subject, what I do and do not do with Agehneim is of none of your concern. I have told you everything you need to know. Now, if you do not mind I would like to go home!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

His eyes stared in blank puzzlement at her claim to having family in the area. For a moment it angered him because he immediately assumed that they were squatters on his land, considering he had no neighbors close by. This led to the conclusion that she was bluffing, but he wanted to see what else she might say before he called her out on it.

Her refusal of his help seemed like spit to the face, but he simply let his arm go slack. "I have not purposefully insulted you, madam, forgive me," he insisted, narrowing his brows at her and refusing to move so as to make her step around the chair if she wished to move. "And if you do not know all the questions I need to ask, do not assume you know when you've told me everything I 'need to know,'" he said, voice growing colder the more he went on about it.

"Perhaps we need to try another approach Miss Petal, but there are things I must know and basic human nature points to a high probability of you knowing such things. For everyone's sake, I still need to question you. Now, I would be happy to accompany you to your relatives' home. I'm embarrassed that I don't recall their names, living here for so long. We can talk along the way." With that he lifted his head and faced the door with an arm outstretched to it. "Lady first."

GoblinFae

Ladybird resisted the urge to snort and roll her eyes at the nobleman's obvious false ignorance. 'No one can be that stupid, no one. Nice try Lord Reolaras, I know far better than that. Common I may be, dumb I am not.'

Instead she sighed in exasperation and looked up at him with the same look of annoyance any sister could give. "It is not assuming when I told you all that I know and all that there is that I know therefore it is not assumption on my part but truth. If you are that forgetful of a person then perhaps you should have been taking better notes. I understandably do not enjoy having to repeat myself, something I am sure that you understand quite well.

"As for other approaches, what other approach could you possibly be referring to? Plans to keep me locked up here forever, Reolaras? You can wait until tomorrow like a good little boy when we can reconvene and you will be able to ask the rest of your questions then. Just because you may have money does not mean you can always have your way. Now if you'll excuse me," the young woman coolly stated as she pushed her chair back and swept passed, heading for the door.

Fern hissed angrily, slinking up her arm to glare over her shoulder at the man that was upsetting her in that moment. "Hush," she finally admonished quietly, reaching up to pet the tiny blue head. "That's quite enough lip out of you little one."

The fine line that Ladybird was dancing on had not been realized by her quite yet. But, it would not be long before she remembered her place again and depending on the other man's reaction to her big talk be either running as fast as she could or cowering back in her chair.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios stood stunned at her words, having no idea what he'd done to lead her to believe any of that about their meeting. As she swept past him, though, his frown slowly turned into a scowl at her strange resistance to speaking with him. To him, that was just screaming guilt, that she knew something she wasn't telling, false as that might have been.

His brows came together as he stared after her until...his eyes picked up on the movement at her shoulder and he heard the hiss. And she was hushing something. He walked after her calmly, trying to get a better look to see if there was actually anything there. And there was. His eyes widened at the sight of the small snake and he immediately ran for her, barreling down fast until he was close enough to snap up the creature on her.

He held the little snake high in the air just behind the head in case the creature decided to bite him from being scooped up so abruptly. "Well, now... just who is this, Petal? I believe you failed to introduce us. Please, would you?" he prompted, mocking her with a hand gesture as he grinned at the little prize in his hand.

GoblinFae

"Fern!" the cry fell from Ladybird's lips before she could stop it as she felt her familiar tugged away from her. "Give him back," she pleaded worriedly, standing on tip-toe to reach what even she knew she could not. "Leave him alone," she continued, "he hasn't done anything to you. He's just a little snake, nothing more. Now give him back, you have been introduced."

The young woman was still reaching for her pet, nearly toppling into Akakios twice as she swayed off-balance. Should he keep her reaching any longer and she would start jumping for the serpent. Ladybird would not tell but her life was tied to her familiar's what he felt so too did she and with his much frailer body, that put her in serious danger when he was in another's hands. Very few were trusted with him, even among her own flesh and blood. To let him be held by a stranger that had mocked her and seemed inclined to keep her there was without a doubt terrifying for her. She could not let it continue, lest the noble harm them both, intentionally or not.

Fern on the other hand remained limp and wide-eyed for a moment, surprised at the quick movements that had plucked him from his lady's shoulder and clasped him in another's warm hand. A look down brought to view Ladybird's whining and nervous movements. She was far too overprotective of him, he thought especially when this other human must just be playing a game with her. It was all in good fun, of course.

Contently, he swung his tail up to curl his body snugly around the man's wrist and tried to wiggle his head a bit to free it. "Quites uncomfortssables like thisss!" he hissed, expecting to be released.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Oh, Fern!" he chuckled darkly, jesting, "So nice to meet you finally, good sir."

As Petal tried for her snake he simply held him higher, stepping back further into the room to try and lead her where he wanted her. When the snake curled around his wrist, though, he looked to the creature with a curious twinkle in his eye for the lack of struggle even though he heard the faint hiss. "What a tame pet you have, lady," he admired, relaxing the hold he had on the snake's head as he lifted his free hand to gently pet along the creature's back.

"I quite like him," he decided, ignoring her attempts to retrieve the animal. "And I think he will be staying here. You are free to do so as well, of course; it would be rude of me not to offer you accommodations, and it would be such a shame to burden your family with an unannounced visit, wouldn't it?"

GoblinFae

The snake removed his head from Akakios' loose grasp and unwound himself enough to turn and look the man in the face. His head cocked to the side as he studied him, his tongue flicking out to taste the air and get an idea of him, before letting his eyes close slowly in trust from the gentle petting of his scales. He hissed softly in contentment before slowly winding his way up the arm he was on, towards Akakios' face.

"He'ss only teassings Petal. We sshoulds stay! Tell him I's likes hims too!"

"I will not!" Ladybird shouted back, stomping her foot in agitation. "Lord Reolaras quit acting like such a beastly boy and kindly return that which you have stolen from me. I will not stand for this. Neither Fern nor I will be staying tonight here. We shall continue on to my family's home as I stated before, now give him back, please," she added the last word as an afterthought, still standing the balls of her feet in an attempt to claim her familiar back.

Like a puppet on a string she followed his backward lead without notice, her full attention on the little creature that was being held precariously in her opinion. "I said we could discuss things more in the morning if you are so inclined. Honestly what is your obsession with this matter? There is nothing between Toren and I. Now give my pet back before you drop him!"

Her final statement was punctuated by her actually jumping up to reach for the ever-climbing serpent. Said snake himself was ignoring her and instead hissing quietly, praising the kind man for his humor and gentleness much to Ladybird's chagrin.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"You are free to leave," he dismissed, waving his hand at her in an annoyed manner for her maintained childishness. As she jumped he took yet another step back, unwilling to let her get close enough to snatch away the little creature.

"You know, discussing this more in the morning does sound appealing now," he offered simply. "But he'll be staying here as a promise of your return. Now how does that sound?" It wasn't really a question, but he left her with it anyway.

Stepping around her now he strode past with quick feet to try and beat her to the door, though it was only to fuel the anxiety she held for the animal being in his possession.

GoblinFae

"No I am not free to leave as long as you keep him here." Trying to ground herself, Ladybird took a moment to calm her breathing before continuing. "Have you have so little faith in people that you refuse to take someone at their word? I give you my word! I will return on the morrow even if it takes me all day on foot to do so!"

It angered her immensely to have to beg and plead for something that was already hers. Add to that the importance Fern held in and on her life, she could not afford to let this continue. The snake's own sibilant hissings in her mind of the man's virtues was only adding fuel to the fire. The final straw that drove her to continue her arguing though came when her familiar took it upon himself to slip within the collar of Akakios' shirt, having made his way successfully up the man's arm.

Ladybird saw red. She could see her pet's attempts to curl  around the bicep of his keeper beneath the sleeve and she could hear the praises that made her jaw clench so hard that when she opened her mouth to speak a cracking sound proceeded speech.

"If you are so insistent that there is more to talk of, then speak now. What more do you want from me? I have told you everything I know of what you have asked of me. What more could I possibly say other than everything that happened, exactly as it happened? There is nothing more! You are hunting the dark and jumping at shadows Lord Reolaras. I will not-HEY! Where do you think you're going?"

Scrambling to keep up with him, Ladybird nearly tripped on her own skirts. The movement however, propelled her forward enough to take hold of the nobleman's elbow and yank backwards on it. "Don't you dare take him away from me," she hissed, furiously. "I will not be played with like some little mouse!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios paid no mind to her words until she had finally managed to grab hold of him. His eyes dilated in surprise as she yanked him to a standstill. Turning his head to look at her over his shoulder, his lips shaped into a pronounced frown at her "tantrum," as he saw it.

Tugging his arm from her grasp, he turned to face her and studied her in silence for a time, taking note of the anger behind her eyes, and the fear as well. "I will play with you however I see fit, Miss Petal. I have information about you and you are not telling me the whole truth about yourself and Toren. I don't know why you're protecting him... He's just a slave. I have no idea why some harlot would be  with a slave for free, assuming the risks involved," he spoke the last with a dark, disbelieving chuckle.

"Until you are ready to tell me the entire truth, I will be keeping him. I don't want to have to ask you again, I've already done so countless times with such patience. You will come to me and tell me everything you've heard, seen, or spoken about in his presence." Akakios paused, looking under his shirt at the small snake wrapped around his arm to make sure it was still there. "Now... You are free to go or to stay here until you are ready. Regardless, consider this snake mine until I'm satisfied with your information and honesty. You will, as a lady, have your own private suite should you choose to remain. I won't be lending out my carriage for some midnight drive to town, though, so the choice is yours. Easy or hard. Are we clear?" he finished with a scowl.

GoblinFae

Ladybird froze in shock and confusion. The look he sent her way followed by the silence was far more intimidating than any yelling he could have done. However, it was the insults that truly got to her. 'How dare he call me a harlot! I've never slept with anyone in my life, let alone Toren! I don't even know him! Why can't he believe me? I'm telling the truth! Could you be anymore narcissistic?' she thought as she watched him fiddle with his clothing. 'Yes your impressive physique is still there darling.'

"How can you insult someone you don't even know? You dare call me a harlot," she spat the word, wincing at the mental image it conjured, "and yet you know nothing about me. How many times do I have to tell you the same story? I ran into Toren in the town square, saw his horse was lame, offered to assist him, treated the horse, and then saw him on his way. That's all that happened. There is nothing exciting to tell."

She sighed softly trying to regain her cool. "Lord Reolaras all I want is my fami-ly pet back. There is absolutely nothing more to tell you on this subject and I don't understand why you think there is. As for the room and carriage, neither are necessary as I am taking Fern and we are going home-to my family's relative's house, that's close by to here, because I'm not a burden, and I don't want to be a burden, to you. See that's not so hard now, is it?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Her questions and repeated explanation were boring to him, and he merely frowned as the torn letter returned to the forefront of his thoughts. He still thought she was lying as he had fully convinced himself that she was the one who had seen such an important, private message. Though, he had no way of knowing just how much or how little that was. His point of anger was that she had seen it and not yet thought to be forthcoming about it when it was so important for him to find out what she knew, even possibly what Toren had told her, or so his paranoid thoughts drove him.

"I do not care that he is a family pet," he spoke calmly, trying to mentally soothe his frazzled nerves. "And you are not a burden. A room is nothing. But, if you insist on staying with your relatives, I must see you there. I feel as though I'm such a rude neighbor, not knowing who they are when we must live so close," he remarked, scratching at his cheek thoughtfully.

"I'll get my horse, if you will wait for me. Or...if you will not, I will catch up with you," he finished with a smirk, turning and heading for the door once more.

GoblinFae

'I bet you would care if you knew what Fern really was. Mustn't let you know that though. Bad enough that you know holding him will force me into staying.'

"Please if you don't care then surely returning him to his owner would not be such a horrible thing. I fear you may injure him as he is a rather delicate creature and very precious to my household," Ladybird said, her voice filled with concern as she glanced worriedly towards her familiar's resting place while following the master of the house.

Aforementioned familiar was oblivious however, having already found Akakios' arm to be both warm and safe enough to sleep curled around. There would be no rousing him no matter what the woman said in protest. He was perfectly content where he was.

"As for my family, would it not be better to meet them in the morning? I do not wish to keep you as it is getting quite late and you have already expressed interest in my return come daylight, although I disagree with it being necessary. Honestly, it is not necessary that you come with me Lord Reolaras. I would not dare waste your time."

Despite his warnings not to leave without him, the young woman found herself torn. On the one hand she wanted to leave as soon as possible and did not believe he would be able to find her. On the other hand though she was insistent on not leaving without Fern. She worried about prolonged separation and the possible effects of it given the distance of her home in town and the secluded Reolaras manor. Ladybird hoped that her final pleas would be heard and that she could be on her way, damnable pet snake firmly in hand.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Crinkling his eyes at her, it slowly dawned on him how his wish at such a late hour might actually be a problem for humans. "I forget so easily that I keep different hours than most humans," he remarked, the comment the closest thing to an apology she would be getting as he turned to exit the study at last. "The offer of a room still remains, Petal," Akakios reiterated, hoping she would pick that choice. "But otherwise I will be taking you to your relatives' home at the very least. I would not go inside with you, simply take you there to save us both time and see my new neighbors. It would be rude of me to expect a lady to make such a trek in the dark.

"The choice is yours, so what will it be?"

GoblinFae

The comment about his hours was considered odd but easily brushed aside. Nobles could afford to be eccentric and keep whatever hours they wanted unlike the common folk such as herself. She listened to him quietly, letting him speak without trying to form some snappish reply out of frustration. All she wanted was Fern back. She was not worried about returning since she believed she had nothing to hide and if he truly wanted her to return and waste her day then she would. If not for her reputation that Agehneim had been so kind as to drag through the mud, then for the quiet servant's that had been dragged alongside hers.

Ladybird took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Reaching out the hand closest to Akakios, she let it rest gently on his sleeve right over where Fern was resting peacefully. A sad expression shone upon her face as she allowed her thumb to rub softly against her familiar.

"Please, sir I do not wish to be difficult. And I do not want us to be on poor terms," she told him wearily. "I just have never been without Fern. He has been a close companion and I cannot bear to part from him. In turn, while I mean no insult I cannot accept your more than generous hospitality. It would not be right."

Her hand fell away from his arm to hang at her own side. Choosing her words carefully, she continued, "if you still wish to escort me to my family's home, then I will not stop you. I do not wish to inconvenience you; I am no lady and I am well aware of that fact. However, I would like to ask once more for the return of my pet once you have seen where they live. You will know where I am and if you are concerned that I will not be able to return in the morn as promised then you know where to send for me. Or given that it is such a late hour you could also stay the night."

A soft smile lifted the corners of her mouth not in mocking mirth but genuine joy. "My family would be more than glad to make room for one more in one of the guest rooms. That way though, come morning I would be right there at the breakfast table to ask more questions of," Ladybird teased slightly, her smile widening warmly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The sudden realization of contact startled him enough that he jumped. Turning to look at her without a word, he watched as she lightly brushed against the snake hiding in his shirt sleeve. It was a bit unnerving to be touched so unexpectedly, but it did reinforce to him the importance of her snake. He listened to her plea but her continued refusal of his hospitality was grating on his nerves, especially upon hearing the alternative she was proposing.

Once she let her hand fall away he began to relax as he listened to her suggestion and the odd notion of talking over breakfast with some stranger's family right there. "Tell me this, Petal, if you truly desire for us to not be on 'poor terms,'" he began, looking away from her. "Why take all of that time and effort to spend a night with people I do not know in a house that is so close to my own when we are already right here?" Akakios scratched at his cheek in thought. "I mean, there are floors of guest rooms here, Petal, really. And my slaves would gladly serve you any food or comforts you desire. Plus, your snake friend will be so near at all times, and you won't have to worry about possibly...injuring him in our travels.

"Why would you rather go somewhere else and bother your family with an unexpected guest at such a late hour?"

GoblinFae

"With all due respect," she began softly and level-headedly, "I was just trying to provide another alternative to those suggested. You do not have to make the journey with me but have insisted that should I make it that you also join me. The suggestion that you stay was to not further inconvenience you by making you travel back in the dark alone if you did not wish to. Staying also would allow you to ensure that I am genuine with my word and that I will return come morning to further discuss things with you as is your expressed desire. Forgive me if I have made a mistake and misunderstood the situation but, I was under the impression that you were keeping my pet to ensure my return. If you were at my side that would not be necessary."

Ladybird paused, taking a deep breath to maintain her calm before continuing. "Lord Reolaras I am not trying to insult you or displease you. I admit that despite your kind offers I do feel uncomfortable spending the night amid such grandeur in the house of a," she paused trying to phrase things appropriately without further upsetting him, "an eligible, bachelor. I am concerned that my unchaperoned presence would tarnish both our reputations, which is something that I would much rather do without if it is all the same to you.

"I really do thank you for your consideration of both my person and that of my pet. But, I feel I must insist in my leaving for the sakes of all present. Please, sir take no offense. I am but a common girl trying to be as respectful as she can in the presence of such a much sought-after member of our community."

Her head bowed in shame and submission. She did not know what else to say to him to make him understand. But, she had given it her all and Ladybird just wished that she was heard in the manner she had tried to be.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]