Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Thanks for the crown. Enjoy your Pig.

Started by visualspice, November 29, 2012, 04:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Yep XD
when we first got the internet, the computer wasin the same room as the tv, so I'd turn my head to look at it and I strained my muscles doing that for like half a year.. nad my neck has been messed up ever since >.>
Lamest way to hurt yourself.. EVAR
---------

Gherrick shrugged.
"Yeah, but so did most of my scars." He gave her a boyish grin and continued to suds up his back, grunting as it was hard to reach a few places. But he wasn't about to ask for help. He'd eventually get it.. maybe. But it was sure nice getting that stink off, and soon he was scrubbing his nails through his hair, working in a good lather before splashing water at his face, rinsing the sudsy bubbles clean off (or mostly off).
"Not a fan of tattoos are ya?" he asked, smoothing a hand down his face to get the water and bubbles out of his eyes before he popped one eye open to look at her, while his red hair was slicked back and suctioned against his head.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

[ooc: OUUUUCH! DDD8 Though gotta admit, that is pretty impressive! xDD Poor thing! Darn the TV for not being in the same room--I hope it is now!]

----------

"Not particularly," Beatrid answered, leaning back and popping a leg up out of the water so she could scrub her foot. "It seems a little pointless to intentionally hurt yourself like that. And I've gotten enough pretty marks on the battlefield, I can't see adding some more just because."

She splashed her face, then let her hair down and finger combed out the braid so she could wet it and scrub it. "You must think awfully high of yourself to go through the trouble."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Gherrick shrugged.
"It was more of a pretty reminder, something nicer than just scars. Even scars fade with time. Well, I suppose not all of them." He said, and went back to pouring more water down his face.

-----------------
OOC: UGh, sorry, short post is short :T

and yeah- sadly, the TV WAS in the same room >>; it was just exactly positioned ot the left of the TV so yeah... T_T
ah well XD
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

[ooc: pffft I don't mind short! 8D
Poor thing. D8 That still sucks hardcore! Neck problems are the worst. Dx]

------------

Beatrid arched an eyebrow. "A reminder of what?" she asked, hair all soapy and some of it running down the side of her face. "Surely you don't need help to remember a nickname. Especially when it's in a place you can't see."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Gherrick stared off in thought. The idea was unique, and there was a reason it was on his back (whip lashes aside). It wasn't a reminder he needed, but a symbol for the world. He saw himself as a different figure than most of the guards or nobles might. To them, he was a simple thief, but to the peasants, a savior, a form of hope. And he didn't want his scars to be the thing they'd remember about him. Life was about luck and chances, and taking what you're giving to see what you got. He just.. went about his methods that way.  He made his own destiny, his own purpose, his own methods to help those in need. And it was quite a clever and calculating method indeed. And it took a brave soul to find and cast judgement on those who deserved it. But most of th etime, it was obvious. When it was unsure, he didn't touch it. I t was as simple as that.

He shrugged after a time. "Of something I've been striving for," he said simply, then went about washing out the rest of the soap from his face before he reclined back inside the bath. "I doubt you'd be much interested in my history anyway. I am your enemy, after all." As if he needed to remind her, though maybe he did?

Rhindeer

Beatrid noted his pause. It was interesting how he kept answering the question without really answering it at all. If nothing else, she could include that symbol was significant in some way.

She ducked under the water to rinse out her hair. "Ever heard the phrase, 'know your enemy'? Or maybe, 'keep your friends close, and your enemies closer'?" A flick of her head sent water whipping his way--and the accompanying dizziness made her gasp and lean back against the tub, eyes shutting until the spell passed. Dammit.

Reaching up to rub the aching spot on her head, she shrugged. "It passes the time, anyway."

visualspice

Gherrick turned to her with some concern. Hair whipping and nice smelling soap and hair aside, it looked like she was still hurting from the head blow from earlier. Placing a hand on her shoulder, he leaned forward and asked, "Hey, are you ok?" his blue eyes searched hers. "Perhaps we should call it quits on the bath. Then we can get to the inn, maybe a nice bowl of soup will help you feel better?" He afforded her a soft smile. Again, it was the least he could do..well, besides the bath. But they both needed that.

Couldn't very well go around the neighborhood being all stinky! (well, not if they could help it, anyways!)

Rhindeer

Beatrid jerked a little under his hand, and rolled her shoulder so his hand slipped off of her.

"Fine! I'm fine," she said, waving her hand at him to shoo him away. "I'm not some swooning idiot, y'know. I've had worse. And besides, I still need to wash my clothes."

Which she was taking her sweet time doing. She glanced toward the door, then back to Gherrick; the maid still wasn't back.

Grabbing her breeches, she tossed them Gherrick's way. "Make yourself useful," she said, and began to scrub her tunic.

That was when the door burst open and three guards marched inside, the maid peeking out from behind their broad backs.

visualspice

The breeches plastered to his fore head, and when the door slammed open, he nearly jumped out o fhis skin. Peeling her clothing aside, he blinked, staring over at the guards and the maid.
And while Gherrick was thinking, 'Oh, shit'... he only gave the pair of guards a smile and inquired with a most friendly of voice, "Isn't it rather rude for men to walk in on a lady while she bathes?" and as it seemed they were deterred by priority, he leaned back some and asked casually, "Can we help you, gentleman?"

Rhindeer

The guards looked less than amused by Gherrick, and didn't honor either question with an answer. Two of them marched toward him, swords drawn and shackles out, and one of the pair reached down to grab him so he could haul him out of the tub. "C'mon, mage," he growled.

The other turned toward Beatrid and gave her an odd look. "What the hell is going on?"

Beatrid grabbed her sopping tunic and yanked it over her head, though it was difficult now that it was all wet and clinging to her. "I'll explain later," she said tiredly. "It's a long story."

visualspice

It seemed even as the situation became more severe, Gherrick was hardly affected by the men calling threats and hauling his ass clean out of the tub. The only thing he asked for as he stood there, dripping wet and blushing was a simple and casual, "Well, could you at least afford me the time to dress? I hardly think it would be appropriate to parade me through town naked." And he seemed to sweat more over that idea than being shackled or poked by their blades.

Rhindeer

As soon as Gherrick was out of the water, Beatrid grabbed her breeches from where they'd sank and struggled to wrangle them on. It was kind of difficult to be authoritative when you were half dressed. Then, wobbling a little, she climbed out of the tub and sat on the edge, breathing a little heavier than she should have been as she waited for her vision to clear.

Meanwhile, the guards were not taking any pity on Gherrick.

"That's the least of your worries right now," one guard growled as he forced Gherrick's hands behind his back so he could shackle him. Clearly, they weren't taking any chances in case the man decided to pull any tricks while he dressed. Instead, they were keen on keeping him off balance, uncomfortable, and vulnerable.

"You've earned your walk of shame."

"Ansgar's pits, you're being ridiculous." With a groan, Beatrid rose to her feet and snatched a towel off the table.

"Be real bloody pointless, don'tcha think, if he dies of cold before he even gets there," she said, and marched--slowly, shakily--over to Gherrick to drop the towel around his shoulders. "Besides, not everyone wants to see that, thank you very much. Have some fucking consideration."

visualspice

Gherrick frowned. As much as it was.. degrading and down right embarrassing, he did take notice the way Beatrid was walking.
"Hey, take it easy. You're still injured." He afforded her a small grin and shrug. "Don't worry about me.. though a towel.." his blue eyes pleaded with her, almost like a dog begging for a bone. "You sure you can't get these guys to at least let me put on my pants?" he asked, leaning forward and whispering the last words just to her.  Really, at least if he were to be arrested, he wanted some dignity. Especially since he was going quietly and had been helping the law, after all (you know, minus the whole crown stealing thing).

Rhindeer

Beatrid considered him for a moment, then turned to the soldiers. They were looking antsy to get moving, always uncomfortable around a mage since it was only her ability keeping it at bay, so she wasn't sure how willing they were to wait around and play dress-up--and while she could be pushy and belligerent as hell, she frankly didn't have the energy to argue. All she wanted to do was curl up somewhere, for she'd already pushed her body hard despite the injury.

"Let's at least give him some pants," she said, making it clear that it was not a request. "We don't wanna scar any little old ladies." She found his breeches by the tub's side and shook them out, then shoved them at one of the soldiers.

"Help him out."

One guard unshackled one of Gherrick's hands to make it easier, and Beatrid, very briefly, shot the mage an apologetic look. It was there and gone in a flash as she turned her attention back to the soldiers and shuffled to the table to gather her armor and tabard.

It had been easy to arrest him in that barn, back when he had just been a criminal.

visualspice

Well, as he mentioned earlier, Gherrick was certainly not going to hold this against Beatrid. She was only doing her job, and if he hadn't broken the law to do his, they wouldn'tbe in this sort of mess. And neither would he. So he only smiled at her, gave a shrug and thanked the men as they helped him on wiht his pants.

"Er, and what about my shirt? Can we err.. at least take that with us as well?" he asked, uncertain how much he could push his luck. His clothing was expensive, after all. And it would take forever to embroider all of the detail on it if he had to have the clothing remade yet again.

Rhindeer

One of the men rolled his eyes and snatched up the shirt. He tossed it onto Gherrick's head. "Don't see what use it'll do ya, where you're headed," he said. "Won't have a head to wear it."

Beatrid cleared her throat loudly and stepped in.

"Thank you, Deir, but me and him, we've already been through the whole 'rubbing his nose in his own shit' deal," she said, and adjusted the shirt so it sat on Gherrick's shoulder instead of his head and face. "Let's just get outta here, alright?"

Now that she was out of the water, and with her wet clothes clinging like sealskin, she was freezing in addition to head-sore. But more than that, she didn't want to look at Gherrick anymore.

visualspice

Gherrick simply obeyed as the men prodded him to walk, so out of the bath house he stepped, although he paused and the men grumbled and poked him with the ends of their pointy spears.
"Hey, ouch! I just wanted to remind Beatrid she needs to grab my bo staff and the crown." The men all made faces at what Gherrick said. "After all, she had caught me trying to steal that, after all, and would work well in the courts if you're trying to use it to build a case."
THe men, irritated, at least took the time to look at Beatrid to see what she would say. This was technically HER criminal now, after all and they weren't sure how she caught him, but it must have been an interesting series of events indeed.

Rhindeer

The men looked expectantly at Beatrid, and she gave a dismissive wave of her hand.

"He's right," she said, and went to gather up the bo staff and crown, once again securing the troublesome item to her belt. The bo staff, however, came in handy; with her still feeling woozy and faint, it doubled as a decent walking stick, and she leaned against it as she followed the group out of the bath house.

The cold air hitting her wet clothes drove her breath right out of her, and with a shiver that went from her head clear down to her toes, she braced herself against it. She picked up her pace so she could fall in beside Gherrick, and for what would probably not be the last time, she gave him an odd look.

Maybe it was the injury, but she still couldn't wrap her brain around how cooperative he was being, and part of her half expected the other shoe to drop.

The other half of her wanted said shoe to drop.

Then it would feel less like leading a lamb to slaughter.

"I've got him," she told the other soldiers, and pointed to each in turn. "You two, take the back, and you, take front watch."

When they moved to obey, she leaned in close. "What're you playing at, anyway?"

visualspice

"I don't know," Gherrick said with a shrug. "I've only been caught a hand full of times, and most of the time my plans just come to me in the moment." He blinked and looked over at her. "Currently, they're not coming to me in this moment, unfortunately." He gave a small smile then another shrug.

"I see my bo staff is coming in handy." his smile brightened at that. "You should be sure to see a doctor after this. You're still not walking properly. They must've hit you pretty hard. How does your head feel?" he asked, peering up at her with some concern.

Rhindeer

"Like shit," Beatrid answered with a wince. Outside the bath house, the light seemed much too bright and hurt her eyes, but she would just have to deal for now. "Ain't the first time this's happened, won't be the last. I'll deal."

Though she definitely would be seeking treatment once he was dropped off. Only sheer force of will and foolhardy stubbornness was keeping her going; she was a workaholic at the best of times and hated being helpless more than anything, even at the expense of her health.

Something he said registered a little late, thoughts coming to her a bit slower than usual, and she blinked at him. "This isn't the first time?"