Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

New House, New Masters [Tally!]

Started by Nix, January 28, 2013, 01:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nix

Kiaal sat in his study, it still didn't feel like his. He and Siiraia had moved to Rillaria, into the castle the Talii's occupied till recently. Nothing felt right about it though. He would not shirk his duties to his province, or to his cousin's house for that matter, but High Lord of Moonspear was a title he never desired, or thought he would possess.

Idly, he moved some papers about the desk, organizing letters and quills out of almost nervous habit. It did unnerve him to be sitting at Lucian's desk. Kiaal could remember the last time he visited his cousin, he remembered standing in front of the desk he now sat behind, Lucian smiling that smile because Kiaal had failed to attend some courtly event. He protested, on the grounds that he was a member of the Order of the Moon first and a nobleman second. What cruel irony that now he sat in Lucian's place.

The sound of the door opening drew him from his daze, eyes falling instantly upon his own image walking toward him. Well, not identical enough, this version wore a long flowing, sleeveless gray dress with a high collar covering the neck and a hood. In fact this version had breasts that were quite noticeable today. "He's on his way brother, I saw him coming through the courtyard." Siiraia said as she awkwardly adjusted her bust.

"What are you doing? And what are you wearing that for?" Kiaal wasn't used to seeing his sister dressed in such an elegant manner, even if her attire was considerably simple for that of a noble woman.

Siiraia scoffed. "The maids would not let me wear pants in the presence of a knight, it is 'unlady like'. I explained that I am oft in the company of knights and soldiers like Crow- sorry, Sir Lian Keist, and that I am part of the same order as him and you, but they would hear none of it!"

Kiaal had to chuckle at that. "Are these the same maids of yours that seem intent on setting you up with every eligible nobleman in Moonspear? Perhaps they think Crow would be a suitable match for you?"

"Please do not even joke of such a thing! Or need I remind you that you should actually meet your fiance before your wedding." She taunted back, leaning against the desk for a moment before straightening up and standing properly, somberly.

Kiaal knew why. It was Lucian's desk. They both stayed silent, waiting for their guest to arrive.

Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

Tally

It felt like making some grand transgression to walk into this manor knowing it belonged to some other lord now.  This had been Lucian's home.

Crow wished to dwell on the sentiment same way one yearns to prod a sore tooth, but that was a weakness and a distraction.  And more importantly, Lucian himself would have scoffed at Crow for growing melancholy over him.  He entered the manor the same way he always had—loudly, and like he owned the place himself.

He found his new lords in the study, and gave them at least the courtesy of knocking before poking his head in.  "You summoned me?"

His eyes drew immediately to Siiraia, who he was quite certain he'd never seen in a dress before.  Not bad.

Nix

Kiaal stood when Crow knocked upon the door and offered a small smile to greet him. "Hello Crow, it is good to see you. Yes, we wanted to speak with you..."

Siiraia shifted uncomfortably and folded her arms to her chest, merely nodding to greet the other. It was weird being in a dress in front of Crow, probably as weird as it was for Kiaal to be his boss now, to be the one the entire order answered to.

"Please have a seat." He motioned to the seat in front of the desk, the one Siiraia had purposefully left open. "We- I, have a special job for you, but it does require a certain amount of... discretion."
Amalendu Somadev // Arkyn // Ayvya // Brynjar Eir // Cijii // Demaraen Astarthos // Jaibah
// Kaavi Klkrin // Kevinth Arik // Khavanri Jalmuur // Kiaal Ethyarion // Lahvi // Mahvash Samara // Maram-Jinan // Robin // Runeha // Siiraia Ethyarion // Sureya Anelise // Tryggvi Vilhjal

"FEELING GREAT ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A JOKING ISSUE, iT IS HEAVY DUTY BUSINESS, aND NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ALL THE SERIOUSNESS THAT SAD THINGS GET" ~American Sports Legend, Charles Barkley

Tally

Crow reluctantly dragged his eyes away from Siiraia and took a seat.  Could that even be worth pursuing?  He had trouble imaging that she'd even hear him out on the matter, but who could say?  Maybe he'd mention it when they were done here.

"Sounds perfect.  I'm the soul of discretion."  He wasn't, but they likely knew that.  If not, they'd find out soon enough.

Nix

Siiraia sighed heavily. "We are serious Crow." Crow wasn't the most tactful knight they knew, but the Keist family had been part of the order of the moon almost as long as the Ethyarions. Crow was loyal. And there was only a small amount of people they could trust right now. Siiraia looked at her twin brother as if asking, are we sure we want to trust him?

Kiaal was sure. He needed someone to be actively investigating Lucian's death. He couldn't just take Lucian's role, not fully. Not until he knew for sure Lucian's killers were brought to justice. Not until his Lord's soul was at peace. "I need you to investigate a lead we found. It concerns the demise of house Talii."