Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady of the Desert (M)

Started by visualspice, December 01, 2012, 02:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Zarrah simply gave a shake of her head.
"No...  I guess being back here beats dying. So you have no reason to apologize."
But even still, she sighed again as she looked around at the place she had once called home and the memories made her throat and chest tighten as she gave a hard swallow and a second sigh.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Radimir didn't know if he should mention his many wonderings, knowing this was where she and Castor had made love, and often.  A part of him burned to think of it, but he was curious, especially to know how he fared in comparison.  But he wondered if asking that kind of question was appropriate after a life or death experience.

"We cleaned it out, but at least there is water, yes," Radimir said and drank from the clean spring where the water had come from.  He invited Zarrah beside him and cupped his hands before her, offering her water.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Zarrah remained silent and looked at his hand.
"We almost drowned. I'm not sure I want water," she moaned, and dug a hand into her hair as she frowned.
"It's like my life is a curse. The desert always haunts me." But with a sigh she added, "But at least we're alive."but the words were hollow.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Radimir's silence was agreement, and he sat back and instead doused his face with the water, cooling himself off.  He too, thought, they were free, that they could finally escape this place and make a life for themselves.  And somehow they ended up back to all the places that connected them.  Radimir felt shame then, for his actions, what he did to jeopardize what she had with another man.  Though he was a man that did not love her, he interfered all the same.

What good could he have brought Zarrah?  He promised to venture off with her, to help her, save her from the darkness that surrounded them.  And yet here they were once again, insects beneath the burning glare of gods gone mad. 

"It's my fault," he said, looking out towards the raining waters that continued to pour forth from the outside of the cave entrance.  "I ruined just about everything good you had going for you, didn't I?  I mean...when we met, it wasn't exactly under honest pretenses.  It was all a lie..."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

At those words, Zarrah looked up at him, a curious and confused sparkle to her eyes before she looked away, staring down at her own shadow and saying nothing to that- just digesting over those thoughts, those words.

Lion

Radimir didn't know what to say either, except perhaps.  "But how I feel about you, that was the only true thing I know.  Maybe at first it was a fascination, but...I-I....I can only know it now to be real.  That...could never be a lie.  I would die before I would deceive you again."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Zarrah shook her head when he was done talking, and her hand rested over his before her violet eyes raised to meet his. She studied them and their uniqueness, and that of the shape of his face before her palm raised to caress his cheek.

"That doesn't matter now. We all have things in our past we hate ourselves for."
It was, however, unfortunate he had done that to her. And part of her still had a bit of hatred towards him for it, but in the same breath, what she had with Castor...
Though she felt a connection to him, it was he who chose to leave, and in the path way of their lives, she had come to accept it could never be. But even still, she had to wonder how he was doing, and if he'd ever escape his curse- as she was still battling with her own.

Lion

"Lest we grow old, and become men filled with regret..."

He remembered his father's words as they rolled off his tongue.  "We will escape," he said at long last and gripped her hand with a sudden determination.  "I will take you out of this place if it's the last thing I do.  If one of us must be buried in sand, it will not be you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Zarrah studied his face. She saw the sincerity there, the passion and gave him a small smile as she squeezed his hand.
"Do not forget my curse. If situations are dire, you should be prepared to let me go. The only one of us who will get buried is you. I can not die. Not yet."

And as she thought about the other thing he said, she shook her head.
"And we are free," she pressed, eyes flaring. "We are free as we make ourselves. Storm woman be damned. If we want to stay in the desert, so be it. If we want to conquer it, then let's do it all ourselves. THis is not the time for us to remain weighted by our past. There is a reason we were brought back here.. and i'm sure that fate will show it's face soon enough. We just need patience." And though she trie dto smile and appear strong about it, there was stll something sad about her violet eyes.

Lion

Radimir smiled.  She was right after all.  Her condition gave her the chance to be patient, taught her there a were second chances. His life, watching everything crumble around him, his father slain, it'd been hard to cope with. Even now he still had dreams about him and he knew also that Zarrah was still haunted by Carnavus in many ways.  Yet, somehow they were still here, together, alive.

He leaned across to hug her still wet cold form and braced her to his chest.  Whether it was love or desperation that kept them together, it didn't matter as long as they never parted.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

SHe tensed at his embrace at first before joining him. SHe rested her head against his and soon whispered, "Let's try to leave here again." And then she smirked. "But tomorrow. I am tired, and could use something to eat."

Lion

When evening came, Radimir stayed up, watching the moonlight coming down from other black sky. There were a million starsthis night, but he couldn't bring himself to watch them.  He was too busy watching the sands surrounding the cave, and for the woman that hunted them.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Whatever storm had come had seemed to pass, and only the winds were left behind, like a scar. But while Radimir was taking watch, feeling uneasy, Zarrah felt the same. She tried to rest but when she awoke to see the fire had gone out and Radimir was missing, she moved to slip outside and watched him in silence as she too, looked up to the horizon, and to the stars.

Lion

Radimir wished he knew what lay in store for them.  He wished he could say everything would work out, but there was no telling of that future.  One thing he knew, he would not leave her side, not unless their paths truly diverged.

He looked across to Zarrah.  "You can't sleep either?" he asked, forcing a small smile.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"No," she told him through a breath. "Although this place had been my home for many years, and we've been gone but months... It makes my skin crawl." She frowned and looked down at the rock ledge they now sat.
"There are too many memories here. And I wanted to leave them there, forgotten. But it seems my ghosts only laugh at me in the night."

Lion

"You should laugh back," he murmured.  After a moment, Radimir looked out to the stars again.  "Remember that story I told you when we first met? The one about the phantom that wandered the desert searching for her long lost lover, and killing men that were not him."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She said nothing, eyes distant and thoughtful. But at his query, she nodded.

Lion

"Were you the one that inspired that legend?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I just might be. There are many stories about me but most call me the lady of the desert."

Lion

"A fitting name for a spectre so beautiful."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn