Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pearly Shells Shining in the Sun... [M]

Started by Winters-Feather, March 10, 2012, 12:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

OOC: Thanks haha. Sorry if this one is so short. >< oh and five page mark woot lol

IC:

Narron chuckled at Ewe's response.
"Yeah," he murmured as his eyes followed down to where she was looking at. In truth, he was a little daunted at the sight of the blood. He was honored to be Ewelani's first partner and was able to share this experience with  her on both romantic and physical levels. In a way, she had taken one step closer to becoming a Yoreiqi woman, not that she wasn't already. On the other hand, it was a little scary and nerve wracking. With a sigh, the man rose to his feet and grabbed hold of his pants and undergarments. Suddenly becoming aware of his nakedness, Narron turned around so that his back faced Ewe as he stretched out his arms, relieving his sore muscles. He covered his member with his undergarment as he turned around to hold out a hand towards Ewe.
"Let's go bathe, first," he suggested as he pointed towards the pool of shimmering waters.

stelmarisa

OOC: Nothing wrong with a short post! And woo-hoo :D

Ewe stood up as Narron held out his hand, smiling as he covered himself up. She had never been shy and now, standing in the afterglow of intimacy, with someone she was so close to, her confidence was just as high as usual. So she stood up nude, not bothering to pick up her shorts, and stepped towards Narron. She was smiling happily as she stretched up to kiss his cheek and squeezed his hand briefly, before nodding in assent to his suggestion.

"Okay." She released his hand and crossed the few feet to the water, now slipping in rather than jumping or diving. She ducked her head under the water, soaking her hair, then just stood in the cool water as she waited for Narron to join her.

Winters-Feather

Narron smiled affectionately as Ewe rose and pecked him on the cheek. He watched in admiration as she slipped into the water before carefully walking in. Instead of going underwater like she did, Narron waded until the water came up to his knees, which was about where she stood.  
"I can't go in any further than this," he said apologetically as he hugged Ewe by the shoulders, "Not if you want to get back in time for dinner, and I'm hungry. "

He squeezed her gently at this last word before letting go of his embrace. Sex almost always made Narron famished, and this time wasn't any different than the others.  He supposed it was because as the elders say, "a happy man makes a hungry one." He stooped over to wash his face and splash water all over his chest. He looked up to the woman who now towered above him and smiled up at her. Narron reached out for her hips and kissed her on the belly before he rose to his full height.
"You can go swimming for a while, if you'd like," he suggested, a bit shyly.
He wasn't as confident as Ewe was. Nakedness didn't phase him and neither did people washing, but he didn't think very much of staring at them while they did it.

stelmarisa

Ewe laughed at Narron's admission, squeezing him back as he hugged her.
"I'm hungry too." She stepped back when he released her and waded deeper into the water, until it reached just below her hips. She giggled as he kissed her belly, reaching down to ruffle his hair at the same time.

"Alright. I'll be quick," she promised as she turned away. Ducking under the surface was soothing. As she felt the cool water washing her body, rinsing away the heat and sweat of the day and their sex, she felt herself relax into her swim. Spiralling down to the bottom of the pool she opened her eyes, gazing through the water as she washed, only occasionally rising for air

It was a few minutes later that she pulled herself out of the water for the last time, lifting herself up onto the bank. Her hair was wet and free of tangles, hanging down around her shoulders, and she looked as fresh-faced as she had that morning. Although she pulled on her shorts, she found herself shivering as her skin dried in the evening air.

Winters-Feather

Narron didn't take his time in the water as idly as Ewelani did. As she turned away to do her own thing, he, too, washed away the sex and sweat that still clung to his body. The water felt refreshing, though cold against his skin. Once he was done, he pulled up his undergarments and shook the water out of his hair. Shivering, his body still wet, he  watched as the sun began to hide behind the yonder hills and trees. Narron caught a glimpse on occasion of Ewe's head popping out of the water every now and then, but tried to strictly pay attention to the sky line out of respect.

Narron wasn't completely dry by the time Ewe emerged from the water, but he never the less pulled up his trousers. He reached a hand into his pocket and pulled out the love stone she had graced him with, to make sure it was still there. It felt pleasant to the touch and the man shoved it back deep into his pocket, determined not to lose it. For the first time in hours, he stretched out his wings. The sudden movement made a loud noise as he gave them a warm up flap or two as he waited silently for Ewelani to finish getting dressed. The man made a face as he ran his hand through his damp hair. He really ought to have had tied it back... Narron took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. The day had gone by far too quickly.

Narron turned towards Ewelani as he folded his arms across his chest, a thought suddenly occurring to him. He felt foolish for not asking it before.
"Ewe," he asked slowly, unsure of how to continue, "You're okay, are you? I didn't... hurt you too much, did I?"

stelmarisa

"Hmm?" Ewe twisted round as Narron spoke, looking at him enquiringly. It took her a moment to realise what he was saying, but when she did she scrambled up from the bank. She picked up her sarong as she did, lifting it from where she had so carelessly dropped it that afternoon. She tied it around her waist quietly, contemplating the question before looking up at Narron.

"Oh, no, of course you didn't." She moved over and laid her hand on his bare chest gently. "I'm fine. You were... lovely. Perfect." She couldn't stop herself from smiling as she reassured him, flattered by his concern and keen to show him that she was okay.

Winters-Feather

"Oh. Good," Narron replied as his shoulders slumped in relief.
His face grew hot as he grew embarrassed by Ewe's compliment.
"Really, now?" he asked with a chuckle as his arms wrapped around her waist, firmly.
His wings shot out with a sudden noise and he began to flap them, getting a feel for the chilly evening breeze.
"All right, hold on tight," Narron warned the young woman for the second time that afternoon before he took off into the sky.

The island looked different in the light of the setting sun. The lights of the fires were brighter in the dark, their flames sparkling and beautiful, but as they were intensified, so was the shadows in the dense jungles. The island, after all, wasn't a wholly safe place; there still were beasts. Narron's eyes turned towards the harbor. It had seemed that during their afternoon, a couple of ships from the mainland were docked.
"Hey, Ewe. Look at that," he muttered in surprise.

stelmarisa

"Really." Ewe smiled and lifted her arms for Narron to hold her, her own hands grasping his shoulders tightly. Cheek to cheek with him, she felt her feet leave the ground as Narron took off and held even more tightly, peeking down at the fast-shrinking clearing below them. She felt a shiver run through her as their pool was swallowed up by the shadows, becoming indistinguishable from the woods around it.

She was distracted by Narron's utterance and twisted around in his arms to look.
"Oh!" She felt her heart quicken at the sight of the ships.
"Ships from the mainland! Let's go!" she urged Narron breathlessly.

"Can we go?"

Winters-Feather

OOC: Omg, sorry for not posting in forever. this week is the week before finals so there's a lot of stuff to do. On top of social life stuff. Seriously, I'm never in my dorm now. -ahem- anyway, control the ship ppl as you wish.

IC:

Narron hesitated a moment before responding, his expression growing solemn. He didn't think it would be very wise to approach the ships by themselves. Though Narron knew his fair share of merchants and crews by this point, it was tough to determine such things from so high and so far a distance. Besides, some crews were rowdy and rude, which the man didn't much care for.
"Okay," he agreed, making a  mental note to keep the visit short.

As he began to fly down towards the harbor, Narron began to think. The sight of the ships excited him because it meant more opportunities to trade. In truth, it also made him a little embarrassed because he couldn't speak their language quite well. But Ewe was here with him, and  she knew more about their kind than he did.
I wonder when she'll finally make up her mind to go to the main land, he thought.
The idea was both thrilling and rather sad. It was such an adventure and honor to be able to venture out that far into the world; she was the only one he knew that had ever made such a journey. Narron was a little jealous. At the same time, however, imagining a Yoreiq without her was neigh impossible. She was just part of his own little world, after all.
Maybe one day I, too, will sail away, he mused.
However, Narron doubted as much. He liked it here, at home. Besides, judging by sailor's stories, walking around their cities with wings would be too much of a hassle.

His musing abruptly ended as they came in close to the harbor. Some of the sailors who saw them let out some cat calls or friendly waves and shouts of hello. Narron smiled in relief; he recognized this ship.
"I know these people," he said to Ewe, getting excited, "They carry a lot of foreign spices."

It was one of the more friendlier lots from Serendipity, though their Cook, whom he traded with often, was sour faced and gruff. Still, Narron respected the man greatly because he took his work seriously. One of the more nicer dressed ones, clad in a green uniform with cropped short sky blue colored hair was shouting  over the noise down from the deck to the two of them as he waved, beckoning them to come on deck.
Narron didn't understand half of what he said, but he understood at least the command, so he  nodded at the invitation and settled a few feet away from him. The sailors clumsily scattered backwards to avoid getting hit by his giant wings.

The nicely dressed man came up to clap Narron on the shoulder and the two shook hands.
"Captain Quinn," Narron greeted in heavily accented Common, "It's a pleasure to have you here."
The Captain nodded and replied quite rapidly about the journey being faster than they expected due to the winds. He stood a little shorter than Ewe, though held himself with an air of great confidence.
"And what's your name, Miss? Do you speak Common? I don't believe I've met you before, and I know half the people on this Island," he said in Common as he held out his hands towards the young woman.

stelmarisa

OOC: Oops, just to clarify, Ewe hasn't actually lived on the main continent, but had a 'father' who came over from there on an early ship, then went back. So she -wants- to visit, but never has... yet!

Seeing the ships rise up below them, Ewelani felt the familar tingle of excitment in her belly. The sight of those huge vessels always affected her in a way that she couldn't quite explain, though it kept her returning to the docks over and over again, hoping for a new arrival. She held tight to Narron as they descended, a strange sense of vertigo making her dizzy as she looked down. She couldn't stop though, trying hard to make out the insigna on the ship's flag. Was it one she had seen before? It was so hard to tell at this height...

But it didn't look like it, and Narron's excited recognition confirmed the disappointing fact. A spice ship? She had definitely never spoken to such traders before. Still, they looked like a friendly enough bunch, and she looked around keenly as her feet landed on the rough wooden deck.

Some of the sailors looked curiously at Ewe as she broke apart from Narron and gazed around, one heavily bearded man muttering a comment to his companion as they surveyed her. Her natural inclination to enquire, though, was curtailed by Narron's starting to speak. Ewe looked around in amusement, never having heard him speak in Common before. Indeed, she hadn't even known that he could.

"My name is Ewelani," she responded as the Captain adressed her, placing her hands in his outstreched ones. Having learnt at a young age, she spoke Common well, though with an oddly formal register, and with an accent more commonly found on the mainland. "No, Captain, I don't think we have met - although I spend half my life in the port." She smiled. "It's a pleasure."

Winters-Feather

Narron watched as the Captain beamed and nodded at Ewe's language skills, fascinated by the young woman before him. It was clear wasn't used to the islanders here to speak Common this fluently, and it was rather a relief. Actually, Narron was quite impressed himself, almost jealous. He had been living at the port for quite a long time, as he did make his living here, but he never did achieve her level. Captain Quinn repeated how much it was a pleasure before looking anxiously back at his crew.
"You, there. Boy. Get Tyrin," he ordered before turning apologetically back towards the pair.
"Look, the truth is, we're in a bit of a fix," he explained, his tone suddenly turning  very solemn.
"Trouble," he added when he saw the confused look on Narron's face.

"Some of our men are injured, sick, or both," he continued, " That is why we were so eager to see a friendly face; we're in a desperate need of  help."
Narron frowned as he struggled to comprehend the Captain's words. He didn't quite understand most of them, but he got 'sick'. The fisherman observed the sailor's face. He was exhausted, that was for sure; upon closer inspection, his eyes were sunken, as if he hadn't slept in days. There was something else there, too, a newly harsh and grim look that most of the men seemed to share. Landing had certainly made most optimistic, but it was still present.
"Sick?" repeated Narron in his native tongue to Ewe, a little worried.

He didn't want to catch a foreign illness, nor did he want her to. The man's heart sank a little. Perhaps it had been a bad idea to land on deck? No, of course it wasn't; they needed help! Without meaning to, he found himself protectively standing closer to the woman.
"What happened?" he asked Quinn in Common.
The Captain motioned towards his cabin while extending a hand out towards Ewe.
"Not here," he replied.
"We can leave if you want to," Narron muttered in quick Yoreiqi to his companion.

Tags: