Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Down by the Sea [Goblin]

Started by Juno, January 08, 2013, 01:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Lucien groaned at the stinging in his feet but he immediately lifted his head at the sound of a voice nearby. Squinting up at him for the sun high in the sky, he nodded slowly. "I'm... I'll be fine. I hope nothing's damaged," he said, watching as the boys made quick work of the barrel he'd been resting on. Slowly standing, he winced at the pain but tried to smile at the shorter man.

Surprised at the hand in front of him, he reached out to shake the fisherman's hand. "Lucien Lindauer, sir," he greeted. "I'm a...visitor here." He wasn't quite sure what else to tell him, but he was just glad the burden of both barrels had been lifted. Breaking contact with the older man, he stepped around him to cautiously lay down the remaining barrel and start rolling it back up the street like the younger boys had done. "Where were they headed? I'll get this back to where it belongs for you," he offered.

GoblinFae

"I can see that," he laughed. "You come in off one of those ships in port?" Agam bent down to help with rolling the barrel back to his stall. "Unfortunately all the way on the up at the top of the hill. You don't have to help though if you don't want to Lucien. You've been plenty of help already. No need to strain yourself for a stranger."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"I did, I did," he answered, hoping he would not ever need to admit to being a stowaway for his journey. Looking over at him, he offered a friendly smile before lifting his head to see just how far down they were now. It wasn't that bad, but he did worry for how badly he'd probably be hurting afterwards.

"It's no strain at all, sir. I'm used to this kind of work," he lied, chuckling as he worked to speed up the barrel with the hope of being finished as soon as possible.

GoblinFae

Agam matched the younger man's speed all the while eying worriedly. "Used to or not, pulling a muscle is the last thing you need, lad. I doubt your captain would be all too pleased if you weren't shipshape in time to ship out." He assumed that Lucien was a sailor and not a passenger as he could not fathom the idea that anyone would want to come to Cerenis willingly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

His Captain? Lucien was confused about how he'd come to that sort of conclusion about him, but he didn't want to correct him either. "Oh, I'm fine, sir, really!" he insisted, forcing himself to smile through the pain. He worked hard, rolling that heavy barrel back up the hill to where it belonged.

Once he noticed similar-looking barrels by a stall he turned and rolled the barrel right up to them and quickly righted it. Leaning against the stall counter, Lucien wiped sweat from his brow as he tried to calm his breathing. Frankly, he was unaccustomed to manual labor. "Hah," he panted. "It's hot today, huh? I'm glad you didn't lose those barrels, sir." Slowly, he lifted his head and cracked a smile. "Did you need help with anything else while I'm here?" he offered.

GoblinFae

"Me too, laddie! Me too," he laughed. "Why don't you sit tight for a moment and I can get you a cool drink. It's the least I can do after all your help. If you just mind the stall for a moment, I'll be right back. Just a minute I swear," he called as he toddled off into the crowd leaving the young man in charge of the stall.

Along the way though he ran into his daughter and let Riley know of what had come to pass and how he had left a kind-hearted stranger in charge of the fish stall. Hurrying her steps, Riley could not help how her heart skipped a few beats as she wondered whether or not it would be her own kind stranger who was waiting for her father's return.

She had to suppress some giggles as she came up from behind the stall and caught sight of an unmistakeable set of thick, dark curls and a strong back. Taking a chance that she was right, Riley sneaked up behind him, to throw her arms around his waist and give him a warm hug behind.

"Oh my long-lost brother," she cried, "how I've missed you!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Oh, no, that isn't necessary, really!" he insisted, but the man was already headed off and he had no idea where he was going. Smiling as he shook his head, he called, "All right," to him and circled around the counter so he could stand in the shade instead of out by the main street.

Several minutes passed while he waited, wondering exactly what he was getting as thanks as he stood there still trying to catch his breath and ease the smarting in his feet as he curled and uncurled his toes within his shoes. Thoroughly distracted and not expecting anyone to approach from the rear, Lucien gasped in surprise when he felt arms wrapping around him and the push of her hug that sent his arms sprawling across the counter he'd been leaning on.

Trying to wrap his head around the voice that he recognized, he peeked under his arm to look back at her and even without seeing her face properly he knew who it was. A blush immediately started spreading across his cheeks at the thought of being so close to her again. "Hello s-sister," he stumbled, very aware of the eyes upon them from passersby. Turning quickly, he wrapped his arms around her for a hug and squeezed gently before setting her at arm's length. "My, you get prettier and prettier every time I see you!" he told her warmly with a playful wink. "Have you been well? Keeping out of trouble?"

GoblinFae

Riley giggled and blushed. She was delighted to see him play along although she had not expected a taste of her own medicine. His embrace was warm and sweet and left her wanting more. "Such a charmer. Been well, met a guy, Daddy squished him with a barrel of fish, nothing new," she chuckled, playing along.

"What about you? When you're ship get in? Have any adventures on the high seas? I'm all ears."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He nodded enthusiastically as she spoke, not quite realizing she was talking about him as he hadn't really made the connection between her and Agam yet. Not realizing she was talking about him, he didn't let her comments faze him. He was determined to keep winning her over and wasn't going to let her tease him with some distant man who, as far as he was concerned, posed no threat to him. "Oh, just the other day," he told her easily. "But I've been here and there since.

"I wouldn't say I've had adventures, dear sister, but I did get half my year's pay recently. The bastards finally decided they'd put me off for long enough," he chuckled. "I have learned a great deal more about sailing, though. Little ships. I can't run one of those giant operations on my own, of course. But... What a coincidence. I've met a girl recently. She's such a pretty little thing."

It was then that he finally realized just what they were talking about. He felt like such an ass for not being smooth about what they were talking about, but he didn't think it was exactly his fault because he was putting in a lot of effort just to play along with her. Blushing slightly, he cleared his throat before continuing to suggest, "We should...have dinner with them soon so everyone can have a chance to meet each other. If you're not too busy this week, of course. I know you're so very busy and can't drop everything for me, especially when I'll be around for a while yet."

GoblinFae

"Did you, now?" she queried softly, continuing to hold his hands in her own and loving the weight and warmth that came from doing so. "Sounds like you've kept quite busy without me. Sounds like you didn't miss me at all, dear brother. How sad," Riley pouted slightly, sticking out her lower lips and looking downward forlornly.

"You'll just have to come to dinner and show her off to daddy and I, then. I'd like it a lot if you did," she continued softly, swinging their joined hands slightly with a tiny smile. "You'll come won't you? You promise?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Busy?" he repeated, blushing some as he gave her hands a gentle squeeze. "I did miss you. A lot. I swear." The thought of dinner, and with her father at that, was a bit scary, though. He wasn't going to lie.

"I will if that will make you happy, dear sister, of course. I promise. But... Well, wouldn't you like to have a chance to catch up on our own, too? It's been such a long time since we just sat on the beach together. We used to watch the sunset all the time, remember? Those were good times. Very...happy, wouldn't you say?" He grasped her hands cautiously as fond amusement danced in his eyes. He wondered, hopefully, if he could possibly wrangle a chance to spend more time with her with such an act.

GoblinFae

"Aye they were, and can be again if what you're doing is inviting me on a walk down memory lane. You know how I love the sound of the waves and the seabirds. Perhaps if we're lucky we could even picnic out on the beach, that is if you promise not to try and throw me into the surf again. I still haven't forgiven you for that," Riley jested with a wink.

She leaned up closer to him, squeezing his hands back happily. The fisherwoman could not believe how lucky she was to have such a handsome stranger not only take interest in her but play along with her silly little game. The world outside the two of them was a blur to her and as such she never saw her father approaching slowly through the crowd and eying the pair with great interest.

"Would you be free tonight, or does little sister rate second best in big brother's plans?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"I promise I won't throw you in," he chuckled. "At least not this time. I haven't seen you in so long. I would hate to to overshadow our reunion with something like that. But you'll just have to watch your back," he told her, half-joking though he wasn't quite sure if he could resist such an opportunity if his fortune with her held.

Not really realizing how close they were getting, Lucien leaned in towards her as well. He only kept what little space he felt was necessary with still knowing so little about her, but still he felt the occasional brush of their shirts together in the coastal breeze. "I always have time for you," he told her softly, offering that nervous but hopeful smile again as he brushed some hair away from her face and behind her ear with one hand. "Tonight would be perfect."

GoblinFae

She giggled at having him touch her so sweetly. "Lucky me then," she whispered softly, afraid to ruin the mood between them. "It does sound perfect. I'll being the food and you can pick the spot." Riley smiled feeling giddy inside at making such plans with a boy. It was not just any boy either, it was a handsome stranger she had only met the day before. Yet, to her it could have been the king himself and she would not have been more excited and delighted at the idea of spending her sunset on the beach with him.

Gathering her courage she leaned up on her tippy-toes, moving slowly so as to not scare him away. She was moemnts away from pressing a chaste kiss to his cheek when a throat cleared very close by and sent her bouncing flat on to her feet again and scurrying off to Lucien's side.

"Daddy! I didn't see you there," she exclaimed, fixing her hair behind her ears and trying to lessen the flush in her cheeks.

"I noticed," he chuckled back, offering a wood mug of water towards Lucien. "For you my good friend. I did say I would back with a drink for you." Moving an arm out to scoop Riley into his side, he beamed. "I see you and Minnow already met. Know each other well?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Delighted with how things were going, Lucien eagerly agreed. "Great! That'd be wonderful. It's a date, then." It really hadn't taken much for him to be entirely wrapped up in the idea of her. She was so sweet and playful. So far she really was everything he was looking for in a main squeeze while he was there. It never hurt to have someone around who seemed so fond of him, but she was the kind of woman that made it hard not to like her. And like the sailors she and her father seemed so fond of he was certain about uncertainty. He never knew where the wind might carry him next or how long he might be there. Commitment longer than a few weeks didn't seem likely, as he rarely even stayed in one place for even that long.

Lucien was so drawn to her, though. It felt like she looked at him with more than just admiration for a pretty face, but he couldn't quite pin it down. He recognized what she was doing, though, as she leaned in. With a twitch of a smirk upon his lips he leaned down the smallest bit to meet her before he was startled by her quick retreat. Confused, his head shot up just in time to notice the man he'd helped before standing there. Now able to identify him as her father, the thief paled a bit as he realized he'd just gotten so close with his daughter right there in public.

He seemed like he didn't really care about it, though, as he handed him the mug, so Lucien was hopeful that he might just let it slide. Taking the mug and gripping it with nervous hands, he took a step back to distance himself from the pair and didn't even look at the water let alone drink any of it. "Minnow?" he perked up, glancing to her. It was an odd name, for sure, but he wasn't going to complain now that he finally had some way of addressing her. "Ah, well... Only a little, sir," came his answer, unsure what he should be saying about her when he was right there in front of her.

"I'd say we're still getting to know each other, but we met yesterday. She was very helpful when I was very lost in the rain," he chuckled, trying to shrug off his nerves of being startled. And then he remembered the water. Raising it slightly in thanks, Lucien smiled as he took a long drink from it. "Thank you for that, sir."

GoblinFae

Riley could not believe it. He had said date! She was going to be going on a real date. Her first one too! She just could not get over it. It was only her father's presence that kept her grounded in her girlish moment. The sound of her nickname created a bit of a wince that helped stave off her impending squees of joy while also further flaming her cheeks.

She could hear her father's voice buzzing her ears as her eyes focused intently on Lucien drinking. "Riley!" her father nearly shouted causing her to startle. "Sorry! What were you saying?"

The older man chuckled and shook his head. He knew a woman besought when he saw one. He just never thought it would be his own daughter quite so soon. Agam made a note to speak with her later about the matter once this Lucien fellow was gone.

"I asked you my little fish if you wanted to lend your new friend Lucien there a hand and point him in the right direction to where he was going. I seem to have deterred him and you know how confusing these streets can be some times."

"Of course! I mean, that is would you like some assistance, Lucien?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Riley? Was it Riley or Minnow he should call her by? Lucien blushed, honestly having no idea how he would broach the subject with her when he next got her alone. Observing the interactions between father and daughter, the young man hurriedly drank his water before setting the empty mug on the counter of their stall.

He nodded eagerly, thankful that someone was finally speaking to him directly. "S-sure!" he answered nervously, speaking slowly as he struggled to find his words. "It's been a while since I was last in Cerenis... Things are coming back, but I would appreciate the help, Ri-Min....Riley."

Stepping back out into the street, he waved to Agam and nodded his head to him in thanks. "Thank you, Bellerose. You are very kind and I feel much better now." Letting his eyes wander to Riley, he cleared his throat and adjusted his bag restlessly.

GoblinFae

"Agam, Lucien. Just call me Agam. No need for last names here. You were a big help to me today. Couldn't thank you enough if I tried. Now then," he began, turning to address Riley. "I do believe little Minnow that our new friend Lucien has somewhere to be. Wouldn't do to hold him any longer given the time he has already taken to help us, now would it?"

"Of course not daddy," she giggled, reaching out to place a hand on Lucien's arm to lead him away. "Come friend, allow me to set you off in the right direction. I know this town like the back of my hand!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Lucien flushed slightly for the correction, worried that that was far too informal a way to call the fisherman by, especially when Lucian knew his daughter and intended to know her even better. "Of course..., Agam." It felt like he was cheating the system by meeting such a nonchalant parent. In all his years he'd never had to meet a parent in this situation, let alone talk with them. But, like his daughter, Agam was very kind and understanding. He could see where she got it from.

Confused again by the use of "Minnow" Lucien decided to just give up on guessing and ask her in private what she preferred him to call her by now that their names were out. Grateful that they were finally leaving, Lucien walked with her at a quick clip with his long legs, very eager to move out of the area and out of sight of her father.

"I'm sorry about that," he offered her tensely. "I hope I haven't gotten you into any sort of trouble." Slowly to a normal pace, he was intent on milking this as long as he could, just walking the markets with her. "I didn't realize that was your father when I helped him," he admitted, smiling nervously. 

GoblinFae

"Don't be," Riley replied letting her hand slide down from Lucien's arm and into his own. "I'm not in any trouble I can't handle. My father is a very understanding man. But, of course I'm sure my brother knows that," she jested offering a playful wink.

She stopped though, moving to stand in his path so that she could look up at him. "Did you mean it before, what you said? Would it be perfect?"

'Would you really want to spend time with me?'

"Because, I would like it, if we did..." Her smile was warm and soft as she gazed up at him with eyes that were opened wide to reveal her heart for all to see, for him to see.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: