Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Encounter of Fate [Glimmeringpearl]

Started by Zane, August 09, 2012, 01:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Sinead was walking along the beach, like he often did with his old master, the previous Bearer Saint. The rest of Cleara Verdad was at a fishing village not too far from the beach. Sinead had made a habit of disappearing whenever they settled in one area for a little bit.

Finding a small tide pool along the beach, he sat next to it and removed his leather shoes. Sticking his feet in the water, Sinead sighed. The water was nice and cool, very soothing on his calloused feet.

Sinead looked across both sides of the beach then across the water. He was alone. Reaching over his right shoulder and under the two sword sheaths, he stuck his hand in the hidden pocket and pulled out a thin, leather-bound book. The Book of Fate.

The Book had special qualities to it. Several special qualities. It could tell you the fate of any one individual, But it was written in the long forgotten language Deum. Sinead's master called it the language of the Gods. It was on a beach similar to this one where he learned to read Deum, the spoken form lost in time.

"Sinead Volkov" the Saint muttered. He opened the small book, runic text materialized on the paper. The Saint started reading his own shifting fate. The only thing that remained constant was the bold red characters that read 'Encounter of Fate'. Sinead had never seen the blood red text before. He had no idea what it meant.

Glimmeringpearl

The lulling tides were broken by a sharp splash off in the distance, a sound usually made when fish would break from the surface. Off in the distance was a silhouette in the shape of a woman's upper half against the red-orange sky. The overcast made for a beautiful sunset when the sun painted the clouds as it peeked between them an tangerine color. The silhouette glinted slightly when it shifted. It was clear the distance figure had spotted the man on the shore. She was holding herself on the rock with her forearms while the waves pushed her, giving the appearance that she was a women stranded in the sea.

Zane

Sinead closed the Book. It was hard to read one's own fate. The text would often switch between the two forms of Deum, but only if you were reading your own fate. Sinead replaced the book in it's pocket. Perhaps a swim would help him clear his mind. He had not yet noticed the silhouette on the horizon as it was grappling a rock in the distance and partially hidden from view.

Stripping most of his clothes and removing the gauntlets, Sinead laid his clothes in the sand then waded into the water. The water was nice and cool. When he was waist deep, he lowered the rest of his body in the water and stayed there. The water was very relaxing. Sinead was very glad that he had come to the beach. He had still not noticed the silhouette.

Glimmeringpearl

The little silhouette lay hooked on the rock for a moment longer before she saw him began to take off his silly garments. The shadow ducked, not really understanding her embarrassment but feeling it all the same. She was definitely more curious by the moment, watching him first examine a strange block that opened in the center and then getting into the water. With a second splash, the shadow had submerged under the water, where she saw his legs, curious though they were. She broke the surface once more, closer now to the strange man.

From closer one could see details of her body a little better. She had long red hair that swirled in the waves and was tangled with strings of pearls which crowned on her head. It was also evident that she was topless and unabashed of it, breasts submerged in water with the waves lapping over two suggested hills upon her chest. Further than that, such as her tail below, was not visable. She was silent for a moment, examining him in the stillness of the evening before she spoke. "Hello."

Zane

The gentle rocking of the waves had been lulling Sinead into a state of semi-consciousness. His mind wandered into memories long since suppressed, the memories that plagued his nightmares. Long, hard, arduous battles. His mind was trying to reject the terrible memories. A soft-spoken voice awoke him from the waking nightmare.

When Sinead opened his eyes, he saw a stunning young woman. Where did she come from was his first thought. He was about to ask when some part of his brain told him that she had said something. Retracing his memories, Sinead realized what she said. "Well, hello there" he said, a grin creeping across his face. The woman had caught him off guard. He had only been caught off guard three times since he had become a Saint, the last two quite recently.

Sinead couldn't see the woman well, as she was in front of the setting sun. But he knew she had pearls in her hair, a lot of them. "You surprised me, you know that?" The woman had a disarming look about her, as if her very presences was a reason to smile.

Glimmeringpearl

The woman shifted, her body language suggested embarrassment. Though, Sinead could not see it, the woman's face burned as brightly as her hair did. Biting her lip, her gaze drew southward in as she flushed. "I-I'm sorry..." She really wasn't. She had no clue what had come over her or why her heart pounded in her chest. The water rippled a little as she moved, her teal gaze coming back up to his face. He was a handsome, charming man. She had never seen this kind of human before. She had met ones that resembled herself but not one with a flat chest and broad shoulders. She found herself longing to touch him.

She shifted again for a moment. "I didn't mean to startle you..." Said she as she shifted in her silhouette, a shadow against red which was slowly becoming purple twilight.

Zane

As it was got darker, it got easier to see the woman. "You're fine. A good surprise lets you know that you are alive." Sinead could already feel the tide beginning to go out. " Well miss, the tide is starting to go out and riptides are common in this area. Why don't we talk on shore." Then he realized that she might be naked. Sinead was suddenly very embarrassed, evident by his reddening cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry miss, it-t didn't occur to me that y-you might be.." his voice trailed off, the stammering only furthering his embarrassment.

Glimmeringpearl

The mermaid shifted closer, confused and desperately wanting to take his face, turn it to hers and remove his shielding from his beautiful face. She did not understand his embarrassment nor what nusity meant. "What's wrong?" She lifted out of the water slightly, reaching for his face as her breasts lifted up out of the water, which were full and heavy but not quite all revealed. She touched his face and stroked his cheek to caox his gaze back upon her. In the twilight she was mostly revealed with the exception of what lay beneath the dark water. She was pale with parts that were sun-kissed into a soft orange and was covered in freckles, mostly on her shoulders. She bore bright blue-green eyes and full, deep rose colored lips. Her hair was a brilliant scarlet and she was riddled with strings of pearls within her locks and it was wrapped around her unseen coral tail. "Have I offended you...? I am deeply sorry..." Her voice was just above a whisper.

Zane

Sinead was at a loss for words as she came into almost full view, the woman was absolutely stunning. It was as if Aiden himself had crafted her for unmatched beauty. Suddenly, she was everything to him. Her touch was ever so soft, her voice was like liquid gold. Sinead was almost sure that she was a deity. When he finally found his voice, all he could manage was, "nay, you have not offended me."

Sinead pulled his hand from the water and laid it on her cheek. His rough calloused hand was an extreme contrast to her divinely soft skin. "Do you mind if I ask you your name miss?"

Glimmeringpearl

The heat from her cheeks was tangible and evident as she pressed her cheek to his hand with great joy, a pleased smile turning the edges of her mouth upwards. "Glimmer... My name is Glimmer. And yours?" Her voice was breathy, the pounding in her chest making her feel as though she swam the wide ocean. Glimmer drew near to him, almost touching chest to chest with her gaze interlocking his. She was astonished by his voice and sudden enamored behavior, sudden but her heart desired more.

She drew nearer, her arms aching to slide around his neck and let their lips meet. Her lips parted in wonder, eyes leaving his to focus on his... Soft lips... Her mind trailed off for a moment before her teal gaze returned to his, not after exploring his body. Her eyes travelled to his strong chest, his shoulders... All over before returning to his eyes.

Zane

Glimmer, a name fit for one of incomparable beauty. "Sinead, Sinead Volkov." He wanted nothing more than to kiss her, but for some unknown reason, he held back. Sinead matched her gaze, his eyes long since softened from their normal piercing state. He felt like he were in a dream, meetings like this happened in books, yet it was happening to him at this very moment. It was like Fate had brought them together.

Sinead reached around and placed his other hand on the small of her back, slowly pulling her closer. Soon the only thing that separated them was her beautifully long hair and a few strings of pearls.

Glimmeringpearl

Glimmer pressed into him sharply with a soft gasp. Her arms slid around his shoulders and she had pressed her soft breasts against his chest. She held no shame of her body. She was now lifted so far out of water that the part of her anatomy at the edge of her hips began to form coral-colored scales which shone in the coming moonlight. She leaned up, slightly parted lips so close to his. Her breath brushed against his lips and just as she drew in another breath, a wave fell upon them and knocked them both to the shore. The tide the pulled back as she rolled and flopped, her coral tail slapping the wet sand. She rolled onto her stomach, pulling toward Sinead. "A-Are you okay?!" Her tail, which flecked gold when struck by light, slid over to help her angle over him.

Zane

Several thoughts rushed into Sinead's mind as he slipped under the water. Cleara Verdad. Drowning. Glimmer's safety. The need to live just to hold her again. He was a ragdoll in the powerful wave. But as luck would have it, they both washed ashore. Sinead lay on his back as the water lapped at him, he was panting heavily. When he looked over, he saw Glimmer not too far from him. He was overcome with relief. "Yes I'm fine, are you okay?" As he sat up, he saw her tail.

At first he was confused, perplexed even. It took him several seconds to realize that she was a mermaid. Again he was at a loss for words.

Glimmeringpearl

Glimmer beamed with delight when he asked about her safety and shook her head, tuckin a strand of hair behind her mint-colored, translucent ear, which was webbed like the fin of a fish. She drew near to him, not taking his astonishment for amazement over her tail, for she thought he was already aware. She instead mistook if for adorable surprise from the impact of the wave. She dragged herself on her stomach and curled around him so that she leaned over him with gentle eyes, filled with adoration. She took his hand and pressed it to her cheek. "I'm fine... See?"

Zane

The shock drifted from his face as Glimmer drew closer to him, his eyes were once again soft as he peered into her teal gaze. She was still an amazingly beautiful creature. "That's great" Sinead said as a soft grin crossed his lips. But his mind would not let him become so absorbed by her again, because he knew, deep down, that he could not stay with her. He had too many people who depended on him, and his heart ached because of it.

Sinead pulled Glimmer into a warm embrace. He could think of but one way around this dilemma.

Glimmeringpearl

The mermaid's face nuzzled into his neck and his cheek as she rested on him, letting her upper half meet his, her elbows propping her up and caressing fingers pressing into his hair and against his scalp. She giggled softly, a contented noise. She was completely and blissfully unaware of his thoughts. She liked him... Intimately... She longed for him even with him already being there. She never felt this way for males of her opposite sex (partially because they were violent.) This was a different feeling. A feeling of deepness and a vastness that went beyond words. Her tail flopped a little as she shifted in his arms. "I am happy." She said plainly, her voice adamant and full of joy.

Zane

"Glimmer" Sinead began, "to put it quite literally, you had me at hello. I wish I could stay like this forever." He could feel her heartbeat on his chest, he was sure she could feel his, "but I have people who depend on me on land. People who I cannot abandon. But, if you agree, I could use an ancient magic to make it so you can come with me." Sinead paused for a second. He had no idea how Glimmer would react to the next part. "But it would mean you would become human."

Glimmeringpearl

Glimmer lifted from his chest, a startled expression on her face in the moonlight. Her skin was pale in the moonlight, almost as pale as the white of her pearls. She looked back to the sea, which touched the end of her fin and watched the waves rocking back at forth. The mermaid gave a range of emotions when she looked at the water: longing, sadness, and nostalgia were the more evident ones. She knew that even if she stayed in the water she would not return to her homeland, to her kingdom... She had always felt safe in it's castle walls until they had betrayed her heart and sent her to be eaten by merman and sharks alike, destined to wander until she found her charm. She had finally found it, the pearls that adorned her and yet since that time she felt no real need to go home. She was far too... Changed now. There was so much curiosity here. She was experiencing something unbeknownst to mermaid-kind.

She bit her lip a little and tears began to fill her teal eyes but she did not look back to him. The water was her home... It had been for years... She would never again be able to sink in it's splendor or spend hours under the water, being pushed and pulled by the sea and carried by it's currents. She could no longer sing with their friends down below... Her heart ached a terrible and great pain. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She wanted so badly for both...

Zane

Sinead watched as tears started to roll down Glimmer's cheek. It killed him for him to know that he had caused those tears. He had to bring a smile back to her face. "Glimmer, should you decide to become human you should know, the magic that would make you human could turn you back to a mermaid. All you need do is ask." He left out that by doing so, he would be breaking the religious law of Cleara Verdad. There was no need for her to know that.

Glimmeringpearl

Glimmer knew that the cost of turning her back would be a great toll, even though he didn't say it. It hung in the air like a gloomy cloud. Even knowing that she couldn't return to the sea she knew what she wanted most and she no longer wanted to return back to the kingdom. "Queen Anne of Lace... Your wish has been granted for I will never return back to you." The mermaid had finally spoken and turned back to Sinead with tears in her eyes and buried her head in his chest. "Promise you will take care of me all my days..." She curled up against him.