Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Fine thing indeed! (Akibi&associated characters)

Started by Dreamwolf, November 13, 2012, 08:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamwolf

Luna laughed at being caught, she turned when the race was offered and bolted towards the tree, trialing just slightly behind, in mid leap she took her spirit form, a white, long haired wolf with silver eyes. She pulled up along side Nanako, her tongue lolling to the side in a wolfish grin.

Fen looked up from his work for a moment. "I told her mother I would watch out for her. She goes off on her own sometimes but always finds her way back to me. Her mother was the Spirit of a forest I entered to find wood for a sword. In exchange for the wood of a special tree I agreed to help Luna if she ever needed it. She's like the little sister I never had." A grin spread on his face. "Although the way she goes on about it to other people is that apparently I'm the ideal mate for a wolf. I think its funny, she's already an adult by most standards, but she's so young and full of innocence. It's a bit saddening to see her mature, she sees everything through eyes unclouded by hatred or loss, she doesn't understand what it means for someone to die, but she knows what death is."

Scythe-Nova

Akibi nodded slightly as he listened to Ragnr's story about Luna and looked at the wolf with a studying gaze untill his eye caught sight of something glimmering in the thick grass in front of Luna and Nanako. his body reacted before Nanako even had taken another step with such speed that the ground where he had stood almost exploded as the ground from under him flew up into the air, and just a flash later Akibi had made it over to Luna and Nanako and thrown himself down in front of Nanako and putting down his arm onto the thing he had observed.

It was what he suspected it to be a beartrap that was hidden in the grass it reacted as akibi put down his arm on it and it clasped onto Akibi's arm as it triggered, it hurt a lot but Akibi's skin were very resilient still the trap sunk it's teeth into his arm. and at this time Nanako had not even reacted to Akibi's movement and stepped on her father's arm that shielded her own foot from the trap, she immediatley noticed that something had happened and stopped about three meters past Akibi and turned back looking at her father.

Nanako:"Father!"

She rushed over to her father who rose from the ground still with the beartrap latched onto his arm, blood was already starting to drip from the wound on his arm but his face showed no pain.

Akibi:"Calm down Nanako it's oka-"

Nanako:"It's not okay father!"

Akibi were uncharacteristically taken aback from his daughters outburst looking at her in supprise as Nanako were on the verge of tears as she fussed over the trap on his arm, not wanting to touch it she panicked as she saw the blood drip from the teeth of the trap.

((Sorry for the wait))

Dreamwolf

Fen looked up sharply, he had only barely caught the motion with his eyes, feeling more than anything. Moving to Akibi's side he placed a hand on Nanako's head and patted her. "Calm down little one. I'll fix your father up in no time."

Fen placed his foot on the trap's release trigger and pulled the clamps apart, freeing Akibi from the jaws. He placed his hand on the injured arm and put his magic into it. The wound shortly begin to heal, and if the bone was broken, which Fen doubted, it would heal in less time than normal.

"My primary concern is that traps like this are used by the hillmen who hunt here, they account for most of the robberies and massacres around here."

Scythe-Nova

Akibi looked at Nanako as she almost burst into tears until Ragnr showed up when she looked up at him still teary eyed, She watched in amazement as Ragnr healed the wounds on her father. Akibi however only looked at his daughter with a strange look and as soon as Ragnr were done he moved over to Nanako an knelt down in front of her and brought his arm around her and hugged her close to him as much as he could with only one arm.

-"I'm sorry Nanako... i should not have worried you..."

He said and put his forehead against Nanako's head, Nanako on the other hand hugged her father for all she was worth and sniffled silently untill Akibi rose from his kneeling position, She wiped away the tears from the corners of her eyes and smiled thankfully at her father who simply brought his hand to her head and ruffled her hair with a slight smile.

-"Yes those hillmen are a major trouble factor around these parts, it's really hard to root them out too"

He said and turned to Ragnr with a thankfull nod and moved his arm a couple of times to feel if everything were as it should be. Nanako on the other hand moved over to Ragnr and bowed thankfully and smiled at him brightly.

Nanako:"Thank you for healing my father.."

Dreamwolf

Fen chuckled, a bit darkly. "No need to thank me, it could have just as easily been Luna who stepped in that trap. Your father is a kind person, I only repaid that kindness." Fen glared at Luna who after staring blankly at the trap for a moment napped her fingers.

"These are like the traps used to catch wolves in the north yes?" The wolf girl shook her head and with a wave of her hand made the trap rust a though it had aged a hundred years. "These things, why do humans use them when they are so painful?"

Fen looked at Luna and the other two. "I don't know, but I destroy them when I find them. I've stepped in one my self, they hurt like thunder and give only grief to the animals that get caught in them."

Scythe-Nova

Nanako smiled widely at Ragnr when he talked and then looked at the trap when is suddenly rusted to scraps. Akibi also watched this and nodded silently to himself as he began thinking about why the hillmen would set up traps here it was too close to the road.

-"It's awfully close to the road for traps.."

Akibi noted as he looked around and began seeing more of the traps lying further ahead, he furrowed his brow and swept his gaze along the traps trying to figure out why there were so many traps here.

-"It seems there are more traps here..."

He said and pointed towards the cluster of traps that lay in the long grass further ahead.

Dreamwolf

Fen looked ahead to the traps that lay there. He was surprised he hadn't run any over with his cart. As he looked at them however a thought came into his mind.

"They set the trap for travelers with horses. The traps snare the horses and the group gets stuck here for several days tending wounds. It's not a trap for animals, its a trap for the people who travel this road." Fen moved back towards his cart, grabbing a stick from his firewood pile he began to set off traps.