Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Slight Disagreement With a River (Open)

Started by TheHighwayman, January 21, 2013, 05:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayman

Lerrok lay on the bank of the river, occasionally coughing up a bit of water. He was happy enough to be back on solid ground for the moment. The young man was drenched from head to foot, he'd lost his coat, his body was slightly bruised, and he was shivering a little. Still, he'd managed to lose the men that had been after him.

It hadn't seemed like a bad plan to the Connlaothian at first. He'd seen two men passing along the road- armed, but not heavily. It would have been a simple matter to follow them until they stopped for the night, at which point he would crack either of them left to keep watch over the head, take their coins and be on his merry way.

What he hadn't counted on was one of them waking up at the last possible second. He'd ended up fighting two awake and armed opponents rather than one who wasn't even aware of his presence. He could have killed them he supposed, but he wasn't that desperate for coin and he didn't like the risk anyway. So I jumped into a river. Great thinking on my part, just great.

"Alright, that's enough lying here, let's see how bad it is..." Groaning, Lerrok dragged himself upright. Everything seemed intact, but his pack and his dagger were both missing. He checked his pockets for money and found nothing. His sword had stayed lodged in the sheathe, but that was about the only piece of good fortune he could think of at the moment.

The man noticed the silhouette of a village a little further downriver and sighed. Hopefully his things had washed up on the bank somewhere between here and there, else they'd likely have been carried off. "I suppose I might as well start looking."