Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Southroad Bandits

Started by Tally, January 05, 2013, 12:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

Alright kiddos! Here's me craptastic profile. :)

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14132.new#new

Let me know your thoughts! I'm open to suggestions, plottings and all that jazz! (I like jazz!)

Ivory

Hm, jazz...

Are you going to crash our hangover thread?  Or have you already?  I haven't looked yet!  *scramble!*

Paradox

I didn't!  I was waiting for approvalness! Because I am a gentleshark!

Doc

Craptastic? More like amazing! doom dooom DOOOM! Love it! He should totally become a member of the little goblin kingdom myself and GoblinFae are starting!

But, until then, I can't wait to see this awesomeness in action!

Paradox

Haha! Aw. Thanks! And he just might although I had this fun idea for a bugbear berserker who is terrified of the dark and has to bring along his trust teddy bear (which is cleverly named "Little Bear" ) wherever he goes. x3

I will be crashing the party soonish! I honestly have NO clue what Sekeolath'Zhin will be doing in a silly old tavern, but I'm sure I can concoct some crazy idea for him. Maybe he'll bring Wulfgar some honey! :3

Doc

Lol, that would be hilarious! I was considering something along those lines, a orc warrior who was convinced he was a mage! The most dysfunctional band ever!

Paradox

I love those types of characters. :3 I've had a troll who thought he was an elf and an orc who thought he was a wolf (though it stood to reason since he was kinda raised by them!) . I've been considering merging my bugbear idea with my original orc bard idea to make my bugbear an aspiring bard as well (but not a very good one! Or, perhaps unpredictably pretty good but shy about it!).

Now, on a more Guild-ish related note I had a small idea for this magical ring Sekeo was silly enough to steal. It doesn't have to affect the guild itself , but I thought it might be trouble for Sekeo later on! Perhaps whoever owns it comes after it. Someone quite dangerous whom the Guild probably won't want to get on the bad side of! That being said, the trouble either makes Sekeo choose to leave because he doesn't want his friends to get hurt OR Jackal can toss him out on his scaly hide to fend for himself! ;)

And so Sekeo can spend some time, perhaps a year or two, not affiliated with the guild, running from an angry mage who wants his ring back! I realize I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself here , but I thought it could be great fun and I thought I'd share my thoughts!

Tally

Oooh plottiness!  I could see that going a number of different ways. (8  Like, Jackal could get pissed with Sekeo for bringing this trouble down on them and he totally might kick the guy out. xD  OR I could also see Jackal just digging his heels in and refusing to let these people who are after Sekeo mess with any of HIS bros.  He can be contrary like that. xDD

Vincent

It's time to kill you all! Or just Eliana!

Here is one of my two bandits! I decided to just push him forward and hammer out the details as I go! Fun, yes?

And I present to you.... Jassir!

I hope to have my lady bandit done today as well, but her history is proving to be a bit of a challenge!

Doc

Ivory

Ivory

Psst, Vinny!  Your profile calls her Elaina!  <3  I am so amused!

Vincent

Ivory

No worries!  <3  I saw you had spelled it right in this thread, so I wasn't really overly concerned!

Vincent

Fixed.

Also, Lady Leolin is ready for action! I'll be working (in fact, I am now) on the in-depth for her personal history, but for the time being...it's a mystery!

Doc

Woo!! Can''t wait to see them in action!

Vincent

If I were to make a thread of my own, might anyone be interested in joining me? I'm not quite sure how I'm going to start off either of these two just yet, but I'm in the process of brainstorming.

If not, I may try posting outside of Deadfall Towers and finding others to interact with for the time being. I still intended to do so at some point, but one thing at a time!

I was talking to Paradox a couple nights ago on messenger and I had an idea to continue Sekeo's ring dilemma through my characters. I suggested that perhaps the kobold had vanished just before the bar fight in The Hangover and Lady Leolin had followed him, perhaps with Jassir in tow because she may have overheard the discussion concerning Hubert and the ring. Being a mage, she might also detect that the ring is not good news.

She might take the ring from Sekeo perhaps because she overheard him in the bar and decides to investigate the matter herself. Or...perhaps Sekeo has already disappeared to find this wizard , Hubert and goes missing for weeks. Perhaps Leolin goes to investigate his unusual disappearance. Perhaps this mage is giving the guild trouble, wanting his ring and Leolin is merely looking for Sekeo to bring him him back and punish him for his insolence, but also to claim the ring and , perhaps, give it to the mage so he'll leave the guild alone. This being said, this mage might not be a bad guy. He might just be trying to get the ring back because he knows the dangers of it falling into the wrong hands and wants to prevent this from happening!

Many possibilities there, I suppose! Anyway, I've talked about this with Keallach and he seemed open to it.

I had also suggested that the ring does not have any evil power, but is simply contains a keystone, perhaps one of three or so that are needed to unlock something. What this something is, I wouldn't say yet. Perhaps it's just some elvish treasure, or it could be something kind of bad that's meant to be locked up forever and ever!  Now the ring might have some sort of magical power ,but nothing spectacular like the One Ring. Heh. I'm sure we do not want to roleplay Lord of the Rings here.

And so I've laid my thoughts down! Feel free to comment, make suggestions and so on.

My apologies if at any point this is confusing. It's early and I'm not fully awake. :)

Ivory

Hi, Vinny!

I would sure play with you!  :D  No matter which direction you're traveling with your characters!

Doc

Agreed! Wulfgars always down for some adventure! And Sylus, well, he'll be there at least!

Listenbeastie