Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Exiled

Started by Anonymous, July 11, 2005, 10:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

In a move of apparent desperation, the Guardian suddenly burst up from the trees and shot all of its gray energy tendrils towards Norriden and the woman he carried, reaching and stretching and trying to take hold of any part of Kynrei-
Who wasn't faring too well with the Guardian's reappearance. But instead of convulsing or having violent spasms this time, she started to slowly curl up into a fetal position in Norriden's arms.
The Guardian's many writhing limbs stretched to their limit, nearly tearing themselves away from the core of their being in their attempt to grab any part of-
!!!!
And then the Guardian lost all speed and quickly fell behind, slowly dissolving away into nothingness until it was completely gone.
The harsh gray hue of the clouds above began to fade away as well, allowing the normal color to return.
With the Guardian's absence, Kynrei's body relaxed some, though she was still unconscious.
A couple moments after the situation calmed down, Alexian spoke to Norriden in his mind, her voice clear and without distortion or outside interference:

You have outrun the Guardian's lifespan in this Realm, Norriden. I must commend you on your exceptional work and ability. Sending a Guardian outside of Upper Heaven is quite a taxing ordeal, so Mother will need time to recover, which gives us some time regain our strength as well.
This is a matter most dire, as you must be well aware, Norriden. If you would be so kind as to indulge me, I would like you to ally with a few others that have agreed to aid in our cause against Mother. Strength can be found in abundance in unity, after all.
God speed to the Skylight Inn within the village of Adela, Norriden - Virtue will meet you by the front doors. There you can find the others, there Kynrei and rest and recouperate in peace, and there we can begin to forge our plans against Mother and her delusional ways.

Anonymous

Norriden's pace finally slowed when he felt the presence of the Guardian fade away completely. Kynrei relaxed and Alexiannastraziel could be heard clearly. Without any word, Norriden nodded his head and turned his flight course for Adela.