Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rub-a-dub-dub, two pirates in a tub! [Hemogloblin!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 21, 2012, 02:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Whoa, whoa," Kota said, widening his eyes as though in shock and holding out his hands in a placating gesture. "If you'd paid attention, you'd note that I'd said 'failing that', as in, if fishing doesn't work! Those are important words! Very important! In fact, I'd say judging by the look in your eye, those words are probably pretty crucial to my own survival..."

He rubbed his chin, as though debating letting her back on board. While he didn't really think she had murder on the mind, he also wasn't so certain she wouldn't clobber him one when he brought her back on board. Still, leaving her out there was not an option. He was a pirate, but he was no murderer.

And it looked like she had been out there long enough. Whatever stubborn point she was trying to prove (or for that matter, whatever stubborn point he was trying to prove, too, by not offering her help and letting her keep on as she was!), this had gone on long enough.

"For now, though, I'm gonna trust you're not hungry enough for human yet. So c'mere. Let's get your stubborn ass back up here."

Calling upon his power again in one final burst, about as much as he mentally had left to muster, the waves beneath her abruptly surged. In one quick burst, they brought her up, washed over the little boat, and tumbled her unceremoniously back inside.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

GoblinFae

She bared her teeth in a dark grin, although whether it was out of amusement due to Kota's discomfort or to grit her teeth against the cold, Morgan could not say for sure. Every last bone in her body felt numb to the marrow.

It was only as she was suddenly propelled up through the water and into the boat that the shock of being both wet and cold as well as no longer in the battering ocean made itself painfully known. Her fists clenched, white-knuckled to the sides of the small boat as the sailor stared down her companion with wide-eyed horror.

Originally of Connlaoth, Morgan was not an overly-fond woman of displays of magic. Having it used on her person was downright terrifying. What if something went wrong? What if she went down instead of up? What if she knocked her head on the boat? What if, what if, what if, ran through her mind over and over as all the scenarios played out in her mind's eye.

"You," she gasped, breathing heavily as each word came out slowly like she was strangling it instead of him. "Idiot. Do you have any idea what you could have done? You could have killed me! I could've..." There were no more words to express how Morgan felt as she slipped into talking in incoherent grumblings.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota blinked down at her like she had turned into a frog. A frog that was speaking incoherent, froggy nonsense at him.

"I...what?"

Tilting his head in genuine confusion, he looked around the boat, half expecting to find something sharp and dangerous or something, something that he could have accidentally impaled her on. But the boat held no cargo, and while the wood may not have been smooth everywhere and splintery in places, there was nothing there that could have killed her.

"How could I...? What are ya talking about? I got you outta the water! You were gonna drown your fool self with the way you were carrying on!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

GoblinFae

"You could have drowned me yourself! Or smashed my head in! How much control do you even have over the water anyway? Why are we even using oars if you can just move it along yourself? There you are complaining about having to row, row, row the boat when you could just be ARGH!"

Morgan howled her frustration before letting her head fall in her hands. Under her breath she muttered a mantra of "I will not kill him, I will not kill him," several times before she could even think of focusing on him again.

"Why did I have to be paired with the stupid one?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota looked at her in sheer exasperation.

"How could I have drowned you? I was going up with the waves, not down! Ya can't drown going up! And you're alive, so you're fine, so it doesn't matter, and...oi!"

He threw his hands up, completely perplexed. "Most people would be grateful, you know. Like, 'wow, gee, thanks, Kota. Thank you for bringing me back on board instead of letting me sink because I was too danged proud to ask for help but you helped me anyway. Even though I've been naught but mean-spirited.' Something like that. But no."

With a sigh, he let his hands drop, one going over the side to trail through the water. "Hmph. To answer your question, though...not much. I'm pretty much spent, now." And then, with a sly little smile, he added, "You're rather heavy, you see."

GoblinFae

Well that did it. Morgan froze at hearing him call her heavy. If there was one thing the sailor-woman was proud of, it was her hourglass figure that she believed always went under-appreciated back home.

Her already dark eyes took on a devil's gleam as she smiled softly. "You're right," came even softer words. "I have been rather ungrateful. You've done nothing but try and help." She looked down remorsefully as she brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Perhaps I can return the favor somehow as an apology?" Morgan offered, leaning forward in their already small boat to look up at him from beneath her long hair. A slight twitch at the corner of her mouth was the only warning Kota would get before her fist made a rapid arc towards face in an attempt to strike him.

No one, made comments about Morgan's body and got away with it.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

At first, Kota was taken aback by her change in demeanor and not quite sure what to make of it. Maybe she really was sorry? Because he could understand. They were in a stressful situation! They were both tired, hungry, uncomfortable, and lost. Emotions were running high and energy was running low. That was a combination that could make anyone irritable and cranky, because look at even him! He was normally laid back, but even he felt like his nerves were exposed for the poking.

So maybe that's what was going on with her? Maybe she was just now realizing she was being unreasonable?

But then she leaned forward and, instinctively, Kota leaned back. She was getting awfully close. Awfully...wait...was she...was she being seductive?! Was that what was happening here? What?!

Kota's eyes widened, heart hammering in his chest as he froze like some dumb prey animal, and then--

POW! Right in the sniffer.

Kota's head snapped back and bright lights burst before his eyes. And then, the pain came.

And the torrent of nose-blood, right into his mouth.

With a loud groan of pain and a slew of curses, he clutched his broken nose in both hands and curled in on himself, tears springing to his eyes because fuck! Broken noses HURT!

"Ahhh! You WITCH! What is WRONG with you?!"

GoblinFae

Morgan scooped up the abandoned oars before they dropped back into the sea and she had to listen to the rat squeak at her some more about them almost being lost forever. "Are you quite finished now?" she responded calmly, like a mother waiting for a child's tantrum to be over.

"Honestly you big baby it's just a bit of a nosebleed. No need to be such a howler." The woman shook her head and slowly began to turn the boat around so she could row. If he was going to carry on like a woman in labor that at least she could productive.

Her mouth though was not quite finished with him though. "I hope this taught you a lesson. If you want to survive to see land, don't insult me in such a way again. You will not like me when I'm good and angry with you especially not when I have all this lovely time rowing to think up plenty of ways to slowly torture you."

Her pearly teeth formed a tight Cheshire grin as she batted her eyes in his direction. In a sickly voice she added, "that alright with you, pumpkin?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

"A nosebleed? It's broken! You'd be howling too if someone broke your nose!" Kota said, still trying to staunch the fountain that was currently his nose. It was kind of amazing how much it could bleed. He pinched his nose, grimacing, and leaned his head forward, his voice coming out nasally as a result.

"In any case, I've learned plenty! Like that you're all for insulting me but apparently can't take a little ribbing in return. And you call me a howler." He grimaced at his own voice. Nasally, and a little whiny now. Oi. Well, he had reason to be whiny. He wasn't ashamed in admitting she packed a wallop.

He made no response to her question, of if this was alright with him. Instead, he huffed through his mouth, leaned over the side of the boat, and spit some of the blood into the ocean. Disgusting. Snot blood. Just great. At least he didn't have to row anymore. That was the one good thing that came of this, he caught a break finally--though he wasn't fond of the price.

"And to think I could have let you drown," he grumbled, shooting an accusing look her way.

GoblinFae

She snorted and rolled her eyes. If Morgan concentrated on only rowing then she would not have to think about how the wind bit through her soaking wet clothes and making her shiver with cold. "Thing is, you didn't so it's all moot anyway. You can argue it all you want, it's not going to change the past and frankly it won't be good for your future if you try. You see, living on a ship with a bunch of men means I don't have a lot of patience for them. You happen to fall into that category so don't piss me off and I won't re-break your nose. Good? Good."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota glowered at her from over his fingers, which were still pinching his nose. The bleeding had stopped as a result, but he knew if he let go too soon, it would start right back up again.

"You're terrible," he grumbled, and sat back, one leg crossing over the other. He realized, belatedly, that that was a silly thing to say; they were both pirates. "And anyway, that's a piss poor excuse. I was on that same ship full of men and you don't see me punching you in the face for no good reason or--bah! Never mind. Just get us to shore already."

Checking his nose to see if it was still dribbling, he shrugged. "Shouldn't take that long. Land's in sight and rowing isn't that difficult, now is it?"

It was petty, but there. See how she liked that.

GoblinFae

"You're right. I didn't punch you for, and I quote, "no good reason." If you're too oblivious to realize what you did to cause it, then I shan't waste my time explaining. And don't you order me around or I'll dump you overboard again. If land really is that close you can swim with your petty little magic for all I care."

Her lip curled in disgust and just to spite him, Morgan rowed harder, throwing her whole body into the act of moving the oars against the surf. She was already tired from two dips in the ocean but she refused to let Kota see weakness in her. If she was anything, she was a fighter and she would make sure he knew that she would not be beat.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Staring at Morgan as she really put her back into it, Kota pressed his lips together so as not to say anything and looked off to the side, at the sea around them. Well, if she was going to row her heart out, he wasn't about to stop her! And as much as he dearly wanted to, he wasn't about to mention that she'd listened to him anyway. No, he was going to eat this up while he could and revel in the victory on the inside, where it was safe.

And, you know, he was also going to rest up after all that rowing and magic and taking a beating!

It was a small victory, but he would take it!

Still, he couldn't help the small smile that tugged at his lips, and he adjusted his hand on his nose to try to cover his mouth so she wouldn't notice it.

"Alright, dear."

If she kept this pace up, they would be there in no time!

And in the meantime, he sincerely hoped she wouldn't catch onto the fact that he felt like he had figured something out about her: that he could potentially use her pride to his benefit.

GoblinFae

Morgan growled warningly at the mock endearment but otherwise held her tongue. She did not want to deal with the infuriating man more than she had to at the moment. He was simply too much of a waste of her energy which she needed very drop of in order to drag the oars through the slowly calming tides.

On and on she rowed until she was sure her shoulders would pop out of their sockets and her hands would split from the abrasions of the wood that not even her already callused and worn palms could not protect her from.

It was only when the bottom of the small boat made an awful scraping sound lurched some that she finally looked down and realized she had hit shallow land. Morgan sighed heavily, letting herself relax for a brief moment. Her head fell back to view the sun just beginning to peak over the horizon and the clouds beginning to fade away.

"Your turn," she informed Kota quietly, acknowledging him for the first time since she had punched him. She did not care what happened now. The land could swallow her whole for all she cared. Morgan was far too tired to move another muscle and if the sailor started complaining she decided she would kill him later. The toll of night had completely drained her.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota had actually begun to doze off, lulled by the waves and Morgan's steady rowing, when the boat jolted and scraped against something. He shot awake with a start, gripping the sides of the boat, and for a second was too bleary eyed and disoriented to register what was going on.

And then, looking up, he saw it.

LAND! Beautiful, precious land!

Kota didn't need Morgan's prompting to get moving. With a small gasp of happiness, he scrambled to his feet--and fell over the side of the boat and into the water instead of stepping over the side of it all graceful like he'd been planning. Pushing himself to his hands and knees and spitting out salt water, he decided not to get up so quickly this time. Whoops. He should have known better, after sitting on his butt so long, unable to stand or stretch his legs; his ass and left foot were numb and tingly.

"We made it," he said, and crawled up onto the sand--and then bent down to kiss it. Which always sounded better in theory, because it just caked his dry lips in wet sand. Spitting and rubbing at his mouth, which got even more sand on his face, he sighed and just gave up. Whatever! He could deal!

When he could finally stand, he took his sweet time stretching his legs and back and then turned to Morgan and beamed at her. He must have looked a mess, with a blood and now sand streaked face. "Well done! We're not gonna have to cannibalize each other after all."

Stepping over to the boat, he grabbed the back of it, took a deep breath, and heaved backwards, dragging it further onto the sand. It was hard work because he was exhausted, but it had to be done; they needed to get the boat inland before the tide came, because they might need it later.

GoblinFae

"Your vote of confidence is so reassuring," she groused. Morgan did not care about climbing out with any grace. She simply swung her legs over the side and hopped overboard. Seawater sprayed upward, dancing at a chance to catch her in the eye and spite her but it sadly missed.

In her mind, Kota was an idiot for trying to become one with the earth. She did not even stop the snort that escaped her when she caught sight of his face. "Speak for yourself, until I see food you may still be on the menu, as pitiful a menu as that would be."

Looking around, she found that there was nothing about this land she recognized. 'Not,' she reasoned with herself, 'that I have seen many lands to begin with.' Morgan made a full circle before calling over her shoulder to her companion. "Any ideas where we are?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota was too thrilled to be on land to even be bothered by that subtle threat--and the less subtle insult it carried. He even happily continued to drag the boat until it was on solid land, and only then did he let go and turn around to really look at the place, beaming merrily. Wherever they were, it was lush. Bright green plants grew with vivid, healthy ferns and palms, colorful flowers, and trees that looked like they might bear fruit. Before them lay a thick forest with misty mountains in the distance, and above them, the clouds looked heavy with the promise of rain.

Kota rubbed at the sand on his face and breathed deep, the air fresh and oxygen rich. "Somewhere great, that's for sure. Jungle this green, there's gotta be fresh water close by. And I'll bet there's lots of fruit around, too! C'mon!"

And Inima help him, he was starving, and his mouth felt like...well...it felt like sand. He wanted nothing more than to just dunk his head in a freshwater stream and drink until his stomach burst. And so, with a bounce in his step, feeling more energetic now that they were safe, he started for the jungle.

He was halfway there when his foot kicked something in the sand. At first he thought it was a rock, but then, looking down, he saw it was an apple-sized yellow fruit.

His face went pale.

Picking the fruit up, he looked it over, and sucked in a breath. It was a panguo fruit, a fruit he was quite familiar with. Poisonous to humans, but one which some of the native monkeys had developed an immunity to. Which meant...

"Oh...no." He dropped the fruit. "I think I do know where we are."

GoblinFae

The sailor rolled her eyes. 'An optimist. How fantastic! Kill me now!' She counted to ten thrice before she was finally able to smother the urge to strangle him and tail after him. He was like a great big child with his bundle of energy and enthusiasm that had bouncing from one place to the next like an from a bow.

Morgan was just about to make another snarky remark as she pulled up alongside of Kota when she saw his face. Crossing her arms over her chest as he dropped a piece of fruit to the ground. "You look like you've seen a ghost. So what, is some man-eatting primate going to pop out of the woods and gobble us up for a noontime snack? I take it the fruit is poisonous given you probably bruised it with your negligent dropping of it."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota shook his head, over and over, and pressed his hands to the sides of his face as he stared at those mountains. Those very, very familiar mountains.

Those mountains that were very familiar because he's grown up with them in his view for the majority of his life.

"Oh no. No, no, no. I mean, yes, the fruit's poisonous, and no, I'm not afraid of a man-eating primate, but...no." He raked his hands through his hair miserably, pulling at the short ends of it. "Worse than any of that. We're in Thanatos!"

And then, pivoting on his heel, he marched straight back for the boat. "In! Get in! We're leaving!"

GoblinFae

The woman blinked several times, flabbergasted by the behavior she was witnessing. "Oh no you don't!" Morgan came marching down the beach in hot pursuit of her fleeing shipmate. "I did not endure your griping and nearly killed myself to get here just for you to run off at the first chane you get."

Fearful that he truly was going to row off and leave her on the godforsaken island with poison-fruit and Angswar knew what else, she latched onto his ear and gave a yank. She stood firm, intent on getting her way, no matter what it took.

"We are not leaving!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]