Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What a Man Wants [VisualSpice] (M)

Started by Ivory, January 01, 2013, 07:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

Audric's eyebrows rose at the look, but his only response was a mock bow.  Well well well...

Kathryn enjoyed her tour -- it was the sort of things young ladies on the arms of handsome gentlemen should enjoy, at any rate.  If she had to do this every day, she would quickly tire of it -- but she considered the tour to be a form of exploration, and that satisfied her curiosity nicely.

She gazed up at the portrait, noting, with a smile, the features Calent seemed to get from each parent.  His eyes from one and his skin tone from the other...  But all of them seemed so...stern.

She glanced at him curiously, wondering if he ever allowed himself to smile -- a real, genuine smile and not the ones they wore now for each other.

"I should certainly say so!  You are, after all, one of the wealthiest and most respected men in Connlaoth!"  And the most eligible bachelor...  "Of course," she amended, "Success is not measured merely in riches or the opinions of your peers, whatever some people say."  As if realizing what she had said, suddenly, she flushed lightly and turned her attention back to the portrait.  "You must forgive me.  I'm a bit of a romantic, I'm afraid."

visualspice

Calent was a bit surprised at her blunt tongue, though perhaps it was still civil.  However, coming from a lady to be so bold well, a slight smile curled his lips, eyes remaining on the portrait.
"Indeed, success is measured by many things." he informed her, eyes almost glowing beneath his stoic face as he gestured for her to take his arm once again. "Shall I show you to your room?"
Catching a glimpse of Audric, who would, most naturally be nearby, he afforded him on real answers visually, but... once again, made sure to catch his eye before returning his attentionst o Kathryn and taking her, leading her away.

Down the great hall of guests, her room was at the very end. Gesturing to a servant, the large double door was open and in the group stepped into the most marvelous of rooms...
A hand carved wooden bed, the posts depicting the form of true angels, the bedsheets, pure as snow, and the furniture, as lavish as the rest of the palace.

"I hope this room will suit you for the night," the duke spoke, humbly.  "And if you need more servants at your disposal during your stay, I can make amends and fetch them into your powers merely at your request."  Bowing towards her, he waited for her acceptance, at best.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Kathryn's expression was one of delight as she looked around the room.  It was luxurious, to say the least -- and beautifully furnished!

"Thank you, Duke Calent.  You've made me feel quite comfortable here."  Really, for a man who so seldom accepted guests -- on a personal basis, anyway -- he was quite the charming host!  "And, I thank you for your offer, but I have only need of one maid."  They weren't preparing for a ball, after all!  "I will see you downstairs for dinner?"

And when Calent left the room, he would find Audric waiting for him at the end of the hall with his arms crossed and wearing an amused expression.

visualspice

"I am glad this suits your fancy," he spoke, bending over and taking her hand, kissing it light before rising.
"Take all the time you need. Rest up, the trip from Highheart can be a long road, I trust." He nodded. "I will have a servant call upon you when dinner will be served."
Then with another regal bow, Calent walked off...

Finding Audric at the end of the hall, he simply gave him a side long glance and walked pass him without nary a word.  Two could play at that game of silence!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Audric didn't seem to mind; he fell into step beside him smugly.  "It was funny," he said with a chuckle, admitting to his crime rather promptly!  "And the lady rather skillfully maneuvered around it, I thought."

That gave him pause.

"And you're rather skillfully maneuvering around her.  What in Angsar's name has gotten into you?  She isn't quite that pretty.  And if you're only going to break her heart after you've won it with such grace, I can name several very pretty ladies who would show you more gratitude and not resent you in the least for breaking it off afterwards."  For a price!  He was only half-joking -- well, maybe a quarter joking.

visualspice

Calent kept walking, keeping silent.. still walking, remaining long in his strides.

"Her politeness, perhaps won me over," he said bluntly, then turned to hsi friend, giving a trying sigh. "I suppose she's as good as any other." was all he stated, staring at Audric without amusement as he kept his friend under a well guarded gaze, as if trying him to prod beneath the surface of any sort of scandal he so studiously believed could be presented here.

"I thought you said yourself I was becoming too old to wed. Do you find her a poor catch for a man of my status?" his words were cool, his manner, the same as he stared at Audric listlessly.

Ivory

"Ah, now there's the man we've come to know and love," Audric teased, as immune to that gaze as ever.  "Be that as it may, you are doing the lady a disservice.  Unless you intend to keep up this charade every moment of your marriage?  Flowered words and chaste kisses and compliments enough to keep a maid sated?"

Audric had some experience with women -- whores, mostly, but that was besides the point.  Women were women, after all!

"If you only show her your true self on your wedding night, she is bound to take it hard -- blame herself and come to hate you, eventually...  It may seem a kindness now, but in five or ten years, she will consider it an act of cruelty.  Anyway, she seems to be a sensible girl.  Young, yes, but sensible.  She probably knows well enough that love has little to do with marriage."

visualspice

"I never mentioned something so bold as love," Calent replied plainly. "And I was simply playing a game you started." he tossed Audric a gaze, then looked away, continuing down the hall.
"And her presence here makes it easy for a man like me to just accept what Angsar has tossed at me and play off of whatever drama had taken place in my stead. You know, my name is a mockery after such an event. It would almost be cruel for me to lead her on, as the second advance of a man under my name. Though, perhaps more jarring if the reality, when the real Duke, such as I, proposes the claim in truth.  Marrying her... I could, indeed do worse." he said, having paused to speak, hands behind his back, then he pressed on. "Besides, what would you know about love, Audric?" the man pressed, not looking back at his friend as they made their way down the long, exhausting hall of Guests.

Ivory

Audric shook his head slightly.  "Maidens fall in love easily, Calent.  Particularly when the man wooing them is as handsome and wealthy as you are said to be."  He didn't approve -- but he could scarcely make the Duke behave himself.  If he was determined to break the girl's heart and embitter her, well, he would do it.

Clearly, he didn't realize he was going to have to live with her.  Oh, certainly, they would each probably rattle around a separate wing of his palace...but it was much more fun, he imagined, when you didn't despise the other party!

"As for love, not all of my trysts have been bought with coin, Calent.  And I've seen my men spurn too many women to not know what will happen next."  Spurned women did tend to become erratic...  He'd seen spurned women do all kinds of crazy things -- and had heard crazier stories!

visualspice

"So, after you suggest the choice of marriage, now you disprove of it?" Calent was amused, though never wore a smile to commit to the expression. "I find it rather jarring that you, as my closest ally, might believe I am toying with some girl. Perhaps there is some fancy with her, but I can not say. Her family is being honorable in their gifts, and I? Merely accepting them. They are not the only ones who need to patch up the bruises called here. Reputations are at stake, not the fate of my bed mate." he replied flatly.

"Though she seems well enough, young enough and pretty enough to make some handsome heirs." he resigned with a sigh, and continued to move towards his study- the place he normally hid himself before the dinner hour.
There were, taxes unfinished, after all.

Ivory

"Only trying to protect you," Audric answered with a hint of resignation...or perhaps it was disgust.  "As always."

No, this was not going to end well...

At the door to the study, he added, "Good luck with your taxes, Calent.  I'll see that everything is ready for our departure in the morning."

(OOC: Lame post is lame!)

visualspice

Damn him. What turned out as a civil game, he now made it sound like it had turned into the repercussions of war.  What did Audric care if he faked love for a wife and fancy? He was bitter, and his night's- mostly sleepless..

and now, thanks to that God Damn pirate he met before..
He had, well, needed the company of a few courtesans ever since. But still... he did not feel sated, and his heart continued to simmer in it's own poison.

Disappearing down the hall, he was a foul mood and even more foul as he sat before his taxes..
staring at them near an hour before taking his hand across the table and smacking all of the contents tot he miserable ground as he called out in anger, the noise echoing across the tall spaces of his personal study.

Gods be damned! He'd find himself a wife!

Ivory

Kathryn had never dreamed Duke Calent would be so charming.  All of the things she had heard had described a very cold man indeed...

And to invite himself back to Highheart!  Imagine!  She knew her father did not wield so much power that this could be the reason...  Though, perhaps, he was simply so incensed that he meant to take advantage of the offer...

Well, there would be plenty of time to figure it out.  With Molly's help, Kathryn had soon scrubbed all of the dirt from the road off of her person.  Molly braided back Kathryn's hair neatly -- in much the same way she had worn it when encountering Dekka for the first time, in fact -- and they turned to Kathryn's trunk.  Of course, they had prepared for such an invitation...  It was the polite thing for a host to do, after all!  And so Kathryn was soon dressed in a fine outfit of an emerald green.

And that left Kathryn to decide jewelry.  An emerald to match, or something less flashy?  She had a lovely pearl necklace that she was quite fond of...

visualspice

It didn't take long for the King of Thieves to sniff her out. After all, their parting had lest him, more or less, intrigued. And also, with such a craving.
Though as it were true to his character, he remained, lying out, stretched across the great width of the open window to her room as he admired her..
the massive, ivory drapes floating before his form, shrouding him like the pillowing effect of a ghost.

His dark green eyes sparkled as he watched from the shadows, admiring her every time he caught a fresh glimpse of her colored clothing.
Yes, my my..
She was quite the catch..
Then, when it seemed she might be alone, the maid wondering just enough out of ear shot, he finally spoke.

"Who would have thought I'd find you all the way out here?" came the intriguing voice- a familiar voice, and certainly not the voice of the drapes.

Ivory

Kathryn started slightly -- although her expression quickly lightened into a smirk.  She glanced behind her in the mirror, though he was, of course hidden.  Rather than give him the satisfaction of turning, she lifted her chin slightly and went on admiring her jewels in the mirror...or at least pretending to.

"You should be careful.  I'm beginning to get used to you doing that."  Even though it really was only the second time...

"Were you stealing from the Duke and just happened to discover me here?" she wondered.  "Or were you planning to steal from me and failed to catch me on the road?"  She didn't seem particularly alarmed either way...

visualspice

"The life of a thief, though well planned, can have it's time for unexpected and delightful distractions." was all he replied, the drapes settling as did the wind, so that she would be able to see his silhouette behind.

After a moment, she might have been able to hear his laugh.
Then he spoke.
"Hello, Lady Kathryn."

Ivory

"Hello, Dekka," she answered -- pleased far beyond what she should have been to see him again.  Of course, in reality, she probably should have been screaming her pretty little head off for aid...

"Are you going to hide behind that curtain all evening, or are you just waiting for me to invite you out into the open?" she asked, finally spinning to regard him with an amused expression.  Yes, far too pleased...

Perhaps it was because she didn't know what to make of him.  He was dangerous, after all, and a magic-user...and a wanted criminal.  And, yet...

"Or," she asked with a note of triumph and mischief, "Has your beard still not grown back?"

visualspice

Dekka rubbed his chin.
"It's.. coming back." he informed her, still remaining a lazy figment behind the drapes of white. Another wind rustled them, but they never parted to reveal his form. But he was looking at her, quite easily through them- an interesting silhouette pitted against the Allarrian style vanity.

"You could come see for yourself," he invited, slowly moving to stand, though his ass remained somewhat perched against the gaping stone window sill, and the drapes, finally settling to a still when the remains moved on.

OOC: <3

Ivory

Kathryn stared at him a moment, cautious...yet intrigued.  For a moment, it seemed she might refuse, for she returned to her jewels -- but only long enough to fasten the emerald around her throat.

Only then did she rise.  "You're being quite mysterious today..."  She sensed some sort of trap -- though, for the life of her, she could not imagine what sort of a trap it could be.  They were only curtains, after all...

Curiously but slowly she approached the window.  She paused in front of them, then, with a hand outstretched, the fabric grasped lightly in her fingertips.

"You aren't afraid Molly might announce your presence to everybody, are you?" she wondered, looking at the gauzy shadow.  Really, why else would he be hiding like this?

visualspice

He smiled, standing up tall now, as he could more easily see her face before him and through the curtains that was keeping them apart.

"Perhaps I like a little mystery," he said, raising a hand as he pressed against the drapes, fingers moving through it as a hand formed out and touched her cheek, then drew softly down to her neck before he dropped his hand away, eyes admiring her jewels.
"Nice choice of jewels," he commented, but naturally it wasn't the only thing he admired before his eyes returned to her, the drapes wafting between them like a dream.

"I shan't keep you long," he began, staring at her face, white washed outline through the curtains. "I think duty will call you to the dining hall soon, I'm afraid, but I did want to stop by in my travels. After all, it's been... sometime now, hasn't it?" His eyes sparkled, and perhaps she could see their playfulness, despite the drape- the only thing keeping him from going to her.

Tags: