Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Preparing for the party! (M)

Started by alex_xr, January 29, 2013, 06:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Tristan couldn't believe it, the amount of plans it always seemed to take and the amount of conjoling it took to get his household ready. They were going to be hosting everyone who mattered!  His birthday had to go perfect.   He tried to calmly tell the servant to make the ball room dustless, and he meant dustless.   He sighed as he escaped to the west wing. It was right on the coast, House Anell in its large estate was right on the shore.   He rested in one of its arch ways staring into the ocean.

It helped calm him, and keep him civil towards new maids.  He smiled as the small table in this little porch that jutted out from his second story with a great view, was filled with food by several servants. He wasn't sure if Madeline would join him today, but he hoped so, She seemed to be busy as well, It would be nice to catch up he thought and perhaps he could figure out more details of the event, He hoped it went perfect. He had already heard that one house couldn't make it. He  justt hoped it wasn't a trend.

Ycharley

Madaline walked up behind Tristan wrapping her arms around his waist loosely. "How are you doing my love?" She asked softly knowing how stressed he got sometimes. She took a deep breath, breathing in his scent. She loved the man she held, she should after how long they had been together.

She saw the food set out and walked towards the table, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the table. Food and the ocean always seemed to calm him and soothe his nerves. She sat down, wearing a loose and flowing pink dress that drifted slightly in the breeze from the ocean.

alex_xr

He remembered why he loved his wife as she pulled him to the table. " Your looking lovely as always today. " He said as he looked over the offerings and and picked a handful of berries  and began to eat them as he sat at  Madeline's bidding. " I am just so worried, that the party won't be good enough and we will be the laughing stalk of the country"  He said not being able to keep his frown for long as he was in his favorite spot with his favorite person.  " I just want it to be perfect.. It is my 31st birthday.. " He couldn't believe it and with already one province not attending he was worried.

Ycharley

Madaline leaned over and placed a soft kiss on his lips before pulling back and picking up a tart. "Getting all worked up will not make the party go down perfect, if anything it will make the staff nervous. Just relax, we have prepared the best we can, now we must let fate do its work. What is going to happen will happen, so relax darling," she spoke, trying her best to put his mind at ease. To finished off the small tart in a few bites and leaned over to the table to pour herself some of the sweet wine tha was sitting on the table.

alex_xr

Tristan smiled and seemed to relax. " your right, but  and I know the staff are trying their best.  What would I do without you. "  He ate one of the tarts, as a servant poured him wine.   Tristan took a sip and seemed to relax.  " I hear that you have been busy, perhaps you are sneaking present of some sort? "  He said hinting towards it.

Ycharley

Madaline placed her hand on her Chet and playfully acted as if she was taken aback by his words. "Me, sneak something under your nose, no, not me," she said with a smile. The truth was, she had been working of his birthday gifts for a while as well as little extras for the party that he didn't know about. "But if I were to get you something, what would you want?" She asked, trying to make it almost sound like she forgot to get him a gift.

alex_xr

" hmm  I suppose you would be opposed to a harem... hmm  A trip away with a special someone.. or perhaps a fine blade.. Mine is getting dull, or just a night with  you alone. Is all i need  or you could get me a small island! "   He laughed a little knowing he through in some jokes but really he would be fine with just a night with Madaline, She was precious to him and it seemed that he didn't get to spend enough time with her.

Ycharley

Madaline reached and took his hand in her own. She smiled, his hands were so strong and warm. She could remember when she despised the man simply because it was not her choice to marry him. Now though, she loved him with all of heart heart and soul. She couldn't think of much that she wouldn't do upon his request. "I love you," she spoke gently, leaning close to him. She wished he wasn't always so busy, she sometimes grew lonely, but she figured it was the price she had to pay.

alex_xr

Tristan smiled glad that he could grow to love the woman in front of him. " I love you too , has anyone told you, that your beautiful today?"   He smiled wondering what  he would do for their aniversery which wasn't long after his birthday.   Though he did wonder what to get her. " Is there anything you need? " He asked knowing full well he had already gotten her some jewelry.  I heard a new shipment from Essyrn came in, I am sure they have some new fashions. "  He said trying to share the news. 

Ycharley

"I have all I need as long as I have you my love," She spoke softly. If he decided to get her anything it wouldn't be stuff that she needed it would be things to beautify her. "I am sure I will be satisfied with anything you see fit to give me my love," She added after a short pause. She offered him a soft smile knowing soon they would have to get back to preparing for the party.

alex_xr

Tristan smiled and knew he would have to go off and start preparing again, but he put it off by eating another tart and looking at his wife. " hmm I love these, we should have some at the party, perhaps  dressed up a bit of course"

Ycharley

"I know you like them love and they are already on the menu, as well as many of your other favorite foods," She laughed gently, she loved the man so much. "Love you should relax a bit, I am sure I can handle anything else that needs to be dealt with," She offered.

alex_xr

" would you really?  I suppose I could go riding, and I do have a meeting with my advisors." 
He wast truely lucky. He had the best wife in the world he thought.  " Make sure everything is perfect, I don't want my party to be remembered for anything less. "   He tried to smile as he got up and gave her a kiss. I suppose we should end lunch then..

Ycharley

Madaline nodded, "I suppose so my dear, I will see you later?" She spoke, half question half statement. She kept her face pleasant, she wanted to enjoy his birthday, not get stressed out because of it. It wasn't the planning and getting everything together that bothered her. She just knew she would miss him. She made a mental note to plan a small getaway for the two of them so they could spend some well deserved time together.

alex_xr

" Conveniently I have dinner available. and since our kids are training to be lords and ladies.  we have the place to ourselves" He smiled sort of glad that they were away training.  It meant he and Madeline were able to have this time to themselves. " Don't stress too much. "

Ycharley

Madaline shook her head at her husband with a smile. "You are the one telling me to not get stressed?" She asked raising her eyebrows. A moment later she smiled and chuckled. "Go relax love, I have it all under control," she added after a short moment. She honestly hoped that he went to relax and didn't worry over this stuff.

alex_xr

Tristan gave her a hug and a kiss before leaving. He met with his advisors over trade and the general state of some things before leaving them and exploring the town on his horse. He loved doing so, and many wanted to see him and wish him a happy birthday. Tristan smiled as he saw they were throwing a festival for him, He couldn't believe it, that his people had thought to do that. He was than asked if he would make an appearance and he quickly agreed.   

Tristan got back just in time to be at the porch, for dinner.  He stood and watched the sea as he waited for his darling wife.

Ycharley

Madaline went off getting everything in order for his party. She went from one place to another ordering the staff around, making sure they were all busy doing their job. She was glad when she noticed it was time for dinner. Madaline walked to the porch, knowing that he would be there sense he loved the ocean so much.

alex_xr

Tristan smiled as he noticed  Madaline's presence. He turned and embraced her as a fare filled with seafood was place on the table.  " hmm did you know the town is planning a festival for my birthday?"  He said wondering if she had anything to do with it.   He was 31,  no longer just a year past his 20's . He  put that to the back of his mind as the sea air hit his nose again.   He did love the sea and his wife and his little boy. Though he was sure that Claudas was playing at that moment of sleeping.

Ycharley

Madaline let the embrace linger. She didn't want it to end, she knew she had to get the affection she craved when she could. This was one time that she could. She reached for his hand, taking his hand into her own. "Are you hungry my love?" She asked softly, her thumb rubbing his hand lovingly.