Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hangover! (Open)

Started by Doc, January 24, 2013, 07:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

Eliana laughed out loud at the advice.  "Yes, I'll have to try that...  Perhaps the artwork of Arca?  That seems a sufficiently intellectual topic..."  Yes, boring and confounding, she imagined! 

Sex was one of Eliana's favorite topics.  While she had not enjoyed the life of a whore, her dislike of the profession had had little to do with the physical act of sex and more to do with her lack of freedom.  Almost immediately, the girl had realized that sex, when utilized correctly, could be a powerful weapon...and, occasionally, satisfying besides.

"Should that happen, a woman should take what she feels she is owed, being generous with her own worth, of course, and let the drunkard assume he lost the coin," the woman answered with a smirk.  "And if the man is not drunk but merely incompetent, then she should teach him to use his hands and his mouth to satisfy her."

She took a sip of her drink, allowing herself a moment to savor it before going on.

"As for women..."  She lowered her voice, and it had a near musical quality as she went on.  This was a subject she was all too familiar with!  Setting her drink down on the counter, she leaned forward once again, as though she meant to impart secrets that were not for the general crowd below.  One arm wrapped itself casually across her stomach, which had the dual effect of shifting her top down a bit lower and emphasizing the curve of her breasts.  The other hand rested on her thigh, fingers making an idle pattern on the inside of her leg.  "If a woman has had too much to drink, her pleasure is entirely at the will of a man.  Oh, I'm certain Wulfgar's size is impressive enough to satisfy a woman, but I like more from a man than a few brutish thrusts.  Like anything else, my dear Sylus, pleasure is an art."

Doc

Sylus watched the woman with a certain sense of distant appreciation. His lips curling at the ends up into an almost smile that bordered more on the lines of a smirk than anything more wholesome or evident of pleasure. It wasn't to say he did not enjoy the conversation, or Eliana's delightful charms as she leaned forward and exposed more of her self to him. He most certainly made no effort to hide his enjoyment at the very pleasing view.

"I can see my dear, where such an idea would bring forward such a pleasurable thought," He mentioned idly, his body shifting to lean his hip against the lower counter while his elbow rested upon the upper one, propping up his head as he allowed his eyes to roam Eliana's form, "And to take from a man who is in such discord could not in the least be considered wrong, though it may prove to be of a danger once the man has his senses about him. After all, pleasure is one of those few fickle things that comes to each of us in different form. While for some of us," He placed his free hand gently upon his own breast, "the art of giving pleasure can be as enjoyable as taking it, so often I have found that most men see little else beyond their own base desire.."

It was then that a certain twinkle came to the half-elfs eye as he took note not just of her prominently displayed breasts, but then of her hand and the slow tracings it made on her inner thigh. He didn't let his eyes linger long however, they returned once more to lock with Elianas as the conversation continued, "Ahh, but like any art form there are many different artists to apply it. I find that, when faced with a woman who is in need of true pleasure, the best way to bring such a thing about is through denial. A woman does not know how badly she needs something until it is denied to her for so long that it positively drives her mad.. Only at this point," Sylus' lip finally curled into a true smirk, "might a woman find true and earth shattering pleasure.."

Ivory

Eliana's grin very nearly matched his.  She was enjoying this sparring a good deal, delighting in the way he was responding.  Yes, they were going to get along famously, if this exchange was any indication.

"That's an interesting view on pleasure," she answered, looking positively wicked now as she continued.  "But women are fickle creatures who may want one thing one day and quite a different thing on another.  How do you keep such creatures interested?  And do you turn them away after such pleasure has been obtained?  After all, with after such a...big...rise...in expectation, only a true master in his art could hope to repeat his performance."

There was something to what he said...  But, too, there was something to what she said as well.  She truly was a fickle creature, and her desires changed as often as the winds...

Doc

"Ah, but you confuse a womans typical day to day wants for that of a womans needs.." He corrected with a raised finger, his smirk now fully in place. It had been a long while since he had any stimulating conversation, in the slightest, about any topic sexual or otherwise. While he wasn't prone to having high opinions of anyone really, the woman had certainly elevated herself among those to be considered 'peers' within the bandits, "In their wants a woman can be fickle to no end, and it is at this the mans prerogative to either indulge her for the sake of continued enjoyable company, or discard her for a creature of less peculiar needs.." With this he took another sip of his wine, savoring the flavor for a good moment before continuing.   

"A womans needs are forever the same, to simply be left too weak to rise from the bed, am I not correct?" Sylus challenged with a small raise of his brow as he looked upon Eliana. It added only another layer of arrogant confidence to his demeanor, "So if that is what you bring to her, whether it be raw brutish thrusts, or more elaborate means to last for hours of delightful torture and play, the results are what matters. Now, this does not mean that repetition does not become boring," He waved a hand, graciously acquiescing to her point, "but in that I find that it becomes dependent upon the woman. An adventurous woman may provide fun for weeks or months even, but a less exciting partner should surely be, as you said, turned away.."

Ivory

Eliana chuckled.  "Touche," she allowed graciously.  "However, I think you overestimate the ability of your gender as a whole to leave a woman in that condition.  Most men are only concerned with their own needs," she said, emphasizing the word the way he had.  "And a woman is lucky to feel any satisfaction at all in the ten or so minutes she shares with a man.  There are a rare few who make a woman's pleasure a priority, and, of that noble minority, even fewer indeed possess the talent to thoroughly sate a woman.  Most only whet our appetites."

With another wicked grin, the thief added with a soft laugh, "Or, perhaps, that's just me."

She sipped her wine, noting with some disappointment her latest glass was already nearing the bottom...  How time flew!  She would be lucky to find her own bed -- or to rise before sunset!  She slid to the edge of the counter and gracefully lowered herself to the floor before him, then picked up her glass and resumed their conversation.  "I'll be interested to see the results of your...technique," she murmured with a slow, appreciative glance.  "And if you are able to incorporate your words into your masterpiece."

Doc

"That is where you are wrong, my dear.." Sylus spoke with a small twinkle of mirth in his eye, "I think wholly the opposite of my gender. That is to say, you are most correct in your observations. A man, most men, see little past their own needs and would put a womans need to the wayside.." His smirk grew then, "And as for those pitiable fools who last only for such a short amount of time, it is not just question of stamina or will, but knowledge. As you said, there is plenty that can be done with hand and tongue to keep a woman so enthralled as to give any man time to recover.."

When she slid down from the counter Sylus took a gracious step back, if only to politely give her room to stand. He made no effort to catch her in case she fell or even steady her if the drink was catching up. No, instead he simply watched with his bemused smirk as she came lightly to her feet. He sipped at his wine, letting the smooth liquid trickle down his throat. His cup too, was nearing it's end and though he loathed to leave an open bottle unattended, her next words saw his smirk grow and one brow arch.

"Oh is that so? And do you offer yourself to be the canvas upon which I practice my art?" He asked with quiet curiosity, noticing her glances but making no move to show it. Instead he simply placed his cup upon the upper counter and stepped forward, closer to Eliana as his violet eyes then began to burn with something other than mirth or contempt, "Because, my dear, I would hate to start something only to find you lack such stamina or adventurous spirit.." His eyes roamed her body once more, unashamed at the open appraisal, before focusing steadily into a gaze locked with brilliant sapphire blue. After a moment of judgment however, his smirk spread into a more gracious smile, "Though I do not think this would be the case.."

Ivory

Eliana was rather looking forward to this...  She didn't often associate so freely with her fellow bandits, afraid it would give them particular ideas.  Besides, she wasn't interested in bonding of developing feelings with these people!  But Sylus could, in the very least, talk the talk -- and she was interested in seeing if her expectations would live up to the reality.

"Is your brush ready?" she asked coyly, almost purring.  She closed the distance between them, a mere inch away now.  "Or will it require some attention first?"

Wulfgar and Sekeo aside, it seemed few others were awake to witness this little tryst -- more's the better, she thought.  Let the fools sleep well into the afternoon!

There was a low scrape against one of the walls that, normally, Eliana would have paid little mind -- particularly because her mind, currently, was on the fun that awaited them upstairs.  Even so, some instinct for survival was screaming at her to pay attention in the back of her mind...

...But her mind couldn't quite seem to grasp what it was that had suddenly set her on edge.  "Sylus," she murmured, glancing back to the half-elf.  Her voice was still pitched low, but the breathy edge it had adopted was now gone.  "Remind me again.  What, exactly, were we celebrating last night?"

Doc

Sylus, too, was looking forward to this little escapade. While he was certainly not one taken to fits of sexuality or need, dismissing whores and the affections of any of the other women of the bandits who sought his company, in Eliana he thought he saw a familiar trait. There would be no emotion in this, no complicated bond formed. This was simply for the act of pleasure and to that Sylus could get behind.

"Ah, I believe you will find my brush is always ready.." He said with a smooth tone, one born of true confidence and not mere bravado. One of the many things his elven heritage had bestowed upon him was great endurance, and he looked forward to putting it to the test.

The soft sound of scraping on the wall drifted to the half-elfs pointed ears, one of which twitched with indifference, but the sound drew his mind. Where Eliana had not turned to look, the subtle change in her tone told Sylus she too had heard it. It was that little bit that put the assassin on edge and caused his violet eyes flicker to the cut stone which made for the window.

"I never thought to question.." He answered in a low hiss, as disgusted with himself as the others. He had entertained thoughts that being with these bandits might have been the death of him, though he hadn't thought it would have come so soon, "I was under assumption it was simple drunken revelry.."

If Wulfgar had heard the sound, which he had not, it did not show. The big man was busy making his own concoction of special drinks. Moving quieter than a man of his size should, and with more agility, he swept the room gathering up cups that still yet held wine, mead, beer or ale, and returned them to the table. There he began to mix the drinks together into one tall metal flagon, pleasantly humming to himself about the tasty drink that would soon follow.

Ivory

Eliana nodded slightly; the assassin's response had affirmed her suspicions.  They still had yet to take form fully, but her thoughts were beginning to slowly gather, moving from suspicion into speculation.

A crowded tavern was no place to use a bow, unfortunately.  And her whip wouldn't fare much better, but, at least, with most of the room unconscious, it left them with a good amount of space to work.

Her eyes swept back over the quiet room, taking in the number of people still asleep.  At least Wulfgar was awake...and, she supposed, if this was really happening, she supposed she owed the man a silent thanks for waking her up in the first place.  But how was it the noise had failed to rouse so many people?

"You did say you wanted to kill some people, didn't you?" Eliana asked curiously, fingers already playing over the whip at her side.  She looked a lot calmer than she felt.  If this was a raid, they were already at a disadvantage...  Ten minutes more, and she and the half-elf would have been caught in nothing but the beauty granted to them by the Gods...

Doc

"Always.." Sylus hissed with a small humorless smile. He was woefully unprepared for a fight if this indeed was about to turn into one. He was without his armor or his swords or even his bow, and though he still had a clutch of daggers and knives on him, if it was the city guard and any of them wore metal armor his thrown blades would be nearly useless. Not to mention he was dressed in simple dark leather pants and a gold lined dark leather vest, with his cloak of course, but still his armor sat nestled safely away in his room along with other things.

He placed a gentle hand on Eliana's back and stepped around her, his eyes locked on the window when the soft clank of metal began to echo up from stairs near the door. It was then that Wulfgar began to notice the noise, his head coming up from his own concoction as he turned with a broad smile, "Oh good, more people come to drink!"

Ivory

Eliana was in much the same boat as Sylus.  A whip did little against armor...  Fortunately, most of the town guard preferred to walk around without their helmets...at least, while in town.  She had yet to be present for a raid like this.

Of course, the guard usually didn't get this far, as she understood it.

If she had had the time, she could have pretended to be a whore -- and, perhaps, let go.  However, that would require some preparation, as the guards probably knew who they were looking for...

"I don't think they're here to drink, Wulfgar," she put in, a bit sourly.  "I think they're probably here to fight."  The giant liked fighting, didn't he?

There weren't many of them awake -- even fewer in any condition to hold a weapon.  And they were probably vastly outnumbered.  Lowering her voice again, speaking directly to Sylus from over his shoulder, she said, "We need to limit the number who get inside."  If they found themselves facing the entirety of the guard, they would be overwhelmed in short order...  "How flammable is that alcohol of yours?"

Doc

"Quite.." Sylus admitted with a slight frown. While he knew where she was leading to with that question, and understood the need, he didn't much like the idea of wasting his wine on firebombs. Of course, he disliked the idea of being caught and hung by the guard even more.

Sylus dropped down behind their makeshift bar and began pulling away a few of the floor panels revealing a small crate with at least four more bottles of his wine. And also the extent he was willing to go to hide said wine from the likes of Wulfgar and the others.

"Huh?" Wulfgar shot Eliana a confused look, though when he saw just how...serious the two of them looked things began to click for Wulfgar. He too was drawn then to the noise coming from the steps as if just hearing it for the first time. Instead of a look of fear or nervousness, Wulfgars eyes widened somewhat and that broad grin began to grow, "Ahh! Good! A good fight after a night o' drinkin' is just what you need to get your day started!!"

The big man reached against one of the support beams holding up the ceiling and lifted his axe. It was a massive thing and Wulfgars only real possession for which he cared. Not that it had any significance to him aside from being the only weapon he owned which he hadn't broken yet. The next thing he grabbed was the table they had been sitting at. Their were other tables, some closer to the door and some lighter, but Wulfgar grabbed the massive rough hewn oak table and began walking it toward the door. Any bodies in the way were either kicked aside or dragged along as the table legs groaned across the wooden floor.

"So much for surprise.." Sylus muttered as he sat the last two of his bottles on the counter with a quick frown in direction of the noise Wulfgar was making. He set about pulling the corks free on all the bottles before looking back at Eliana with dangerous violet eyes, "Think you can manage some wicks?"

Ivory

"What the hell is he doing with that table?" she wondered, watching the big man as he progressed through the room.  Sylus's question drew her attention back to the matter at hand, and she nodded.  "Should be easy," she answered with a quick nod.

There was just the matter of material...

It took her about three seconds to spot the discarded rag from earlier, and she picked it up with a curious eye.  It was light -- but, she thought, it would burn well enough for their purposes.  She returned to the bar with her prize.  After a few quick flicks of her wrist and with the help of a knife, she soon had the wicks in place.

"It's a shame," she lamented as she placed the last on the counter.  There wasn't much time to grieve, however; the sounds outside the door had paused.  They were, doubtless, about to charge in.

"Try not to die," she murmured with a grin to the half-elf over the impromptu explosives.  "I'll be disappointed if I have no one to work off all of this excitement with."

Doc

"Who knows.." Sylus grumbled as he pulled free the last cork on the wine. When Eliana returned with the strips of cloth he began tucking them down into the bottles, spilling a little and letting it soak into the cloth each in turn to ensure it would burn. Smiling at the idea of burning those who would dare set against them alive, Sylus looked around for a candle or torch to light them with. Luckily, and perhaps a bit dangerous, there happened to be a candle burning at the edge of the bar, nestled in a wrought iron holder with a few sticks next to it for lighting pipes.

"Well, at least their ignorance is proving useful for one.." He griped as he carefully moved the candle from where it sat next to spilled liquor and beer and moved it over closer to where he and Eliana stood. While maybe not much safer of an area on the bar, Sylus much preferred his own idea of where to place it than that of any the drunken idiots who may have placed it first. Elianas comment drew his attention and he turned his head, eyeing her with a wry grin, "Yes, it would be a shame to leave all that energy wasted.."

As if in answer to her question earlier, Wulfgar stopped moving the giant table. With one hand and a loud grunt he flipped the thing on its side, creating a barrier just far enough back that the door could still open. Throwing his axe up on his shoulder he turned to the woman and the half-elf who were eyeing each up behind the bar like they planned to ditch the fight in favor for a roll in the hay.

"Hate to salt your game, Red," Wulfgar said with a broad grin, "an' steal your woman, but if you two would kindly like to join me for this fight?" He gestured with a tilt of his head to the makeshift bunker he had created, "I would appreciate it. And this way, you don't burn down the whole tower throwin' them things in here!"

He laughed at the somewhat stunned look Sylus had that he hadn't considered the danger the fire might represent after. The stairs up the tower were stone as well as the close quarters of the area, making the circular stairwell a good place for the ambush. Something apparently Wulfgar had already considered. Sylus eyes narrowed darkly at the man as Wulfgar walked to the window.

Looking out he saw a man on a ladder no more than a few feet away. Without a word he stepped back and readied his axe, waiting for the mans head to come into view of the window.

Ivory

Eliana stared at Wulfgar like he'd grown a third eyeball!  "Well, well," she breathed once the giant had turned away.  "I suppose something useful had to sink into that thick skull."  Preserving their lives did, indeed, seem rather useful, now that he had pointed it out!

She was half-tempted to leave the fight in his hands.  He seemed to know what he was about, suddenly, although he looked no less eager for the combat to begin.  He was certainly a lot more eager than either herself or Sylus...

"I suppose it's for the best," she murmured as she unwound the length of her whip.  She didn't crack it yet; there would be plenty of that, she thought, in a moment.  "I throw like a girl anyway."  Built for defense, one person with enough firepower could hold the door on his own; Wulfgar would probably need help with the windows.  He couldn't be everywhere at once, after all.

"Needless to say," she added as she delicately sashayed around the bodies, strewn chairs, and tables towards the window opposite Wulfgar.  "Try to save a bottle, if you can get away with it."  She reached it in time to plant the butt end of her whip handle in a man's nose.  In spite of the nose guard, it burst into a red mess.  The second blow, aimed at an unprotected cheek, cracked reassuringly, and the guard plummeted back downwards.

Doc

The half-elf managed to carry the six bottles of wine and the candle through the room, around passed out bandits an whores and the toppled mess of chairs, tables and everything else with a certain sense of grace and poise. Once safely behind the overturned table he sat the candle aside and hefted up his first bottle. Sylus gave Eliana a wry look and a quick nod, "Oh believe me, I shall be the model of restraint.."

Before he could continue, the door bulged as men pressed against it. Sylus dipped the wick to the candle, watching as the tattered strip of rag came alight, and then prepared to throw. There was quiet mumbling and time seemed to stand still for a moment before the door burst open as men in simple chain mail and leather moved in to breach.

They were met with the first bottle that shattered against the simple shield of the first man spraying liquid fire over him and the other man beside him. Both men panicked causing the door way to jam up as people behind tried to move forward and they moved back. Sylus launched a second bottle that hit the helmet of a man in the middle of the crowd, covering more people in burning wine. Panic and screams set in and the discipline of the guards began to break down as a few stumbled inward flailing and trying to put themselves out. Sylus pulled free a fat, wickedly carved knife and hopped over the table, striking the men at their unprotected necks and thighs.

Wulfgar raised his axe in silent cheer when Eliana dropped the first man in the window. The second men to come up barely had time to see the woman, his eyes wide with the surprise of being caught only to go blank as Wulfgars axe came down on his head splitting easily through the helmet. He too went tumbling back off the ladder. Wulfgar hefted the mighty axe back and then spun around, striking a burning guard in the chest before he was driven into the stone wall with enough force that the axe clanked off the stone behind him, cleaving him from just below the shoulders and up.

Ivory

She made a bit of a face as Wulfgar swiftly dispatched of two guards in short order.  It was impressive that such a large man could move with such speed, and Eliana made a mental note not to underestimate him.

Sylus, too, seemed to be faring well in the doorway.  At least, he seemed to be containing the guards...

Another guard appeared, quite suddenly dropping from a window on the other side of the room...and not far from Sylus.  The thief ducked past the giant, leaving him to handle that side of the room, as she hurried to the rescue of the half-elf.

With a flick of her wrist, her whip shot out to coil neatly around the undefended throat of the guardsman.  It was a technique that rarely worked -- but the man's attention had been on Sylus and not on the woman.  He made a strangled sound of surprise, followed by a choked cry as she yanked back on the weapon, bringing him toppling backwards onto the floorboards less than three feet away.  Her dagger re-appeared, quick as lightning in her hand, and she ended his suffering with a swift blow to his throat.

By the time she had untangled the whip from the dead man's throat, a second guard had dropped down through the window...and this one was not about to make the same mistake as the first.  Sword drawn, he began to move cautiously towards the whip-wielding woman.

Doc

If the other two were struggling or  worried, Wulfgar seemed to be having the time of his life. His loud boisterous laughter carried over the din of the pitched battle as he practically jumped back and forth from the window to the door. His big axe hacking large chunks and dismembering body parts on some and sending others crashing around the room. Sylus, if he was displeased by Wulfgars help, didn't show it.

He did however flash a pointed look at Eliana when she took down a man who had tried to sneak up behind the half-elf. Sylus was dancing from person to person, knife in one hand and a dagger in the other, wounding and hampering men with cuts to exposed areas. Each wound mortal in its own right, or at the least physically disabling, though maybe not the staggering killing blows of Wulfgar.

When Eliana found herself at the end of another guards blade, Sylus moved quickly. He ducked low and slashed across the insides of a mans unprotected legs eliciting a scream as the man crumbled before turning away and pushing off on the balls of his feet. He nimbly jumped to the top of the bar delivering a heavy heel of very expensive black leather boots to another guards face that sent the man tumbling back into Wulfgars axe. Sylus completed the maneuver by launching himself once again and coming down beside Eliana a few feet away. The guard with the sword was forced to turn his attention between the two of them.

"I would be remiss," Sylus informed her with a small bow of his head, "if I did not return the favor.." And then he lunged for the man, He couldn't get close, not with him so well prepared, but he could at least distract him for her.

Ivory

Eliana breathed a soft sigh of relief at the intervention, moving backwards to put space enough to use the whip between herself and the attacker.  A whip was not the most effective melee weapon; it was better for crowd control and intimidation...and the sword had a longer reach than her dagger or blackjack in close combat.  It was, she reflected, a good thing she wasn't fighting this battle alone.  (Of course, if she were, she would have gone about things a different way...)

"My hero," she answered the assassin in a purr.  She lashed out with the weapon again, this time wrapping its length deftly around the man's wrist while Sylus held his attention.  It forced his arm back, buying Sylus the precious seconds he would need to strike at his suddenly exposed front as the man struggled to free his arm.

Once the half-elf had struck, Eliana let the whip go slack.  It coiled off the man's arm neatly, and she immediately brought it back up and around with a resounding crack to catch a guardsman across the face as he stepped through the door.  The red welt split open a microsecond later, leaving a bleeding cut across the man's face with the tip narrowly missing his eye.  He ducked and stumbled backwards into an ally as he nursed his wound, giving the second man a reason to hesitate in his charge.  He was just slightly too far away for the whip to reach, but Eliana cracked it in his direction anyway, chuckling out loud when he flinched.

The next man through the door, however, would not be so easily stopped.  Their leader had made an appearance at last.  His hard gaze took in the carnage with a sneer of displeasure, and he started to bark out orders in an attempt to rally his scattered and wounded troops.

Doc

Sylus' blades dripped with blood as he jumped back in time to watch the guardsman snatch helplessly at his tumbling intestines. Spinning his dagger deftly in his left hand for a moment, it only took the distraction caused by Elianas whip to give him the space he needed. His arm jutted forward slightly at the elbow, wrist locking at the last second to send his dagger hurtling through the air. It landed with a solid thunk in the throat of the man behind the fellow with the bleeding face.

Wulfgar, for his part, was having a grand time and it showed. He played with one man keeping him at bay with one handed thrusts of his axe while his other hand crushed down around the throat of a man he was holding off the ground. As though the leather wrapped guard weighed nothing, Wulfgar used him as a shield blocking a few glancing blows from a guard before finally striking him down with his axe.

When the orders began being barked, Sylus cursed softly while his violet eyes narrowed on the man. He snatched another dagger from his belt, considering throwing it. The man was two animated though, moving this way and that directing men in combat. Wounded men began to respond, rising to their feet and leaning against walls. Their injuries temporarily forgotten as they struggled through the pain to follow their commanders orders.

"This may be a problem.." Sylus hissed to Eliana as he backed up to create a little space. The bottles were too far away to get to without great risk, and another guard coming in through the back window cut off the idea of retreat through the other upward stairwell. Sylus turned to Eliana with a curious look, "I would be open to suggestions.. Maybe we could escape through the win-"

The half-elf assassin was cut off with a look of surprise when a guards body went flying through the air toward the commander. Followed loudly by a roar of laughter from Wulfgar that was both heartfelt and unholy blood freezing..

Tags: