Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hidden Magic Pt.2 [OPEN]

Started by yams88888, February 17, 2018, 12:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yams88888

Jala drove the carriage through the forest, her carriage tumbling through the forests. She pushed her mare to run faster, causing it to be a bumpy ride for the two siblings in the back. As the forest began thinning out, she caught sight of a small town. "Summervale," she thought in exhilaration, driving the mare past her breaking point.

Jiaolong

Yulsin stuck his head out the carriage window, enjoying the feeling of the sun on his face. It was a breathtaking view: the sky was cloudless and a vast expanse of blue—the ocean—lay glittering beneath it. "We should really come here more often," he said, turning to Yurel.

She nodded, distracting herself from the bumpy ride with the beautiful scenery. Yurel looked out her own window and squinted at the sight of a small town. She leaned out her window quite precariously. "Jala, are we going to make a stop here?"

yams88888

"In case there's an inn, I guess we should. I doubt the mare'd last any longer," Jala replied.
She drove through the picturesque town, wondering how there could still be such beauty at a time of conflict like this. She finally came across the largest wooden building in town, which she assumed to be the inn. She left Yulsin and Yurel inside the carriage and knocked on the door. Someone beckoned her inside, and Jala followed, keeping her sickle close to her waist.

Jiaolong

Yulsin watched Jala enter the inn from his seat in the carriage. One could never be too careful, even in a nice town like this.

Yurel left the wagon with her pack, taking out a carrot she'd somehow kept fresh during her travels. She gave the mare a few scratches on the ear and fed her the carrot, which she eagerly devoured.

Gligar

Sigrid stalked the woods, leaping through trees and rustling through bushes. She was hungry, tired, and sick of the taste of raw deer in her mouth.

She stopped and crouched when she spotted the nearby town. Civilization. Good. Now, if only she had enough money to buy something...

yams88888

After some haggling, Jala walked back out towards the two siblings.
"Well, we have lodging for the night, I managed to get two rooms. We'll need to keep the mare here for the time we spend in Thanatos," she said, grabbing the reins of said mare. She flashed a quick smile at Yulsin, before driving the mare towards the stables behind the inn.

Jiaolong

Yurel nodded. "I will go buy some things at the market. Perhaps some more...carrots?" She asked, glancing at the mare. She fastened her pack on her shoulder and put a cloth cover over the top of her spear. "Yulsin, stay here take the supplies up to our rooms."

Yulsin picked up some things that had been in the carriage and entered the inn, surveying the main room where the innkeeper sat behind a wooden desk, smoking a pipe. Yulsin wrinkles his nose at the smell and turned to walk up the stairs.

Yurel strolled through town, boots kicking up dust as she walked along the dirt road. She passed through stalls, vendors shouting loudly at her as they advertised their goods. Her mouth watered slightly upon smelling freshly baked bread, and she sought out the stall in the crowd. Yulsin and Jala would definitely enjoy something like this.

Gligar

Just as Yulsin walked up the stairs, a brown-haired woman burst through the front door. "Alright," she said, "who's got something for me to drink?" She punctuated the last word with a laugh so loud that Yulsin could easily hear it, even from where he was.

Jiaolong

The loud laugh startled Yulsin, who dropped one of the bags he was carrying. The bag rolled down the stairs, landing somewhere near the stranger who'd asked for a drink. Yulsin rolled his eyes. Traveling with just his sister for so long made him forget how loud some people could be.

He walked down the stairs to retrieve the parcel, picking it up at the newcomer's feet.

yams88888

Jala got in at the same time as the stranger, looking at them in distrust. She got the bag, hauling it up the stairs towards Yulsin. "Whatever you do," she whispered, "Don't tell her about anything. The manuscripts, our quest, nothing." She continued up the stairs, antsier than usual.

Jiaolong

Yulsin eyed the stranger, then nodded at Jala. "My lips are sealed." He followed her up the stairs having retrieved the parcel.

Yurel made her way back to the inn, holding bread that was still warm and other food in her arms. She returned to the inn, the scent of her food making some individuals turn their heads to the source. It seemed louder in here than usual...

yams88888

((OOC: Sorry for the ridiculously late reply))

Jala saw Yurel making her way up the stairs, with food in her arms. She tumbled down the stairs, rushing up to Yurel breathlessly. "Should I help with that," she asked. Jala sensed everyone staring at her, then hunched over a bit, pulling her hood over her face. She took the heavy bag of food from Yurel bringing it up to their rooms with some difficulty. She collapsed on the bed, tired from the odd month or two of traveling in the carriage.

Jiaolong

((OOC: It's all good))

Yulsin plopped down on the bed as well, making the whole thing bounce. He sighed. "What a day. It's nice to finally have something soft to lie on."

"What a day? You didn't do anything. Might I remind you that it was I who went to the market to get food for everyone?" Yurel commented, flicking her brother on the forehead.

"Hey!"

Yurel turned back to Jala. "So...what are we going to do next?" The poor woman looked exhausted, but hopefully some rest in the inn would restore her.

yams88888

"Rest here for a couple of days, I guess. See when the next boat to Thanos leaves. After that, consult the Zhaobin."
Jala looked at the twins with unease.
"I'll go try to make sense of these documents in the meantime."
Jala slung a bag over her shoulder, walking into the other room on the right. She had been trying to 'make sense' of those documents for the entire journey. She had gotten nowhere in understanding what in Le'raana those documents held...

Jiaolong

Yulsin stood as well, peering over Jala's shoulder. "Maybe I can help with those..."

yams88888

"Oh really," asked Jala excitedly. "Do you think you could read what this says?" Jala shoved one passage into Yulsin's hands.

Jiaolong

Yulsin fumbled with the papers before finally setting them straight. The text was certainly strange, but not unfamiliar. He remembered it from a book his father had once shown him.

"This language is only spoken and written by a certain race of demons...but it's been thought that they're all extinct. I can read a little of this, but I'm certainly not fluent."

Yurel came over to stand by Yulsin, peering at the texts. "We aren't fluent...but we know someone who is."

yams88888

Jala stared at them, trembling with excitement. She whispered slowly, "You know someone? " All the weariness of the journey seemed to disappear instantly. "Maybe we won't have to go to Thanatos after all," she thought. The very idea seemed to excite her. Someone who could decipher this. On the mainland. Hopefully. "Are they near," she asked in a shaky voice, "Could you... take me to them?"

Jiaolong

"If it furthers the mission, then of course," Yurel said, "but I must warn you-" she was cut off by a piercing glare from Yulsin.

"Absolutely not! We are not taking her to see him! I am not going back there!"

Yurel did not seem taken aback by her brother's outburst, but she crossed her arms, frowning. "He's the only one who knows. Besides, it won't take long."

Yulsin leaned in closer. "Yeah, but that's not what I'm concerned about...I mean...she's human," he whispered, voice barely audible.

Yurel only rolled her eyes at that. "And so was our mother. She'll be fine if we're with her." She turned to Jala. "The man we're speaking of is a demon."

Tags: