Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hangover! (Open)

Started by Doc, January 24, 2013, 07:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

Sekeo's eyes were on Sylus who was very interested in his ring. If the elf wasn't so grumpy and mean, Sekeo would have trusted him to have a closer look.

He frowned when Wulfgar reached for it and his arm retracted before Slylus reprimanded the man. It was not that Sekeo didn't trust Wulfgar with his shinnies (because the big man really had no interest in such things!) but it was because Wulfgar was not magically competent. Niether was Sekeo but the kobold at least understood enough to treat magical artifacts with care because things could go very bad if one were so careless.

"Isss true, Wulfgar. Magic not valuable to you, sssso no touch. Magic issss tricky. Dangerousss. Even more than you." He grinned toothily. There were few things he considered in the world to be more dangerous than mighty Wulfgar! Not even dragons!

The ring did not belong here. He wasn't sure how he could tell this, but in his gut he felt something wasn't right.  He'd made up his mind about it last night. "I take it to my friend, Hubert. He issss mage. He might know." Of course, a visit with old Hubert would mean that Sekeo would have to bring something of value to the old codger. A rare book would do. The man was a collector of first editions and Sekeo knew where to get his scaly little hands on such things.

He shook his head, " I don't think it doessss any of thosssse thingssss, friend. If thisssss issss elvissssh. It wouldn't be that impractical. "  He thought only gnomes and human mages were that silly! The elves usually made things for a reason and such things tended to be the sort of magic that one shouldn't take lightly.  Then again, sometimes the elves made silly things too!

Ivory

"You hardly need magic to make a girl wet," Eliana added from her end of the table.  She brushed a few errant strands of hair back from her face with a soft sniff of indignation.  "Even you could manage it.  If you didn't spend all of your money on your ale, that is."

On the subject of the magic ring, however, she said impatiently, "Do you know what it does or not, Sylus?  It won't work around Jackal anyway, will it?"  She wasn't a mage herself, of course, but she had been a part of this gang long enough to have heard about Jackal's unique ability when it came to magic.  She didn't particularly care how that nonsense all worked -- she was just glad she wouldn't have to worry about magic while around him!

"Didn't the man you took it from knew what it did, Sekeo?"  She paused.  "Though, I suppose you couldn't really ask him now, could you?"

Doc

Wulfgars mighty hand came down on the table with a loud and resounding smack that drew more than a few curses from still sleeping bandits. His lips had split into a bright, broad grin at Eliana's words, "Ha! You're damn right there, girl! Wulfgar needs no magic ring t' get a woman flowin'!!" He laughed pleasantly, at the idea. When she mentioned not spending so much money on ale, he only gave her a casual flip of his hand. Ale was the better investment. Whores were fun, but why pay when you could just take what you wanted? Besides, with a man of Wulfgars size and his friendly nature he always found women who wanted his company without coin. Usually.

Sylus jumped at the sound of the smack and shot a dangerous, murderous glare at Wulfgar. It was, as usual, ineffective. He turned his attention back to the ring, pondering Eliana's words before giving a small shake of his head, "I don't think know what it says, too old of a dialect.. And no, I don't know what it does." He frowned then and leaned back in his chair, pulling a short sip of his delicious brandywine as he thought.

"It should still work," He mumbled quietly, "I don't think Jackal can effect items, only people.." He waved his cup in a small gesture, though for what who knew. Sylus was just glad that Jackals abilities kept would be wizards from turning them to ash during any of their raids, "I, for obvious reasons, spend little time within Connolath.." Elves, he had heard, were not received well in their close-minded little nation.

"Because the men are dwarves who can't fight, and so are their women!?" Wulfgar boasted into another fit of laughing, this time his hand coming down on his little kobold friend Sekeo's shoulders. Sekeo's warning wasn't lost on Wulfgar though, and he made sure to keep away from the little ring. Even going so far as to scoot his chair aside to give the kobold, and his pretty, more room. This brought him to the side of the table closer to Eliana, who he then leaned toward with a broad smile. Wulfgar knew what she had really meant when she said he didn't need magic to make a woman wet. He did his best to raise an alluring eyebrow, though unfortunately he lacked that sort of dexterity and both eyebrows raised in peculiar fashion.

"Who is this Hubert, lizard?" Sylus attention shifted from the ring back to Sekeo and his eyes narrowed. It wasn't that he doubted the kobold, he just didn't trust it. He didn't trust anybody really, not even Jackal, "And when did you learn so much about magic objects?" The little creature had been right about the elvish. They seldom made things as nonsensical as what Wulfgar feared, not that he would have told the big man that.

Paradox

The talk of girls went well of Sekeo's head. It was irrelevant blather to him as far as he was concerned and so chose to ignore the banter between Eliana and Wulfgar. He kept his reptilian eyes locked on Sylus, studying the other closely. He could never read the man despite how he did try!

Sekeo shook his head at Elania's inquiry, but let the half-elf do the explaining. There was no need to repeat information. However, when she asked him about the other thief, Sekeolath'Zhin shrugged his narrow little shoulders, " I don't think sssssso, but maybe he wassss more foolissssh than I give him credit for. Hehe. " He wasn't about to go looking for that man either. Not without someone big and strong to keep that man from murdering him.

He again ignored Wulfgar's and Elania's antics , his attention fully on the half-elf who sharply demanded to know who Hubert was. The kobold cringed at Sylus's tone and , had he more backbone to him, would have told the half-elf that it was none of his damned business, but alas...Sekeo being Sekeo surrendered the information with little resistance.

And one had to wonder if he'd squeal on the Southroad Bandits if a rival were ever to catch him. After all, a thief's loyalty only went so far!

"Hubert isssss friend. I met him after I esssscape mineesssss. He gave me a job. I fetch hissss ingredientssss for him and he take care of me. I learned lotssss from being assissstant. Hubert issss wizard. Old, powerful, but he did not like how I came by hissss ingredientsss and fired me. Sssssent me away. Sssstill friendsss. I bring him pressssents. Yesss. Rare bookssss. He collectssss and we make tradessss. He will know what to do, or he will know who to ssssspeak too. Hubert issss very wissssse. Yessss." He missed working for the dotty old codger sometimes. Hubert didn't tolerate theft though and Sekeo couldn't exactly do much to stop his kleptomaniac habits.

ooc: Apologies for the minor delay. Bad day yesterday!

Ivory

"Better to be rid of the thing if you don't know its properties, then," Eliana surmised.  Terrible tales were told of thieves coming across cursed treasures, only to fall to ruin because of a curse.  She wasn't familiar enough with magic to know if such tales were true or only the stuff of legends and tavern gossip.  Especially if Jackal's innate power couldn't protect them from it...

She glanced sideways at Wulfgar as he scooted nearer to her, then slowly rotated her face to stare at him.  "What do you want?" she asked flatly, apparently both uncharmed and unable to determine what, exactly, that face was meant to represent.  "If you're going to be sick, it won't be in my lap," she added sharply.

Doc

"Magic items I thought would be quite the boon in the thievery world?" Sylus asked in quiet question to Eliana's willingness to be done with the thing. Sylus couldn't say that he blamed her however, he had no want or need for the thing and the idea of the little lizard having it and it falling into the wrong hands certainly made him uncomfortable. Sylus had never much cared for thievery, at least not unless the person was dead. His violet eyes studied the kobold for a long, quiet moment as he considered just what the little cretin had said.

"Sekeo," His voice was quiet and dangerously calm, "with the way you give up information, some people must wonder as to where your loyalty truly lies.."

Wulfgar, who had until this point had been continuing to try and woo Eliana with a series of charming stares, too no effect it seemed, blinked and looked back at Sylus. The normally overly cheerful giant of a man had certainly never been considered too smart, but even he knew the tone in which Sylus was speaking was much too serious of one, even for the dour half-elf. He leaned back toward Sekeo and once again put a massive hand down on the little kobolds shoulder, giving him a reassuring squeeze as he settled Sylus with a look that held no trace of Wulfgars usual good nature.

"Sekeo is a friend, Red," It was hard not to mistake the warning in the big mans words as he looked then from Sylus, to Eliana and back again. Then his attention turned down to the kobold and just as quickly dark, serious Wulfgar was replaced with the lighthearted and smiling man of before, "Ain't that right, Shorty? You wouldn't ever do nothin' bad for us.. What kinda books does your friend read? I gots some books, and they gots the best pictures!"

Sylus let out a calm breath as Wulfgar began joking with Sekeo again. He eyed the pair darkly, but said nothing. He took a long sip of his brandywine and then, finding the bottle was almost empty, stood and moved back behind the makeshift bar to ferret out another from his secret stash.

He knew his words were true. The little kobold gave up almost anything if someone asked with enough anger in their voice. What if the little shit got himself caught? Sure, Sylus had no doubt he could get away and didn't much care for anyone else, but they had a good thing here and he would hate to see that ruined.

Ivory

"For some, perhaps," Eliana answered the elf willingly.  "I prefer gold and jewels.  I know their worth.  But I know nothing of magic and its value, except that those who own it would rather die than surrender it."  A thought struck her as amusing, then, and she added with a smirk.  "Much easier to convince a man to give up his money."

The conversation turned, momentarily, dangerous then.  Outwardly, she seemed unconcerned by the veiled threats as she studied the pattern of the brandywine left in the bottom of her cup.  Privately, however, she was planning a quick exit should violence erupt between the pair -- violence, which, frankly, she had nothing to do with.

But, Sylus had raised a fair point.

Gathering up the pair of glasses -- her own and the one from which Sylus had been drinking -- she left the kobold and Wulfgar to their conversation.  While Sylus was busy rooting around behind the bar, she set the pair of glasses down beside him and scooted herself backwards up onto the bar to await his attentions.  Once he had straightened, she said softly, pitched so that her voice would not carry far, "You aren't the first to ask that question.  The truth is, he might be spineless, but he's too useful to simply kill.  Perhaps, if you're truly worried, you might ask to accompany him to this wizard's lair."

Doc

Sylus didn't look up as Eliana approached, though he tracked her movements with pointed ears that, ever so often, gave a small twitch. When he found what he wanted, another bottle of brandywine which he had hidden away from the riffraff of the group, he stood from his crouch and proceeded to pry out the cork. With his attention seemingly on the brandywine, of which he poured two cups, Sylus spoke in a quiet tone where neither Wulfgar or Sekeo could hear, "I have yet to meet the soul who was so valuable death would not take them.."

He topped off their cups and then corked the bottle once more. Not that they wouldn't have more, Sylus placed the bottle on the ledge below the counter Eliana now perched upon, but more so that Wulfgar didn't notice and drink up even more of his wine.

"But, I do catch your meaning," Sylus spoke before taking a sip and enjoying the smooth, hot berry flavor. He took a moment to enjoy that flavor, savoring it, before setting down his cup and returning his violet gaze to Eliana, "and perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea. I would only like to know for certain that Jackals little pets loose tongue does not bring a militia upon me while I sleep.. But what of you? A band of cutthroats and bandits seems hardly the place for a woman of your particular," Sylus gave her an appraising eye, and though what he saw was impressive the look was far from lecherous and more to make a point, "talents and grace.."

Ivory

Eliana's smile was somewhat cool as she lifted the fresh glass to her lips for another of those delicate sips.  "He's useful.  In spite of his flaws, I suppose, in a strange way, I even rather like him on his better days.  Usually the days he's bringing in word of a fresh mark."  It was a little more than that, but, of course, Eliana neither could nor would explain such vague and fuzzy feelings to the assassin.

As if to emphasize his point about her talents, she leaned forward enough to put an elbow on her thigh and to rest her chin in her hand.  Although her top wasn't indecent on its own, the pose certainly tempted men interested in such things to risk a peek.

Laughing quietly, she said, "On the contrary, Sylus.  I feel quite at home here.  An esteemed company of gentlemen such as yourselves can improve a woman's reputation.  And a talented woman can improve that of the company.  It's a comfortable arrangement."  Her eyes sparkled slightly as she regarded him.  "And, what of yourself?  I would not have expected to find a man of refined tastes in a place like this."

Doc

Her assessment of the kobold earned her a quiet snort. Sylus did not understand everyones odd fascination with the creature. Well, except for Wulfgar who he was pretty sure could find interesting conversation with a rock! The others though all seemed to harbor some kind of, well, he had no idea how to explain it. It was as if Sekeo was a stray dog that everyone carped about being around, but would then feed when they thought no one was looking.

Though Sylus often seemed aloof to most temptations, even the half elf couldn't resist a 'peek' at such a beautiful view. Especially one so readily offered. He was, of course, brief about it however. While not necessarily a gentleman, Sylus was one for respecting at least some good graces. As such, he also gave Eliana an appreciative smile as well as a curt, approving nod.

He sipped lightly on his drink as she explained to him her reasons, which he could accept even if he didn't full heartedly believe. Again a small smile played on his lips and Sylus considered just how much he had drank to be so free with such affections. He was much more used to scowling.

"True, and it was not my first choice for success.." Sylus sighed heavily as that familiar dour look returned which he cast about the gathered brigands, cutthroats and thieves in various stages of stupor, to include Wulfgar who was giving the assassin a wide grin and winking excessively at him in between looks at Eliana. Sylus released a displeased sigh and returned his attention to the thief, his lips curling into a flat humorless smile, "but were I more successful, perhaps I wouldn't be here? The unfortunate truth is I was too brash in my youth and brought too much attention to myself. I moved to Zantaric and made fair coin selling my blades as well as my poisons, but not the sort of fortune I seek.. So, now I am here. The cuts are fair enough, when there is work, though I still entertain the idea of doing some work on my own.. I havent, not recently, but I think I may again.."

He eyed her quietly a moment, even taking in another much appreciated view of the womans beauty with a long drink of his wine. She was much like a sunrise, or a famous painting, something one could stare at for hours if only to relax, "And why, my dear, did you turn to thievery might I ask? I know we all have our woeful tales, but would you mind indulging me?"

Ivory

"Ah," Eliana replied with a knowing smile.  "The woes of the successful thief.  To live in anonymity is to live without recognition -- and, therefore, perhaps without work.  Yet, to leave your mark, you sentence yourself to persecution."  How well she knew that litany!  If she was aware of his attention, she seemed not to mind.  It would be impossible, however, to think she hadn't; she was watching him as they spoke, lips curling upwards further, it seemed, whenever his gaze would wander her way.

"As for independent work, I'll never be able to give up that particular vice.  It's much too thrilling -- and more challenging.  Independently, I have only my brains and what lies beneath my cloak to earn my gold."

She regarded him in curious silence a moment as he asked about her motives.  She supposed her tale wasn't much different than the next person's, really.  They usually ran the same, typically involving misfortune or abuse.  My, but they were a dull bunch!

"I didn't like the idea of someone else controlling my life.  So, I stole everything I could carry, and I left.  And when that money ran out, I stole again.  I suppose," she mused, "It became a sort of pattern after that.  And you?  What was the reason you committed your first crime against great society?"  The way she said it made it clear that she was being a bit sarcastic. 

Doc

Sylus nodded his agreement with her theory on the independent contract. While Sylus hadn't taken any in some time, he couldn't argue that he missed the thrill of it to some extent. For him though, it was the profit he missed even more. Sylus took a small sip of his drink, giving the girl a small nod of his head.

"I do see your point. Brains and ones own particular set of skills can be refreshing, but I feel it would be the profit that would be most refreshing." He sighed, perhaps a bit longingly as he gave a wistful look up at nothing, "I miss the singing of the blade. The soft sound of skin and meat parting in otherwise silence. The twitch of the body and the panicked, fearful look of surprise in a victims eyes as they struggle to contemplate what had just happened to them before their life-blood runs out.."

He blinked, coming away from his moment of sharing and looked back to Eliana with a small, chagrined look, "But so far here I have been relegated to simply brewing poisons, just in case, and relying more on my skill with a bow than anything more close. More intimate.." He gave a small, disgruntled sigh and waved a hand at Wulfgar. The big man, afraid his more subtle gestures were not getting through to his half-elf friend, had taken to directly pointing between the two and making vulgar hip thrusts in hopes that Sylus would catch on, "But it seems that this life favors the like of brutes such as.. Gods be damned man!! Stop your foolishness!" He smacked his hand on the table, leveling Wulfgar with a murderous glare as he smacked his hand down on the table top. Wulfgar exploded into laughter, so much so that he fell back out of his chair which only brought more deep rolling laughs from the giant.

"How he has not drowned himself in the rain.." Sylus grumbled darkly to himself, shaking his head and then looking back to Eliana with a small shake of his head. He sighed heavily, a defeated and reluctant thing, and then continued, "I would apologize for his actions, but there is no excuse grand enough.. In any case, I suppose my tale is no different than yours. I was the bastard son of a whore.. If ever I wanted to make my way out of life in the slums, it would only be accomplished through thievery I thought.. Though, when I was younger I found that people were much more likely to pay for death than they were for the stolen baubles I was able to procure..."

Ivory

That was a...detailed...description, Eliana thought as she listened to the half-elf's wistful daydream.  She had developed a distaste for murder, but it was sometimes necessary.  Even so, she had never heard it described in quite that fashion before.  She laughed softly when he was done, and her shoulders rolled slightly in a shrug.  "Well, it's obvious you enjoy your work."  No judgment.  She didn't care for killing -- but there were many thieves who didn't care for what she did either.  It was what it was!

"Yes, the shares are better," she agreed with a soft sigh.  "But nowhere near enough.  I should have won some noble's heart when I was younger and settled for a life of pleasant distraction, generously funded by my husband, of course."  She was too old for that now.  And she knew, too, that there was a ticking clock on her looks.  She had, perhaps, five years of left...and then she would have to change her skill-set to survive.  It made her reach for the brandywine again.

Her eye caught Wulfgar's rather emphatic gestures, and she laughed out loud.  It wasn't an entirely merry laugh; there was something darker lurking beneath the merriment.  "I'm sincerely surprised no one has killed that man yet."

Doc

Sylus gave a small half shrug of his shoulder and flashed a quick smile, "Well, one must enjoy their work if they ever want to find fulfillment in life.." He chuckled softly, darkly, at his own little joke and then took a sip of his own wine.

"Ah yes, the sycophant wife.." He said with a small, flat look, "I do not believe such a job to suit you, my dear. I could only imagine you would grow too bored of such a life too quickly, and then only find yourself right back where you are.. Though then you would be lamenting the riches you lost, not hoping for the ones you will someday have..."

Another long sip of his wine drew his attention with her laughter back at the bumbling oaf that was Wulfgar. Sylus made a small agreeable noise, shaking his head ever so slightly as he watched the big man try to right his chair and get back into it, "A pity, really. Were the Jackal not so opposed to the idea, I would have done so my self nearly as soon as I met the fool. He breaks everything he touches, constantly drinks all of my wine, or mead, or anything I brew really..." Sylus gave a short, disgusted huff, "And his annoying infatuation with the idea that everyone he meets is his friend grates my nerve to no end!"

He looked from the giant and back to her, offering her an almost sympathetic look, were Sylus truly capable of sympathy, "I am only glad I am not of the fairer sex,  nor share my ancestries penchant for appearing so feminine.. I have seen him, with the women. He has a rather inflated ego of his own worth, I should think.."

Though in reality, Sylus couldn't think of anyone who complained. Well, at least not anyone willing.

Ivory

"Oh, I don't know," Eliana replied with a longing sigh.  "I'm certain I could find plenty to keep me entertained in a man's pockets," she answered smoothly as she crossed one long leg over the other.  She planted both palms against the back of the bar and leaned back, looking divinely cozy.

"I'll bet that's not all that inflates," she answered with a cool lift of her eyebrows.  "A big man like him has to have a big twig and berries."  With a soft chuckle, she amended, "More like the entire branch, really."

Her eyes slid back to the half-elf, and she added, "Not to worry, Sylus.  He has but to open his mouth to quell my curiosity on that subject."  Were she shallower or more desperate -- or matching his intellect -- she certainly would have already investigated the matter for herself.  Of course, if she were that person, she would have been content to remain a whore.  Life was funny like that.  At the thought, she swallowed the rest of her drink down with a contented sigh.

"I wonder if we should be so near to drunk again so early in the morning," she mused aloud.  Probably not.  But it wasn't as if they had anything to stay awake for, did they?  "I think your brandywine sneaks up on a person, doesn't it?"  It probably didn't help she was probably not entirely sober when Wulfgar had awakened her.

Doc

Even Sylus let out a soft chuckle to her little statement. With a lovely woman like her, a noble man would probably simply pay just fro the privilege to have her steal from his pocket. As he sipped his wine, and possibly because he'd had too much already, he briefly entertained the idea and yes, were he a noble man, he would have let her search around for something worth taking.

Her words brought her out of his little fantasy, which caused Sylus to blink repeatedly and look down at his drink. Perhaps he had made this batch too strong? He wasn't one for flights of fantasy or even that good at using his imagination. He gave his cup a small sniff while listening to her conversation.

"Maybe," Sylus said with a dubious tone as he turned to watch the cretin, "It wouldn't surprise me. And if you ask him, he will certainly tell you as much.. Or if you don't ask him, and just give him time, he will tell you.."

A small smirk curled his lips then and Sylus turned his head at an odd angle, peering up at Eliana, "Oh really? No interest in our resident ogre? Hmm, I'm sure you'll break his heart.." And then a wicked smile grew and he looked back to Wulfgar, adding in a too-delighted tone, "You should go tell him.."

When she questioned his drinking however, and the drink its self, Sylus gave a small nod and a sigh. He lifted the bottle of brandywine, pouring a bit more into his cup before setting it near the thief, "I suppose you may be right, and while I'm sure there are many better things that could deserve my attention.." He shrugged and lifted his cup, "Here I am, with this.." And with that he took a long, slow, smooth sip before setting the cup down with a sigh, "And yes, you are quite right. This particular blend will creep up on you, bring you down when you least expect it... Poetic, yes? It's how I crafted it..

Ivory

"I'm not entirely sure words would be sufficient to get it through his thick skull," Eliana replied with a bit of a face.  "He seems to think he's a nice guy.  And he seems to think of you as a friend."  Of course, the same thing could be said about anyone in the room.  "So you must know.  Tell me, would he attempt to win the affections of another man's woman?"

Helping herself to the brandywine, she topped off her glass carefully.  She was fortunate, then, that she had been sipping it slowly and helping herself to only half a glass (or so) at a helping.  Even so, she knew it would catch up to her -- and sooner rather than later.  "Is that so?" she responded, sounding amused by the prospect.  "Perhaps, then, with enough, it might even drown out Wulfgar..."  What a pleasant thought!  Though her headache was nowhere near as bad now...  "Ah, but I wouldn't want to pass out on the bar like a common harlot.  It would take me days of hot baths and massages to rub out the hardness."  She rubbed the back of her neck in anticipation.

Doc

Sylus made a rude sound when Eliana mentioned Wulfgars ceaseless reminder of how they were 'best friends'. Then again he considered everyone his best friend, but for whatever odd reason Sylus always seemed to be near the big brute. He shook his head, lip curling with disgust as though he had just tasted something foul, "Do not remind me. He does enough of that, though I can only be glad that he has as of now found someone else with whom to bother."

As to her question, Sylus gave her a slow, humorless smile, "I would imagine, my dear, that that ignorant savage would pursue any woman were she to give him even the slightest hint she may have interest in him.." He shot Wulfgar a bland look, speaking casually then with maybe a hint of jealousy, "Though I am loath to admit, a man would have to truly want his woman to stand against such a man. And even then," He gave a small shake of his head, "I do not think it would slow him much.."

He returned his attention to his cup, taking a small sip. Sylus was a man with refined tastes and as such, was not much for drunken frivolities. Or sober ones. Or, really, frivolities in general. He crafted his drinks strong, for the enjoyment of the warm sensation that now permeated his system and for the fact that were it weaker like the piss most of these brigands drink, it would take ages for him to become drunk.

"I have tried many times," He said with no small amount of resentment, taking another sip before setting aside his still mostly full cup and lifting the bottle. He held it, studied it, as though it were some unknown potion. After a moment he sat it back to the bar, turning his head to look up at Eliana once again, "and have now, in fact, dedicated a good portion of my time to drying to find something that would put that fool under. I have seen him drink down three bottles of this, and though quite drunk, it only resulted in him urinating in some poor mans wardrobe.." Again he shook his head, sighing, "But rest assured, I plan to find some cure for our Wulfgar problem.."

Again Sylus showed a rather rare, genuine smile. He counted it toward the warm buzz flowing through him, and allowed it to stay as he spoke, "Oh yes, we wouldn't want that. I fear to think of what would happen to one so lovely as you, were you to succumb to such a thing out in the open!" His eyes pried across those still passed out in various states of dress and position. He looked rather, unimpressed, before turning his violet eyes back toward Eliana, "Though I'm sure there is not a man here foolish enough to make a mistake such as that.."

Ivory

"Pity," Eliana murmured with a small shake of her head, as if to denote that it was, indeed, the most terrible thing she had heard to date.  Her eyes, however, were sparkling with mischief.  "I suppose I won't be able to use that excuse, then..."

"I'll be interested to know what finally overcomes even his stomach.  And his stamina."  Eliana watched the man curiously for a moment.  Really, how could a man enjoy his drink so much if it had so little effect on him?

Eliana's eyes, too, swept over the men (and women) gathered before them.  She looked equally unimpressed -- but not surprised.  They were thieves, after all, who had been given all they could drink and plenty of women to tire themselves out with...  It was only natural they devolve to their current state.

"Men who have had too much drink tend to forget the value of their lives at the urging of what hangs between their thighs," she answered with a soft but lovely laugh.  "And women..."  She flashed him a grin.  "We're much the same."

Doc

"He's a simpleton.." Sylus scoffed, "I think that you have little to fear. Jingle something shiny in front of him, or just engage him in a conversation that doesn't revolve around sex, drinking or violence and I'm sure you'll be able to confound him to the point of forgetting.."

He gave her a small grunt, an agreement on his own part with her skepticism. Though he was currently brewing up a special batch of strong drink just for Wulfgar, even he doubted his claims that it would put the man to the floor. Typically he wouldn't do anything that could be considered so 'nice', but in this feelings were irrelevant. It was more for morbid curiosity that he see just what it would take to put the man under.

"That, my dear, is too true.." He answered somewhat distractedly, still thinking about his brew, but turned his attention back to the woman and matter at hand, "And so often men find themselves too drunk to be sure just what should be done with said object of thought. Though I imagine as a women, it may seem quite funny." He paused for a moment, lip curling to a slight frown in thought, "Or perhaps not. Were one so looking forward to such simple base pleasure, were a man unable to perform I imagine it would be rather disappointing.."

He shrugged it away casually, lifting his cup once more to take another small sip. It really was very good, though he hardly needed to praise himself. Sylus knew how good he was and it often showed in his nature. While some would refer to it as simple confidence, Sylus was not one for falsehoods and knew at times he crossed the boarder into arrogance, but then could he really be blamed? After all, how could he be at fault for being so good at so many things?

"I must say I have never heard of the same happening to a woman," He added then to their conversation, once more returning his drink to the counter. Violet eyes joining hers to glitter with something other than murder, which could in its self be considered mirth, "It has been my experience a woman only becomes more craven to her desires the more she drinks. Well, until she becomes too drunk to be of use to anyone, but then that is how it is with all mortal beings I should say.."

Tags: