Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hangover! (Open)

Started by Doc, January 24, 2013, 07:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

Booted feet made no sound as he made his way down the spiraled staircase and out of the archway. He had to step over two bodies, but he would never let such a thing stand in his way. In the early morning hours light filtered in through open windows and mingled with half-burned candles that flickered in the cool morning breeze. With a look of disgust Sylus pushed a body from where it lay propped up with its head in one hand, the other resting around a half-full mug. The body hit the ground with a slight groan, rolled over, and then drifted back to sleep.

Sylus leaned over the bar, knocking aside more than a few half-empty tankards and flagons. He had to lean up on his tip-toes but he was finally able to reach his prize. When he brought the bottle up to examine it Sylus noticed instantly that almost a quarter of it had been drank. Crystalline violet eyes darkened with murderous intent as he slowly scanned the large open room that had been converted into a makeshift tavern for the bandits. Several wooden tables with long beer benches dotted the area and were covered in some form or fashion in telling signs of the nights debauchery. Drunken cut-throats and thieves were passed out in various positions along with a good handful of illicit women. Some were still awake it seemed, intent on carrying the revelry on through the day. Pickings seemed to be a bit slim lately and even the dour elf had to admit that the Jackal had outdone himself in keeping the bandits entertained.

Picking his way across the room Sylus settled down at one of the tables with the bottle of his home brewed brandywine, a delicacy compared to the swill most of these villains drank. Picking up a small ceramic cup, Sylus began to poor himself a drink when the whole of the table shifted violently.

Wulfgar shifted his heavy weight back in the chair as he awoke with a start, his massive booted foot pushing the massive wooden table easily as he startled himself awake with his own snoring. The big man blinked a few times and smacked his mouth, working out the foul taste he had earned the night before. A big meaty hand engulfed one of the flagons and he finished off the contents with two quick gulps, making a rather displeased face. When he noticed Sylus, his lips curled into a broad grin and he held out the cup to his friend.

"Mornin' Sylus, mind toppin' me off somma that wine of yours?" His large voice boomed, much to the chagrin of someone passed out nearby who groaned in protest.

"I think not, oaf. You have neither the intelligence nor the pallet to enjoy such a thing.." Sylus hissed at the big man, guarding his bottle with a scowl, "Go whet your tongue with some of that piss you call ale.."

For his part Wulfgar seemed completely unfazed by Sylus' comment, he was used to the elfs mood and simply jiggled his cup, pounding it on the table like a child.

Ivory

Eliana, in spite of her nature as a woman, was a thief at heart -- and she loved nothing half as much as a good party.  She had kept up with most of her colleagues as the room descended into chaos -- up until she had decided that enough was enough.  After all, there was no one present she had wished to take to her bed -- or on the table or anywhere else -- and so she had simply gone to sleep and let the boys enjoy their whores and the rest of the ale.

She was surprised to find at least two souls awake already.  Actually, she was kind of surprised she was awake.  She momentarily considered rolling over and going back to sleep.  ...That is until someone started banging his mug on the table.  She flinched with each subsequent bang until, at last, she could take it no more.

Rising with an indignant huff, she stormed into the main chamber.  The door that had failed to provide her ears protection slammed against the wall to announce her presence, and the sound it made only pissed her off more.  "Why?" she demanded, glaring at the pair from the doorway, not quite able to form the words she wanted to utter.  "Why?"  Her anger quickly evaporated into a soft whine as she pressed a hand to her forehead.  "Can you just be a little quieter?  Just for four-five-six hours?"

Doc

Both Wulfgar and Sylus turned as the door banged open. Sylus turned a scowl on her, if only to be lumped in with part of the problem, but then just as quickly turned his scowl onto Wulfgar. The appearance of Eliana only seemed to have brightened the big mans mood.

"See what ya did Sylus?" Wulfgar gave the elf a chastising look, pointing at him with his empty mug, "Ya woke 'er up!"

"What!? Me!?" Sylus seemed incredulous at the idea and his typically flat tone spiked, which caused him to both blush and scowl even harder at the Adelan, "It is your damn childish banging tha-"

"Come drink with us!" Wulfgar cut off the elf, pounding his mug on the table again, "Sylus 'as his special brandywine an' enough for all of us!"

"Stop shouting you loaf, and quit offering my things!" Sylus was red now with boiling anger, red enough it looked as though steam might pour from his ears as he shot daggers at Wulfgar. The look was lost on the big man of course, who was too busy smiling at Eliana and beckoning her over with his mug.

"Come on..." Wulfgars deep voice easily carrying across the room as he gave Eliana his best example of puppy dog eyes. Despite the scars and bent nose, Wulfgar's childish nature allowed him to pull it off pretty well, "Come drink with us! Drink! Drink! Drink!" Wulfgar began chanting and smacking the mug on the table. Someone curled up on the ground near by shouted 'shut the fuck up!' and whipped an empty mug. It missed and did little to stop Wulfgars chanting.

Ivory

"If I come over, will you stop shouting?" she asked hopefully.  Still, more drink might be the cure...

Plucking a glass from the counter, she eyed it a moment.  Ick.  She dumped the contents out, then found someone's discarded shirt to wipe it out.  With the glass in reasonably better condition than how she had found it, she crossed the room to their table.

Even hung-over, there was a certain slink in her step, and her hair, which had been neatly pulled back the previous day, hung at the nape of her neck in a messy bun.  The few dark strands that framed her narrow face were curled gently and prettily about her face.

"I swear to every demon in the Great Book that I'm going to kill you as soon as I can see straight, Wulfgar.  But if you're quiet -- and I mean real quiet -- I might just forget and go back to sleep and let you live."

Doc

"Ha-ha!" Wulfgar cheered as Eliana finally gave in and moved over to their table. Wulfgars smile grew and he leaned even closer to Sylus, pointing at her with a cup as he gave his friend a conspiratorial wink, "Ya see that Red? If ya want a pretty girl to drink with ya, you just have to ask!"

He pounded the table and laughed, loudly, as Eliana threatened him. It took a lot to dampen the spirits of the giant Adelan. He reached out for the bottle Sylus held, which was deftly maneuvered away from Wulfgars meaty paws.

"You could kill him.." Sylus offered rather blandly, still holding the bottle away from Wulfgars grasping hand as he looked upon the woman, "Slowly. No one would mind. I wouldn't even say a wor-Oh ALL RIGHT!" Sylus snapped at the man, slapping away his free hand before grabbing up the wrist of the hand holding Wulfgars cup. He filled it to the top, his lips curling up into a sneer as he gave a disgusted sigh, "There you damn fool! Drink until you rot!"

As Wulfgar happily brought the cup back to his lips and began to drink in earnest, Sylus turned cold violet eyes on the woman. He didn't know much about her, other than she was good. Good at getting people alone and good at getting peoples things. Both things Sylus could respect, if he were into the whole respecting others thing, "And I suppose you'll want some too?" With a heavy sigh he filled his own glass before sliding the bottle across the table to the woman.

Ivory

Eliana's fingers pressed against her head just above her eyebrow at Wulfgar's exclamation.  Why did he have to be so loud?  Couldn't he see she had a headache?

She did, however, accept the brandywine wordlessly, tilting the slender bottle until it had filled her cup -- but only about halfway before stopping.  She set it back down between herself and glowered mercilessly over the lip at the big brute.

Oh, how she hated him at the moment!  At least he was quiet, now that his cup was full!

Her sip of the brewed wine was delicate and ladylike, and she let herself savor it a moment before setting her mug down on the table with a smile.  "Very good," she murmured appreciatively.  "I can see why you don't want it to be shared."  She lifted her glass to him in a casual toast.  This was to be savored -- not guzzled.  She eyed Wulfgar again, almost pityingly, before turning her attention to Sylus.

"You deal in poisons, right?  Have any that aren't lethal that could provide us an iota of peace this morning?  Or are?  I don't care anymore."

Doc

"Yes, well, that's why I don't share it.." Sylus said with a bit of an edge to his tone, "When I brew a wine, or even an ale, I take care in what I do. I measure my ingredients and I give it the proper attention it deserves.. And I don't do it so some half-witted ogre offspring can slurp it down like some common swill!" He shot Wulfgar a scathing look, though the man seemed to be pleasantly content in his own world humming out of tune to some song in his head as he drank.

Sylus pale violet eyes drifted back to Eliana. He liked that she understood the delicacy that he crafted, and that she didn't treat it as some tavern grog. It almost brought a smile to the elfs face, almost. Then she mentioned poisons and he gave a small frown, tilting his head toward Wulfgar while he spoke to her.

"I've tried," He intoned flatly, making it impossible to tell if he was kidding or not, "time and again. Worst I've seen happen is that he begins vomiting and defecating all over the place.." Sylus made a face at the memory, and had to force himself to keep his drink down. His eyes drifted closed as a shutter passed over him, "You have seen what that man eats... It was not pleasant.."

Ivory

Oh, yes, that was certainly something she didn't need to see this morning!  Her stomach lurched disconcertedly at the prospect, and she forced her thoughts away to things that were much more pleasant.

"I saw a man in a marketplace once who could eat anything you brought him -- nails, glass, bits of metal...  What he couldn't chew, he swallowed whole.  He devoured poisons and medicines.  It was actually rather impressive.  He couldn't be killed through his stomach."  Her smile widened -- an almost predatory look of delight, looking much like the cat who caught the mouse but not yet killed it -- as she lifted the glass to her lips for another sip.  From behind the glass, she added, "Until someone told him to eat honeycomb fresh from the hive.  Bees and all."

Oh, that had been quite a sight...  And, more to the point, it proved that everyone had a weakness!  A few angry bees in someone's throat should have been weakness enough for anyone!

More pleasantly, she inquired, "How long does it take you to produce such exquisite flavor?  I've never tasted anything quite like it."

Doc

Now that story did bring a smile to Sylus' face. He even produced a small chuckle and, feeling charitable, raised his lass to her before taking a sip and enjoying the flavor. He poured a little more into his cup, topping it off, before offering the bottle back to Eliana. If she was going to actually enjoy the drink, maybe he could spare a little.

"Hmm, it comes from ingredients, as with any brew. They must be fresh, and so sometimes it means waiting for the right seasons.." He swirled his cup slowly, watching the red-gold liquid tumble about within, "But for this? I let this ferment for just under a season. It keeps the taste crisp and fresh, without burying it in the burn of alcohol.."

"You know what else is good?" Wulfgar piped up, apparently no longer content to hum to himself. He sat down his empty mug, pushing it toward Sylus as he spoke, "That red beer ya make, Red. When ya gonna make that? Did ya already make some?" His eyes widened and he leaned forward onto the heavy table, which creaked from his weight, "Can I have some?"

"What are you.." Sylus sighed heavily and defeated, shaking his head. He looked back to Eliana, giving her a flat look, "I don't suppose you have any honycomb on you?"

"What? Honeycomb?" If Wulfgar's face could get any brighter, it did as he looked obliviously between the two, "I love honeycomb! And mead, which is made from honey! Isn't that right Red? Do you guys have honeycomb?"

Ivory

"Sadly, no," Eliana answered them both as she delicately refilled her glass -- again, only partway.  "Perhaps you could go find some?"  Oh, but she hoped he would take on such a quest!  A fool's errand -- possibly dangerous -- into the woods to search for honey...

...And away from where she was trying to sleep off an ill-advised binge!  With the mood she was in, she didn't even care if he made it back or not!

"So, where is our fearless leader, hm?" she wondered, glancing around the bodies.  There was no sign of the Jackal -- but, then, she supposed he was better than the rest of this sorry lot.  Probably still asleep -- but the Gods knew how with all of Wulfgar's banging about like a bull in a china shop!

"I'm not sure I saw much of him last night."  It was all a rather comfortable blur, really.

Doc

Wulfgar seemed to deflate somewhat when he was told there was no honeycomb, mumbling something about 'lying' and 'dashing hopes' as he settled back into his chair with a frown. Two arms like tree trunks crossed over his massive chest and the whole of the table they sat at jumped when his massive booted foot came down on it, propping up a powerfully built leg. Though he would deny it instantly, it was clear to see Wulfgar was pouting. Which wasn't good, as there wasn't much in the way of emotions between unrelenting optimistic happiness and berserker violence when it came to the large man.

Sylus joined Eliana with a casual look around the room violet eyes taking in the details and characteristics of every person, bandit, whore, bard or otherwise. He didn't see Jackal, but then, he hadn't really expected to. As his cold eyes returned to Eliana, narrow with disgust, all Sylus could do was give a small roll of his shoulders, the shrug causing his blood red cloak to shift open slightly revealing the gold trimmed black tunic he worse.

"Who knows where that lecher has run off too.." Sylus said with a soft sneer, taking a sip from his glass, "More than likely he has found some pretty little thing, or two, to share his bed with him." Another sip of the glass then, "Or, perhaps, he is out actually finding us some work..." It was no big secret that Sylus didn't much care for anybody, the Jackal included, but while Sylus may have been a cold and calculating bastard he also knew better than to turn his hand against the Jackal.

"I remember seeing him about, but not much else.." Sylus agreed with a small nod. While he had not intended to get too drunk, that didn't seem to have stopped him. Especially not when Wulfgar had decided it best to force feed half a bottle of potato liquor down Sylus' throat. The memory of which caused the elf to renew his scowling at the beast.

Paradox

Slumped in a seat on the far side of the room there was a kobold , his head angled down and jaws slightly ajar and drooling as he snored loudly. Visions of precious, shiny pretties danced in his head as he slumbered and in these wonderful dreams he imagined himself atop a mountain of silver with a big shiny crown and a tall , beautiful woman on each arm. Yes. It was such a wonderful dream. All of his subjects were the mean orcs that used to make him mine the pretties and not share them. They knelt before him, worshiping his awesomeness and...

He was so rudely awakened by the pounding of mighty fists and the stamping of large booted feet. Sekeolath'Zhin gave an anxious hiss, feeling the floorboards beneath him vibrate. His golden eyes snapped open and he sat up in his seat, draconian head whipping this way and that , frantically searching for the source of whatever had produced the quake. Then he saw the big silly loud one, Wulfgar, consuming enough ale to drink a Kings' Army under the table and then some and the grumpy elf...

There was also the pretty lady...

He heard them speaking of things that hardly interested him, but then he heard that they needed something they could not acquire and Sekeo, being the sort who loved to prove his usefulness and loved a good excuse to go procure something for the guild (as well as himself) , slipped out of his seat and quietly approached the trio. He moved silently and and subtly like a shadow without even trying and even the most alert soul might not have noticed his presence until the little creature was standing but an inch or two away.

"I can help," Sekeolath'Zhin volunteered in his usual sibilant and timid tone, "Sssstealing honey from beesss is hatchlingss's play, yesss. Yesss it isss."

ooc: Special post! x3

Doc

Sylus' was an elf and as such had exceptional senses. He could hear the breathing of his pray, smell the sweet stink of their fear. Not being caught unawares was what had allowed the assassin to survive for so long in his trade. So when the little kobold seemed to just appear next to him, Sylus was nearly startled out of his skin!

He hissed his displeasure, fixing a heated and dangerous glare on the sniveling little kobold. Personally he found the creature disgusting and refused to see why Jackal allowed the thing to stay around, despite the fact it had just snuck up on him.

Wulfgar took a much different opinion on the matter however. He loved the little kobold, as he did most things. In fact his face lighted up when he was startled by Sekeo's approach. "Shorty!" Wulfgars voice boomed with pleasure that his little friend had woken up and decided to join them! He twisted frantically in a search until he found what he was looking for.

"Gimmie that!" He grunted at a man passed out half-naked on the floor beneath the table, snatching away the mug he had curled himself around. For his part, the man only groaned, relinquishing the cup without ever opening his eyes. Wulfgar emptied the dregs left inside onto the floor and then quickly poured half of his cup into the new one, holding it out to his friend, "Shorty! Come, drink with us! Come on!" He shook the offered cup in the little kobolds face.

Sylus looked on in disgust, his lip curling with revulsion at the idea of sharing the table with Jackals little pet lizard, let alone a drink!

Ivory

Eliana, too, had been caught off-guard by the kobold's sudden appearance -- but that, exactly, was why they kept the little guy around, wasn't it?  And all the locks in the world did not keep him out of her jewelry.  She had been so angry the first time that she might have murdered the fiendish little kleptomaniac; since then, she had accepted it -- sort of -- and could shake her belongings out of him with a mean look and minimal violence.

"Wulfgar!" she whimpered with a glare as his shouts of glee made her head spin.  "I thought we agreed that you were going to be quiet!"  Was he going to act this way every time someone woke up?  The thought made her long to be elsewhere -- unfortunately, there was that whole, absurdly bright sunshine to get around if she wanted to go outside.

It was a lose-lose situation.

Paradox

The grumpy elf gave him the usual look of disdain and Sekeolath'Zhin flinched under his murderous violet gaze. Sekeo would never comprehend what the pointy-ears's problem was with him. But he looked down upon the kobold in the same manner that those nasty orcs at the mine did. Like an inferior being. And for whatever reason, Sekeo wasn't offended by this. It only made him more determined to impress.  But for now, he would have to pretend not to notice the venomous looks Sylus was giving him. Jackal and many of the other bandits wouldn't let him come to harm because despite his oddities and cowardice, he was pretty darn useful!

He hastily moved to take a seat beside the mighty Wulfgar and struggled a bit to pull himself up into one of the chairs. Why were humans so tall? Why didn't they make kobold-sized chairs?  Once settled, he accepted the offered mug that was so eagerly shoved in his face. Sekeo wasn't one to drink much because he preferred a stronger dwarven ale or good old kobold firebrew...which was far too hot for most humans to handle. Even then, drinking always made the senses dull if one were to get carried away and Sekeo wasn't stupid enough to get intoxicated around thieves. They'd take his pretties while he was passed out and it would be a cold day in the Abyss before he let THAT happen!

Though since he'd come to join Southbound, it seemed that drinking with his fellows earned him more respect among the tougher male circles. And Sekeo , despite his size, could surprisingly hold his liquor better than most (at least as far as his size was concerned!) ....he'd NEVER be able to drink Wulfgar under the table but sometimes it was fun to try!
"Isss Wulfgar sssset new record today?" Sekeo'lath inquired, curious and to know and he wouldn't have been terribly surprised if the man did without even trying! "I ssssshould find ssssspecial brew of my people. Issssss very sssstrong. You like, I think. Isss called Dragon'sss Breath or Kobold Firebrew. Very good. Make mouth go boom! Hehe. Much better than sssmelly dwarf sssstuff. Knock full grown bugbearssss off their feet!  "   But he'd have to make a trip to the goblin lands for that and Jackal probably had something lined up for him. There was always work for his skilled little claws. There were just so many tricky locks to pick! Perhaps he needed to consider taking an apprentice ? But then he'd have to share preciouses with them and he didn't like the thought of that! No, no. He had to be here to steal the pretties for Jackal and himself...

When Eliana's tone grew sharp at Wulfgar he flinched and suddenly set his mug down on the table. He then turned out his pockets, spilling out a couple jewels on the table and looking guilty. SOMEONE had been in Eliana's things again! Though it had gotten to a point that ANY time the woman looked angry, he automatically assumed that she KNEW what he'd done and he usually surrendered everything without even being throttled. Mean looks were quite effective! "Hehe..." He looked sheepish, " Issss sssorry. I try...b-but I take less thissss time!" He cringed, expecting to be punished for his naughty behavior. Well, it was true! He was getting better at not taking from her...as much! He'd only pilfered several gems this time rather than dozens.  But it was sooo hard!

And the first time he'd stolen from her, she'd caught him! Few people ever did that because he was so little and tricky that the silly big folk never noticed! But not Eilana! How could he have known she'd be a light sleeper? Oh had she been angry (and possibly a little bit weirded out) to have his scaly hide leaning over her and trying to snatch a jeweled necklace from around her neck while she slept!  He had been SO sure that she'd kill him ! She might have done just that and he still wasn't sure why she changed her mind! Jackal probably wouldn't have objected. Maybe it had been because she felt sorry for him when he started blubbering pathetically like a baby?

And even as he apologized so pitifully, his eyes were roaming the room, catching all the pretties and his eyes glittering with yearning. Oh! But he promised Jackal to be good and not steal from the others! Only a few were as tolerant with him as the pretty lady with the pretty gems and if he weren't so quick on his feet and difficult to catch, he'd probably be a dead lizard.  "I make amendsss..." He turned out another pocket, spilling out silver buttons and some cufflinks. How all this junk managed to fit in the little guy's clothing was anyone's guess! Magical pockets, perhaps!? "Sssseee? Pretty sssssilversss for friendssss. "

Ooc: He probably has magic pockets that can hold about anything. Kinda like Marry Poppins's purse. >.>

Ivory

Eliana's glare only sharpened as the kobold emptied out his pockets.  "You obnoxious little creature!" she exclaimed as she began plucking her things off the table.  "And I don't want any of your buttons!"

Really!  How was it he kept getting into her things like this?!  Why was it that the hardest thing about being a woman with this group was keeping your things away from the kobold?

"You have to stop taking my jewelry, Sekeo.  Do you understand?  Even if you take just one thing, it's wrong!"  You weren't supposed to steal from your allies -- unless they were all dead, that is -- and then it was okay!

"This isn't mine," she added with a small, indignant sniff as she passed a ring back across the table.  "The Gods know where you found it, but I've never seen it before."  It was quite an attractive ring, too, etched with runes and bearing a single black onyx in its center.

Doc

"No..." Wulfgar said somewhat dejectedly. He frowned, hanging his head which allowed dark greasy hair to fall about his face. He took another, smaller sip of his cup as he looked at his little friend, "No one will drink with me.. And when they do, they won't let me drink as much because they say they want to drink too!" He didn't sound petulant about it, but he certainly didn't sound pleased.

Eliana's chastising remark brought his attention back to her, and for the first time he didn't smile at her threat. Wulfgar, the brightness returning to his eyes, flicked up both hands at the wrist in surrender and then reached up to his lips, miming that he was tying them shut while meanwhile his little kobold friend began unloading his pockets. Now that his lips were tied shut, Wuflgar could only answer his tiny friends question about kobold beer by nodding his head.

Wulfgar watched in amazement as the little thief kept pulling things out. He loved seeing all the things Sekeo could gather up. Wulfgar liked shiny things as much as the next person, but if it couldn't kill, be eaten or be drank he really had no use for it. He was a simple man with simple, refined tastes. He knew that Sekeo's thievery often got the little kobold in trouble from some of the others, but Wulfgar never considered it could ever lead to violence against the kobold. And woe to anyone who would try to hurt Sekeo in the presence of Wulfgar. That being said, he watched in awe as Sekeo produced even more from his tiny never ending pockets, and couldn't help but laugh at how Eliana's yelling at him had produced this. She was very pretty, but even Wulfgar knew she could be very scary too! Which was why he had yet to open his mouth again.

Sylus watched with the same level of disgust as the little klepto-lizzard emptied it's pockets. Why Eliana tolerated such acts was beyond the elf. Much easier to simply drive a dagger through the creatures tiny heart and be done with it. Even as he was thinking about it Sylus hand slipped inside his cloak, spidery elven fingers playing over the smooth leather handle of one of his many daggers. A slow, dark smile spread across his lips as he played around with the thought. And then violet eyes spied the ring and it drew him back, the smile disappearing as he furrowed his brows.

When his hand came forward it wasn't his fingers that tapped the ring, but the tip of one of his daggers. He watched the ring curiously, his voice for once sounding more distracted than angry with the little dragon, "Sekeo, where did you come across this ring?"

Paradox

She didn't want his buttons? He was surprised, but not offended. They were pretty! Ah well! All the more for him! He hastily reclaimed them and was preoccupied with admiring them when Eliana started chastising him for his naughty behavior. Hastily, he crammed the buttons into his pockets and lowered his head like a cowered dog. He nodded at her words. Oh yes, yes! Sekeo understood perfectly! It wasn't that he did any of these things on purpose! He did not want to steal from pretty lady, but every time he saw the jewels he couldn't control himself. No one seemed to understand this. Poor Sekeo, poor Sekeo.

"Isss sssorry. I give back though, I give back." Apparently, he thought that this made his behavior okay! He couldn't help it! He'd never been taught properly! Perhaps if someone had a club or knocked his head repeatedly against something he'd learn better! Or forget everything!

Now when the ring was mentioned, the little kobold blinked, his golden eyes widening with surprise. "Ohhh...that? " He had to think about where he'd found it and when it came to the procuring of possessions, he had a very good memory of who belonged to what! He plucked the ring from the table. He plucked it up delicately between his claws , " I take from other thief. Hehe..." Then, before he could be chastised for stealing from the guild he added, "Playsss game of sssshellssss with me. And loses. Hehe. He bet ring and lose. "

But the loser had not been happy. He'd thought the kobold slow and stupid, thought he'd win for sure! Little did he know how crafty and dishonest little Sekeo was where pretties were concerned! The thief had refused to give Sekeo the ring, rightfully accusing the kobold of cheating (though the accusation was made from his being a sore loser and not realizing how very right he was!) And , of course, Sekeo took it when his back was turned and his pockets weren't so guarded!

Sekeo knew he had a magic ring and that the man he'd taken it from had been too dull to notice this. Sekeo would have as well, but kobolds, being the sort to worship and slave away for their dragon god masters....they learned to distinguish the difference. Dragons adored pretty, magical things and kobolds did love to keep their dragon masters appeased!

But Sekeo had no master now. Jackal was a master of sorts but even Jackal couldn't quite control the kobold...though he didn't really need to! Sekeo was obedient ....he just had the occasional issue with raiding someone's shinnies!

"Isss look like elf-make. " The kolbold tapped a claw on the runes, " Isss belong to wizard maybe. Isss magic. I sssssmell. " He had no idea what it did because he had not the aptitude for such things. "Not know what for."

ooc: One ring to rule them all! (I'm sorry Ivory! Kidding, kidding!)

Ivory

Eliana had been admiring a bejeweled slave chain she'd nearly forgotten she owned, the ring already forgotten.  The word magic, however, caught her attention, and she glanced at Sylus.

He certainly seemed interested.  But, then, if it were Elvish, he could maybe read the scribbly writing written all over it.

"Do you recognize it?" she asked as she leaned forward to look at it a bit closer.  She certainly didn't touch it again, however; even if she had been interested in re-examining it, the elf's dagger was a convincing argument.  It simply wasn't the sort of ring she was interested in -- and it was too mannish for her dainty fingers, besides.

Doc

"Well, it's certainly magic.." Sylus said calmly as he placed the dagger back in hiding beneath his cloak. His eyes focused onto Sekeo and the ring, but mostly the ring. He had paid no attention to the other things the little lizard had taken, the black rune covered ring was all that had his interest at the moment, "And it seems familiar, as though I should recognize it.." He frowned. It would be easier to read were the little shit not holding it, but Sylus knew well enough not to go touching magic rings without a damn good reason.

"Who cares about magic rings?" Wulfgar huffed, leaning forward so the could peer down at the little kobold and his stolen ring, "They don't ever do anything good anyways. It's not like they have one for refilling your mug, or makin' a girl wet.." He scoffed, shaking his head, "Just don't see the point in 'em. Like this one, what does it do?" He started to reach toward the ring but was cut off by Sylus' shout.

"STOP, fool! One does not simply put on magic rings to see what happens!" His words had become a growl, his hand curling into a fist on the table, "For all we know, if you put that on you could explode! Or become invisible! Or perhaps it'll just transmute you into something entirely!"

Wulfgar began to fearfully retreat his hand. He looked at Sylus, then back to the ring with a look mixed of doubt and fear, "Tans-whatever. Does that mean it could give me tits? Or take away my junk!?"

Tags: