Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hide and Seek! (wolfie and Aether)

Started by Cerc, January 11, 2013, 04:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerc

When Alexis got back, she planned on finding out who sent her and Siegfried on a mission into the middle of a freaking forest. It was hell trying to find a clear enough area for her to hop off his back, let alone land. Also, who sends a fire dragon to a heavily wooded area? Seriously!

"Over there. Is that a large enough area to drop me off?" Siegfried banked in the direction she referenced and circled the area a few times.
"The only way down will be through the trees." He sent back.
"It'll have to do. It's not like there's anywhere better." The dragon gave a mental nod as a reply and lowered down as close to the trees as he could.

It was still a few feet of a drop to the nearest tree branch and she wasn't sure if it would be sturdy enough to hold her. Alexis tightened her lips, sent a quick prayer, and dropped. The branch made a horribly loud crack as she landed on it and she followed through to the next branch as the one she just left fell, crashing downwards.

"You alive down there?" Siegfried asked wryly.
"Close enough." She sent back.
"I'll keep looking for a spot to land. Let me know if you need me." Alexis watched her partner fly off before looking down. It was a ways to the ground and the climb wasn't going to be easy. She sighed and started heading down.

wolfie

Alerri wasn't sure what the day would bring. Nia wasn't around but around somewhere on another path with her family. That suited her as she knew she would visit that trio another day. Alerri was out wandering around the forest thinking of stretching her wings. She kept her mind open hoping not to be surprised by anyone else.

Instead of flying though she took to running. She climbed off the path and went through the woods nothing would dare harm her even if she was in human form. She'd just transform and make them wet themselves. It seemed to work the last time she did it.

She thought she felt something or rather someone close at hand. She kept heading in that direction, but wasn't sure what to make of it. Humans, except maybe a few bandits, rarely came into the forest without some reason. She thought she felt another dragon nearby.

Alerri walked a little more in silence trying to figure out if it was a friend or foe ahead of her. She was pretty much ready for anything at this point. Longingly she wished she could breath fire or ice anything that could protect her. Stopping she leaned against a tree thinking she needed to run more often. Little did she know what was above her just then.

AetherRose

OOC: Sorry if I didn't make this clear in the previous thread, but I'm not joining until you get to the bandit camp.

Cerc

((OOC: I apologize for the delay in posting. The flu really kicked the snot into me.))

Alexis froze when she saw movement below. Had a patrol found her already? No, it seemed like the woman below was alone and hadn't noticed Alexis above her. Whoever the lady was, she was probably connected to the bandits. Few honest folk would be this deep in the woods.

The dragonrider slowly unsheathed her belt knife, trying to be as silent as possible, then dropped down on her unwitting target.

wolfie

((OOC: Things happen. However I think kicking the snot out of you is more what the flu would do :P))

Alerri was just relaxing. She wasn't far from where she had to be to meet this other human and maybe the dragon. She was trying to listen for them but found it difficult. She figured the dragon was shielding them for some reason. Bandits was the first thing that came to her mind.

Boy was she surprised. Out of nowhere a female came with a knife ready for some damage. She was caught, but she had a few surprises of her own if she wanted. Something told her deep down not to change though. Yes, it would surprise this person but she had a feeling the dragon was with this creature.

"Hello there, I'd say nice to see you but that knife makes it a bit unpleasant. Are you one of those bandits roaming this forest? If so I suggest you take a hike before I make you," she said not liking bandits. She remembered her shoulder and would never forgive for that.

Cerc

"Got in a little tussle with some other bandits, eh?" Alexis' grinned in a less than friendly way. "Well, perhaps we can help each other, then." She put a few feet of space between herself and her new 'friend.' Keeping her knife at the ready, of course. "You see, I'd like to have a little chat with them myself. Trouble is, I'm a tad bit lost. Mind helping me find my way around? I can certainly make it worth your while."

It was a gamble, of course. She would need to keep a close eye on the other woman and keep a doubly careful eye out for traps. The risk would be worth it, though. Being able to walk straight into the camp and call in her air support to torch the place would have this mission go down as the easiest she would have ever done.

wolfie

"Not these I don't think another place and time it happened," she said not sure if she should trust this person. She hadn't exactly answered her. Alerri wondered why she was wandering these woods still.

"Perhaps if you answer me. Are you a bandit? Why are you looking for them?" She said still being cautious. She would keep her distance as well. Something else was bothering her. Where was the dragon she thought she felt earlier?

"Are you here alone?"

Cerc

"I'm looking for them because they can help me with something." It was true enough. After all, Alexis couldn't bring them to justice if she couldn't find them! "As for being alone, I have no idea where the closest person is in this forest. Besides you, of course." She sheathed her knife and adopted a less threatening pose. "So, how 'bout it? Want to help a traveler in need?"

"Have you found anything yet?" Siegfried asked a few seconds after Alexis asked her own question.
"Not really." She replied. "I've found one person but she isn't being too cooperative."
"Well, hurry up. This forest is too thick for me to land in and I don't want to fly around all day."
"Fine, fine. If you're going to be like that, I may have to force her to give me what information I need." She sent back, agitated a little.

wolfie

Alerri was a little annoyed that this person wasn't answering her questions. She thought about just leaving this woman and going her own way. It would serve her right. She sighed and leaned against a tree.

"Thanks for putting that knife away. You could still be a bandit, and I don't help bandits," she said matter of factly. It was true she didn't believe that those doing wrong should get away with it. This person hadn't said he wasn't a bandit. She sighed wondering if she could get away from this gal.

"After all you did pull a knife on me. I'm just walking through the forest I thought I.. never mind that isn't important right now," she said thinking that mentioning a dragon in these parts might be a mistake. She sighed wondering if perhaps this woman really was lost. :)

Cerc

"Look. I'm not a bandit, alright?" Alexis said, her agitation at Siegfried coming out a bit. "I'm with the military. I thought you were connected to them and could lead me right to them." She probably was revealing too much. After all, this other woman could be connected to her target but time was slipping away too quickly. She did have a deadline to meet.

((Gah. Just couldn't think of anything to reply with. >.<))

wolfie

Alerri listened to this woman. She said she wasn't with them and it seemed she wasn't looking to hurt her. This was a plus in the gal's mind. She sighed knowing somewhat where to find them. It was easy for a dragon to seek out minds.

"I don't know what you want them for, but alright one less bad man in the forest is a good thing. I'm not connected with those bandits. I can help you find them," she said knowing she had pushed a few buttons. She was used to beings yelling at her for her innocents in the world. This one seemed no different.

Opening her mind up she thought again she felt another dragon nearby. It wasn't so close that it was on the ground, but it was close enough. She said nothing having a feeling that if the dragon was with this woman, the woman might mention it. She also thought it not wise showing her hand just then. She didn't often admit to being a dragon to just anyone.

"The bandits have made camp to the north," she said using her tracking abilities.